HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Trade Proposal Thread ‎2012 4.0

View Poll Results: Who would you rather?
Johnny Quick 38 40.86%
Henry Lundquist 55 59.14%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
02-05-2013, 09:37 PM
groovejuice

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Holy **** are you for real? Why don't we trade Subban to toronto for Colton Orr while we're at it.
Not enough. I hear the Wings have offered either Gadzooks or Zoidberg.

Old
02-05-2013, 10:06 PM
Pigems*

Could we use Eller to fetch a decent back up goalie if budaj was packaged with him?

Old
02-06-2013, 12:11 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
With Horcoff injured for a while, and almost certainly a buyout after the season, I wonder if Eller would be a fit for the Oilers? I like Eller, but I don't think the Habs have been subtle about him being outside the core at this point. MPS is only 21 but is behind a whole bunch of young stars on the wings in Edmonton...
Let's see... Eller is being pushed to be more intense and we'd trade him to get... MPS?!? Mmm... makes sense.

Are we trying to get to 1,500 posts with this thread?

Old
02-06-2013, 12:27 AM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigems View Post
You think Eller would fetch John Scott from a struggling buffalo team?
Please tell me that was just 1 very bad joke!

Old
02-06-2013, 06:01 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:
You think Eller would fetch John Scott from a struggling buffalo team?
your raging ***** for scott is getting embarrassing

eller for scott. really?

Quote:
Could we use Eller to fetch a decent back up goalie if budaj was packaged with him?
budaj IS a good backup. why on earth would you want to upgrade on the position we absolutely do not need to upgrade?

oh **** it, nevermind...

Old
02-06-2013, 06:36 AM
Pigems*

We haven't had a good backup since Halak. I like the idea of a goalie tandom instead of started backup

Old
02-06-2013, 07:13 AM
DAChampion

Quote:
We haven't had a good backup since Halak. I like the idea of a goalie tandom instead of started backup
Not sure why a good backup would come here.

Alex Auld and Peter Budaj played like 10 games a year.

Dan Ellis refused to sign here when we had his rights.

Old
02-06-2013, 07:55 AM
No Team Needed

John Scott for Alex Galchenyuk, Jarred Tinordi, Nathan Beaulieu, three first round draft picks, the statue of Maurice Richard and all of our Stanley Cup banners.

Maybe Buffalo tossing in a 5th.

Old
02-06-2013, 07:56 AM
vokiel
I hate blind passes

Quote:
We can sign a decent back up goalie this summer, there isn't any rush.

I understand the will to try and get something for Eller, but why do you have to scrape the bottom of the barrel? We could get pretty good value for him in a package at the deadline.

Old
02-06-2013, 07:59 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Budaj IS a decent back up. So we'd be basically giving away a strong asset in Eller.

Old
02-06-2013, 08:05 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:
as DAchampion mentionned, who the hell would want to come here to sit on the bench from 70+ games a year?

and a goalie tandem never works. might work for st-louis but that's because of the team in front, not the goalies. who would be an appropriate for price's tandem partner? lundqvist? luongo?

Old
02-06-2013, 08:07 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Budaj's numbers were almost as good as Price last year, how is that NOT the definition of a good back up?

Old
02-06-2013, 09:48 AM
Roulin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
Let's see... Eller is being pushed to be more intense and we'd trade him to get... MPS?!? Mmm... makes sense.
I don't think Eller is being "pushed to be more intense" so much. It's more that Therrien just isn't a fan. I'd like to keep Eller, but if your newly hired coach doesn't want to use him, what are you going to do?

IMO intensity is not much of a problem for MPS. I think some tunnel vision has kept him from doing what you'd expect from a top 10 pick. He's still a fantastic skater and has size. He's not the most creative player offensively, but generally makes responsible decisions. Right now I think he'd contribute on a line with the Gallies.

Old
02-06-2013, 09:56 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
I don't think Eller is being "pushed to be more intense" so much. It's more that Therrien just isn't a fan. I'd like to keep Eller, but if your newly hired coach doesn't want to use him, what are you going to do?

IMO intensity is not much of a problem for MPS. I think some tunnel vision has kept him from doing what you'd expect from a top 10 pick. He's still a fantastic skater and has size. He's not the most creative player offensively, but generally makes responsible decisions. Right now I think he'd contribute on a line with the Gallies.
What makes you think Therrien isn't a fan?

Yeah he benched him, but until Pacioretty came back he had him on the top line with DD and Cole.

Old
02-06-2013, 10:22 AM
Roulin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
What makes you think Therrien isn't a fan?

Yeah he benched him, but until Pacioretty came back he had him on the top line with DD and Cole.
Eller was on the DD-Cole line because he has been the spare part, moved wherever there is an opening in the lineup. The team's Rex Hudler. His ice time has been 13:01/g, down from 15:18 last season, that's not including the two games he was benched. There's also the "besoin d'encadrement" that Therrien gave as his Eller word association during a recent interview.

Old
02-06-2013, 11:07 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Eller was on the DD-Cole line because he has been the spare part, moved wherever there is an opening in the lineup. The team's Rex Hudler. His ice time has been 13:01/g, down from 15:18 last season, that's not including the two games he was benched. There's also the "besoin d'encadrement" that Therrien gave as his Eller word association during a recent interview.
Last year the team sucked(2nd half anyways) and had a pile of injuries so that explains why he played more.

It will force him to work harder and be more asserrtive when he does get on the ice. I think it can only help his development.

Forcing kids to EARN promotions >>> Just giving them everything.

Old
02-06-2013, 11:14 AM
Roulin

Quote:
Last year the team sucked(2nd half anyways) and had a pile of injuries so that explains why he played more.

It will force him to work harder and be more asserrtive when he does get on the ice. I think it can only help his development.

Forcing kids to EARN promotions >>> Just giving them everything.
Eller is 23, I wouldn't call him a kid. Most of his development is behind him.

Old
02-06-2013, 11:25 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Eller is 23, I wouldn't call him a kid. Most of his development is behind him.
There are a lot of bigger NHL forwards that took longer to develop...Kesler at 23 had 37 points. There are tons of other examples.

Last edited by Monctonscout: 02-06-2013 at 12:43 PM.
Old
02-06-2013, 11:29 AM
Pigems*

What do you think about using eller in a package to draw a 1st round pick( and whatever else we can get with it) from maybe calgary or florida or another bottom team then use the two 1sts (or 1st and something else)wed have to jump to first over all this year if we don't get it anyways? Maybe add mackinnon or drouin to the gally gally line for next year?

Last edited by Pigems*: 02-06-2013 at 11:35 AM.
Old
02-06-2013, 11:37 AM
Maxpac

From John Scott to a back-up to a 1st round pick now. Why don't you just admit you don't have a damn clue about trade value....

Old
02-06-2013, 11:40 AM
Pigems*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
From John Scott to a back-up to a 1st round pick now. Why don't you just admit you don't have a damn clue about trade value....
I've spent much to much time playing NHL 13 lol its ruined me lol

Old
02-06-2013, 12:11 PM
Roulin

Quote:
There are a lot of bigger NHL forwards taht took longer to develop...Kesler at 23 had 37 points. There are tons of other examples.
I'm not saying Eller won't improve his production. I'm saying that he's no longer in development, as far as fundamentally shaping the player. Kesler in 07-08 was well on his way to becoming the player he ended up as in his prime. BTW, Kesler played 19:03/g that year, his coach clearly had some faith in him.

Old
02-06-2013, 12:13 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
What do you think about using eller in a package to draw a 1st round pick( and whatever else we can get with it) from maybe calgary or florida or another bottom team then use the two 1sts (or 1st and something else)wed have to jump to first over all this year if we don't get it anyways? Maybe add mackinnon or drouin to the gally gally line for next year?
Then, what are the chances we get a better player with more upside than Eller ?

Old
02-06-2013, 12:21 PM
Pigems*

Well I'm thinkin if we had two first rounders to go with 3 seconds we would basically have our choise of any player that's not untouchable wouldn't we? If we don't use the draft picks anyways cause I'm sure TT could make some good use from 5 picks in the top 60

Last edited by Pigems*: 02-06-2013 at 01:00 PM.
Old
02-06-2013, 01:17 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
I'm not saying Eller won't improve his production. I'm saying that he's no longer in development, as far as fundamentally shaping the player. Kesler in 07-08 was well on his way to becoming the player he ended up as in his prime. BTW, Kesler played 19:03/g that year, his coach clearly had some faith in him.
It's way too early to say Therien has no faith in Eller. He looked good on LW Saturday, Pacioretty's return, not his play bumped him to 4th line. I can see him getting a few shifts with the Gally's, I'm sure they will try and get him more than just 4th line ice.

Closed Thread