HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

RW Kirill Petrov (2008, 73rd overall, NYI)

Old
10-21-2007, 11:19 PM
RussianProspects

vCash: 500
RW Kirill Petrov (2008, 73rd overall, NYI)

We posted Kirill Petrov's shift by shift scouting report from Kazan's game against HC Lokomotiv in the Russian Super League. Petrov is one of the top Russians eligible for the 2008 NHL Entry Draft.

http://www.russianprospects.com/publ...article_id=550

RussianProspects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2008, 08:27 AM
Avy*

Petrov

So much hate before the draft... nothing special, overrated, all the hype, early bloomer... Well after watching him in RSL and now against peers i can say that after Filatov he is the best Russian player. I can't see NHL clubs ignoring him in first round.

Avy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2008, 09:33 AM
malkinfan

Send a message via MSN to malkinfan
I have also seen him in AK-Bars and U-18. I think he is good, but Gratchev definately showed more for me, and not just because player of the game once. He is big, fast, he hit hard (actually physically dominating some of the canadian players), made tremendous chances for himself + the highlight reel game winning goal.
I also think Kugryshev is better. Not taking anything away from Petrov though. I agree that he is big and skilled.

malkinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2008, 09:49 AM
Louis Houde

Send a message via MSN to Louis Houde
I've seen 3 games of Kirill Petrov and he's a great playmaker.
Give him the space and he's deadly.
Good skater, sometimes drives to the net
I think he's a superior version of Artem Anisimov

Louis Houde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2008, 09:52 AM
Avy*

Quote:
Gratchev definately showed more for me
On last game but RSL + RSL playoffs + whole tourney i take Petrov. He is actually pretty good passer and very creative. People talk about his size but he is very skilled player, and very fast and can add another 10ibs easily without losing speed. 230ibs 6,3 fast and skilled RW who plays intensive NA brand of hockey?

Old
04-17-2008, 09:57 AM
Avy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldat Popinski View Post
I've seen 3 games of Kirill Petrov and he's a great playmaker.
Give him the space and he's deadly.
Good skater, sometimes drives to the net
I think he's a superior version of Artem Anisimov
Anisimov skinny defensive center, he never played aggressive intensive game like Petrov.

Old
04-17-2008, 11:48 AM
malkinfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avy View Post
On last game but RSL + RSL playoffs + whole tourney i take Petrov. He is actually pretty good passer and very creative. People talk about his size but he is very skilled player, and very fast and can add another 10ibs easily without losing speed. 230ibs 6,3 fast and skilled RW who plays intensive NA brand of hockey?
I have watched Petrov in th playoffs, and I thought he was good. He actually surprised with his confidence to carry the puck. But I just think Gratchev has more game breaking potential. Both are good players, its just my preferance. It looks like Gratchev is more cut to the danger areas/agressivewith the puck/high risk, where as Petrov likes to go to the outside on defenders and try to barrel his way to the net.

Old
04-17-2008, 11:57 AM
KingsFan323

What about Viktor Tikhonov, heard he's a pretty good player and late bloomer and will be in the 08 draft. He might go early because he probably speaks the best English of the Russian players in the draft and he's somewhat raised in California. Where would you guys rank him among Russian players this year and what are his strengths and weaknesses?

KingsFan323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2008, 12:14 PM
malkinfan

I really like Tikhonov, but I think:Filatov,Gratchev,Kugryshev,Petrov,Voinov,Tik honov,Chudinov,Seleznev,Lazarev,
Loktionov,Mamin,Sayustov,Ostapchuk, will be the only players drafted near that order. Kugryshev and loktionov might slip, but I like them alot personally. Wouldn't be surprised if Karamnov got taken in the latter rounds. Of course though, draft day is always full of surprises. Who would have thought Kablukov was being scouted last year. Maybe he only caught the eye of Canucks scouts because they were at the games watching Shirokov? Never know what will happen.

Old
04-19-2008, 01:52 PM
Fat Elvis

Kirill Petrov

Can anyone give any info on this kid? He seems to be moving up the lists and I haven't seen too much written about him. Has good size 6'3, plays LW.

Fat Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2008, 01:55 PM
Vincent_TheGreat

Send a message via ICQ to Vincent_TheGreat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Elvis View Post
Can anyone give any info on this kid? He seems to be moving up the lists and I haven't seen too much written about him. Has good size 6'3, plays LW.
He's Russian. Thats a good and bad thing. Like his size, but I've heard next to nothing about him

Vincent_TheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2008, 01:56 PM
Avy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Elvis View Post
He plays RW.

Old
04-19-2008, 02:06 PM
Adam91

Isn't he supposed to have amazing puck skills?

Adam91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2008, 02:13 PM
Avy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam91 View Post
Isn't he supposed to have amazing puck skills?
no. He is 6,3 and already 220ibs power forward with good skating. He is very good passer, creative player.

Old
04-19-2008, 02:17 PM
CertifiedPublicGuin

Had an inconsistent year based on all accounts. He was supposed to be a big time prospect probably a little over a year ago, but apparently hadn't a great season this year, but he's showing off his skill a bit with Team Russia in this tournament... they're having a pretty good tournament, so hopefully the stats aren't just a product of the good team overall. Anyone that can shed any light on why he's suddenly rising, besides this tournament, please chyme in. And yes, he definitely has good puck skills.

CertifiedPublicGuin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2008, 02:35 PM
Avy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by WashJeffHockey19 View Post
Had an inconsistent year based on all accounts. He was supposed to be a big time prospect probably a little over a year ago, but apparently hadn't a great season this year, but he's showing off his skill a bit with Team Russia in this tournament... they're having a pretty good tournament, so hopefully the stats aren't just a product of the good team overall. Anyone that can shed any light on why he's suddenly rising, besides this tournament, please chyme in. And yes, he definitely has good puck skills.
He was very good in RSL this season. But ofcourse nobody care.

Old
04-19-2008, 02:50 PM
timlap

Quote:
We care.

I was noticing about a month ago that Petrov's stats looked pretty good compared to any other Russian prospects this year. Interesting to see that Redline has him in the top 10.

Who do you like better, Petrov or Gratchev?

timlap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2008, 03:00 PM
Avy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by timlap View Post
We care.

I was noticing about a month ago that Petrov's stats looked pretty good compared to any other Russian prospects this year. Interesting to see that Redline has him in the top 10.

Who do you like better, Petrov or Gratchev?
I seen only 3 games with Gratchev.

Old
04-19-2008, 04:23 PM
CertifiedPublicGuin

Quote:
It upsets me to see these agencies act like bandwagoners... I'm under the impression they don't get across the pond as often as people think, because we see the same faces all year long on the top 15's, then a highly-public tourney comes around that apparently carries a lot of weight, and suddenly Petrov's a top 10 again on these guys' lists.

For the record, I'm not attacking Petrov here, I'm defending him... in case it seemed obscure.

CertifiedPublicGuin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2008, 09:43 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
The best

vCash: 567
Kirill Petrov

Why such a huuuuuuuuuuuge difference in opinion between the scouting services on this guy (beyond the no Transfer Agreement reason)?

RLR now has him 8th, ISS 16th, while others don't even have him in the top 60! Surely it can't just be the ''no TA'' reason. Is he wildly inconsistent or something?

Marc the Habs Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2008, 09:51 PM
Goaliemon89
CBJ's Future CFO

Send a message via ICQ to Goaliemon89 Send a message via AIM to Goaliemon89 Send a message via MSN to Goaliemon89 Send a message via Yahoo to Goaliemon89
THN has him ranked 100th

Goaliemon89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2008, 09:58 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

I think it's all in how you look at him as a prospect, and what an individual scout's tastes are.

Some scouts see a kid who's very developed physically, and therefore should be performing as well as he has - especially in the U-18's against smaller opponents. They see a player whose potential to improve is somewhat limited relative to his peers, one who puts up great numbers by using his pure size and strength to drive through his opponents - qualities that may not necessarily translate to the AHL or NHL.

Others see his NHL-ready frame and stick skills as qualities that make him a very "developable" prospect - one with a great foundation upon which to build something bigger. They think that with the right coaching (and with the right linemates) Petrov's skills and qualities will translate well to the next level.

05-21-2008, 10:00 PM
flyguy1234*

I saw him as the 2nd best Russian prospect next to Filatov, but then I saw THN listed him as the 100th best prospect overall.

I was like, ***?

flyguy1234* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2008, 10:40 PM
Red Machine

I think some scouting services base their rankings on the players skills as a whole. And some will take in account the transfer agreement, his desire to come to NA, and their overall PROJECTION of where he will be drafted. Surely, Redline Report does not beleive he will be drafted 8th overall, but they do rate him 8th based on his overall skill package.

Red Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2008, 10:47 PM
HFNHL Canadiens

He was definitely the 2nd most impressive Russian at the U18s, if he wasn't Russian, I think he would be a very strong candidate for the 1st rnd. But with him already being a full time player in the RSL, and already making solid money, the chances of him coming over to North America are that much more slim, also factor in that teams only have 2 years to sign Euros, it is very probable that he will fall alot further then where his talent level should be picked.

HFNHL Canadiens is offline   Reply With Quote