HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Free Agent Frenzy (Part IX): Generic Thread Title Edition

Closed Thread

Old
07-10-2012, 10:50 PM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

vCash: 500
Is this all trade speculation? Or is there any new information?

Old
07-10-2012, 10:51 PM
Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan10 View Post
If you trade Stepan I don't see what's wrong with Dubinsky as 2nd line center. The team seemed as though they wanted him moved back there to begin with last year but couldn't make room, and it'd be nice to see him play with Callahan full-time.
Well, Torts was pretty firm about it. Dubi was a wing as far as he was concerned. I'll go with that.

Old
07-10-2012, 10:54 PM
Kreider Typical
flex

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan10 View Post
At some point you need to pull the trigger and go for it. You guys are all more concerned with building a dynasty that won't win any cups. And guess what happens when all these young guys hit UFA? We lose a handful of them for nothing.
so many things wrong with that i don't even know where to begin...

100 points is a hell of a lot more likely to win a cup than 57 points-- 2 players or 1-- when we don't have the depth going down the roster it doesn't matter how many people are scoring the points. it's a net gain for the team as a whole.

nash for stepan+hagelin means that dubinsky stays. meaning we're gaining ~5+ million in cap hit. which means we're a lot more likely to lose guys to free agency. as of right now nobody looks like they will be lost on this team due to budget restraints BUT if we get nash we will without a doubt lose kids to budget going forward. 7.8 mil while keeping dubinsky is just too much to manage. stepan+hagelin's cap hits going into free agency probably wouldn't even touch nash's.

nobody is looking to 'build a dynasty'. there is a serious problem with giving up our #2 center who scored 50 points and another guy on pace for 48 last year without getting rid of dubinsky's cap hit for a guy who just came off a 57 point season and is a 7.8 mil cap hit that we have to deal with for the next 5 years.

not to mention we have the potential of scoring guys like perry/getzlaf/malkin(ew) next offseason. it's not even a question.

Old
07-10-2012, 10:55 PM
jskramer83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
you can't trade for injured players.
That's my something new for today thanks!!

Old
07-10-2012, 10:58 PM
CM PUNK

Quote:
you can't trade for injured players.
you can't buyout injured players but you absolutely can trade for injured players. if clb wanted to take the risk that sauer will recover that is their problem if he doesn't...only time that would be an issue is if the rangers lied about his health and said he was fine when he wasn't. but if they are fully aware of the situation and don't care the league isn't going to stop them from doing it

Old
07-10-2012, 11:00 PM
Kreider Typical
flex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni1994 View Post
rumor from ESPN radio that there is an offer of stepan+hagelin str8 up for nash.

personally doubt it's validity.

Old
07-10-2012, 11:02 PM
ltrangerfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooskating View Post

100 points is a hell of a lot more likely to win a cup than 57 points-- 2 players or 1-- when we don't have the depth going down the roster it doesn't matter how many people are scoring the points. it's a net gain for the team as a whole.

nash for stepan+hagelin means that dubinsky stays. meaning we're gaining ~5+ million in cap hit. which means we're a lot more likely to lose guys to free agency. as of right now nobody looks like they will be lost on this team due to budget restraints BUT if we get nash we will without a doubt lose kids to budget going forward. 7.8 mil while keeping dubinsky is just too much to manage. stepan+hagelin's cap hits going into free agency probably wouldn't even touch nash's.

nobody is looking to 'build a dynasty'. there is a serious problem with giving up our #2 center who scored 50 points and another guy on pace for 48 last year without getting rid of dubinsky's cap hit for a guy who just came off a 57 point season and is a 7.8 mil cap hit that we have to deal with for the next 5 years.

not to mention we have the potential of scoring guys like perry/getzlaf/malkin(ew) next offseason. it's not even a question.
Good call.

who knows what shape the business will be in next year but I believe that Perry will be looking for a 10 yr deal for 8M/per and Getzlaf an 8 year deal for 7m /per. Am I close?

No loss of assets if either signs in NY.

Can both be signed in NY within the cap?

Old
07-10-2012, 11:04 PM
jskramer83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni1994 View Post
This is a message board, it's a great place to learn what Johnny's sister's boyfriend who used to date Howson's son heard.

95% here is discussion about speculation

Old
07-10-2012, 11:05 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM PUNK View Post
you can't buyout injured players but you absolutely can trade for injured players. if clb wanted to take the risk that sauer will recover that is their problem if he doesn't...only time that would be an issue is if the rangers lied about his health and said he was fine when he wasn't. but if they are fully aware of the situation and don't care the league isn't going to stop them from doing it
I have never heard of such a thing. You have to pass a physical, for a trade to go through. I am not saying your wrong, but you got to back that up.

Last edited by Blueshirt Believer: 07-10-2012 at 11:13 PM.
Old
07-10-2012, 11:07 PM
ltrangerfan

Quote:
This is a message board, it's a great place to learn what Johnny's sister's boyfriend who used to date Howson's son heard.
I heard that yesterday. I want to know if Johnny's sister's boyfriend heard anything new today?

Old
07-10-2012, 11:10 PM
Swagelin
aka Bienvenue a ny

Quote:
Originally Posted by jskramer83 View Post

95% here is discussion about speculation
More like 99% of trade discussion is all speculation. I find it hilarious when someone posts a trade proposal and asks the other fans if "they'd do it" as if they're the GMs. I know its all for fun/speculation but I find it pretty funny.

Old
07-10-2012, 11:13 PM
Kreider Typical
flex

Quote:
I have never heard of such of thing. You have to pass a physical, for a trade to go through. I am not saying your wrong, but you got to back that up.
pretty sure the physical is just to make sure that the team isn't getting damaged goods. if they already know they're getting damaged goods it would negate the point. wasn't gaborik being shopped on Minnesota during one of his injuries?

Old
07-10-2012, 11:17 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
pretty sure the physical is just to make sure that the team isn't getting damaged goods. if they already know they're getting damaged goods it would negate the point. wasn't gaborik being shopped on Minnesota during one of his injuries?
They may have had a dialogue with clubs during his injuries. But I don't believe they can trade him until his injury has been healed.

Old
07-10-2012, 11:23 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:

There is that chance, but Malkin for sure is not going anywhere.. Also if the Ducks move Ryan, I believe both Perry and Getzlaf will also resign. JMO

Old
07-10-2012, 11:27 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
rumor from ESPN radio that there is an offer of stepan+hagelin str8 up for nash.

personally doubt it's validity.
I think Howson would have taken it. Personally I think Brassard and Stepan are similar players obviously Stepan is better. Howson just needs a coach that can help these guys. Should have brought in Renney.

Old
07-10-2012, 11:27 PM
jskramer83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Sauer View Post
More like 99% of trade discussion is all speculation. I find it hilarious when someone posts a trade proposal and asks the other fans if "they'd do it" as if they're the GMs. I know its all for fun/speculation but I find it pretty funny.
I personally love the "trade auditors"

Those guys always pop up out of no where to tell someone how over or under priced someone trade is.

I mean really do they subscribe to every thread!

Old
07-10-2012, 11:31 PM
LordsCup*

Hags and stepan for nash? Thats it? Take it and run.

Obviously not true tho.

Old
07-10-2012, 11:38 PM
CM PUNK

Quote:
I have never heard of such a thing. You have to pass a physical, for a trade to go through. I am not saying your wrong, but you got to back that up.
this past deadline, tuomo ruutu got hurt and was still on the block until he signed an extension...

not sure of any players that were actually traded when injured cause it doesn't make sense for the team getting the injured player to agree to it but found an old article from 2008 from bob mckenzie talking about the wild trading an injured marian gaborik

Quote:
There is a rumor out there that the Minnesota Wild are on the verge of trading Gaborik. As in any hour or day now, it's that close.

Under normal circumstances, this wouldn't be a reach.

Gaborik, after all, is an unrestricted free agent at the end of this season.

Gaborik, thus far, has rejected all contract offers from the Wild and it doesn't look like he's about to put pen to paper in the Twin Cities any time soon.

So, for awhile there, earlier this season, it was fully expected that Gaborik would be traded. And I don't think any of us will be surprised if he's traded later this season sometime. When he's healthy.

But the reality is Gaborik hasn't played an NHL game since Oct. 14, the Wild's second game of the season, sidelined with the mysterious “lower-body” ailment, which for the finely-tuned Slovakian speedster means he's continuing to have issues with his musculature (quads, hamstrings, adductors, glutes, take your pick) somewhere above the knees but below the abdomen.

One would logically think being out that long, with no sign of him coming back to the Wild lineup in the immediate future, would be a major impediment, if not a total roadblock, to being traded at this time.

But I suppose stranger things have happened, although I'm not sure I could come up with a very long list, to be honest.
http://www.tsn.ca/blogs/bob_mckenzie/?id=256366

Old
07-10-2012, 11:38 PM
we want the cup 94

http://www.yardbarker.com/nhl/articl...price/11183587

Nice little website i just found .. Good stuff on all teams with rumors and all . it has a bunch of stuff and it looks like its updated every few hours about the Nash deal .

Old
07-10-2012, 11:39 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKL889 View Post
Hags and stepan for nash? Thats it? Take it and run.

Obviously not true tho.
You're right, throw in Kreider, Gaborik and Richards. That should be enough for the great Rick Nash.

Old
07-10-2012, 11:42 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
this past deadline, tuomo ruutu got hurt and was still on the block until he signed an extension...

not sure of any players that were actually traded when injured cause it doesn't make sense for the team getting the injured player to agree to it but found an old article from 2008 from bob mckenzie talking about the wild trading an injured marian gaborik

http://www.tsn.ca/blogs/bob_mckenzie/?id=256366
sorry guy, its not definitive. I believe there are by laws that protect injured players(maybe they can be circumvented). Especially players like Sauer on LTIR.

Old
07-10-2012, 11:45 PM
CM PUNK

Quote:
sorry guy, its not definitive. I believe there are by laws that protect injured players(maybe they can be circumvented). Especially players like Sauer on LTIR.
so bob mckenzie isn't a valid source but you never hearing of it before is?

you can't buyout, release or demote a player on IR cause that results in the player (potentially losing $$) a player that gets traded doesn't lose anything and therefore nothing to protect. if the player doesn't have a ntc or nmc then he would have no ability to block a trade so what is being protected?

Old
07-10-2012, 11:47 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
so bob mckenzie isn't a valid source but you never hearing of it before is?
Its a speculatory article. There may be laws that need to be circumvented that he didn't get into.

Its not about NTC or not. Players have certain doctors, rehabilitation centers that they go to etc. It extremely complicates things in certain scenarios. I think there are laws that protect them.

Old
07-10-2012, 11:48 PM
LordsCup*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
You're right, throw in Kreider, Gaborik and Richards. That should be enough for the great Rick Nash.
We are all ranger fsns here, but lets not be biased either. You throw that proposal on the main board and 99% of the posters woukd say we robbed them.

Old
07-10-2012, 11:49 PM
CM PUNK

Quote:
Its a speculatory article. There may be laws that need to be circumvented that he didn't get into.
you are right. bob mckenzie is a liar and wrote a blog about the wild trading an injured gaborik eventhough that is against the rules and not allowed. you win

Closed Thread