HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Rick Nash continued - Portzline: NYR PHI PIT DET SJS and BOS

Closed Thread

Old
07-11-2012, 03:34 PM
Lundsanity30

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywood99 View Post
Forgive me if this has been said prior. I'm not reading 39 pages. I'm wondering if any Rangers fan's can explain to me why I keep hearing Stepan is off the table?

He's a good player yes, but wouldn't you rather have Nash in the top 6 rather than Stepan?

to CBJ
Stepan, Del Zotto, JT Miller or a 1st

to NYR
Nash

Done and done. Remember who always wins trades. The team that gets the best player. Unless Richards is coming back - never - the Ranger WILL win any trade.
Stepan del zotto and miller and we win the trade? For the 7.8m dollar 30 goal guy? Not sure if serious

Old
07-11-2012, 03:35 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA0402 View Post
Any GM would try to get the most bang for their buck, not just Scott Howson. If you were a GM and were given the choice of a fair deal, or hold on for a better deal? What would you do?

These offers seem pretty close at least.

Boston : Krejci, Caron, 1st
New York Rangers : Stepan, Dubinsky, 1st
I would do Stepan, Dubinsky, and a 1st. But I'm also a believer that Miller will be ready for the NHL by the time the lockout ends, and will slot in at 3rd line center, with Arty at 2nd. Which they eventually switch.

Old
07-11-2012, 03:35 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Prospal was way past his prime with the Rangers.

You include Prospal, I'll include Huselius who has .01 less PPG than Prospal.
Lol, Propsal got 55 points last season...that's about par for his career. Yet he was "way past his prime" 3 seasons ago?

Flawless logic there...

Huselius is a solid complimentary piece, health has been a huge issue for him the last couple of years. What the hell is your point? He doesn't play center, nor is he a puck moving d-man.

Old
07-11-2012, 03:36 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3074326 View Post
Going from the last place team in the league that had pretty bad defense half the year, awful goaltending the whole time, and no other legitimate goal threats, I could see him netting more goals on a defensively-oriented team with more talent. I don't think it's as ridiculous as you make it sound.

I would be surprised if his numbers got worse.
His assists will skyrocket. He was passing to pylons. No wonder he had so many shots. He had to shoot!

Old
07-11-2012, 03:36 PM
Cash for Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizban View Post
Yep and if Howson really wants an unhappy guy in his locker room, he's more than welcome to it. Not a smart move though.

Who said being on a cup contender was his biggest priority?
Well unless you are a total "shortbusser" its pretty obvious what all those teams on his list have in common. They are all really, really good.

Except maybe for SJ, but Nash has yearned to relive those hottsy-totsy nights in Davos with Jumbo Joe.

Old
07-11-2012, 03:37 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Erixon's Lunchbox View Post
I would do Stepan, Dubinsky, and a 1st. But I'm also a believer that Miller will be ready for the NHL by the time the lockout ends, and will slot in at 3rd line center, with Arty at 2nd. Which they eventually switch.
That's fair, regardless or not if I'd do it. That's a fair value.

Old
07-11-2012, 03:37 PM
kingpest19

Quote:
Yep and if Howson really wants an unhappy guy in his locker room, he's more than welcome to it. Not a smart move though.

If the list that's being reported is true, his biggest priority is going to a contender. Look at the teams on it. 4 teams that have recently been to the Cup finals, have won the Cup and 2 others that have been to their respective CF.

Old
07-11-2012, 03:38 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
That's fair, regardless or not if I'd do it. That's a fair value.
Columbus wouldn't make that deal.

Add in a prospect from the Rangers' side.

Old
07-11-2012, 03:38 PM
TSA0402

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Krejci, Caron, 1st.

You can build your team around Krejci, Stepan is more of a secondary piece. I say Dubinsky/Caron 1sts cancel out.
Wouldn't be comfortable building team around Krejci, but I do think he would be an great 2C at the very least. Best asset being mentioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyjinx94 View Post
Stepan is not going anywhere so forget about that.
Great. No Stepan or Kreider = no Nash. Glad we could put that one to rest.

Quote:

I don't know if serious. I figured the fact he only wants to go to six cup contenders was a pretty good indicator that was his biggest priority.

Old
07-11-2012, 03:39 PM
hollywood99
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Block More Shots View Post
I don't think you understand just how much of an overpayment that is from a Ranger perspective. Believe me, I know you have to give to get, but that potential offer should've stopped at Stepan and MDZ. Getting both of those players for Nash would make the deal worth it for you guys. JT Miller is not just your average or throwaway prospect.

The reality is that there have been reports saying that MDZ and Stepan are not going anywhere, so chances are both wouldn't be included in a deal. Possibly Miller, but he'd be packaged with Dubi and/or Anisimov in some type of deal.
I'm not a Jackets fan so I'm not heavily invested. But I still don't understand the value of Stepan? Is he a legit #1 in the league? I'd say no. He's a legit #2. MDZ is the 4th best Rangers d-man. And I never said Miller was a through away. He's a good prospect.

But like you acknowledged. You have to give to get. And I've heard that McDonagh and Krieder are no goes. Which is fine. But so are Rich, Gabo, Staal, Girardi and obviously Hank. There comes a point where you have to give something up. You can't say I want an elite talent but you can only touch the bottom half of my roster.

Old
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Stepan del zotto and miller and we win the trade? For the 7.8m dollar 30 goal guy? Not sure if serious
Yeah way overpayment. I give up only 1 of those guys. Not all three. If I had a choice it'd come down to Stepan/Miller, Del Zotto is seeeeeeriously underrated on these boards. 12th in Norris voting at 21, and 40+ points, plus he produced in the playoffs. I give him a pass for the ECF as his grandmother died, and that probably screwed with his head.

Old
richardson30
Rookie User

Quote:
Forgive me if this has been said prior. I'm not reading 39 pages. I'm wondering if any Rangers fan's can explain to me why I keep hearing Stepan is off the table?

He's a good player yes, but wouldn't you rather have Nash in the top 6 rather than Stepan?

to CBJ
Stepan, Del Zotto, JT Miller or a 1st

to NYR
Nash

Done and done. Remember who always wins trades. The team that gets the best player. Unless Richards is coming back - never - the Ranger WILL win any trade.
hes the only 2nd line center they have.

i would look for a dubi, anisomov, del zotto, miller, thomas, and a 1st trade. way too many players to give up for one guy, but its nothing that will kill the rangers other than delzotto and it gives the blue jackets a few good players with potential. NYR have to give something to get something, but they dont need to get nash, they want to.

Old
07-11-2012, 03:40 PM
Ogelthorpe
Who do you play for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA0402 View Post
You're right, however with that hardball stance you can bet Howson has every right to keep him in Columbus.

He should have been better prepared himself if being on a cup contender was his biggest priority.
Pretty much this^. The down side of signing a long term deal is that you are "stuck" there if you are unhappy, for the remainder of the term, if a deal can't be made. It is also up to Howson to decide what is "fair" in return, not Nash. As for Nash limiting the list of teams he is willing to go to, he is simply making it harder for Howson to grant him his wish.

Old
07-11-2012, 03:40 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
I'm not a Jackets fan so I'm not heavily invested. But I still don't understand the value of Stepan? Is he a legit #1 in the league? I'd say no. He's a legit #2. MDZ is the 4th best Rangers d-man. And I never said Miller was a through away. He's a good prospect.

But like you acknowledged. You have to give to get. And I've heard that McDonagh and Krieder are no goes. Which is fine. But so are Rich, Gabo, Staal, Girardi and obviously Hank. There comes a point where you have to give something up. You can't say I want an elite talent but you can only touch the bottom half of my roster.
Stepan is a 2nd year 50+ point center. Del Zotto is the best offensive forward, and Miller is the top forward prospect now that Kreider is on the team, and the only center prospect worth in the organization right now. Again, only one of those guys + Dubinsky/1st is as far as I'd go.

Old
07-11-2012, 03:42 PM
TSA0402

Quote:
His assists will skyrocket. He was passing to pylons. No wonder he had so many shots. He had to shoot!
I'm quite shocked nobody else realizes this.

Old
07-11-2012, 03:43 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniverStalinGraduate View Post

The last two threads both sides begrudgingly accepted a Dubinsky, Stepan, Yogan, 1st for Nash trade. Maybe even add MSC or Fogarty, or just switch Yogan with Thomas.

Old
07-11-2012, 03:44 PM
richardson30
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogelthorpe View Post
Pretty much this^. The down side of signing a long term deal is that you are "stuck" there if you are unhappy, for the remainder of the term, if a deal can't be made. It is also up to Howson to decide what is "fair" in return, not Nash. As for Nash limiting the list of teams he is willing to go to, he is simply making it harder for Howson to grant him his wish.
why does everyone keep saying its nash fault for signing the contract?? if he signed a contract and was told by management that they would bring in players to help him, wouldnt it also be CBJ's failure to live up to their word?? this is why i think 7 year max contracts are needed. better for both parties.

Old
07-11-2012, 03:45 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniverStalinGraduate View Post

sure, not named Miller, Thomas, Mcilrath or Erixon.

Old
07-11-2012, 03:46 PM
fizban

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpest19 View Post
If the list that's being reported is true, his biggest priority is going to a contender. Look at the teams on it. 4 teams that have recently been to the Cup finals, have won the Cup and 2 others that have been to their respective CF.
As evidenced by his signing the contract extension in the first place, his biggest priority was staying in Columbus. He thought they were assembling something good there, but then things fell apart and they look like they're going to have to rebuild once again.

I'm sure he wants to win, but I have no doubt that he'd have preferred to do it with Columbus. He was probably told amongst other things that his re-signing with Columbus would send the message that Columbus was serious about winning now and that they'd be able to sign a few decent people. Never happened.

The guy tried like hell to make it work in Columbus after seeing so many others come, give up, and then go on to competitive teams.

Yeah he wants to win and I don't blame him, but too many people are all over the guy as though he's being unreasonable. He could have walked as a UFA and Columbus would have gotten nothing. At least this way he's allowing them to try and get something in return.

Old
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardson30 View Post
hes the only 2nd line center they have.

i would look for a dubi, anisomov, del zotto, miller, thomas, and a 1st trade. way too many players to give up for one guy, but its nothing that will kill the rangers other than delzotto and it gives the blue jackets a few good players with potential. NYR have to give something to get something, but they dont need to get nash, they want to.
You would give up THREE roster players, the BEST prospect the Rangers have in their system as well as their 1st rd pick for just Nash?

Old
TK
Global Moderator

Quote:
Del Zotto is the best offensive forward
I agree with this.

Old
hollywood99
HFB Partner

Quote:
Serious.

Quote:
Stepan is a 2nd year 50+ point center. Del Zotto is the best offensive forward, and Miller is the top forward prospect now that Kreider is on the team, and the only center prospect worth in the organization right now. Again, only one of those guys + Dubinsky/1st is as far as I'd go.
So a 50 point player is too much to give up for a potential 50 goal scorer? Look up some international footage of what Nash has done when playing with elite players (like Richards). He's dominant when he has someone distribute to him with any skill, which hasn't happen in CLB.

Del Zotto is offensive yes, but he's a massive liability in his own zone. And it's not a stretch to imagine McDonagh putting up the numbers Del Zotto has or exceeding them.

And yes Miller is a high end prospect. Which is needed to get a high end player. But I also orignally stated a 1st in his place.

Old
07-11-2012, 03:47 PM
Cash for Nash

Quote:
Yeah way overpayment. I give up only 1 of those guys. Not all three. If I had a choice it'd come down to Stepan/Miller, Del Zotto is seeeeeeriously underrated on these boards. 12th in Norris voting at 21, and 40+ points, plus he produced in the playoffs. I give him a pass for the ECF as his grandmother died, and that probably screwed with his head.
Yes he is....my question is why??

Don't get why Ranger fans always offer him up in deals. I think he is your 2nd best defenseman (crazy good vision & skating ability PP QB). Really good young player. And yet Kreider and Stepan are untouchable, seems odd?

Old
07-11-2012, 03:47 PM
fizban

If having the best possible chance of winning a cup was always his biggest priority, he would have never signed an extension with Columbus in the first place.

Old
07-11-2012, 03:48 PM
blue425

I would deal Stepan before Del Zotto.

Not a fan at all of dealing the Rangers only PMD, with promise, since Leetch.

Closed Thread