HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

A. Kostitsyn

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-27-2012, 01:39 AM
  #151
Greenstickytoes*
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 196
vCash: 500
Prob Habs will offer him a little one year deal contract. Maybe he will finally stop messin around and play serious to make himself valuable ...

Greenstickytoes* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 01:44 AM
  #152
WJG
Running and Rioting
 
WJG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Country: Ireland
Posts: 13,258
vCash: 500
Kostitsyn is making a smart move by waiting for Semin and Doan to sign first. Semin already signed for 7 million and there are rumors that teams have offered Doan 7 million as well.

Once those teams lose out, someone will overpay for Kostitsyn. I could see him getting 5 million a year.

WJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 01:47 AM
  #153
LyricalLyricist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,900
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WJG View Post
Kostitsyn is making a smart move by waiting for Semin and Doan to sign first. Semin already signed for 7 million and there are rumors that teams have offered Doan 7 million as well.

Once those teams lose out, someone will overpay for Kostitsyn. I could see him getting 5 million a year.
Supposedly his family is loaded anyway, so I don't think he's trying to make a team go broke for him.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 09:49 AM
  #154
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!
 
Mathradio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 9,589
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall Ritchey View Post
A. Kostitsyn can play center, could be an interesting fit as the Blues third line center.
The only place where he could realistically play C that may want to sign Kostitsyn is Phoenix... although AK is by no means a natural center.

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 10:55 AM
  #155
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred
 
habs03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 4,838
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathradio View Post
The only place where he could realistically play C that may want to sign Kostitsyn is Phoenix... although AK is by no means a natural center.
LMAO AK playing centre, the guy hasn't played centre once in his whole professional career. And one of the biggest knocks on AK is that he doesn't have high hockey IQ, and you want to try him at centre.

AK can play both LW, and RW though, ideally you want AK playing on the 3rd line, and have him step into a top 6 role when/if injuries occur.

habs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 10:57 AM
  #156
Le Magnifique 66
Let's Go Pens
 
Le Magnifique 66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,799
vCash: 500
I'd definitely sign him to play on our top 6. Could see him doing very well with either Sid or Geno

Le Magnifique 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 11:28 AM
  #157
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!
 
Mathradio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 9,589
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habs03 View Post
LMAO AK playing centre, the guy hasn't played centre once in his whole professional career. And one of the biggest knocks on AK is that he doesn't have high hockey IQ, and you want to try him at centre.

AK can play both LW, and RW though, ideally you want AK playing on the 3rd line, and have him step into a top 6 role when/if injuries occur.
He seemed to have played better on the right side lately...

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 11:34 AM
  #158
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred
 
habs03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 4,838
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathradio View Post
He seemed to have played better on the right side lately...
Yup, he was drafted a RW, but being a left hand shot, you can easily play LW, so he switched to LW when Carbo put him with Plek and kovalev (only wants to play RW).

When JM took over as coach, he put AK back on RW.

habs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 11:52 AM
  #159
Fleury14
Kipper
 
Fleury14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 4,620
vCash: 500
I'd guess the teams interested in him are waiting to see what the cap floor will be in the next CBA to see how much/little to offer him on a 1-year deal.

Fleury14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 12:34 PM
  #160
Spongolium*
Potato Magician
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bridgend,UK
Country: Wales
Posts: 8,653
vCash: 500
I'd still take him on the flyers for one year. Would be a nice player to round out our top 9.

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 01:20 PM
  #161
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!
 
Mathradio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 9,589
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
I'd still take him on the flyers for one year. Would be a nice player to round out our top 9.
Question is: would Holmgren even want Kostitsyn?

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2012, 11:46 AM
  #162
Habsrback
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 446
vCash: 500
Kostitsyn would shine with offensive teams such as Pittsburgh, Philadelphia...and now Carolina, who are constantly under the radar as far as rumours go. Muller knows him well and could get the best out of him. Julien in Boston would also handle him well, but I doubt that the Bruins would overpay.

My guess is that with all the momentum now going in his favor since yesterday's news are leaning towards Doan leaving Phoenix( and at min $6 mil) Andrei will end up fetching 2 years/10 mil total.


Last edited by Habsrback: 07-29-2012 at 11:53 AM. Reason: Forgot sentence
Habsrback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2012, 11:55 AM
  #163
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!
 
Mathradio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 9,589
vCash: 500
If AK became a Flyer or a Bruin, I will hate AK until he leaves, or gets dealt from, either team.

That said, even if Babcock liked him somewhat, I'm not sure whether Holland liked him enough to make an offer. However, he would get a chance to play with a better center than Legwand, Plekanec, Fisher or Eller.

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2012, 12:01 PM
  #164
KIRK
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 34,300
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsrback View Post
Kostitsyn would shine with offensive teams such as Pittsburgh, Philadelphia...and now Carolina, who are constantly under the radar as far as rumours go. Muller knows him well and could get the best out of him. Julien in Boston would also handle him well, but I doubt that the Bruins would overpay.

My guess is that with all the momentum now going in his favor since yesterday's news are leaning towards Doan leaving Phoenix( and at min $6 mil) Andrei will end up fetching 2 years/10 mil total.
I don't see him fetching 2 yrs, 10M. MAYBE, if someone really stretches, he gets 1 yr, 4M. Just can't see anything more . . .

KIRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2012, 12:21 PM
  #165
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!
 
Le Tricolore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 28,822
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall Ritchey View Post
A. Kostitsyn can play center, could be an interesting fit as the Blues third line center.
Kostitsyn hasn't played a single shift at centre in his NHL career.

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2012, 12:52 PM
  #166
sheed36
Registered User
 
sheed36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,915
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Magnifique 66 View Post
I'd definitely sign him to play on our top 6. Could see him doing very well with either Sid or Geno
I agree.. I said before here that I thought he'd be a good fit for the Pens. He'd probably hit 30-35 goals if he played regularly with either Geno or Sid.. Also the guy hits like a truck..

TBH I wouldn't even mind him back with the Habs..

sheed36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2012, 12:52 PM
  #167
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!
 
Mathradio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 9,589
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
Kostitsyn hasn't played a single shift at centre in his NHL career.
When did he last play center? Hamilton? WJC? WC? Olympics?

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2012, 01:36 PM
  #168
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!
 
Le Tricolore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 28,822
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathradio View Post
When did he last play center? Hamilton? WJC? WC? Olympics?
As far as I know, he never has.

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2012, 02:34 PM
  #169
Dafe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 45
vCash: 500
My guess is he's holding out until Doan gets signed; he's the best FA after Doan by a large margin. He would do very well on an offensive team (good addition for any team), Ak is a very underrated player. He'll likely fetch somewhere in the 4 mil area, which ever team ends up with him will be quite happy, would take him back in Montreal.

Dafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2012, 03:44 PM
  #170
Habsawce
Registered User
 
Habsawce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 16,644
vCash: 230
I was one of the very few that was sad to see him go last trade deadline. I felt that him and Eller built some solid chemistry and were actually pretty dominant in a 3rd line role with Travis Moen who was on pace for a career year before he was injured.

That being said, I think he fits best in a 3rd line PF role with #1 PP time. Not sure who could give him that but I think he might be a good fit in Philly. (He also lead Montreal in hits a few seasons)

Habsawce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 09:36 PM
  #171
CapsFan99
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 21
vCash: 500
I think he's perfect for Washington, they have the salary and need a winger to replace Semin

CapsFan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 10:34 PM
  #172
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!
 
Mathradio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 9,589
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsFan99 View Post
I think he's perfect for Washington, they have the salary and need a winger to replace Semin
How much would make Kostitsyn a Cap?

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 11:08 PM
  #173
CapsFan99
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 21
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathradio View Post
How much would make Kostitsyn a Cap?
I'd paid him 3-3.5

CapsFan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 11:12 PM
  #174
Rivet52
Sabres & Blackhawks
 
Rivet52's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Buffalo, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 5,832
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Rivet52
I've said it before and I'll say it again; I'd take him in Buffalo. Can play anywhere in the top 9 and is pretty much a lock for 20+ goals. He'll hit too. Would be great for our 3rd line RW spot and would give us some good wing depth.

But other Sabres fans want to stick clear of him based on his and Radulov's off-ice antics last year in Nashville and a possible, yet unwarranted IMO, floating label. I still think he ends up in Washington.

Rivet52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 11:55 AM
  #175
Qui Gon Dave
Registered User
 
Qui Gon Dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Cheshire, England
Country: England
Posts: 8,504
vCash: 500
Does anyone know who his agent currently is? When he got traded there were suggestions that he fired his agent but I don't know if there was any truth to that. Has he got a new agent or is he still with Don Meehan?

Qui Gon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:18 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.