HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official NHL Free Agency Thread 6.0 (Legit Sources ONLY)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-10-2012, 09:38 AM
  #201
waffledave
waffledave, from hf
 
waffledave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,722
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by groovejuice View Post
With all due respect, there are plenty of people in Montreal who are not hockey fans who would be thrilled to demonstrate in public if he was signed - albeit with the urging of agenda prioritizing pundits in sports and politics.
Let them. I'll go throw eggs and tar and feather them. I think we should bring flogging and public humiliation back. When those things were common, stupid people just shut up and did what they were told, instead of acting like people give a **** what their dumb ass has to say.

__________________
Yours in Christ,

waffledave
waffledave is offline  
Old
07-10-2012, 09:44 AM
  #202
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 31,794
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Halpern is much better than Nokelainen.

I'm pretty sure the Habs are done other than an extension for Subban, a trade of one of Diaz, Weber or Kaberle. And the loan of Gomez to Alaska in the ECHL.
Though I hate the idea...I get the feeling that Bergevin won't buy out Gomez but won't rule out having him on the roster next year.

He could have spent 5-6 mil to sign a more high end d-man(Allen maybe Salvador) and 2nd line winger(Jagr or Parenteau) and seemed to decide not to.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
07-10-2012, 09:48 AM
  #203
PhysicX
Registered User
 
PhysicX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,527
vCash: 755
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
I'm pretty sure the Habs are done other than an extension for Subban, a trade of one of Diaz, Weber or Kaberle. And the loan of Gomez to Alaska in the ECHL.
Agree with everything, except for the last part. That's just wishful thinking, as Gomez will most likely start the year in the line-up.

PhysicX is online now  
Old
07-10-2012, 09:57 AM
  #204
nilan30
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 793
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnapVirus View Post
Shane Doan for more than 2 years could be a huge mistake. And some of you are offering him 6M$ for 4 years, wtf? 6M$ for someone that'll make 30pts in 3 years on a third line. Yeah....


On the other hand, Halpern signed today, 700K on a one year contrat. Him or Nokelainen?
I'd take Metropolit at 1.2 mill over either of them

nilan30 is offline  
Old
07-10-2012, 10:00 AM
  #205
Paul Dipietro
Registered User
 
Paul Dipietro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 747
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nilan30 View Post
I'd take Metropolit at 1.2 mill over either of them
Metropolit has a surprising amount of skill. And he's certainly showing it in the Swiss league...

Paul Dipietro is offline  
Old
07-10-2012, 10:00 AM
  #206
shutehinside
Registered User
 
shutehinside's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,239
vCash: 500
On Doan, I think there's a near zero probability that he comes to Montreal. It's nice to dream but it's not realistic at all. Here's a guy who can pick and choose where he wants to go. He's not going to choose Montreal with all the options available no matter what his agent has said. Coincidentally, his agent went on a multi city radio tour and said Doan would love to play for city (insert name here).

We're better off making a two or three year offer to Semin. Will cost less than market price and no need to give up any assets to get Nash and Ryan like production. Wrap on him is he doesn't care but he still puts up big points that we don't have in the line up. I don't see him as a big risk and I'd rather have him than Gomez.

shutehinside is online now  
Old
07-10-2012, 10:04 AM
  #207
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 49,421
vCash: 500
Not free agent, but with what just happened....go get Mason Raymond.

Whitesnake is online now  
Old
07-10-2012, 10:04 AM
  #208
SeriousHabs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Montreal
Posts: 2,666
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
On Doan, I think there's a near zero probability that he comes to Montreal. It's nice to dream but it's not realistic at all. Here's a guy who can pick and choose where he wants to go. He's not going to choose Montreal with all the options available no matter what his agent has said. Coincidentally, his agent went on a multi city radio tour and said Doan would love to play for city (insert name here).

We're better off making a two or three year offer to Semin. Will cost less than market price and no need to give up any assets to get Nash and Ryan like production. Wrap on him is he doesn't care but he still puts up big points that we don't have in the line up. I don't see him as a big risk and I'd rather have him than Gomez.
We aren't getting any top UFAs. How can Montreal compete with Pittsburgh to lure over Semin? Screw Malkin and Crosby, you will get to play with Plekanec! Or...Eller! We might make the playoffs in 3-4 years! Oh, and you will make less money, because taxes!

It won't happen.

SeriousHabs is offline  
Old
07-10-2012, 10:06 AM
  #209
Paul Dipietro
Registered User
 
Paul Dipietro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 747
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
On Doan, I think there's a near zero probability that he comes to Montreal. It's nice to dream but it's not realistic at all. Here's a guy who can pick and choose where he wants to go. He's not going to choose Montreal with all the options available no matter what his agent has said. Coincidentally, his agent went on a multi city radio tour and said Doan would love to play for city (insert name here).

We're better off making a two or three year offer to Semin. Will cost less than market price and no need to give up any assets to get Nash and Ryan like production. Wrap on him is he doesn't care but he still puts up big points that we don't have in the line up. I don't see him as a big risk and I'd rather have him than Gomez.
Agree. I say our forwards have enough collective character to be able to insert Semin in the line up. We really need top-6 skill

Paul Dipietro is offline  
Old
07-10-2012, 10:09 AM
  #210
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred
 
habs03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 4,804
vCash: 500
I have 1 small worry, he probably wants a long term deal 3-4 years, and that is tough since it would be a 35+ contract. And to come East after spending his whole time in the West (family and stuff), I don't think he signs unless it comes with a long term deal.

habs03 is offline  
Old
07-10-2012, 10:14 AM
  #211
shutehinside
Registered User
 
shutehinside's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,239
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Not free agent, but with what just happened....go get Mason Raymond.
Didn't he just sign with someone?

I thought I heard him sign a 1 year deal for less than a $1M.

shutehinside is online now  
Old
07-10-2012, 10:14 AM
  #212
Jigger77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,665
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
I think you misunderstood the meaning of either perennial or 30.

01-02 04 goals
02-03 12
03-04 21
04-05 48
05-06 25
06-07 22
07-08 20
08-09 28
09-10 28
10-11 08
Yeah I guess I inflated that a little.

Jigger77 is offline  
Old
07-10-2012, 10:14 AM
  #213
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 18,071
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnapVirus View Post
Shane Doan for more than 2 years could be a huge mistake. And some of you are offering him 6M$ for 4 years, wtf? 6M$ for someone that'll make 30pts in 3 years on a third line. Yeah....


On the other hand, Halpern signed today, 700K on a one year contrat. Him or Nokelainen?
Halpern would have been a nice 4C rental, too bad.

As far as Doan goes...controversy aside, he's not leaving the west unless he has to. He has nothing to gain from playing for Montreal. If we were going to overpay on say a 3 year contract, Semin would make a lot more sense.

Et le But is offline  
Old
07-10-2012, 10:15 AM
  #214
gillyguzzler
Registered User
 
gillyguzzler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,761
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madevilz View Post
6M for a 35yo, 50-55pts, 2nd liner? is this real life?
He'll be offered BIG money. Heck, half the teams aren't even at the cap floor at the moment. Doan would slide into every lineup and help significantly. He is what teams look for... point producer, good size, tough, great leader. Many teams would be willing to give him a 2 year 10M to 12M contract, in my opinion.

gillyguzzler is offline  
Old
07-10-2012, 10:16 AM
  #215
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 49,421
vCash: 500
On the Doan subject, unless we're overpaying big time, and even that, the Montreal Canadiens' name has been thrown out as a bargaining chip. I don't believe he's interested at all with everything that happened in the past. I'll be extremely surprised if he's coming. But don't believe it one bit.

Whitesnake is online now  
Old
07-10-2012, 10:17 AM
  #216
shutehinside
Registered User
 
shutehinside's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,239
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousHabs View Post
We aren't getting any top UFAs. How can Montreal compete with Pittsburgh to lure over Semin? Screw Malkin and Crosby, you will get to play with Plekanec! Or...Eller! We might make the playoffs in 3-4 years! Oh, and you will make less money, because taxes!

It won't happen.
Semin will go anywhere he gets some term. He's had all 1 or 2 year offers but he wants more term. He's had multiple 1 year offers and he's waiting for something more substantive. We can offer it whereas a lot of other teams aren't or won't. Semin is probably the only realistic signing we can get.

shutehinside is online now  
Old
07-10-2012, 10:17 AM
  #217
clarke19
Registered User
 
clarke19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 782
vCash: 500
Maybe he wants to change things up and play in a devoted hockey market for the rest of his career? One can hope though I don't see him uprooting his family to Quebec of all places.

clarke19 is offline  
Old
07-10-2012, 10:18 AM
  #218
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 49,421
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
Didn't he just sign with someone?

I thought I heard him sign a 1 year deal for less than a $1M.
Which is why I'm saying it. Let just say that Raymond can't be happy with what just happened. If we offer them something valuable, I would tend to believe that the Nucks wouldn't keep an unhappy player.

Whitesnake is online now  
Old
07-10-2012, 10:19 AM
  #219
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 18,071
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarke19 View Post
Maybe he wants to change things up and play in a devoted hockey market for the rest of his career? One can hope though I don't see him uprooting his family to Quebec of all places.
Considering how he says his priority is staying in Phoenix, to the point where he said he wouldn't want to play back in Winnipeg, something tells me "devoted hockey market" is not his number one concern.

Et le But is offline  
Old
07-10-2012, 10:26 AM
  #220
Roulin
Registered User
 
Roulin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,242
vCash: 500
Doan is a heckuva player. I'd be ecstatic if he signed a 1 or 2 year deal with the Habs. Anything longer, IMO would be a bad gamble given his age. As hard as he plays and trains, every player's skills abandon them at some point.

Roulin is offline  
Old
07-10-2012, 10:27 AM
  #221
shutehinside
Registered User
 
shutehinside's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,239
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Which is why I'm saying it. Let just say that Raymond can't be happy with what just happened. If we offer them something valuable, I would tend to believe that the Nucks wouldn't keep an unhappy player.
Ahhh gotcha! I'd trade for him. He's got speed to burn.

shutehinside is online now  
Old
07-10-2012, 10:34 AM
  #222
417
Registered User
 
417's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Haiti
Posts: 19,742
vCash: 500
Consider me among the few who has no interest in Shane Doan...not interested in committing term or big money for Shane Doan. Not on this team

Furthermore, he's not coming to MTL...

417 is offline  
Old
07-10-2012, 10:40 AM
  #223
poetryinmotion
Registered User
 
poetryinmotion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 5,366
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
Consider me among the few who has no interest in Shane Doan...not interested in committing term or big money for Shane Doan. Not on this team

Furthermore, he's not coming to MTL...
Who said anything about term? I'd gladly overpay for 1 or 2 seasons max though we need socring and size.

poetryinmotion is offline  
Old
07-10-2012, 10:43 AM
  #224
vokiel
I hate blind shots
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Montréal
Country: Martinique
Posts: 7,545
vCash: 500
I'd be surprised if Doan signs with any other team than:

Phoenix
Los Angeles
Anaheim
San Jose
Colorado
Dallas

vokiel is offline  
Old
07-10-2012, 10:44 AM
  #225
417
Registered User
 
417's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Haiti
Posts: 19,742
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
Who said anything about term? I'd gladly overpay for 1 or 2 seasons max though we need socring and size.
I said money OR term

I don't really think there's even a slight chance he signs in MTL...

417 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:20 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.