HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Streit's next contract

Old
07-09-2012, 06:29 PM
isles31
Poster Excellont

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin27NYI View Post
2 years, 10-11 million.
Streit >> Carle

If MS starts off strong & puts up points like he's capable of doing, I'd give him 2/3 yrs at 6per. I'm fairly certain he'll put up his share of points, esp on the PP with JT & Viz

isles31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 06:58 PM
leaponover

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Pointed Stick View Post
How can you say that Pnut? PAP was in the fold, part of the crew, down with the Wang. He went on and on about wanting to remain an Islander, how they had a great future, how they gave him his break. Yet he took the money...

Crying Ryan meanwhile was given the red carpet treatment by the club. No expense was spared I heard in trying to woo Captain Canada here. I guess he just couldn't hack the switch to a more urban lifestyle from the lone prairies of the frozen north. That's why he chose Los Angeles next and, um, er, oh yeah...

These stories are almost as sad as old yeller getting a shotgun injection for rabies.

I think some of you can't handle the yin and the yang of each topic. Maybe this site could make a thread to stick the "terminally apologetic" to keep you guys from derailing typical point/counterpoint discussions with nagging and predictable accusations of "being bashers" when you really have no honest counter arguments.
Smyth is still a poor example, he spent all of 3 months here. PA is a good example. It's still a pissing contest though, 6 of one half a dozen of the other. Just make sure the winds at the backside for the two of you and have fun.

leaponover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 01:31 AM
leaponover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pnut View Post
Smyth felt betrayed by Edmonton, then why would he stay here? We were the team he was traded to, we don't matter to him (let alone that was a team with a TON of floaters). PA is something totally different than Vis and Nabby who were world class (read:good) players before they came here. PA was a nobody. It is a false comparison made to bash this team.
I agree with APS that PA is a good example for his point, but why are you bringing up Smyth feeling "Betrayed" by Edmonton??? HELLO! Who does he play for now? There were also rumors that offseason that he might sign with the Oilers again and what would be the implications of that type of fleecing taking place. So that "betrayal" stuff is garbage lol.

leaponover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 02:18 AM
TheZec

He will get ~4.5M + 4M in bonuses to reach the floor.

TheZec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 07:57 AM
Fantom

I hope we can keep him around. I like the guy. I think he is a good guy for the club to have around. Plus it would be nice to have him stay and still have the C. I would be cool with two more seasons at around the same $. or a little less. Def not a raise IMO

Fantom is offline   Reply With Quote