HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official NHL Free Agency Thread 6.0 (Legit Sources ONLY)

Closed Thread

Old
07-09-2012, 10:47 PM
Not a Fish

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
There's a reason we want someone like Doan. And Andrei K represents the opposite of that.
Actually, 3 reasons:

1. he's young (under 37)
2. The local media forgave and forgot all his alleged racial comments.
3. He's inexpensive (no more than $6,000,000)

Old
07-09-2012, 11:05 PM
ChoseLa

Actualy coming to finish his career in Montreal would be a good way to clear his reputation, even though nobody believes he said the comments he's accused of, so there is no reputation to clear.

Old
07-09-2012, 11:32 PM
groovejuice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post
Actualy coming to finish his career in Montreal would be a good way to clear his reputation, even though nobody believes he said the comments he's accused of, so there is no reputation to clear.
With all due respect, there are plenty of people in Montreal who are not hockey fans who would be thrilled to demonstrate in public if he was signed - albeit with the urging of agenda prioritizing pundits in sports and politics.

Old
07-09-2012, 11:39 PM
hogtownhabsfan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Pacioretty - Desharnais - Cole
Bourque - Plekanec - Doan
Moen - Eller - Gionta
Prust - White - Armstrong
Me like.

Old
07-09-2012, 11:54 PM
Rise from the Ashes
Price defies corsi

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
Me like.
That would be unimaginably awesome!

Old
07-10-2012, 12:04 AM
Rosso Scuderia

If Doan absolutely want a long term deal like 4 years, I'd give him something like 4y/18M$. If he can accept a 2 yr deal, I'd be willing to give him 6M$ a year. He is exactly what we need on the 2nd line.

He seems like a guy that MB wants in his team, so I hope he will do everything to lure him here. We have money.

Old
07-10-2012, 12:13 AM
Not a Fish

Quote:
Whether he did make racial slurs or not, it doesn't really matter. This is the kind of stuff that helps sell newspapers and increase talk show ratings. Yup, let the circus begin

Old
07-10-2012, 12:18 AM
FF de Mars

vCash: 50
Doan isn't racist. He had an interview and explained it, last year, on RDS, people magazine style. He might be full of **** or he might say the truth, but he sounded believable. The incident was a heath of the moment kind of thing, when you would basically say anything to piss off the other guy. The PCness evolved in the NHL, and Doan learned from this mistake.

Old
07-10-2012, 02:02 AM
TheBuriedHab

Wasn't it pointed out that Nagy actually said it? Or am I wrong here. Doan would be a great addition, I just think he wants to stay in the southern states, like Dallas or LA. Also turns out his agent is saying the same thing about most teams, just driving up the price.

Old
07-10-2012, 03:10 AM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuriedHab View Post
Wasn't it pointed out that Nagy actually said it? Or am I wrong here. Doan would be a great addition, I just think he wants to stay in the southern states, like Dallas or LA. Also turns out his agent is saying the same thing about most teams, just driving up the price.
I wish the Habs would give Doan 3 years and 20 million dollars. Gotta overpay if you're the Habs.

Another thing is though, if he is seeking a 5 year deal...just give it to him. He's a hardcore christy and I imagine with a game that's never really relied on foot speed, he should be able to maintain his play another 5 years. That long of a deal gives a lower cap hit too.

5/25?

I'd love it.

Old
07-10-2012, 05:35 AM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
There's a reason we want someone like Doan. And Andrei K represents the opposite of that.
Bingo!!

We have a winner. Bergevin is trying to build a team where every player plays hard every night. Kostitsyn is a bum who would show up once every five games on average. Let's also drop this nonsense about his "big hits". He does throw the occasional hard hit but 99% of them take place after the player has passed the puck. He rarely ever caused a turnover with his hitting and was actually a very ineffective hitter.

Old
07-10-2012, 06:23 AM
Madevilz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Scuderia View Post
If Doan absolutely want a long term deal like 4 years, I'd give him something like 4y/18M$. If he can accept a 2 yr deal, I'd be willing to give him 6M$ a year. He is exactly what we need on the 2nd line.

He seems like a guy that MB wants in his team, so I hope he will do everything to lure him here. We have money.
6M for a 35yo, 50-55pts, 2nd liner? is this real life?

Old
07-10-2012, 06:30 AM
The Gal Pals
Breaking Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniverStalinGraduate View Post
I wish the Habs would give Doan 3 years and 20 million dollars. Gotta overpay if you're the Habs.

Another thing is though, if he is seeking a 5 year deal...just give it to him. He's a hardcore christy and I imagine with a game that's never really relied on foot speed, he should be able to maintain his play another 5 years. That long of a deal gives a lower cap hit too.

5/25?

I'd love it.
OH EM GEE! C'mon that's ridiculous. In 2 yrs we'd be screwed. Even at his current product level he isn't worth over 4M$.

Old
07-10-2012, 06:38 AM
SeriousHabs

So in this thread we have fans who can't believe our previous administration gave long, rich contrats to aging players. We also have the same fans who want to give 4-5-6 year 5M+ deals to Doan. Double-U Tee Eff.

Old
07-10-2012, 07:29 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madevilz View Post
6M for a 35yo, 50-55pts, 2nd liner? is this real life?
6M is not the problem it's looking at a 4-5 year contract. 2-3 years is fine for a guy like Doan but 4-5 years it a big mistake.

Old
07-10-2012, 07:32 AM
Uber Coca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estimated_Prophet View Post
Bingo!!

We have a winner. Bergevin is trying to build a team where every player plays hard every night. Kostitsyn is a bum who would show up once every five games on average. Let's also drop this nonsense about his "big hits". He does throw the occasional hard hit but 99% of them take place after the player has passed the puck. He rarely ever caused a turnover with his hitting and was actually a very ineffective hitter.
Glad I'm not the only one with this opinion.

Old
07-10-2012, 07:35 AM
MTL-rules

Quote:
Except of course the referee who heard him said it toward him and that he's 100% sure it's him.

I think he made those comments and he was ashamed of them, but that's another story.

Doan would be the perfect fit on this lineup, I just don't know what will be the media and fans response,

Old
07-10-2012, 07:36 AM
Fozz

Reports suggest that Doan wants to stay in the Western conference.

Old
07-10-2012, 07:38 AM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via Yahoo to toshiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Pacioretty - Desharnais - Cole
Bourque - Plekanec - Doan
Moen - Eller - Gionta
Prust - White - Armstrong
Bring on the Bruins!

Old
07-10-2012, 07:39 AM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
Except of course the referee who heard him said it toward him and that he's 100% sure it's him.

I think he made those comments and he was ashamed of them, but that's another story.

Doan would be the perfect fit on this lineup, I just don't know what will be the media and fans response,
How about the team stops caring what the fans and media thinks and starts caring about what is most important towards building a winning hockey team. Bandwagoner fans and bipolar media should not be what directs this team.

I want Doan. Not for more than 2 years though.

Old
07-10-2012, 07:59 AM
L4br3cqu3
Booya !

vCash: 905
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
How about the team stops caring what the fans and media thinks and starts caring about what is most important towards building a winning hockey team. Bandwagoner fans and bipolar media should not be what directs this team.

I want Doan. Not for more than 2 years though.
Well, they're not, fortunately, they think they know their **** though, which is kind of funny, cause they're actually full of it

Old
07-10-2012, 08:01 AM
PATCHESx67

hes signing with the habs

Cousins wanna play together also

Old
07-10-2012, 08:09 AM
SnapVirus

Shane Doan for more than 2 years could be a huge mistake. And some of you are offering him 6M$ for 4 years, wtf? 6M$ for someone that'll make 30pts in 3 years on a third line. Yeah....

On the other hand, Halpern signed today, 700K on a one year contrat. Him or Nokelainen?

Old
07-10-2012, 08:25 AM
WeThreeKings
Sept 19th

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Halpern is much better than Nokelainen.

I'm pretty sure the Habs are done other than an extension for Subban, a trade of one of Diaz, Weber or Kaberle. And the loan of Gomez to Alaska in the ECHL.

Old
07-10-2012, 08:25 AM
Andrighetto Fabolous
Ghetto

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnapVirus View Post
Shane Doan for more than 2 years could be a huge mistake. And some of you are offering him 6M$ for 4 years, wtf? 6M$ for someone that'll make 30pts in 3 years on a third line. Yeah....

On the other hand, Halpern signed today, 700K on a one year contrat. Him or Nokelainen?
Halpern is a guy who'd want to play every game if healthy, Nokelainen is a 12th/13th forward who will be in and out of the lineup.. clearly Halpern is better but they are both in different situations.

Closed Thread