HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Nasty depth Dman to the Kings- Edm/Dal+

Old
07-08-2012, 12:32 AM
Cool Hand Goof*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
You win a prize! One ticket to ride the 2013 Kings bandwagon.
the wagon wont see the playoffs its cool

Cool Hand Goof* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 12:42 AM
ScubaSteve*

Fistric for literally anything.

ScubaSteve* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 12:51 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Carkner would've been a nice option.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 12:53 AM
BrickAHL
#NotUs

vCash: 432
Shane O'Brien for whatever you guys want to give us

BrickAHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 12:54 AM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

vCash: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScubaSteve View Post
Fistric for literally anything.
This won't happen. He won't be going to a division rival, and we'd at least get a pick/prospect back.

LatvianTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 12:56 AM
Cruel11
Son, just don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontgoZiggy View Post
I'd like to see Lombardi pick up a nasty crease clearer this off season. Im thinking someone like Theo Peckham or Mark Fistric. What would their respective rights be worth? Who else is available?
We don't need another dman. If one of the the guys get hurt, then I think one of the rookie's should step up. Plus, we have DD44.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEALBound View Post
Martin to LA for Brown.

Last edited by Cruel11: 07-08-2012 at 01:08 AM.
Cruel11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 01:55 AM
Rorschach
33 #nottobedenied

Quote:
Originally Posted by King goof View Post
the wagon wont see the playoffs its cool
Haters gonna hate!

Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 02:40 AM
DontgoZiggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by King'sPawn View Post
So is the idea to have two of every type of player in case the main one gets hurt? You're going to need a much bigger roster.

Or accept the fact that the Kings try to play TEAM toughness, and while losing Greene would hurt, they would neither lose their strong defensive game or overall tough approach to the game.
I like the teams toughness as a whole but feel we could add a little mongrel depth on D. Green is great but could do with cover. We have a few puckmovers in the system, but not that many Bangers. It might be nice to have the option of dressing a semi competent intimidator on D against some of the more robust teams as well.

DontgoZiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 02:44 AM
DontgoZiggy

Quote:
Oh ok so basically you're thinking what I'm thinking...we have Greene...that's it.

But personally I don't want to disrupt chemistry on the NHL club and we do need a guy like that in the AHL. And it will be easy to trade for a guy like that I think. But one who has a year in the NHL, looks good there and is just about ready to come up. We love to make guys like that spend ANOTHER year in the NHL, lol.

If Luongo falls through, I wouldn't mind trading Bernier plus for Gudbranson or someone like that maybe with less pedigree.

- R

That would be ideal, I doubt Florida would go with that though, theyre quite high on Gudbranson aren't they. He'd eventually succeed scuds or mitchell.

DontgoZiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 03:19 AM
SCARFACE909

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontgoZiggy View Post
That would be ideal, I doubt Florida would go with that though, theyre quite high on Gudbranson aren't they. He'd eventually succeed scuds or mitchell.
They're not going to move Gudbranson, especially for Bernier, even if a package.

SCARFACE909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 11:16 PM
SoulAssassin

Going into the playoffs this past year I really thought we'd be better off if we added some depth at 7D, someone better then DD44... Mike Weaver, Mark Eaton, type... but alas we did not and it worked out.

In terms of toughness, I wouldnt mind seeing if we could add Clutterbuck (as much as I think MIN wouldnt trade him) to our 3rd line RW. He'd add some offensive, tenacity, great on the PK, and a truckload of hits....

SoulAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 11:48 PM
KingLB

People are honestly concerned and willing to give up assets for a backup #6 defensemen???!?!?! People realize you can't have an NHL ready player to step into every position assuming a player goes down...Muzzin is close enough, give him a chance. You don't need an average 30 yo nothing to be ready to plug into every hole that may appear at some time.

KingLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 11:57 PM
Eskimo44

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
Peckham would be cheap, we have some good defensive defenceman with size in Marincin, Teubert and Musil.

David Musil is the next Matt Greene.
I doubt they get Teubert back after dealing him. Marincin is not at all what the op is looking for, and would cost an arm and a leg. Musil would be expensive too, and is too far away from NHL duty for what the op wants. Peckham may be cheap on HF, but i really do think the Oilers believe in him. Mark my words, we deal Peckham and he becomes Matt Greene all over again. He was our youngest dman last year with Petry, of course he sat. He did suffer a bit of a sophmore slump but was excellent on the PK, can enforce, and has a solid track record in the AHL and had a good rookie year. I may be in the minority of Oiler fans but moving Peckham would be a mistake.

Eskimo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 11:57 PM
Roof Daddy

I would consider a 4th rounder fair for Peckham.

Roof Daddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 12:18 AM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post
Sophomore slump + being stuck with Gragnani as his partner for half the season, tbh. (Seriously, I bet at least half of those minuses are Grag's fault.) Doubt he's going anywhere since we acquired Ott and they are "brothers", in any case.
Well, it was more a matter of the genius that Ruff is deciding "Hey, Weber plays physical...Let's make him a shutdown D-man" and trying to put Weber against top line opposition...and it failed, greatly, giving him an excuse to keep Grags in the lineup over Weber. Nevermind that Weber-Regehr was extremely slow...but he literally took Weber from the Press Box and put him against the likes of the Malkins of the world and expected it to work.

New Sabres Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
artilector

Erskine is good as a depth tough guy (and I'd actually put him into top 6 over what the Caps have there right now). However, depending on what happens with new coach he might not get a chance to play for the Caps much, and if that's the case, I'd want to deal or package him with something for like a 3rd round pick.

artilector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Riptide

Quote:
Don't mean to rain on your parade but we have a guy like that already...

We could use a young backup for him on the Black Aces though in case we get hurt because in the entire Kings organization there is only one of him.
I'm sure Shero would be happy to take Greene off your hands if you're not happy with him...

Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 12:37 AM
apadilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valic View Post
Something around Peckham and Clifford.
these two fought 2 seasons ago, with Peckham scoring a TKO,

i don't think deano is ready to part with cliffy, but i'd like to have Peckham on the roster, he is tough and can play,

something along the lines of Peckham and a 3rd for Richardson and Hickey,

but not sure if the oilers want to make a deal with the kings,

apadilla is offline   Reply With Quote