HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Kulemin to Pittsburgh

Old
07-10-2012, 10:59 AM
BumFortyOne

vCash: 500
Kulemin to Pittsburgh

With Toronto filing for arbitration with Kulemin, would Burke possibly be open to moving him if a decent offer was made? I would understand if Toronto fans wouldn't want to sell low on him, but hopefully this isn't too bad.

To Pit: Kulemin

To Tor: Tangradi, Bortuzzo

Value is probably a little low for a former 30 goal scorer, and I would be willing to add another small piece to the package as a Pens fan. Tangradi and Bortuzzo are both big boys at 6'4" and are NHL-ready now. Tangradi has possible top-six upside as a third wheel power forward type on a line, and Bortuzzo should become a good #4/5 physical defensive defenseman. Obviously neither has proven anything at the NHL level yet, but they fit Burke's goal of getting bigger.

Obviously Pittsburgh makes the trade hoping Kulemin rebounds offensively while maintaining his solid board work and defensive play as the third wheel on a line with Malkin or Crosby.

Flame away.

BumFortyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 11:00 AM
wej20

Do Toronto have space for Bortuzzo?

wej20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 11:02 AM
Grant
LL Genius

vCash: 0
Although we are willing to move Kuli, I think I speak for most leaf fans when I say we are only interested in moving him if it's in a package for a #1 center, otherwise we prefer to keep him.

Grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 11:03 AM
Pinto
Burn Them All

vCash: 767
Not interested in moving Kulemin unless its for an upgrade.

Pinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 11:04 AM
KapG

no thanks.

Rather keep Kulemin.

Oh, AINEC

KapG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 11:05 AM
Chandrashekhar Limit
ORANJE 4 LYFE

Can't afford to lose him for non roster pieces. I think the only way he gets moved is if we can package him for an upgrade at center.

Chandrashekhar Limit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 11:09 AM
BumFortyOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandrashekhar Limit View Post
Can't afford to lose him for non roster pieces. I think the only way he gets moved is if we can package him for an upgrade at center.
Fair enough.

Though I wouldn't call Tangradi or Bortuzzo "non roster pieces" as they are likely to be on the Pens roster come opening day.

BumFortyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 11:11 AM
490 nm

He is excellent defensively, I really hope he is not moved

490 nm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 11:48 AM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
HFBoards: Night's Watch

Quote:
Tangradi and Bortuzzo will be on the Penguins opening day roster, they're not really 'non-roster pieces'...but I still don't see any reason why Toronto would take that offer.

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/054.gif
Big McLargehuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 11:49 AM
superrich

The only pieces Pittsburgh has that Toronto would want are unavailable. It's in the Leaf's best interest to not trade Kulemin while his value is lower, unless if it's in a package for a better player.

superrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 11:55 AM
Paris in Flames

Even if he struggles offensively, which he obviously did last season, what he brings defensively is far too great to give up, especially considering the woes the Leafs have in general when it comes to keeping the puck out of the net.

As mentioned, only way he moves is for an upgrade at C. Not just going to move him for the sake of moving him.

Paris in Flames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 12:02 PM
Alexander Baigle

Maybe for an Upgrade in net. Yeah, I'm talking Marc-Andre Fleury.

Kulemin + Reimer + 2013 first for Fleury.

Maybe it should be more, since he was first overall or whatever, but his value should be pretty since he hasn't gone about 0.900 in the playoffs for three seasons and his so-so regular seasons.

Alexander Baigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 12:18 PM
Jerkini

It's not a very sensible trade for the Leafs. I'd be looking at a first round draft pick at a minimum for Kulemin, but i'm sure once we're in that territory, Pens fans will start shouting "lunacy".. and thus we come full circle. We're just not good trading partners. Kulemin is too good to give up for a "potential" third liner.

Jerkini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 12:21 PM
veedubn1

I hope the Leafs hang onto Kuli.

The guy was snake-bit last year and I'm expecting 25 goals and the usual stellar defense from him this season.

veedubn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 12:28 PM
Jill Sandwich
Master of Unlocking

Send a message via MSN to Jill Sandwich
I'd probably make that trade. I like what Tangradi brings more than Kulemin, but I know there is 0 chance of Bylsma ever giving Tangradi a shot. He will never play above the 4th line while he is on this team, especially if Shero doesn't force him out of necessity.

Jill Sandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 12:32 PM
Chandrashekhar Limit
ORANJE 4 LYFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by BumFortyOne View Post
Fair enough.

Though I wouldn't call Tangradi or Bortuzzo "non roster pieces" as they are likely to be on the Pens roster come opening day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big McLargehuge View Post
Tangradi and Bortuzzo will be on the Penguins opening day roster, they're not really 'non-roster pieces'...but I still don't see any reason why Toronto would take that offer.
Yea, you guys are right. I should have clarified it a little more.

I mean established roster players. So basically, unless we get an equal impact player, or an upgrade, I don't see us moving him.

Kulemin is one of the only forwards on our team who plays a good 2-way game. Plus, I don't think now would be a good time to deal him, as he's coming off a compartively bad season.

I think he can go back to a being a 15-20 g, 40-50 pt player next year.

Chandrashekhar Limit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 12:36 PM
gabeliscious

i cant see burke moving him for that offer. id have to think if kulemin was in play another team would be able to offer a better package then the ops.

the leafs are ok for cap space so its not like he needs to move to make cap space and the pieces offered wouldnt likely fit into torontos long term plans as we have several 3rd/2nd line wingers/prospects. what we really need is some sort of upgrade at center - which probably wont be coming from the penguins

gabeliscious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 12:37 PM
Rinzler

Kuli has too much size for Burke to give him up. Doubt very much that he's getting traded.

Rinzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 12:40 PM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

Straight Read for Kuli swap?

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 01:08 PM
Riptide

Quote:
Kulemin is one of the only forwards on our team who plays a good 2-way game. Plus, I don't think now would be a good time to deal him, as he's coming off a compartively bad season.

I think he can go back to a being a 15-20 g, 40-50 pt player next year.
I agree, but for that to happen he needs top 6 icetime. IF JVR plays center, then it's likely he still gets that icetime on the 2nd line. However if JVR switches to the wing, and Connolly plays as the #1 center (which he is capable, as he's really the only play making center you have), then one of Kulemin/MacA will get bumped to the 3rd line. If that's Kulemin, then I don't see him getting much more than 30/35 pts.

I don't see any way the Pens can get him unless they overpay like crazy - which Shero hasn't done in the past... And Burke seems to get decent value in trades for his players, so I don't see him giving him up cheap.

Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 01:15 PM
Sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant View Post
Although we are willing to move Kuli, I think I speak for most leaf fans when I say we are only interested in moving him if it's in a package for a #1 center, otherwise we prefer to keep him.
Lol there better be a lot in that package other than Kulemin if you want a number one center.

Sorry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 01:28 PM
leaflover
New hope

vCash: 1250
Pretty sure the Leafs will hang onto Kulemin. He's one of only a few Leaf forwards who should quickly adapt and likely thrive in a more defensive system.Unless arbitration gets ugly and one party or the other is fool enough to let petty emotions become a factor.

leaflover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 01:35 PM
QMJHLfollower
Heart and soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
Straight Read for Kuli swap?
I'd consider it for sure. I'm just not sure because we need to get bigger and Kulemin is one of our biggest forward and he's bigger than Read, but I very like Read.

Solid offer.

QMJHLfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 01:36 PM
QMJHLfollower
Heart and soul

To the original offer, Kulemin can be had, but not for that.

QMJHLfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 01:39 PM
SoulAssassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by QMJHLfollower View Post
I'd consider it for sure. I'm just not sure because we need to get bigger and Kulemin is one of our biggest forward and he's bigger than Read, but I very like Read.

Solid offer.
Kuli for Clowe

SoulAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote