HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Phoenix Coyotes 2012 draft review

Old
06-28-2012, 07:15 PM
HF Article
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
Phoenix Coyotes 2012 draft review

Advancing to the Western Conference Finals in the 2012 NHL playoffs, the Phoenix Coyotes entered the 2012 NHL Draft with their lowest first-round pick since 2003.

Having used their first-round pick to select a defensemen in each of the past three drafts, General Manager Don Maloney and his management team switched things up a bit this year by taking a forward. They did however stay the course in later rounds and elected to continue to build upon their strong defensive structure by grabbing four defensemen out of their eight total picks.

The club also continued to show a strong liking of two-way wingers using all three of their forward picks on players who skate on the wing; further adding to what has become a deep position in the prospect pool.… read more

More...

HF Article is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 10:20 PM
hbk

Just re-read the Redline today. Safe to say we'll rate high in their post draft analysis.

Tikkinen and Martinook both ranked in their sleep list. They commented especially on the improvement in Martinook's speed and footwork.

We also had two players in Melindy and Samuellson who made the underrated list. They absolutely loved Samuellson btw. Melindy they thought blossomed as well after the Gormely deal.

Fejes made the best pure skaters list.

Rhett Holland made the toughest players/best figher list.

hbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 11:06 PM
drgregg

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk View Post
Just re-read the Redline today. Safe to say we'll rate high in their post draft analysis.

Tikkinen and Martinook both ranked in their sleep list. They commented especially on the improvement in Martinook's speed and footwork.

We also had two players in Melindy and Samuellson who made the underrated list. They absolutely loved Samuellson btw. Melindy they thought blossomed as well after the Gormely deal.

Fejes made the best pure skaters list.

Rhett Holland made the toughest players/best figher list.
Good to know, I know I was pretty happy with our draft this year considering. Thanks for the extra info/insight. I think Samuellson is going to be a good one, and Martinook is definitely intriguing.

drgregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 11:49 PM
mitch27

Quote:
Originally Posted by drgregg View Post
Good to know, I know I was pretty happy with our draft this year considering. Thanks for the extra info/insight. I think Samuellson is going to be a good one, and Martinook is definitely intriguing.
As much as I love the Samuelsson pick, I like the Melindy pick even more.

mitch27 is offline   Reply With Quote