HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Trade Proposal Thread ‎2012 4.0

View Poll Results: Who would you rather?
Johnny Quick 38 40.86%
Henry Lundquist 55 59.14%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
08-22-2012, 10:43 AM
AmeriHab

vCash: 500
For once can we not trade younger players or draft picks! There may not be a season, so just trade vets for picks since they won't play anyway this year and leave core player trade talks alone. The youngest guy we to consider trading is Pleks for huge value being a great 2C! And even he shouldn't be on the market

Old
08-22-2012, 09:19 PM
NH57
Habs 4 Life

Douglas Murray
Michal Handzus
Branden Mashinter

Rene Bourque
1 of our 2013 2nds

Thoughts?

Old
08-22-2012, 09:47 PM
Jordan28

Subban for Yakupov

get ail and gally back together
plus with what subban is asking were likley gonna have him for another year rfa if no one makes an offer maybe unlikley but id loe to see nail and gally

Old
08-23-2012, 03:44 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan28 View Post
get ail and gally back together
plus with what subban is asking were likley gonna have him for another year rfa if no one makes an offer maybe unlikley but id loe to see nail and gally
i'd think about it but would probably just say no in the end.

now don't go post that on the main board, oil fans will cite his 'attitude problems' as a reason why they would never want to touch him. and then there's marincin "chara 2.0 once he puts on muscle". they're a hard crowd to reason with...

been there, done that, thread was not pretty

Old
08-23-2012, 07:41 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahhabib View Post

Douglas Murray
Michal Handzus
Branden Mashinter

Rene Bourque
1 of our 2013 2nds

Thoughts?
Where do you put Handzus? 4th line?

I don't see San Jose doing that deal.

Old
08-23-2012, 01:44 PM
Miller Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahhabib View Post

Douglas Murray
Michal Handzus
Branden Mashinter

Rene Bourque
1 of our 2013 2nds

Thoughts?
from habs pov, would much prefer the deal if you replace Handzus with Havlat...

but don't see why Sharks would be interested in either deal (unless they were moved by the ability to clear up cap space or shed salary).

Old
08-24-2012, 12:01 PM
vokiel
I hate blind passes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitant le colon View Post
so you are saying that Kane and Byfuglien will not help the team to finish top 8?
Did they help the Jets finish top 8?

You know the answer.

Old
08-24-2012, 05:50 PM
Habitant le colon

Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
Did they help the Jets finish top 8?

You know the answer.
so ya are saying that our team can be compared to jets because they were not in a play-off spot ?!

Old
08-24-2012, 08:02 PM
HabsUK

Now this has come from the worst of twitter sources, we all know the one I mean, but wondered what everyone thought of it. I'm really not sure that I would do the trade, but might be looking through homer eyes at Subban and Eller.

Subban + Eller + Bourque for Kane + Hainsey

Old
08-24-2012, 09:35 PM
WhiskeySeven
President of Canada

Evander Kane + Ron Hainsey for Subban + Eller + Bourque

Is a rumored proposal that Bergevin sent the jets; what do you guys think?

Either PK is worse than I think he is or Bergevin doesn't rate Eller and Bourque at all. I think E Kane is a fantastic player but giving up on two very young studs for him is a sideways move imo. Plus losing PK shreds our defense because as decent as Hainsey is, we'll be back to depending on Markov to carry the heavy load and he hasn't shown that he's capable.

I really don't like this proposal, but I'd like to know what some of you think

Old
08-24-2012, 09:43 PM
WhiskeySeven
President of Canada

I just think a DMan who plays all three scenarios, 25 min a night and is talented with the puck is worth whatever he wants. Just seems a bit odd that he's apparently asking for a long term on his second deal - though not unheard of.

Old
08-24-2012, 09:45 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
I just think a DMan who plays all three scenarios, 25 min a night and is talented with the puck is worth whatever he wants. Just seems a bit odd that he's apparently asking for a long term on his second deal - though not unheard of.
You know what, I agree with you 100%. Subban's contract is not one we should be pinching pennies with.

And yeah I get the whole argument that cheap core = great supporting cast.

Old
08-24-2012, 09:51 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
Evander Kane + Ron Hainsey for Subban + Eller + Bourque

Is a rumored proposal that Bergevin sent the jets; what do you guys think?

Either PK is worse than I think he is or Bergevin doesn't rate Eller and Bourque at all. I think E Kane is a fantastic player but giving up on two very young studs for him is a sideways move imo. Plus losing PK shreds our defense because as decent as Hainsey is, we'll be back to depending on Markov to carry the heavy load and he hasn't shown that he's capable.

I really don't like this proposal, but I'd like to know what some of you think

I think Kane and Subban are equal value wise - I'd trade Bourque for Hainsey in a heartbeat but Eller as a throw-in is way too much. I'd pass on the trade.

Subban going to Winnipeg makes no sense at all, from a Winnipeg perspective. Not only do they not really need him, I doubt he'd be interested in staying there long-term, which would be the purpose of getting someone like Subban.

-----------

The Jets would need to add Trouba before I'd consider that trade, even then I don't see it making sense for either team.

Last edited by Frozenice: 08-25-2012 at 12:31 AM.
Old
08-24-2012, 10:30 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsUK View Post
Now this has come from the worst of twitter sources, we all know the one I mean, but wondered what everyone thought of it. I'm really not sure that I would do the trade, but might be looking through homer eyes at Subban and Eller.

That'd be a pretty bad trade for us.

Old
08-24-2012, 10:39 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
from habs pov, would much prefer the deal if you replace Handzus with Havlat...

but don't see why Sharks would be interested in either deal (unless they were moved by the ability to clear up cap space or shed salary).
That would be a SICK trade for the Habs.

Old
08-25-2012, 10:25 AM
Miller Time

Quote:

absolutely not from our POV...

while the typical fan and superficial hockey pundit might overvalue the scoring attractiveness of a young PF like Kane, a young top-pairing dman that can do everything (and imo shows signs of having elite #1 talent) is far far far more valuable to a franchise both short & long-term.

perhaps in a smaller market, where the "buzz" of a goal scoring winger has added ticket/merchandise sale value, as far as winning hockey games is concerned, Subban >>> Kane imo.

That said, for the superficial optics, no way Jets could trade with us for Kane without one of Price/MaxPac/Subban going the other way (and probably with a + on our end, amazingly).

so i don't see any realistic trade there for us, unless our GM falls into that fan trap

Old
08-25-2012, 02:39 PM
Habitant le colon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
absolutely not from our POV...

while the typical fan and superficial hockey pundit might overvalue the scoring attractiveness of a young PF like Kane, a young top-pairing dman that can do everything (and imo shows signs of having elite #1 talent) is far far far more valuable to a franchise both short & long-term.

perhaps in a smaller market, where the "buzz" of a goal scoring winger has added ticket/merchandise sale value, as far as winning hockey games is concerned, Subban >>> Kane imo.

That said, for the superficial optics, no way Jets could trade with us for Kane without one of Price/MaxPac/Subban going the other way (and probably with a + on our end, amazingly).

so i don't see any realistic trade there for us, unless our GM falls into that fan trap
adding the fact that hockeyyinsiderss is the main source of that ... its like eklund rewash speculation ...

Old
08-25-2012, 05:04 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:

Terrible twitter source means you don't give any thought to it because they reached up their ass and pulled out names.

Old
08-27-2012, 01:59 PM
imisssaku
@imisssaku

Evander Kane would be a god send...

for

Rene Bourque
Tomas Kaberle
Danny Kristo
Nathan Beaulieu
1st rounder this year.
2nd Rounder this year.

Winnipeg would likely never, ever do this trade... Leans heavily in MTs favour... but having Bourque under contract (theyll likely have a tough time attracting UFAs) They need a puck mover so Kaberle somewhat fits and both players should be able to replace the offense lost. Kaberle/Bourque have pretty much negative value but having 2 roster players go back in the trade would be good for them.

Habs are giving up alot but this deal that makes sense because theyre not losing any pieces of their core. wWould likely need bodies in return (AHL players or less touted prospects, maybe a low draft pick) but to nab Kane it would take alot.

Can't see Winnipeg ever doing this deal though, only if Kane publicly start to demand a trade would something like this ever be considered. I think it would be something along the lines of what I think the Habs would offer. Problem is that Winnipeg wants to win now and that deal sort of looks toward the future. I think Winnipeg needs to draft heavily out of the WHL and get some talent out of Manitoba and Saskatchewan for the team to be successful.

I could see WPG wanting Gallagher instead of Kristo, and hell maybe even Markov instead of Kaberle... but Markov has more question marks IMO and while Kaberle is constantly **** on he's good for 30 points and a great bottom pairing guy... albeit an expensive one.

I'm trying to convince myself it could happen. Sigh, the summer is long.

Old
08-27-2012, 02:16 PM
Takashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by imisssaku View Post

for

Rene Bourque
Tomas Kaberle
Danny Kristo
Nathan Beaulieu
1st rounder this year.
2nd Rounder this year.

Winnipeg would likely never, ever do this trade... Leans heavily in MTs favour... but having Bourque under contract (theyll likely have a tough time attracting UFAs) They need a puck mover so Kaberle somewhat fits and both players should be able to replace the offense lost. Kaberle/Bourque have pretty much negative value but having 2 roster players go back in the trade would be good for them.

Habs are giving up alot but this deal that makes sense because theyre not losing any pieces of their core. wWould likely need bodies in return (AHL players or less touted prospects, maybe a low draft pick) but to nab Kane it would take alot.

Can't see Winnipeg ever doing this deal though, only if Kane publicly start to demand a trade would something like this ever be considered. I think it would be something along the lines of what I think the Habs would offer. Problem is that Winnipeg wants to win now and that deal sort of looks toward the future. I think Winnipeg needs to draft heavily out of the WHL and get some talent out of Manitoba and Saskatchewan for the team to be successful.

I could see WPG wanting Gallagher instead of Kristo, and hell maybe even Markov instead of Kaberle... but Markov has more question marks IMO and while Kaberle is constantly **** on he's good for 30 points and a great bottom pairing guy... albeit an expensive one.

I'm trying to convince myself it could happen. Sigh, the summer is long.
The habs would never do this trade.
We are trading a guy who has proven to be capable of scoring around 30 goals, a defensement who can do 30 points, a guy who has the potential to be a 1 or 2 liner, our best (or second) defesement prospect who has the potential to be a top 2 dman, our 1st and 2nd rounder this year in a draft that will be very deep and talented, all this for just one guy? no way.

Old
08-27-2012, 02:42 PM
imisssaku
@imisssaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takashi View Post
The habs would never do this trade.
We are trading a guy who has proven to be capable of scoring around 30 goals, a defensement who can do 30 points, a guy who has the potential to be a 1 or 2 liner, our best (or second) defesement prospect who has the potential to be a top 2 dman, our 1st and 2nd rounder this year in a draft that will be very deep and talented, all this for just one guy? no way.
I don't think Bourque is a 2nd line guy anymore. I think his production is on a downward trend. Kaberle is replaceable within our system. I wouldn't be too unhappy seeing Weber get more minutes in his absence. I think he would do an ok job replacing his offense and defensively well they're both not very good haha.

I dont want to see Kristo be next years Schultz. How does Anaheim feel right now?

Beaulieu would hurt to lose, but I feel Tinordi and Ellis will both be better long-term.

The 1st and 2nd is alot, but we're not offering enough in the roster players to nab Evander Kane. I would definitely protect the 1st rounder from the top 5, top 10 if you could. Something like they'd get next years pick regardless of position.

Kane is a 3 year NHL vet. He played at 18, and put up 19 goals in 72 games (you can assume he'd get one more in the last 10 games that would have made a full season) and 30 last year. He's an incredible player trending up. He's going to nab alot. Look what Rick Nash got at 28 years old with a 7 million cap hit. We could sign him to a contract similar in length to Price/Subban/Gorges and have a really solid core locked up for the next 4-5 years.

Kane isn't as good as Nash but he's a 30 goal power forward on the Jets. So he's close, lol.

Also the Salary lost. Gives the Habs so much flexibility even with Gomez. We could sign a couple of the not-terrible UFAs out there. Bring AK back on a one year (very similar, but I think better player than Bourque. Throw Kubina a one year contract. Big, Right handed, better defensively than Kaberle.

Edit- Also MTL would need more back as well, which i did mention but didnt go into. Couple under 25's and a later pick.

Last edited by imisssaku: 08-27-2012 at 02:52 PM.
Old
09-01-2012, 04:09 PM
Dagistitsyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by imisssaku View Post

for

Rene Bourque
Tomas Kaberle
Danny Kristo
Nathan Beaulieu
1st rounder this year.
2nd Rounder this year.
Holy **** No.

Old
09-01-2012, 06:01 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

I would do Kristo/Gallagher + Beaulieu and a couple of 2nds + roster player for EKane. No doubt. That's actually not too bad for them if there is no way they can sign him. Give him a Pacioretty-esque deal. Play him with Pleky. Win the Cup... 3 years later.

Old
09-01-2012, 06:30 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

An offer sheet would likely be similar to what Kessel was traded for: 2 - 1sts and a 2nd. That would hurt but it would be fair value and something I would do. With Kane in the line-up I don't see us ending up bottom 5 so it wouldn't be that unreasonable and would give us a great core.

Old
09-02-2012, 09:47 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
An offer sheet would likely be similar to what Kessel was traded for: 2 - 1sts and a 2nd. That would hurt but it would be fair value and something I would do. With Kane in the line-up I don't see us ending up bottom 5 so it wouldn't be that unreasonable and would give us a great core.
Kane isn't skilled enough to make sure a team doesn't finished bottom 5 to making the playoffs.

Would make the team deeper, but it would cost us more than you, or anyone here thinks.

Closed Thread