HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Oscar Moller

Old
07-11-2012, 07:27 AM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by markisonfire View Post
Don't count him out. He is only 23 years old. I really hope the Kings get to a point (and I think we are just about there) where players mature for a very long time before making the NHL. Look at Detroit in this regard; If Moller can make a splash in two years as he matures and grows into a man, that is great. No one is questioning his heart, talent, or drive. He is just pushed off the puck too easily. Otherwise, he has the skills to make the NHL.
Exactly this! That's why he was given the Kings blessing to go back to Europe. They knew if he stayed in NA he wasn't going to make the Kings and would likely get snatched up on waivers, but the things he needs work on aren't things you can teach. As he matures and gets bigger and stronger naturally hopefully he becomes stronger on the puck and can become an NHL player, but as of right now he isn't.

tigermask48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 09:01 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermask48 View Post
Exactly this! That's why he was given the Kings blessing to go back to Europe. They knew if he stayed in NA he wasn't going to make the Kings and would likely get snatched up on waivers, but the things he needs work on aren't things you can teach. As he matures and gets bigger and stronger naturally hopefully he becomes stronger on the puck and can become an NHL player, but as of right now he isn't.
You can certainly teach a player how to be stronger on the puck.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 11:02 AM
bral
Go Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermask48 View Post
Uh, this is pretty much exactly why the Kings asked him to bulk up and get stronger on his skates. Kid was gonna die out there the way he played with how tiny he was. He would run around and just get drilled almost every shift. Putting on some muscle is only going to help him be stronger and able to withstand the hits that were laying him out.

Not true in the least. We all know the Kings like a certain type of player and i'm fine with that, it's obviously successful. But to imply Moller would "die" fail simply due to his physical bulk is wrong. If the guy is not the right fit for this team fine, I just don't like molding guys into a player/role they are unsuited for, that's bad development. Teach him to be as responsible as possible and use him to his strengths, See how far his natural scoring ability will take him. Maybe he turns into another Cammalleri and he can be traded for other assets.

BTW we a have a guys jersey retired in Staples that wouldn't have been the strongest player on a High School softball team.

bral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 11:29 AM
Ollie Weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Poor Oscar.
I hated that hit then and I hate it now. Comes charging in from the blueline to destroy somebody 50 pounds smaller than you with 15 seconds to go in 4-0 drubbing. Looking to deal some damage right before the buzzer, and then bugger off to the dressing room. I do not like Bobby Ryan.

Ollie Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 07:52 PM
spudboy

If Moller had stayed in Manchester, he might have ended up with his name on the cup.

spudboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 08:23 PM
Julius Caesar Milan
Lord of the Shih Tzu

vCash: 863
When the Kings drafted Forbort, Lombardi mentioned how in the first few years the Kings were drafting players that they thought could help sooner rather than later and that Forbort was one of the first picks they can really develop because there is more raw talent, etc

I think Moller (like Simmonds) was one of the step in sooner variety.

Julius Caesar Milan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 08:34 PM
Sam
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie Weeks View Post
I hated that hit then and I hate it now. Comes charging in from the blueline to destroy somebody 50 pounds smaller than you with 15 seconds to go in 4-0 drubbing. Looking to deal some damage right before the buzzer, and then bugger off to the dressing room. I do not like Bobby Ryan.
Richards put a similar hit on Malkin in terms of disance traveled and distance from the boards. Different in terms of the score and time of game but the hit itself was very similar to the one Ryan put on Moller.

Sam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 12:19 AM
Ollie Weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
Richards put a similar hit on Malkin in terms of disance traveled and distance from the boards. Different in terms of the score and time of game but the hit itself was very similar to the one Ryan put on Moller.

Yeah that's my primary beef with it. The technical details of either hit don't really bother me, in a vaccuum neither would be penalties, but Ryan's, coming when and how it did just seems so much more unnecessary, predatory, and calculated.

Ollie Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 08:43 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by spudboy View Post
If Moller had stayed in Manchester, he might have ended up with his name on the cup.
He'd have been waiver eligible this year.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 11:02 AM
rajuabju

Moller will never wear a Kings uniform again.

rajuabju is offline   Reply With Quote