HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Trade Proposal Thread ‎2012 4.0

View Poll Results: Who would you rather?
Johnny Quick 38 40.86%
Henry Lundquist 55 59.14%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
01-30-2013, 08:53 PM
vokiel
I hate blind passes

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Where would we put Despres? In 2 years our 3 left defensmen should be Beaulieu, Gorges and Tinordi. My guess it's going to be those 3 for a very, very long time.
Fine, Despres + ... for Gorges + ...

Old
01-30-2013, 09:24 PM
Aceekay

Colorado: Ryan o'reilly

Montreal: cole, eller/desharnais +prospect+pick

Old
01-30-2013, 10:22 PM
Habskrieg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceekay View Post

LOL. No. Look, O'Reilly played well in his last season. But not sufficiently enough to give that much for an unproven player. Not to mention that if we do acquire him, he will not want to sign a bridge contract.

Haha, that was funny.

Old
01-31-2013, 02:26 AM
Aceekay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupmonger View Post

LOL. No. Look, O'Reilly played well in his last season. But not sufficiently enough to give that much for an unproven player. Not to mention that if we do acquire him, he will not want to sign a bridge contract.

Haha, that was funny.
I agree that he is unproven but the trade value for cole desharnais/eller isn't as good as you think it is, however it is an overpayment but I doubt Colorado does this since they're pretty high on him. For clarification a pick does necasserily mean Nathan beaulieu and a 2nd. It could be Darren dietz and a 4th.

So you're telling me you wouldn't do cole desharnais a 4th and Darren dietz for o'reilly? I can understand the skeptisicism, but trading for o'reilly is definitely something we should ponder.

Old
01-31-2013, 09:11 AM
otto bond

Quote:
I agree that he is unproven but the trade value for cole desharnais/eller isn't as good as you think it is, however it is an overpayment but I doubt Colorado does this since they're pretty high on him. For clarification a pick does necasserily mean Nathan beaulieu and a 2nd. It could be Darren dietz and a 4th.

So you're telling me you wouldn't do cole desharnais a 4th and Darren dietz for o'reilly? I can understand the skeptisicism, but trading for o'reilly is definitely something we should ponder.
Well I for one think that Cole will be usefull down the line. DD is losing value faster then a new car.
I would move Eller++ for ROR at this point or perhaps shop him around. He doesn't have an identity and has become rather frustrating to watch. He has tools, size and a decent contract that could interest some teams. I just don't think he will find his game here.

Old
01-31-2013, 09:26 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:

Pass.

O'reilly is looking for 5 mil/year, if you have to trade for a guy and still give him top money why not keep the assets and spend on a UFA...similar to Burke's horrible Kessel trade.

Old
01-31-2013, 09:33 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by otto bond View Post
Well I for one think that Cole will be usefull down the line. DD is losing value faster then a new car.
I would move Eller++ for ROR at this point or perhaps shop him around. He doesn't have an identity and has become rather frustrating to watch. He has tools, size and a decent contract that could interest some teams. I just don't think he will find his game here.
I don't see the point of shopping guys like Eller or DD after 5 games, that would be a panic move if I ever saw one. Eller had a solid year last year with mostly crappy wingers. Preseason and training camp just ended FFS. It usually takes 3 weeks of training camp and exhibitions to get to game 1.

Old
01-31-2013, 09:48 AM
otto bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I don't see the point of shopping guys like Eller or DD after 5 games, that would be a panic move if I ever saw one. Eller had a solid year last year with mostly crappy wingers. Preseason and training camp just ended FFS. It usually takes 3 weeks of training camp and exhibitions to get to game 1.
Well for me, I just don't see it from Eller. Last year was not a solid year for him IMO. I don't care for his play especialy offensivelly. I will go on and say that a playmaking winger could be nice on his side. He needs a spark like he did last year.

Old
01-31-2013, 10:32 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by otto bond View Post
Well for me, I just don't see it from Eller. Last year was not a solid year for him IMO. I don't care for his play especialy offensivelly. I will go on and say that a playmaking winger could be nice on his side. He needs a spark like he did last year.
It's still only 5 games, in a season with no training camp and with a new coach and GM.

Old
01-31-2013, 02:01 PM
HCH

If I could pick up a depth guy who could be used as our #6 or #7 defenseman while adding some size and muscle, I would look at Washington to see if John Erskine is available. He is old enough that he would probably be gone by the time Tinordi is ready at at 6'4 220 he suits our needs much better than Kaberle or Weber.

Despite playing only 3 games so far this year, he leads the team in hits and would be second on the Habs behind Emelin. He has blocked an average of 2 shots per game which would rank him 3rd on the Habs. I realize these are just stats but he plays with an edge that the team lacks on the blueline at the moment.

Old
01-31-2013, 02:18 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by HCH View Post
If I could pick up a depth guy who could be used as our #6 or #7 defenseman while adding some size and muscle, I would look at Washington to see if John Erskine is available. He is old enough that he would probably be gone by the time Tinordi is ready at at 6'4 220 he suits our needs much better than Kaberle or Weber.

Despite playing only 3 games so far this year, he leads the team in hits and would be second on the Habs behind Emelin. He has blocked an average of 2 shots per game which would rank him 3rd on the Habs. I realize these are just stats but he plays with an edge that the team lacks on the blueline at the moment.
Yeah I would be ok with trading Weber for a pick(2nd or 3rd) and trading for a guy like that, hopefully getting a better pick in the process. Wonder if they would swap Kaberle-Erskine?

Old
01-31-2013, 08:10 PM
BrimStone64

If we fall out of race how about trading Markov for Craig Rivet type return?

I was thinking Markov for Ouelette, first round pick and Flippura? Then flip him

Old
01-31-2013, 08:16 PM
Lebowski

If the Habs are out of the playoff picture by the deadline and Markov keeps up the good play, would you guys like something like this to happen?

To Pittsburgh

Andrei Markov

To Montréal

Simon Desprès
1st rounded 2013

Old
01-31-2013, 08:17 PM
Lebowski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats86 View Post
If we fall out of race how about trading Markov for Craig Rivet type return?

I was thinking Markov for Ouelette, first round pick and Flippura? Then flip him
Did you watch the Pens- Rags intermission?

Also, you won't get that type of return from Detroit. Filpulla has turned out into a pretty decent offensive player and I'm not sure Detroit would let him go...

Old
02-01-2013, 02:25 AM
Ubercron9000

Im not a tanker or a "we need more french speaking players on the team guy", but I did like a trade proposal of subban and eller for couturier and a 1st. A big centreman that we want.

We can maybe flip dehairnais for niklas hjarmalsson and a second or the second is vice versa. which we can maybe flip weber for a second?

Cole-Couturier-Pacioretty
Gionta-Plekanecs-bourque
Gallagher-Galchenyuk-prust
Moen-White-Armstrong

Markov-Emelin
Diaz-Gorges
hjarmalsson-Boumieser

price
budaj

In terms of prospects I expect tinordi to replace boumieser next year. We have a guy like nygren progressing nicely and beaulieu in the mix. We should have some good depth and we won't need to rush our defenseman.

have 2 firsts and 4 seconds.

Old
02-01-2013, 03:30 AM
Aceekay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubercron9000 View Post
Im not a tanker or a "we need more french speaking players on the team guy", but I did like a trade proposal of subban and eller for couturier and a 1st. A big centreman that we want.

We can maybe flip dehairnais for niklas hjarmalsson and a second or the second is vice versa. which we can maybe flip weber for a second?

Gionta-Plekanecs-bourque
Moen-White-Armstrong

Markov-Emelin
Diaz-Gorges
hjarmalsson-Boumieser

price
budaj

In terms of prospects I expect tinordi to replace boumieser next year. We have a guy like nygren progressing nicely and beaulieu in the mix. We should have some good depth and we won't need to rush our defenseman.

Couturier isn't a first line centre and he sure as hell isn't worth subban and eller and I don't believe Philly is going to miss so you're looking at a late mid round pick. If we can be assured its a top ten pick I might do it, but they still have add another piece.

Old
02-01-2013, 04:11 AM
BrimStone64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowski View Post
Did you watch the Pens- Rags intermission?

Also, you won't get that type of return from Detroit. Filpulla has turned out into a pretty decent offensive player and I'm not sure Detroit would let him go...
No, just an idea. What did it say in their intermisson?

Habs won't deal Markov. I would but they won't. I would trade Markov at the deadline for a stud prospect or its equal. Then draft a Drouin, take freed up cash from Markov trade and sign a Corey Perry. Then team has enough fire power to contend for Cup. Way they are now Habs finish touch over .500, gone in first round of playoffs and draft the next Louis Leblanc or Nathan Beaulieu.

Old
02-01-2013, 08:41 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowski View Post
If the Habs are out of the playoff picture by the deadline and Markov keeps up the good play, would you guys like something like this to happen?

To Pittsburgh

Andrei Markov

To Montréal

Simon Desprès
1st rounded 2013
It's a very interesting offer but the problem is Markov still has a year on his deal, not sure the Habs will want to move him this year especially if he proves that he is fully recovered and can stay healthy. I think we will keep him and if next year we have a bad year he might be traded away for some assets

Old
02-01-2013, 09:08 AM
otto bond

I'm not sure if Markov has a ntc but if we are 12-15 spot....there would be some interesting proposal. I still say we should keep him but if there's a team offereing something like a bluechip prospect,a 1st ++, then you have to consider it.

Old
02-01-2013, 12:22 PM
Beendair Donedat

How about offering up Le Jeune Veber for Cory Sarich. Habs get a right handed physical defenseman and the Flames get a decent prospect piece with offensive talent. Habs move Kaberle after that for prospects/picks and you've have:

Markov - Diaz
Gorges - Subban
Emelin - Sarich

Thoughts?

Old
02-01-2013, 01:20 PM
LaTenderness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beendair Donedat View Post
How about offering up Le Jeune Veber for Cory Sarich. Habs get a right handed physical defenseman and the Flames get a decent prospect piece with offensive talent. Habs move Kaberle after that for prospects/picks and you've have:

Markov - Diaz
Gorges - Subban
Emelin - Sarich

Thoughts?
Only of Souray promises to stop by every few weeks to one punch Sarich for our viewing pleasure

Old
02-01-2013, 01:38 PM
Beendair Donedat

I'd rather Souray but all the professionals here said he was done years ago.

Old
02-01-2013, 02:04 PM
CanadienShark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubercron9000 View Post

Gionta-Plekanecs-bourque
Moen-White-Armstrong

Markov-Emelin
Diaz-Gorges
hjarmalsson-Boumieser

price
budaj

If anything, I'd have Galchenyuk on our second line with Couts on our third. Plekanec is undoubtedly our #1.

Old
02-01-2013, 03:30 PM
Dharvey33

Hearing rumors about Eller going to chicago for either Stalberg or Bickell. Not a big fan of this i would ask for danault plus 2nd Eller still has some good value.

Stalberg plus 2nd could be interesting too since Stalberg is a player capable of playing top 6 minutes when needed.

Old
02-01-2013, 03:59 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharvey33 View Post
Hearing rumors about Eller going to chicago for either Stalberg or Bickell. Not a big fan of this i would ask for danault plus 2nd Eller still has some good value.

Stalberg plus 2nd could be interesting too since Stalberg is a player capable of playing top 6 minutes when needed.
Where did you hear that?

Closed Thread