HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Luongo about Schneider "I'm sure he'll win a few Vezinas"

Old
07-10-2012, 12:04 AM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frkinator View Post
The difference between Lack and Schneider will be Schneiders composure and ability to adapt. Lack is looking like A level goalie, but Schneider IS a A level goalie along with gifts that Lack will in all probability never hone to Schneiders level. This is what will make Schneider a elite goalie in this league and one of the best, and I am certain of it.
I disagree.

The one thing Schneider has over lack is that his positioning is slightly better...

but lack is 2 inches taller and has a bigger wingspan... and his goofy attitude is almost a perfect goalie attitude.

Schneider is a great goalie too but ever since following Lack I have to say I do believe he has the higher ceiling.

LickTheEnvelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 12:14 AM
0123456789*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LickTheEnvelope View Post
I disagree.

The one thing Schneider has over lack is that his positioning is slightly better...

but lack is 2 inches taller and has a bigger wingspan... and his goofy attitude is almost a perfect goalie attitude.

Schneider is a great goalie too but ever since following Lack I have to say I do believe he has the higher ceiling.
I dont disagree with what you say but ultimately I have not seen the composure and ability to adapt that Schneider has and this is what separates good goalies from elite goalies. I do not remember seeing a goalie with Schneiders calmness and adaptability combined with his skill level in a very long time. I will not try to compare him to a few of the greats of the last few decades on here, but in my mind I certainly am.

Believe me though, I hope your right, and believe me I am excited about Lack. I just think there are some gifts Schneider has that Lack doesnt to the same extent, but thats more a testament to how highly I think of Schneider and nothing to hold against Lack and his potential. I still find it hard to believe position the team got its self in to in terms of goal tending. Never would have expected this.

At the end of the day the team was confident enough in their view of Schneider to push Luongo out along with his contact and the situation it is creating. The team has shown how confident they are in going forward with Schneider and say what you will Luongo is still one of the top goalies in the league, hell he was a vezina finalist some 13 months ago and went to game 7 of the finals.

0123456789* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 12:44 AM
ProstheticConscience
Seeing is believing

vCash: 883
Did you guys know that absolutely anything Luongo says means he's a horrible human being?

ProstheticConscience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 12:53 AM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProstheticConscience View Post
Did you guys know that absolutely anything Luongo says means he's a horrible human being?
Luongo is the Terminator....which explains how he knows Schneider will win the Vezina every single year from now until the robot apocalypse.

Vankiller Whale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 04:26 AM
Saku11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forty View Post
Loungo is the most overrated player in the league...

Am I doing this right saku?
No, because this is not a Datsyuk thread.

Saku11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 06:29 AM
Pilky01
@JamesD_TO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saku11 View Post
You agree?. Or is this just Lou being an overly classy guy?. By the way i really like Luongo. So not a troll thread. I personally feel like Cory is going to be a huge disappointment.
Luongo's comments about Schnieder have been dripping with sarcasm ever since the season ended.

He is clearly annoyed (and IMO rightfully so) that everyone in the organization (and seemingly the city) apparently thinks Schnieder is a proven, long term, Stanley Cup Final calibre goalie.

Pilky01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 07:51 AM
Bruins71*
Bergeron for Selke

I HATE the Canucks, but Cory Schneider is legit and I think he will have a great career.

Bruins71* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 07:59 AM
Crease

Classic Luongo right there.

Crease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 08:04 AM
Bruins71*
Bergeron for Selke

Lungo is just pumping his tires.

Bruins71* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 09:24 AM
jamers
McTankel Mechanic

He sounded sincere in the interview. I don't think he was being sarcastic.

jamers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 09:29 AM
Buck Aki Berg
My pockets hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProstheticConscience View Post
"Good morning."

"What's THAT supposed to mean, Lou?!"

Buck Aki Berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 09:36 AM
Gord
Go Esks!

vCash: 1546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frkinator View Post
Schneider is my favorite for the vezina next year so I am not surprised. The team did not decided to part ways with Luongo, a vezina finalist himself 3 times, and just over one year ago to this day being the last time. Luongo is ready to move on now, I dont blame him, but it is the team that was finished with him first.

Schneider is already and will be one of the top goalies in the league, there is no doubt in my mind and I have never been so certain about a goalie ever before. There are three groups of people, those that see this, those that pretend not to see this and those that have not seen him enough.
and those that have rose coloured homer glasses. he's already one of the top goalies in the league? and in your opinion he'll probably win the vezina next year? puh-lease.
come on buddy. we all know he has potential and has done well so far in his role as backup. many people agree that he will be an excellent starting goalie, but the way you're pumping his tires just makes you look bad.

Gord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 11:06 AM
tony d
Thanks for memories

Scheidner's going to be a good goalie but I doubt you ever see him win the Vezina.

07-10-2012, 11:15 AM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony d View Post
Scheidner's going to be a good goalie but I doubt you ever see him win the Vezina.
Why not? In 5 years from now, someone will win the Vezina. I doubt it will be one of Rinne/Quick/Lundqvist.

We'll be looking at a new generation of goaltenders like Schneider and Markstrom and others, and what makes one more likely to win than another?

Vankiller Whale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 12:07 PM
Homegrown Kings
ft. Philly & Lumbus

Quote:
Originally Posted by LickTheEnvelope View Post
I disagree.

It begins.

You could be right as I've not seen Lack play. Quite a luxury to have a steady stream of goaltenders better than the last.

I really didn't think anything of Luongo's comment when I first heard it. I don't think he has any ill will towards Schneider. There seems to be a mutual feeling from team management and Luongo that a trade is the right move, and I don't detect any bitterness in anything I've read or heard so far.

Homegrown Kings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 12:18 PM
Tiranis

Ehh, he said something similar before there was any speculation of Luongo being the one moved. I don't get why some people actually think it's sarcasm. They're good friends and have a lot of respect for each other. Schneider stood up for Luongo during the season when he was criticized unfairly and it's pretty clear that Luongo thinks that Schneider is destined to be a star, he has said as much throughout the whole year. (And I doubt there's any ******** considering Luongo almost won some Vezinas himself, and certainly should've won the 06-07 one.)

Tiranis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 12:46 PM
Plante

Its called being polite. Nothing else.

I know right, rare to some people.

Plante is offline   Reply With Quote