HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Det/bos & det/nyr

Old
07-08-2012, 06:20 PM
sully61
Unregistered User

vCash: 500
Det/bos & det/nyr

To Detroit: Adam Mcquaid

To Boston: Drew Miller & 2013 2nd round pick

Boston allows room for Dougie Hamilton to play and also free up some cap space if they want anymore moves. Detroit does it because they get a stay at home defensemen who has a right handed shot and can help the PK. Obviously I'm probably off a bit on the value, but I'm sure a prospect or another pick could fix that.

To Detroit: Michael Del Zotto (with an extension)

To New York: Johan Franzen

New York does it because they add that forward who is a goal scorer and don't have to give up a ton for Nash. Detroit needs a top pairing guy, now he's not one now, but could potentially turn into one with the Red Wings developing him. I'm sure Detroit has to add again

sully61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 06:22 PM
Wingsfan2965*

I can't wait to see what Boston and NYR fans think of this.

Wingsfan2965* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 06:24 PM
Section32

From a Rangers standpoint, I would love to have Franzen but I think the Rangers have generally moved on from trading potential for veteran players...unless they are nearing a trade deadline and think they are close to a Cup.

That they did nothing last year is telling that this will only happen if they are clear favorites, which will probably be never...

Section32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 06:24 PM
Jimbo7200

I'd do both deals. I doubt either of the other teams would.

These trades leave us with a surplus of defenseman too.

Jimbo7200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 06:27 PM
Wingsfan2965*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo7200 View Post

I'd rather have a surplus than be in the situation we're in right now.

Old
07-08-2012, 06:29 PM
sully61
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo7200 View Post

No it doesn't. We have 4 signed including Kindl. We can trade Quincey. I know the deals value are off a bit. Also last year it seemed like every NYR fan was ripping on Del Zotto because of his mistakes.

Old
07-08-2012, 06:30 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

There is some feeling McQuaid would be available if Hamilton makes the team. It will probably need to be a better offer than that and send a left-handed d-man back though. We do have an over abundance of left handed guys and they have too many right handed guys. Seems a fit but it would have to be closer to the season. Maybe with all the cap space we clearly aren't going to use we can take Thomas off Boston's cap or something to help sweeten the deal.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 06:40 PM
Wingsfan2965*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sully61 View Post
No it doesn't. We have 4 signed including Kindl. We can trade Quincey. I know the deals value are off a bit. Also last year it seemed like every NYR fan was ripping on Del Zotto because of his mistakes.
Kronwall, White, Ericsson, Kindl, and Smith are all under contract. Nobody will pay compensation for Quincey.

Old
07-08-2012, 06:41 PM
TooMuchMan

Quote:

Boston allows room for Dougie Hamilton to play and also free up some cap space if they want anymore moves. Detroit does it because they get a stay at home defensemen who has a right handed shot and can help the PK. Obviously I'm probably off a bit on the value, but I'm sure a prospect or another pick could fix that.
Boston doesn't need to 'allow room' for Dougie. They have five NHL-level defensemen signed (Chara, Boychuk, Seidenberg, Ference and McQuaid), so there's already a spot for Hamilton to step into. If anything, the Bruins need to add a NHL-level defenseman. If the Bruins need to dump cap, it'll be through moving Thomas' contract - or that of someone who makes more than McQuaid's minimal $1.56 hit.

Simultaneously, the compensation is deficient. The Bruins already possess bottom-sixers with better two-way games than Miller and the second-round pick does nothing for a team that will contend for a Cup in '12-'13.

Don't see this deal working if the value was correct, and it certainly isn't there from a Boston perspective now.

TooMuchMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 06:42 PM
pld459666

Quote:
Just the Playoffs.

He was a stud in the reg. season.

I would move McIlrath and a 1st for Franzen.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 06:52 PM
JoeIsAStud
HFBoards Sponsor

As a Boston fan, I think the value is there in that trade, but I don't agree with the premise that the bruins need to trade McQuaid or are looking to trade McQuid.

right now the bruins have 5 NHL defensemen
Chara
Seidenberg
Ferrence
Boychuck
McQuaid

and after those 5 they have Hamilton and Torey Krug competing for the 6th, and maybe 7th spot; although they will likely bring in another defenseman 6/7 to compete with the 2 rookies.

So unless the Bruins make a different move to bring in a top 5 defenseman from somewhere else, and I guess there is a chance they make a move for more of a PMD type, then I don't believe the bruins will be in the market to deal a defenseman

JoeIsAStud is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 07:09 PM
8BostonRocker24

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
There is some feeling McQuaid would be available if Hamilton makes the team. It will probably need to be a better offer than that and send a left-handed d-man back though. We do have an over abundance of left handed guys and they have too many right handed guys. Seems a fit but it would have to be closer to the season. Maybe with all the cap space we clearly aren't going to use we can take Thomas off Boston's cap or something to help sweeten the deal.
What are you talking about? Name me the 6 defensemen you expect to suit up for Boston next year? They lost two playoff defensemen already this offseason. If Adam McQuaid is moved Boston will have 4 NHL defensemen; Dennis Seidenberg , Johnny Boychuk, Zdeno Chara, Andrew Ference. Even if Dougie Hamilton makes the roster Boston needs 1 more NHL defenseman.

I have no idea where you get the idea that McQuaid is available if Hamilton makes the roster.

8BostonRocker24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 07:20 PM
PJ StockBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
what?

we have five NHL defensemen, if Hamilton makes it that is six. McQuaid is locked up at a reasonable price and plays his role well. have no idea what you read/why you feel McQuaid could be available.

PJ StockBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 07:20 PM
BergyWho37

Value mite be close but absolutely NO need for Miller on the bruins ... I wouldn't say Quaider is not available but he does add depth to our blueline so I doubt we dump him, especially when everyone wants an extra D-men for the playoffs .. plus Quaider is a nice cap hit so he's not hurting us

BergyWho37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 08:22 PM
BostonBob
4 Ever The Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ StockBB View Post

we have five NHL defensemen, if Hamilton makes it that is six. McQuaid is locked up at a reasonable price and plays his role well. have no idea what you read/why you feel McQuaid could be available.
Exactly - letting Corvo go opened up a spot for Hamilton. Besides - we need to keep McQuaid just in case Hamilton isn't quite ready for the NHL since we don't have anybody in the AHL ready yet for a fulltime spot.

BostonBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 08:24 PM
Dr Quincy

Quote:

To Detroit: Michael Del Zotto (with an extension)

To New York: Johan Franzen

New York does it because they add that forward who is a goal scorer and don't have to give up a ton for Nash. Detroit needs a top pairing guy, now he's not one now, but could potentially turn into one with the Red Wings developing him. I'm sure Detroit has to add again
Chara-Boychuk
Ference-Seidenberg
McQuaid-xxx

B's already have room for Hamilton. Trading McQuaid makes room for..... oops nobody because the B's don't have another NHL ready dman.

Miller doesn't fill a need. McQuaid, even though I think most Bs fans overrate him, does.

Dr Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 08:25 PM
GAGLine

The only way the Rangers trade a dman is if another dman is coming back. We don't have enough NHL depth to trade a dman for a forward.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 08:27 PM
Dr Quincy

Before everyone jumps down this guy's throat, there was one Boston poster, can't remember who, who brought up the fact that with Chara, Seidenberg, Ference, McQuaid, Boychuk and Hamilton you have 4 RHD and 2 LHD. The feeling was it might be necessary to trade one of the RHD (and you aren't going to deal Chara or Hamilton) for a LHD.

Thus, McQuaid COULD be sent out IF he is traded for a LHD OR if the B's have another deal where they could add one.

Dr Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 08:27 PM
JayQueensNY88*

No ******* way!!! Age is the problem n NYR has Center depth

Last edited by New York RKY: 07-08-2012 at 09:22 PM.
JayQueensNY88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 08:30 PM
Richter35

How was Franzen last year? can he play LW? Rangers could use a big body forward that scores, I don't think this is as horrible some people are making it sound.

Richter35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 08:35 PM
Mr Atoz*
I hid the Atavachron

Franzen is almost 33. Forget it.

Mr Atoz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 08:47 PM
BergyWho37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Quincy View Post
Before everyone jumps down this guy's throat, there was one Boston poster, can't remember who, who brought up the fact that with Chara, Seidenberg, Ference, McQuaid, Boychuk and Hamilton you have 4 RHD and 2 LHD. The feeling was it might be necessary to trade one of the RHD (and you aren't going to deal Chara or Hamilton) for a LHD.

Thus, McQuaid COULD be sent out IF he is traded for a LHD OR if the B's have another deal where they could add one.
Hit the nail on the head dude !

BergyWho37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 08:59 PM
Petes2424

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richter35 View Post
How was Franzen last year? can he play LW? Rangers could use a big body forward that scores, I don't think this is as horrible some people are making it sound.
The Rangers are a great fit for a guy like Franzen. His contract kind of scares me but the actual op wasn't far fetched at all. People have always undervalued Franzen on boards like this but the guys about as consistent as they get and has had some big playoff years.

Petes2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 09:34 PM
Dellstrom
We Like Eich

Quote:

Chara-Boychuk
Seidenberg-Ference
X(McQuaid)-Hamilton
Krug/Cross
Sorry, we do need need Krug and/or Cross on the same line with another rookie, and Dougie does not need room unless a FA is signed. Doesn't make us a better team. Not saying it's a bad trade, but I definitely would respond with a polite no.

Dellstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 09:45 PM
sully61
Unregistered User

For Boston how about a sign and trade with Quincey? He's a left handed defensemen. For New York I guess most of their fans changed their mind on Del Zotto and he's good again?