HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Paul Stastny

Old
07-09-2012, 11:29 PM
Paralyzer008

vCash: 500
Paul Stastny

http://blogs.denverpost.com/avs/2012...-traded/11037/

What do Avs fans think of him possibly being moved? He could easily be a 70+ point center again maybe with a new team.

Thoughts?

EDIT: Wasn't trying to put down Colorado in any way. He could rebound in Colorado. He's just been declining in the last few years.

Last edited by Paralyzer008: 07-10-2012 at 01:23 AM.
Paralyzer008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 11:33 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

vCash: 50
Anything involving Bozak is a great deal for us.

S E P H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 11:33 PM
falconski
Unregistered User

I think dater's looking for hits, just like kizla was when he said to trade duchene

falconski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 11:34 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

There was nothing in that article of any significance.

bleedblue1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 11:34 PM
cgf

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...53&postcount=1

cgf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 11:35 PM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 239
I think he could easily get 70+ points again with us.

Lonewolfe2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 11:35 PM
CobraAcesS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paralyzer008 View Post
http://blogs.denverpost.com/avs/2012...-traded/11037/

What do Avs fans think of him possibly being moved? He could easily be a 70+ point center again maybe with a new team.

Thoughts?
We would add for..

Yandle, Ryan, Nash (Of those on the market.)

They would need to add for Enstrom.

The most discussed (And disgusting) proposals are Leafs proposals but I have yet to see them even attempt to offer quality instead of quantity. (No Phaneuf does not fit our needs since he plays right side.)

IF IF IF Leafs were willing to do something around JVR & Gardiner for Stastny with Colorado adding something MAYBE. (*Maybe* the trade would happen..) But knowing what I have seen in the past I will probably get..

"Yeah if you add Landeskog"

Basically until he shows he is well on his way to that 70 point season again (By next seasons trade deadline.) we won't be getting the value needed to move him. Which is not a problem because we need him about as much as we need to fill either of the only two holes left on our roster right now. At least until Duchene & O'Reilly prove themselves.

Edit : Not really sure everyone liked this but NYR posted a trade involving M. Staal.. If something could be worked out around M. Staal, Dubinsky & Stastny that would probably be one of my favorites. (Mixed reviews on both sides, which usually means the value is close.)

Last edited by CobraAcesS: 07-10-2012 at 12:09 AM.
CobraAcesS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 11:42 PM
Vankiller Whale
Win it for AV

vCash: 5100
/\Carlyle thinks Phaneuf needs to play on he left side, and that he'd play better that way. I think it makes sense.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 11:56 PM
CobraAcesS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
/\Carlyle thinks Phaneuf needs to play on he left side, and that he'd play better that way. I think it makes sense.
Still like M. Staal better and if it wasn't a match made in heaven we could still easily flip him to Carolina.

I don't really want a offensive defender next to EJ. (I think quite a few people feel the same way) I think EJ can create more offense if he has a partner that is solid defensively.

M. Staal can put up a few points and be more of a shutdown guy/enabler for EJ.

Hell if they both put up 25-35 points working together and being a rock solid defensive pair playing 25 minutes a night. I would be completely happy.

Old
07-09-2012, 11:57 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraAcesS View Post
We would add for..

Yandle, Ryan, Nash (Of those on the market.)

They would need to add for Enstrom.

The most discussed (And disgusting) proposals are Leafs proposals but I have yet to see them even attempt to offer quality instead of quantity. (No Phaneuf does not fit our needs since he plays right side.)

IF IF IF Leafs were willing to do something around JVR & Gardiner for Stastny with Colorado adding something MAYBE. But knowing what I have seen in the past I will probably get..

"Yeah if you add Landeskog"

Basically until he shows he is well on his way to that 70 point season again (By next seasons trade deadline.) we won't be getting the value needed to move him. Which is not a problem because we need him about as much as we need to fill either of the only two holes left on our roster right now. At least until Duchene & O'Reilly prove themselves.

Edit : Not really sure everyone liked this but NYR posted a trade involving M. Staal.. If something could be worked out around M. Staal, Dubinsky & Stastny that would probably be one of my favorites. (Mixed reviews on both sides, which usually means the value is close.)
That is far too much for Stastny as someone who has no dog in this fight you deserve the comeback you are getting that upset you. Colorado doesn't need to maybe add in my opinion they have to.

Stastny is confusing because with his cap hit and relative bad play in relation to that number he just isn't as valuable to me as Avs fans think around here. He is one of the tougher players to gauge an appropriate package for, but from what I have seen Avs fans want a little higher than I think he would actually be moved for if a trade did happen.

Stastny + for Ryan makes a lot of sense for both teams, don't know what that plus would have to be and wonder if the Ducks can truly add that salary, they do have an internal budget.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 11:59 PM
CobraAcesS

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
That is far too much for Stastny as someone who has no dog in this fight you deserve the comeback you are getting that upset you. Colorado doesn't need to maybe add in my opinion they have to.

Stastny is confusing because with his cap hit and relative bad play in relation to that number he just isn't as valuable to me as Avs fans think around here. He is one of the tougher players to gauge an appropriate package for, but from what I have seen Avs fans want a little higher than I think he would actually be moved for if a trade did happen.

Stastny + for Ryan makes a lot of sense for both teams, don't know what that plus would have to be and wonder if the Ducks can truly add that salary, they do have an internal budget.
I need to reword that.. I didn't mean "Maybe we would need to add" Maybe was more as to the trade going down or even being a possibility between the teams. (Especially based on what Ive seen offered so far..)

Yes it's overpayment but that's what it would take. Gardiner is promising but largely unproven and JVR has his issues.

My favorites in order are Ryan, Yandle, M. Staal (NYR fans are not sure Stastny is the greatest fit but the value is there.)

Something proposed on another site was a trade involving Stastny + + for Ryan & Holland.

I think it was Stastny + Defender + Barrie/Sgarbossa + 1st for Ryan & Holland. (I think the 1st is a bit much and would go with both Barrie and Sgarbossa myself.)

Last edited by CobraAcesS: 07-10-2012 at 12:11 AM.
Old
07-10-2012, 12:02 AM
squirrelbait

vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post

He said maybe to the deal, not maybe to adding to stastny.

squirrelbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 12:08 AM
CobraAcesS

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrelbait View Post
He said maybe to the deal, not maybe to adding to stastny.
If you look at his quote and my post they are different. I edited it.. If you read what he quoted it's easy to see why he posted that.

Probably more my bad than anything else. (I was hoping I edited it quick enough sorry)

Last edited by CobraAcesS: 07-10-2012 at 12:14 AM.
Old
07-10-2012, 12:28 AM
squirrelbait

vCash: 450
Quote:
If you look at his quote and my post they are different. I edited it.. If you read what he quoted it's easy to see why he posted that.

Probably more my bad than anything else. (I was hoping I edited it quick enough sorry)
peeps can be so quick to reply, can't they?! i wish i were a faster typer. and i'm pretty fast already!

squirrelbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 12:33 AM
jfisher6
Samurai Champloo

I like the subtle insult in the OP's post.

Stastny isn't getting moved, atleast not until the trade deadline, and even then it's not likely.

jfisher6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 12:35 AM
N o o d l e s

Jeez, another Stastny thread? Pretty sure Av's fans want to keep him.

Not sure why Av's management would feel a whole lot differently.

N o o d l e s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 12:42 AM
CobraAcesS

It's like this..

It maybe tiring but it's not boring!

Old
07-10-2012, 12:46 AM
PAZ

Avs beat writers mainly do these articles for hits. To save another thread about Duchene in the near future - http://www.denverpost.com/kiszla/ci_...ene-smart-idea

PAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 01:50 AM
Avs44

vCash: 3319
Yes, we totally needed another Stastny thread where all the Leafs fans who want him as their #1 C can come in here and tell us he is a overpaid, 2nd line scrub.

Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 02:03 AM
CobraAcesS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post
Yes, we totally needed another Stastny thread where all the Leafs fans who want him as their #1 C can come in here and tell us he is a overpaid, 2nd line scrub.
There is never enough room for that many HF posts.. Of course we need another thread. Be realistic geez..

Old
07-10-2012, 04:57 AM
CodeBlue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post
Interesting, I don't recall most or all Leafs fans feeling that way. But don't let that stop you from making mindless assumptions or over valuing Stastny like no tomorrow.

CodeBlue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 09:19 AM
calgaryflames1212

stastny to calgary for bouwmeester 2nd in 2013!
good deal for both teams calgary has his center and erik johnson gets a good linemate on the first pairing defense of colorado!

calgaryflames1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 09:23 AM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgaryflames1212 View Post
stastny to calgary for bouwmeester 2nd in 2013!
good deal for both teams calgary has his center and erik johnson gets a good linemate on the first pairing defense of colorado!
With Johnson the Avs don't need Jbo.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 09:28 AM
Chandrashekhar Limit
Kunitz sucks balls

Quote:
IF IF IF Leafs were willing to do something around JVR & Gardiner for Stastny with Colorado adding something MAYBE. (*Maybe* the trade would happen..) But knowing what I have seen in the past I will probably get..
If that is the price it takes to get him, you guys can be assured that he wont be dealt.

I don't see any team paying that price for Stastny, let alone the Leafs. Asking for one young stud + makes sense, but two of them is just way too much.

Chandrashekhar Limit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 09:28 AM
Ivan13
Problem child

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
With Johnson the Avs don't need Jbo.
Actually they do.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote