HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Trade Proposal Thread ‎2012 4.0

View Poll Results: Who would you rather?
Johnny Quick 38 40.86%
Henry Lundquist 55 59.14%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-05-2013, 09:37 PM
  #1051
groovejuice
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 4,033
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Holy **** are you for real? Why don't we trade Subban to toronto for Colton Orr while we're at it.
Not enough. I hear the Wings have offered either Gadzooks or Zoidberg.

groovejuice is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 10:06 PM
  #1052
Pigems*
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 545
vCash: 500
Could we use Eller to fetch a decent back up goalie if budaj was packaged with him?

Pigems* is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 12:11 AM
  #1053
Habsterix*
@Habsterix
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
With Horcoff injured for a while, and almost certainly a buyout after the season, I wonder if Eller would be a fit for the Oilers? I like Eller, but I don't think the Habs have been subtle about him being outside the core at this point. MPS is only 21 but is behind a whole bunch of young stars on the wings in Edmonton...
Let's see... Eller is being pushed to be more intense and we'd trade him to get... MPS?!? Mmm... makes sense.

Are we trying to get to 1,500 posts with this thread?

Habsterix* is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 12:27 AM
  #1054
Maxpac
Registered User
 
Maxpac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: hockey city
Posts: 14,282
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigems View Post
You think Eller would fetch John Scott from a struggling buffalo team?
Please tell me that was just 1 very bad joke!

Maxpac is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 06:01 AM
  #1055
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger
 
MasterDecoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Beijing
Posts: 10,713
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigems View Post
You think Eller would fetch John Scott from a struggling buffalo team?
your raging ***** for scott is getting embarrassing

eller for scott. really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigems View Post
Could we use Eller to fetch a decent back up goalie if budaj was packaged with him?
budaj IS a good backup. why on earth would you want to upgrade on the position we absolutely do not need to upgrade?

oh **** it, nevermind...

MasterDecoy is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 06:36 AM
  #1056
Pigems*
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 545
vCash: 500
We haven't had a good backup since Halak. I like the idea of a goalie tandom instead of started backup

Pigems* is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 07:13 AM
  #1057
DAChampion
Registered User
 
DAChampion's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Canberra, Australia
Country: Australia
Posts: 7,562
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigems View Post
We haven't had a good backup since Halak. I like the idea of a goalie tandom instead of started backup
Not sure why a good backup would come here.

Alex Auld and Peter Budaj played like 10 games a year.

Dan Ellis refused to sign here when we had his rights.

DAChampion is online now  
Old
02-06-2013, 07:55 AM
  #1058
No Team Needed
Registered User
 
No Team Needed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: essex
Posts: 3,649
vCash: 500
John Scott for Alex Galchenyuk, Jarred Tinordi, Nathan Beaulieu, three first round draft picks, the statue of Maurice Richard and all of our Stanley Cup banners.

Maybe Buffalo tossing in a 5th.

No Team Needed is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 07:56 AM
  #1059
vokiel
I hate blind passes
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Montréal
Country: Martinique
Posts: 7,208
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigems View Post
Could we use Eller to fetch a decent back up goalie if budaj was packaged with him?
We can sign a decent back up goalie this summer, there isn't any rush.

I understand the will to try and get something for Eller, but why do you have to scrape the bottom of the barrel? We could get pretty good value for him in a package at the deadline.

vokiel is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 07:59 AM
  #1060
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 31,415
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigems View Post
Could we use Eller to fetch a decent back up goalie if budaj was packaged with him?
Budaj IS a decent back up. So we'd be basically giving away a strong asset in Eller.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 08:05 AM
  #1061
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger
 
MasterDecoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Beijing
Posts: 10,713
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigems View Post
We haven't had a good backup since Halak. I like the idea of a goalie tandom instead of started backup
as DAchampion mentionned, who the hell would want to come here to sit on the bench from 70+ games a year?

and a goalie tandem never works. might work for st-louis but that's because of the team in front, not the goalies. who would be an appropriate for price's tandem partner? lundqvist? luongo?

MasterDecoy is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 08:07 AM
  #1062
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 31,415
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigems View Post
We haven't had a good backup since Halak. I like the idea of a goalie tandom instead of started backup
Budaj's numbers were almost as good as Price last year, how is that NOT the definition of a good back up?

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 09:48 AM
  #1063
Roulin
Registered User
 
Roulin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,242
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
Let's see... Eller is being pushed to be more intense and we'd trade him to get... MPS?!? Mmm... makes sense.
I don't think Eller is being "pushed to be more intense" so much. It's more that Therrien just isn't a fan. I'd like to keep Eller, but if your newly hired coach doesn't want to use him, what are you going to do?

IMO intensity is not much of a problem for MPS. I think some tunnel vision has kept him from doing what you'd expect from a top 10 pick. He's still a fantastic skater and has size. He's not the most creative player offensively, but generally makes responsible decisions. Right now I think he'd contribute on a line with the Gallies.

Roulin is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 09:56 AM
  #1064
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 31,415
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
I don't think Eller is being "pushed to be more intense" so much. It's more that Therrien just isn't a fan. I'd like to keep Eller, but if your newly hired coach doesn't want to use him, what are you going to do?

IMO intensity is not much of a problem for MPS. I think some tunnel vision has kept him from doing what you'd expect from a top 10 pick. He's still a fantastic skater and has size. He's not the most creative player offensively, but generally makes responsible decisions. Right now I think he'd contribute on a line with the Gallies.
What makes you think Therrien isn't a fan?

Yeah he benched him, but until Pacioretty came back he had him on the top line with DD and Cole.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 10:22 AM
  #1065
Roulin
Registered User
 
Roulin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,242
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
What makes you think Therrien isn't a fan?

Yeah he benched him, but until Pacioretty came back he had him on the top line with DD and Cole.
Eller was on the DD-Cole line because he has been the spare part, moved wherever there is an opening in the lineup. The team's Rex Hudler. His ice time has been 13:01/g, down from 15:18 last season, that's not including the two games he was benched. There's also the "besoin d'encadrement" that Therrien gave as his Eller word association during a recent interview.

Roulin is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 11:07 AM
  #1066
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 31,415
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
Eller was on the DD-Cole line because he has been the spare part, moved wherever there is an opening in the lineup. The team's Rex Hudler. His ice time has been 13:01/g, down from 15:18 last season, that's not including the two games he was benched. There's also the "besoin d'encadrement" that Therrien gave as his Eller word association during a recent interview.
Last year the team sucked(2nd half anyways) and had a pile of injuries so that explains why he played more.

It will force him to work harder and be more asserrtive when he does get on the ice. I think it can only help his development.

Forcing kids to EARN promotions >>> Just giving them everything.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 11:14 AM
  #1067
Roulin
Registered User
 
Roulin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,242
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Last year the team sucked(2nd half anyways) and had a pile of injuries so that explains why he played more.

It will force him to work harder and be more asserrtive when he does get on the ice. I think it can only help his development.

Forcing kids to EARN promotions >>> Just giving them everything.
Eller is 23, I wouldn't call him a kid. Most of his development is behind him.

Roulin is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 11:25 AM
  #1068
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 31,415
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
Eller is 23, I wouldn't call him a kid. Most of his development is behind him.
There are a lot of bigger NHL forwards that took longer to develop...Kesler at 23 had 37 points. There are tons of other examples.


Last edited by Monctonscout: 02-06-2013 at 12:43 PM.
Monctonscout is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 11:29 AM
  #1069
Pigems*
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 545
vCash: 500
What do you think about using eller in a package to draw a 1st round pick( and whatever else we can get with it) from maybe calgary or florida or another bottom team then use the two 1sts (or 1st and something else)wed have to jump to first over all this year if we don't get it anyways? Maybe add mackinnon or drouin to the gally gally line for next year?


Last edited by Pigems*: 02-06-2013 at 11:35 AM.
Pigems* is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 11:37 AM
  #1070
Maxpac
Registered User
 
Maxpac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: hockey city
Posts: 14,282
vCash: 500
From John Scott to a back-up to a 1st round pick now. Why don't you just admit you don't have a damn clue about trade value....

Maxpac is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 11:40 AM
  #1071
Pigems*
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 545
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
From John Scott to a back-up to a 1st round pick now. Why don't you just admit you don't have a damn clue about trade value....
I've spent much to much time playing NHL 13 lol its ruined me lol

Pigems* is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 12:11 PM
  #1072
Roulin
Registered User
 
Roulin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,242
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
There are a lot of bigger NHL forwards taht took longer to develop...Kesler at 23 had 37 points. There are tons of other examples.
I'm not saying Eller won't improve his production. I'm saying that he's no longer in development, as far as fundamentally shaping the player. Kesler in 07-08 was well on his way to becoming the player he ended up as in his prime. BTW, Kesler played 19:03/g that year, his coach clearly had some faith in him.

Roulin is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 12:13 PM
  #1073
Mrb1p
Registered User
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,606
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigems View Post
What do you think about using eller in a package to draw a 1st round pick( and whatever else we can get with it) from maybe calgary or florida or another bottom team then use the two 1sts (or 1st and something else)wed have to jump to first over all this year if we don't get it anyways? Maybe add mackinnon or drouin to the gally gally line for next year?
Then, what are the chances we get a better player with more upside than Eller ?

Mrb1p is online now  
Old
02-06-2013, 12:21 PM
  #1074
Pigems*
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 545
vCash: 500
Well I'm thinkin if we had two first rounders to go with 3 seconds we would basically have our choise of any player that's not untouchable wouldn't we? If we don't use the draft picks anyways cause I'm sure TT could make some good use from 5 picks in the top 60


Last edited by Pigems*: 02-06-2013 at 01:00 PM.
Pigems* is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 01:17 PM
  #1075
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 31,415
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
I'm not saying Eller won't improve his production. I'm saying that he's no longer in development, as far as fundamentally shaping the player. Kesler in 07-08 was well on his way to becoming the player he ended up as in his prime. BTW, Kesler played 19:03/g that year, his coach clearly had some faith in him.
It's way too early to say Therien has no faith in Eller. He looked good on LW Saturday, Pacioretty's return, not his play bumped him to 4th line. I can see him getting a few shifts with the Gally's, I'm sure they will try and get him more than just 4th line ice.

Monctonscout is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:41 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.