HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

top 6 forward goes to montreal

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-08-2012, 03:29 PM
  #26
Xelstyle
Registered User
 
Xelstyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Chair and a Desk
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,530
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakomyte View Post
Habs should just sign Kostitsyn. Proven to score 20+ goals with Plekanec/Eller, likes playing in Montreal, costs no assets.

He's a useful player that's been given a very bad rap (lazy/partier) by fans and media that is undeserved.
Yup. This makes the most sense.

Xelstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 03:30 PM
  #27
mindthread
Registered User
 
mindthread's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Gatineau,QC (Ottawa)
Posts: 33
vCash: 500
I like the idea of Morrow. I've been talking about it for a while with some people from work. I wouldn't want to give up Markov for him though. Markov missing was the reason our PP sucked last year and one of the main reasons why we under-performed.

Would Dallas accept...

Rene Bourque
Raphael Diaz
4th or 5th round pick

vs.

Brenden Morrow

mindthread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 04:03 PM
  #28
CHfan1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Sherwood Park, Ab
Posts: 310
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozz View Post
Gomez has negative value.
That's some profound insight there, 7.3 mill and full calendar year of no goals ='s negative value, good to know.

Anyways Montreal isn't in a position to win anytime soon, they don't need to do anything unless it improves them 2-3 years down the road.

CHfan1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 04:33 PM
  #29
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator
 
LatvianTwist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Houston
Country: Tibet
Posts: 18,484
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mindthread View Post
I like the idea of Morrow. I've been talking about it for a while with some people from work. I wouldn't want to give up Markov for him though. Markov missing was the reason our PP sucked last year and one of the main reasons why we under-performed.

Would Dallas accept...

Rene Bourque
Raphael Diaz
4th or 5th round pick

vs.

Brenden Morrow
We'd be stupid not to do this, but I don't see GMJN making that trade for some reason.

LatvianTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 04:47 PM
  #30
PATCHESx67
Registered User
 
PATCHESx67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: West Island MTL
Country: Portugal
Posts: 1,407
vCash: 500
markov aint going nowhere,specially now when hes value is at its lowest

PATCHESx67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 04:59 PM
  #31
Christmas Izzy
Moderator
FollowmeonInstagram!
 
Christmas Izzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 51,278
vCash: 500
Perron lolol

Christmas Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 06:48 PM
  #32
Leafs For Life*
Nothing
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 6,636
vCash: 500
McArthur+Steckel for Bourque+2 2nd?

Leafs For Life* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 06:49 PM
  #33
Leafs For Life*
Nothing
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 6,636
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fst6 View Post
Perron lolol
Right after his signing

Leafs For Life* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 06:51 PM
  #34
CF Punk
Le Magnifique
 
CF Punk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Peterborough, ONT
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,714
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakomyte View Post
He's a useful player that's been given a very bad rap (lazy/partier) by fans and media that is undeserved.
Is that you Andrei?

CF Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 07:06 PM
  #35
Boondock
Registered User
 
Boondock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,622
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by heathfilms View Post
I am just curious what would we have to give to get a top 6 forward I would prefer a LW to play with Plekenec's and Gionta

available

our 3 2nd rounders for next year
Rene Bourque
Diaz
Y. Weber
Patrick Holland

so what would we be able to get we don't need a 40 goal score but a 25-30
goal scorer

here is a list of players I think we would be able to get

Brenden Morrow
Chris Stewart
Bryan Little
Wayne Simmonds
Viktor Stalberg
Ryane Clowe
Simon Gagne
Clarke MacArthur
Danny Cleary
Troy Brouwer

I think that is enough so what would we have to give to get 1 or maybe 2 of theses players if we would be trading one of our top 6
I can't see the Blues looking to add salary and not improve their hockey team for the upcoming season so I would assume Stewart isn't available for those pieces. Little is the Jets #1 C so he's not being traded for spare parts and draft picks (and no C replacement), Simmonds isn't going anywhere after a 28 goal season and a 1.75 cap hit on a team that's going to be right at the cap when the season starts. The rest of the names are not necessarily upgrades when you consider age, contract, or ability but if it's just a matter of changing the chemistry then I don't see why a deal couldn't happen for one of Morrow, Clowe, Gagne, MacA or Cleary. Brouwer might be a hard sell to the Caps since they traded a 1st for him just last year and he's on a decent cap hit right now.

Boondock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 07:08 PM
  #36
QMJHLfollower
Heart and soul
 
QMJHLfollower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,457
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
We'd be stupid not to do this, but I don't see GMJN making that trade for some reason.
Why? That's a pretty bad trade for Dallas.

QMJHLfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 07:10 PM
  #37
Boondock
Registered User
 
Boondock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,622
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaffan16 View Post
McArthur+Steckel for Bourque+2 2nd?
Bourque and MacA basically have similar value so that would mean Steckel (Latin for skates in quick sand) for 2 - 2nds. That might be a tad ambitious.

Boondock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 07:12 PM
  #38
Mr Misty
The Irons Are Back!
 
Mr Misty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,643
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
We'd be stupid not to do this, but I don't see GMJN making that trade for some reason.
Borque is a complete do not want. It hurts me to shun a Badger, but he is signed forever at more than he is worth currently IMO.

Mr Misty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 07:14 PM
  #39
QMJHLfollower
Heart and soul
 
QMJHLfollower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,457
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondock View Post
Bourque and MacA basically have similar value so that would mean Steckel (Latin for skates in quick sand) for 2 - 2nds. That might be a tad ambitious.
No, not even close, MacArthur has way more value than Bourque. MacArthur is the better player, was a lot better offensively this year, he's younger, and has a decent contract. Bourque is signed on a long term bad contract that give him zero value, if not negative value.

QMJHLfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 07:25 PM
  #40
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis
 
Blind Gardien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Four Winds Bar
Country: France
Posts: 19,868
vCash: 500
Well, Bourque is of course negative value only if he stays at the level he has displayed thus far as a Hab. There have been times in the past when he has been loads better than that, however, and he actually has a good cap hit for that player. I'm amongst those who are least optimistic about him regaining that form. For no good reason. Just that he was so miserable after coming over to the Habs I have a hard time visualizing him as a useful player. But once upon a time he was. And tbh, I'd rather take a chance on him regaining form - or on Leblanc, Gallagher, Galchenyuk stepping up - or on signing Kostitsyn - than on trading assets for any other mediocre top-6 band-aids.

Those 2nd rounders the Habs have could be good ones. If Weber follows Suter out of Nashville, if Calgary falters, and then the Habs' own 2nd... it is expected to be a good draft and any of those could be upper-echelon 2nd rounders, I wouldn't spend them freely just because we have multiples. There are internal options for the Habs to consider to fill the top-6 void, no need to go picking over other teams' less-desired options.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 07:30 PM
  #41
QMJHLfollower
Heart and soul
 
QMJHLfollower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,457
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
Well, Bourque is of course negative value only if he stays at the level he has displayed thus far as a Hab. There have been times in the past when he has been loads better than that, however, and he actually has a good cap hit for that player. I'm amongst those who are least optimistic about him regaining that form. For no good reason. Just that he was so miserable after coming over to the Habs I have a hard time visualizing him as a useful player. But once upon a time he was. And tbh, I'd rather take a chance on him regaining form - or on Leblanc, Gallagher, Galchenyuk stepping up - or on signing Kostitsyn - than on trading assets for any other mediocre top-6 band-aids.

Those 2nd rounders the Habs have could be good ones. If Weber follows Suter out of Nashville, if Calgary falters, and the Habs' own one... it is expected to be a good draft and any of those could be upper-echelon 2nd rounders, I wouldn't spend them freely just because we have multiples. There are internal options for the Habs to consider to fill the top-6 void, no need to go picking over other teams' less-desired options.
You're right. Bourque has been good and his contract can be good if he can refoud his game, but right now, he has negative value. So that's not true that he has about the same value as MacArthur, MacArthur has way more value. But like you said, the Habs best option IMO is to keep Bourque and hoping that he'll rebound instead of trying to trade him no that he has nagative value and lost assets because team don't want his contract.


Last edited by QMJHLfollower: 07-08-2012 at 07:42 PM.
QMJHLfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 07:39 PM
  #42
Mr Misty
The Irons Are Back!
 
Mr Misty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,643
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
Well, Bourque is of course negative value only if he stays at the level he has displayed thus far as a Hab. There have been times in the past when he has been loads better than that, however, and he actually has a good cap hit for that player. I'm amongst those who are least optimistic about him regaining that form. For no good reason. Just that he was so miserable after coming over to the Habs I have a hard time visualizing him as a useful player. But once upon a time he was. And tbh, I'd rather take a chance on him regaining form - or on Leblanc, Gallagher, Galchenyuk stepping up - or on signing Kostitsyn - than on trading assets for any other mediocre top-6 band-aids.

Those 2nd rounders the Habs have could be good ones. If Weber follows Suter out of Nashville, if Calgary falters, and then the Habs' own 2nd... it is expected to be a good draft and any of those could be upper-echelon 2nd rounders, I wouldn't spend them freely just because we have multiples. There are internal options for the Habs to consider to fill the top-6 void, no need to go picking over other teams' less-desired options.
4 more years at 3.3 doesn't really fit the Stars situation. Ideally in 2013 two or more of our wing prospects will be full time NHLers, leaving no room for Bourque.

Mr Misty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 07:45 PM
  #43
Boondock
Registered User
 
Boondock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,622
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by QMJHLfollower View Post
No, not even close, MacArthur has way more value than Bourque. MacArthur is the better player, was a lot better offensively this year, he's younger, and has a decent contract. Bourque is signed on a long term bad contract that give him zero value, if not negative value.
Bourque has been better over a longer period of time then MacArthur, Bourque is the better goal scorer and he's signed beyond this season.

MacArthur has only had 2 seasons where he's been anything other then a bottom 6 forward and he's going into the final year of his contract. If you look at the deals being handed out I'm sure re-signing MacA will be more expensive then just keeping Bourque and his 3.33 cap hit (that's if you can even get him re-signed and not lose him for nothing in free agency).

Given contract status and the fact that Bourque's had 2 - 27 goal seasons in the past 3 years, I wouldn't add anything to Bourque in a swap for MacArthur.

Boondock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 07:50 PM
  #44
QMJHLfollower
Heart and soul
 
QMJHLfollower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,457
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondock View Post
Bourque has been better over a longer period of time then MacArthur, Bourque is the better goal scorer and he's signed beyond this season.MacArthur has only had 2 seasons where he's been anything other then a bottom 6 forward and he's going into the final year of his contract. If you look at the deals being handed out I'm sure re-signing MacA will be more expensive then just keeping Bourque and his 3.33 cap hit (that's if you can even get him re-signed and not lose him for nothing in free agency).

Given contract status and the fact that Bourque's had 2 - 27 goal seasons in the past 3 years, I wouldn't add anything to Bourque in a swap for MacArthur.
That's a negative point. If he doesn't go back to his old form, he'll be overpaid for a lot of years. That's why he has negative value.

MacArthur had top 6 productions two years in a row, so he'll probably produce at a top 6 pace this year also. And if not, he only has one year left so you let him go. And if yes he do produce well, I don't see a big problem re-signing him.

If Bourque stay like he was this year, he'll have a bad contract for a few more years still.

That's way MacArthur has a lor more value than Bourque.

QMJHLfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 08:11 PM
  #45
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis
 
Blind Gardien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Four Winds Bar
Country: France
Posts: 19,868
vCash: 500
I doubt either MacArthur or Bourque have much value. But it's never an absolute across the board... to teams that have absolutely no need for them, sure they have negative value. To a few times that have possible openings, they don't. I'd say it more likely averages out to about "zero value" than negative. For the Habs, I was hoping the team would find another player and could move Bourque as "zero value". But they didn't get anybody else. So Bourque ends up with some minimal positive value to the Habs. Sadly. It becomes a wait and see, fingers crossed year.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 08:27 PM
  #46
QMJHLfollower
Heart and soul
 
QMJHLfollower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,457
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
I doubt either MacArthur or Bourque have much value. But it's never an absolute across the board... to teams that have absolutely no need for them, sure they have negative value. To a few times that have possible openings, they don't. I'd say it more likely averages out to about "zero value" than negative. For the Habs, I was hoping the team would find another player and could move Bourque as "zero value". But they didn't get anybody else. So Bourque ends up with some minimal positive value to the Habs. Sadly. It becomes a wait and see, fingers crossed year.
MacArthur value is pretty good.

QMJHLfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 08:45 PM
  #47
Frozenice
the random dude
 
Frozenice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,537
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by QMJHLfollower View Post
MacArthur value is pretty good.
In the Leaf's proposals I've seen but less so in the real world. Players like him rarely get drafted in the first two rounds, which is probably why he wasn't.

Domenic Moore was traded for a 2nd round pick as a rental to the Habs and I prefer Moore to Macarthur.

Frozenice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 09:04 PM
  #48
Drydenwasthebest
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 3,766
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by heathfilms View Post
I'd would do that trade makes sense for both sides both are coming out of injuries so I would do this trade but I would prefer if was straight up tho
Are you out of your f%$#ing mind?!?!?! I may get a reprimand for this, but you need to seriously stop posting some of the dumbest most worthless comments and trades on HFB I have ever seen. Did you notice how quickly someone from the other side agreed to the trade? Don't you think it is because the offer is so asinine that any idiot in his right mind wouldn't make it?

The Habs would not, and will not, make any kind of trade like that. Do you have any clue how valuable and necessary Markov is to our team? He finally looks to be healthy and you want to give him away?

Please, stop posting.

Drydenwasthebest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 09:06 PM
  #49
Elever
Hth
 
Elever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,484
vCash: 500
Plekanec, Eller, Galchenyuk, and Desharnais....one of these guys gonna play wing or get traded?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindthread View Post
I like the idea of Morrow. I've been talking about it for a while with some people from work. I wouldn't want to give up Markov for him though. Markov missing was the reason our PP sucked last year and one of the main reasons why we under-performed.

Would Dallas accept...

Rene Bourque
Raphael Diaz
4th or 5th round pick

vs.

Brenden Morrow
People in the East need to watch Dallas more. They're a fun team but also you'd know then that Morrow and Robidas have seriously declined. At this point, Bourque is more likely to score 30ish goals than Morrow ever will.

Elever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 09:09 PM
  #50
QMJHLfollower
Heart and soul
 
QMJHLfollower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,457
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
In the Leaf's proposals I've seen but less so in the real world. Players like him rarely get drafted in the first two rounds, which is probably why he wasn't.

Domenic Moore was traded for a 2nd round pick as a rental to the Habs and I prefer Moore to Macarthur.
That's your opinion, but at the trade deadline MacArthur can fetch a late first or early second round pick, or a decent prospects. Right now Sharks fans are happy with a deal based around MacArthur and Clowe, so he could fetch us another top six forward.

QMJHLfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:22 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.