HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Saku and Teemu To WILD @ Deadline

Old
07-09-2012, 11:19 PM
Kloparren
Hth

vCash: 500
Wild are still a rebuilding team, they aren't gonna move assets for Koivu and Selanne isn't leaving Anaheim.

Kloparren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 11:20 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuietCompany View Post
Wild are still a rebuilding team, they aren't gonna move assets for Koivu and Selanne isn't leaving Anaheim.
No, they are in a transition phase...

They will enter the elite soon if all goes as planned... Or even close to it.

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 11:22 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 515
I will go ahead and say this, my belief is the Wild will be much closer to a trade dealine seller than Anaheim. The Ducks are the better team right now, Hiller was off at the start of last year and assuming they don't have to break up the RPG line on paper at least I would take the Ducks in front of the Wild. In fact even if they trade Ryan they are still probably the better team assuming they get something decent in return.

In a lot of ways I could see the Ducks being this years New Jersey, they were shockingly bad considering some of the talent they have last year, just like the Devils train wreck season in 2010-2011.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 11:27 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
I will go ahead and say this, my belief is the Wild will be much closer to a trade dealine seller than Anaheim. The Ducks are the better team right now, Hiller was off at the start of last year and assuming they don't have to break up the RPG line on paper at least I would take the Ducks in front of the Wild. In fact even if they trade Ryan they are still probably the better team assuming they get something decent in return.

In a lot of ways I could see the Ducks being this years New Jersey, they were shockingly bad considering some of the talent they have last year, just like the Devils train wreck season in 2010-2011.
Last year the Wild were 1st in the league till injuries crept in....

With a roster that is much deeper this year, and improved, I don't see them being a seller... With abit of health, they will make it in the playoffs...

Old
07-09-2012, 11:29 PM
Nick Rash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie1987 View Post
minny hasn't made the playoffs in 5 years and your making deadline deals

reminds me of that thread on the main board when minny was in 1st place for a short time, classic
no im proposing a trade I think could help a franchise that just signed two players to 98 million dollar contracts that obviously has taken large steps in the offseason...Im not actually a GM just seeing what people thought of the proposal and what it would take and how it could happen feasably.

Have I not explained that adequately? as for making deadline deals its the only way this proposal makes sense thats why its a deadline deal....lulz so all the proposals on this forum are made... knowing the outcome....

Ill look back at your old posts and get back to you

Nick Rash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 11:36 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
Last year the Wild were 1st in the league till injuries crept in....

With a roster that is much deeper this year, and improved, I don't see them being a seller... With abit of health, they will make it in the playoffs...

That is the hope and I understand the optimism at this point. Even before the injuries they were going to come back to the pack. Also, the Wild seem to be always hurt. At some point it has to go beyond freak injuries, I hope the strength and conditioning coach has got to go if he has been the same. It also needs to be said some of these guys just get hurt a lot.

I expect them to be in the playoff mix was only pointing out I think the Ducks are better than them right now when I look at both teams. That is just honesty as someone looking at both teams without a bias. By the way if I was to have one it wouldn't be against the Wild because I wanted Suter, there are few teams in the NHL I like less than the Ducks. So I guess if I have a bias it is a negative one for the team I think is better.

But like I said I think they are this years New Jersey, I believe in the talent out there and Hiller not coming of vertigo will have a huge difference.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 11:51 PM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Quote:
That is the hope and I understand the optimism at this point. Even before the injuries they were going to come back to the pack. Also, the Wild seem to be always hurt. At some point it has to go beyond freak injuries, I hope the strength and conditioning coach has got to go if he has been the same. It also needs to be said some of these guys just get hurt a lot.

I expect them to be in the playoff mix was only pointing out I think the Ducks are better than them right now when I look at both teams. That is just honesty as someone looking at both teams without a bias. By the way if I was to have one it wouldn't be against the Wild because I wanted Suter, there are few teams in the NHL I like less than the Ducks. So I guess if I have a bias it is a negative one for the team I think is better.

But like I said I think they are this years New Jersey, I believe in the talent out there and Hiller not coming of vertigo will have a huge difference.
No clue where you get that idea from.

squidz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 12:01 AM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Rash View Post
as for making deadline deals its the only way this proposal makes sense thats why its a deadline deal
No, it doesn't make sense. Teemu and Koivu were pretty clear about not leaving last year when the odds of making the playoffs were slim. Both of them have full NMCs, so what is the point of this thread? If we're still bad next year, our response will be the same as it was at the last deadline, if Teemu or Saku ask to be traded, then they'll be traded to whatever destination they ask for. As Bob Murray said then, he will not ask Teemu or Saku to waive their NMCs.

To be honest, it looks like all of the discussion about this proposal is between Wild fans.

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 12:08 AM
Nick Rash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
No, it doesn't make sense. Teemu and Koivu were pretty clear about not leaving last year when the odds of making the playoffs were slim. Both of them have full NMCs, so what is the point of this thread? If we're still bad next year, our response will be the same as it was at the last deadline, if Teemu or Saku ask to be traded, then they'll be traded to whatever destination they ask for. As Bob Murray said then, he will not ask Teemu or Saku to waive their NMCs.

To be honest, it looks like all of the discussion about this proposal is between Wild fans.

Our response?

Nick Rash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 12:18 AM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:

Your not biased don't worry about that.

In 10-11 while we were in the midst of things Koivu went down and the team went on a losing streak... Result cold at wrong time.... Golf...

This year at one point we lost like 4 of our top 6 guys, and due to our severe lack of depth at the time we fell back down to earth in free fall form, instead of at a gradual pace like it should of been...

While I don't think the ducks are golf bad, I think they are in transition, and need their young guns to come in and take the reins... (D) they should at the very least be 10th this year, I think they will make it.

Old
07-10-2012, 12:51 AM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Our response?
I'm sorry, I didn't realize this thread was intended only for Wild fans.

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 04:38 AM
JabbaJabba

vCash: 552
This won't happen because of two reasons:

1. Koivu brothers don't want to play on the same team (unless it's national hockey team). Saku feels that Wild is Mikko's team.
2. Selšnne won't be traded. He doesn't want to play anywhere else and once he signs with the Ducks, their GM won't even listen the proposals.

JabbaJabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 05:11 AM
Colorado Avalanche

Minnesota is Mikko's team. Saku don't want to mix that up.

Colorado Avalanche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 05:28 AM
BigMacJokinen

You can make this in NHL13. Not gonna happen otherwise.

BigMacJokinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 05:34 AM
agent082

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Avalanche View Post
Maybe that was valid argument when Saku left Montreal.

agent082 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 06:21 AM
Lapa
Global Moderator
miek yoe pls

vCash: 50
While I would love to see a Selšnne-Granlund-X line, there is no way Teemu will leave Anaheim.

Lapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 06:24 AM
Man Bear Pig

Quote:
Originally Posted by JabbaJabba View Post
This won't happen because of two reasons:

1. Koivu brothers don't want to play on the same team (unless it's national hockey team). Saku feels that Wild is Mikko's team.
2. Selšnne won't be traded. He doesn't want to play anywhere else and once he signs with the Ducks, their GM won't even listen the proposals.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Avalanche View Post
I don't really understand this, seems kind of weak IMO. Everyone knows it's not Saku's team, hypothetically speaking obviously, it seems like a non-issue to me. Why they wouldn't wanna play together is beyond me.

Man Bear Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 06:43 AM
wesott11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Bear Pig View Post
I don't really understand this, seems kind of weak IMO. Everyone knows it's not Saku's team, hypothetically speaking obviously, it seems like a non-issue to me. Why they wouldn't wanna play together is beyond me.
It was saku's own words.

wesott11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 07:04 AM
Man Bear Pig

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesott11 View Post
It was saku's own words.
No, I get that's what he said, I just don't get it tbh.

Man Bear Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 07:21 AM
WildFinn*
Unity | We Are One

This thread has to be a joke.

WildFinn* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 07:46 AM
puckyeah

Quote:
Curious as what folks think MIN could offer

Intangibles for a playoff run: forward depth, Granlund getting to play with childhood idols: another brother tandem united: cup experience: great contract situations. dependant of course on Teemu resigning for a year. Or any other points brought up in this thread.

ANA could do this a early retirement present for both if they are out by the deadline and recieve some tools for the future.

with Teemu most likely @1 year if he signs could return to ANA next year to retire a Duck and a minor move could be worked to bring back Saku at a reasonable cost for his last year on his contract.

I could be off on some details id love some feedback from one of the board vets
lol anaheim is better than Minny, maybe they'll send Mikko to play with his brother in Sunny cali!!!

puckyeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 08:57 AM
agent082

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesott11 View Post
It was saku's own words.
Well it was 3 years ago and Saku thought they would compete #1C spot. I'm sure Saku doesn't believe he could be 1C anymore.

Quote:
Koivu didn't want to step on his brothers toes.

"I felt it would have been too much risk for us to compete same playing time in a same team."
Finnish article July 2009: http://www.iltasanomat.fi/jaakiekko/...335946085.html

agent082 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 08:59 AM
DamonDRW

Quote:
Curious as what folks think MIN could offer

Intangibles for a playoff run: forward depth, Granlund getting to play with childhood idols: another brother tandem united: cup experience: great contract situations. dependant of course on Teemu resigning for a year. Or any other points brought up in this thread.

[skipped]
are you sure you're making the play-offs this year?

DamonDRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 09:09 AM
Surly Furious

vCash: 528
Sounds more like a publicity stunt than a good hockey move.

Surly Furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 10:08 AM
Bazeek
Registered Lurker

vCash: 1160
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamonDRW View Post
are you sure you're making the play-offs this year?
Just to clarify:

Quote:
Yes not on the outside looking in but a fairly clear picture at the deadline barring injuries and a major meltdown.

Im not a fan of either fan base but I think MIN make a move for a mid tier puckmover think Boumeester for Heatley and the two FIVERS in the proposal I think they could be a threat to finish top 12 in the league.
Both Anaheim and Minnesota fans seem to agree that this trade is a non-starter at worst and a bad idea at best. I think everyone can agree that the chances of any player jumping over to the Wild for a cup run next year are slim to nil.

Bazeek is offline   Reply With Quote