HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Football > Fantasy Football

Which QB's would you pick before which RB's?

Old
08-17-2012, 04:49 PM
Layne Staley
The Future

vCash: 500
QB's are the highest scoring players in fantasy, as long as PA TD = 6 points, the same as RU TD's.

Tom Brady is the #1 overall player on my board.Brees will falter with all the drama going on around him and I think Rodgers is ripe for a letdown season.Brady is just so consistent and a sure bet for 4,000+ yards and 35+ TDs.Luckily, I have Tom Brady in my keeper league, he is definitely the player I'm franchising this year!

Layne Staley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 01:55 PM
sabrefan27

Really agonizing over my decision here. I pick 2 in a 10 team league. .5 PPR. 4 points for a QB TD. 6 for everyone else. Rodgers or Rice. Pretty sure the guy ahead of me is going Foster.

sabrefan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 02:18 PM
Hammettf2b

vCash: 7566
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrefan27 View Post
Really agonizing over my decision here. I pick 2 in a 10 team league. .5 PPR. 4 points for a QB TD. 6 for everyone else. Rodgers or Rice. Pretty sure the guy ahead of me is going Foster.
In a 10 team league I would def wait on the QB. i would go with the elite RB and Rice is a PPR monster

Hammettf2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 02:51 PM
sabrefan27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammettf2b View Post
In a 10 team league I would def wait on the QB. i would go with the elite RB and Rice is a PPR monster
That's the way I've been leaning but Rodgers is pretty damn tempting.

Old
08-21-2012, 05:48 PM
BGDDYKWL

Quote:
I know it's not really an answer to your question, but do some mocks and see which option leads to the team you like more. I've found with that second pick you can go Rice first and Cam will sometimes still be there on the way back (Brady, Brees, Stafford are all definitely gone). Aside from that you'll likely be looking at Romo/Rivers/Peyton/Ryan. Now what's nice about that is the last of those 4 to go is the number 11 QB, so you can wait to take them until just before guys start grabbing backups. Probably can wait til round 6-7. I find my team is really stacked when I do this. But at the same time there's certainly a considerable downgrade from Rodgers to say Romo. If you go Rodgers first the concern is you're looking at some combination of Turner, AP, Charles, Bradshaw, or Fred Jackson.

Last edited by BGDDYKWL: 08-21-2012 at 06:09 PM.
BGDDYKWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 08:46 AM
sabrefan27

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGDDYKWL View Post
I know it's not really an answer to your question, but do some mocks and see which option leads to the team you like more. I've found with that second pick you can go Rice first and Cam will sometimes still be there on the way back (Brady, Brees, Stafford are all definitely gone). Aside from that you'll likely be looking at Romo/Rivers/Peyton/Ryan. Now what's nice about that is the last of those 4 to go is the number 11 QB, so you can wait to take them until just before guys start grabbing backups. Probably can wait til round 6-7. I find my team is really stacked when I do this. But at the same time there's certainly a considerable downgrade from Rodgers to say Romo. If you go Rodgers first the concern is you're looking at some combination of Turner, AP, Charles, Bradshaw, or Fred Jackson.
I have done this and ended up with 2 teams that both look good. Usually I go RB in the first round. I've had issues with the QB position in recent years and I guess part of me just really wants an elite QB for once.

Old
08-22-2012, 06:11 PM
BGDDYKWL

Quote:
I have done this and ended up with 2 teams that both look good. Usually I go RB in the first round. I've had issues with the QB position in recent years and I guess part of me just really wants an elite QB for once.
I've mentioned it in one of these threads, but (and granted I don't even do this myself) I think Rodgers is the way to go. Much better chance an RB is a bust than a QB. Although Rice seems about a sure a bet as they come. The one thing that still brings me back to going RB first is we're looking at 11 quarterbacks who are QB1s (at least IMO), so if you're ok with any of them, it's very tempting to stack your team and then grab whichever one is still there in the later rounds. The good thing is I really don't think you can go wrong with either of those guys (Rice/Rodgers).

BGDDYKWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2012, 05:51 PM
mouser
Global Moderator
Business of Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layne Staley View Post
QB's are the highest scoring players in fantasy, as long as PA TD = 6 points, the same as RU TD's.

Tom Brady is the #1 overall player on my board.Brees will falter with all the drama going on around him and I think Rodgers is ripe for a letdown season.Brady is just so consistent and a sure bet for 4,000+ yards and 35+ TDs.Luckily, I have Tom Brady in my keeper league, he is definitely the player I'm franchising this year!
I have a contrarian view on Brees: without Sean Payton and Vitt gone 6 games I think Brees is going to have even more leeway to be the field general, calling his own plays.

It's not reasonable to expect him to repeat last year's fantasy stats, but I think they'll drop less than many pundits are predicting.

mouser is offline   Reply With Quote