HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Kulemin to Pittsburgh

Old
07-10-2012, 12:39 PM
TorstenFrings
Co-Trainer

vCash: 500
Gonna guess that Kulemin's worth right now is still higher than the package in the OP. Although it's probably a lot close to the OP than to a first line center.

Then again, I am so not on the Malkin/Kulemin bandwaggon.

TorstenFrings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 12:43 PM
domaug*
Flahr Pahr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Baigle View Post
Maybe for an Upgrade in net. Yeah, I'm talking Marc-Andre Fleury.

Kulemin + Reimer + 2013 first for Fleury.

Maybe it should be more, since he was first overall or whatever, but his value should be pretty since he hasn't gone about 0.900 in the playoffs for three seasons and his so-so regular seasons.
i pass. the Pens are in no position to downgrade in their biggest question mark position. Vokoun won't be there long and he's certainly not going to be the starter with Fleury in goal. Reimer won't do any better than what Vokoun can provide.

domaug* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 01:46 PM
7even
Go on, do your duty

Kulemin is worth more to Toronto than any other team will ostensibly compensate them for, and rightly so.

7even is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 01:53 PM
SEALBound
RIP Elmer

Straight swap of Kennedy for Kuleman if he arb comes back too high.

SEALBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 02:04 PM
TOGuy14

Kulemin is currently our #2 RW with nobody behind him ready to step up, he is likely not available unless we have someone equal or greater coming back by some form whether it is by trade or UFA (Semin?)

MacArthur is the one who is available because he became redundant with the acquisition of JVR.

TOGuy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 02:26 PM
Riptide

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEALBound View Post
How does that work... TO has some time to decide after they find out what the number is... can they trade him after they hear the number?

Not that I think it matters... He had a poor season and likely won't get a raise. Even if he did somehow (say 3m) the Leafs have the cap space to absorb it.

Riptide is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 02:29 PM
number72

Kulemin+Komisarek+Gysbers for Bennett +Dumoulin+Lovejoy

number72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 02:37 PM
QMJHLfollower
Heart and soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by number72 View Post
I'd do it for sure. Penguins wouldn't.

Last edited by QMJHLfollower: 07-10-2012 at 09:01 PM.
QMJHLfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 02:55 PM
Bishop7979

Quote:
Yeah, that would get Burke hung up on if he offered that deal to the pens...

two top prospects and a #7 defender for a defender who no team would take even if it would save the life of a sick child, a minor league defender who is a "project" and sounds at best like M.A Gragnani and Kulemin, who had one really good year, once...

but really his career pts per game is .50, you know who has a career pts per game of .48? Tyler Kennedy.

Im sorry but after seeing poni and antropov "blossom" once they left toronto call me skeptical that Kulemin is really the answer to the pens needs.

But I mean if you want TK I'd be happy to take Kadri and Blacker off your hands, I wont even dump a worthless defender in your lap, I'll go easy on you and just take the prospects.

Bishop7979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 03:01 PM
Jerkini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop7979 View Post
Im sorry but after seeing poni and antropov "blossom" once they left toronto call me skeptical that Kulemin is really the answer to the pens needs.
Antropov and Poni are perfect examples why giving up on Kulemin for a bunch of plugs is a terrible idea.

They were two players Toronto shouldn't have given up on. They spent entirely too much time trying to replace them, Antropov especially, and plummeted in the standings.

Jerkini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 03:11 PM
Anderson55

Quote:

two top prospects and a #7 defender for a defender who no team would take even if it would save the life of a sick child, a minor league defender who is a "project" and sounds at best like M.A Gragnani and Kulemin, who had one really good year, once...

but really his career pts per game is .50, you know who has a career pts per game of .48? Tyler Kennedy.

But I mean if you want TK I'd be happy to take Kadri and Blacker off your hands, I wont even dump a worthless defender in your lap, I'll go easy on you and just take the prospects.

Outside of being russian wingers who played for the leafs at one time, they are not very good comparables. As a pens fan i was so upset that they traded for the POS Poni, hes a third liner pushed into a top 6 due to nothing else being there. Nik Antropov is a good player on a bad team.
Kulemin is faster, better scorer, tougher, just as good if not better defensively. Im and always was anti poni, but very pro kuli to the pens.

Anderson55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 03:12 PM
Anderson55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerkini View Post
Antropov and Poni are perfect examples why giving up on Kulemin for a bunch of plugs is a terrible idea.

They were two players Toronto shouldn't have given up on. They spent entirely too much time trying to replace them, Antropov especially, and plummeted in the standings.
You dont need to replace crappy players such as antroplug and poni, u sell them at their highest value and walk away happy. Too bad burke messed that up with the poni trade

Poni was lucky to to find an NHL job this year.

Antropov wouldnt see as much ice time in top 6 and PP time if he was ever on a descent team.

Last edited by Anderson55: 07-10-2012 at 03:21 PM.
Anderson55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 03:12 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerkini View Post

You're team would of sucked just as badly with them in the line-up.

Poni - 57 points in 2 and a quarter seasons
Antropov - 41 points and 35 points last 2 seasons

Hardly bust out seasons.

Frozenice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 08:56 PM
number72

Quote:

The Pens get the best player in the package
The leafs get the best potential upside.

Most deals I saw were lopsided...in this one both teams win and both lose.

Old
07-10-2012, 09:00 PM
Tyler Biggs*
Go Leafs Go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEALBound View Post
Pass from Leafs. Pens get the better player of the 2 in this deal.

Tyler Biggs* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 09:19 PM
Left Of The Dial

Quote:
The Pens get the best player in the package
The leafs get the best potential upside.

Most deals I saw were lopsided...in this one both teams win and both lose.
There's a hell of a lot more value in the potential upside than there is in the borderline top-6 winger that is technically the best player in the deal. And that's without mentioning the waste of space that is Mike Komisarek and his contract.

Paul Martin is a better player than Morgan Rielly, but as a Leafs fan I'd imagine you wouldn't want the best player in that swap, right?

Left Of The Dial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 10:17 PM
number72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Of The Dial View Post
There's a hell of a lot more value in the potential upside than there is in the borderline top-6 winger that is technically the best player in the deal. And that's without mentioning the waste of space that is Mike Komisarek and his contract.

Paul Martin is a better player than Morgan Rielly, but as a Leafs fan I'd imagine you wouldn't want the best player in that swap, right?
Leafs need a 1C, goalie and general size.
Penguins need wingers and perhaps an upgrade on defence.

This trade does nothing for the leafs (they actually get smaller) but fills a need for Penguins on the wing. Maybe there is not a trade fit here.