HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Summer 2012 Free Agency: The 7 Signs of Semyonka (Part the 12th)

Closed Thread

Old
07-12-2012, 12:26 PM
Mordax
Abso-Buc'n-lutely

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag68Sid87 View Post
And I know Edmonton wants him. He's from there and they would LOVE to get him (after NOT drafting him in 1995 when the entire crowd was chanting Doan's name when the Oilers picked sixth overall...they chose Steve Kelly).

ouch...

Old
07-12-2012, 12:29 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by DegenX View Post
Also did a Twitter search for any Sasha news. Only thing new is a report of Sasha and his agent being (physically) in New Jersey from some random guy. Checked with credible accounts associated with the Devils and couldn't find anything. So, he may or may not be in the states.
you'd find more results if you stopped searching for #Syomin

Old
07-12-2012, 12:39 PM
Crafton
Liver-Eating Johnson

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogrezilla View Post
won't you let old wounds heal

Old
07-12-2012, 12:54 PM
DegenX
#FireMorehouse

Quote:

Old
07-12-2012, 01:06 PM
Von Malkin*

Im sure Doans kids are in college by now so it shouldn't really matter what city he signs in. (relax I'm kidding)

I predict he will sign with Vancouver, San Jose or Los Angeles. All great cities with very good teams. La seems like it would be perfect for him, great climate, good team, close to PHX.

Old
07-12-2012, 01:14 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
You Suck McBain!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
It's not the religious part that people have spoken out about. It's the fear that he'll preach his religion. Now personally I don't see it. To many different players/staff with their own lives to really preach. Plus I've never heard anyone ***** about that regarding Doan. Nor has he come across this way any interview I've seen.
You have to wonder about people who fear a player will be a preachy nuisance based on nothing but the fact that he's religious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Jiggyfly View Post
Just weird that so many people wanted AK in Feb, now he can be had without giving up any assets and no one is even mentioning him.
People always focus on the best options available at the time.

Old
07-12-2012, 01:16 PM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

Don't understand why those arbitration dates are at the end of the month. Surely, it'd make more sense to get it sorted out sooner?

Players on that list that I wouldn't mind if they went to UFA next year. Or we could offer sheet;

Mark Fistric
Nikolai Kulemin
T.J Oshie

Old
07-12-2012, 01:21 PM
SEALBound

Hard to imagine that Doan would sign with a Pacific rival for 3-4 years and then retire with them. To me that's more of a case to sign in the East. Play the coyotes once a year...gets to chase the cup ala Bourque

Old
07-12-2012, 01:22 PM
Mr Jiggyfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy Roddy Peeper View Post
People always focus on the best options available at the time.
I don't talk to Internet nerds... Hurts my street cred.... Sorry playboy.

Old
07-12-2012, 01:23 PM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEALBound View Post
Hard to imagine that Doan would sign with a Pacific rival for 3-4 years and then retire with them. To me that's more of a case to sign in the East. Play the coyotes once a year...gets to chase the cup ala Bourque
Or ala Lanny McDonald.

Old
07-12-2012, 01:24 PM
AgentM

A fine gentleman named roready on the main board provided me with this text from an article that was blocked to me on the main boards Doan thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by roready View Post
Here is the info:
There is no deadline for Phoenix Coyotes captain Shane Doan to wait on his team’s future in Arizona before deciding which team the unrestricted free agent will join, according to Doan’s agent, Terry Bross.

While Doan had initially given a July 9 deadline, and then a July 16 deadline, awaiting clarity on a deal to keep the only franchise the veteran has ever played for in Phoenix, Bross told USA Today that the idea of waiting until Monday is now off the table.

There is still no certainty whether potential Coyotes owner Greg Jamison will be successful in his bid to take hold of the team and keep it in the desert.

"There is no relevance to the July 16th date for us," Bross told the paper on Wednesday. "We are getting to the point where it is going to be decision-making time."

Bross, who has been quoted frequently in the last week discussing the growing NHL interest in his 35-year-old client, said that 16 teams – more than half of the league – have made inquiries regarding Doan and that “four or five” have submitted formal offers.

Phoenix Sports 620 KTAR radio host John Gambadoro tweeted that three of those four or five teams are the Los Angeles Kings, San Jose Sharks and Vancouver Canucks, in that order.

“It’s crazy to think about, given all the bad blood in the playoffs,” Kings defenceman Drew Doughty told MayorsManor.com. “But, that’s playoff hockey. You’re going to play as hard as you can and do anything you can to win. He wanted it just as bad as everyone on our team did. To possibly have him on our team would be great. He’s been a great player in the league for so long, he’s a leader on and off the ice, just a great guy to have in the room.”

Although he is fielding offers, Doan has not yet ruled out a return to the Coyotes.

Old
07-12-2012, 01:25 PM
Rocket of Russia
Defender of Tang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don'tcry4mejanhrdina View Post
People seriously care about the fact that Doan is religious? Really? Would people say on this board they wouldn't want him if he was Jewish? Who cares? Hockey players can curse and swear like sailors on the ice and nobody even pays attention to it but a player mentioning their faith in public and it automatically makes a bunch of weiners uncomfortable.

The guy can flat out play hockey, that's all I care about as a fan. Extremely unlikely that he signs here though which is too bad, he'd be a great fit next to Crosby.
You’re taking this somewhere it never was. The answer is “no” to your first question so there’s no need to follow it up with a rant. To keep from getting into a back-and-forth off any topic, I’ll just leave it at that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ominous Grey View Post
He would be Sid's winger. Just think about that for a second.
I have, believe me. Too much in fact.

Quote:
I hate to be that guy, but I just cannot, in any conceivable universe, see it happening.
You’ve got a pretty narrow view of the universe if a free agent signing to one of the thirty NHL teams seems so outrageous. The Penguins have just as much chance to get him as anyone else…even if you think their “system” can’t find room for him.

Quote:
Even if it does, it would be a total failure. Not because Semin is a bad player, but because our system does not allow for a player of his ilk to succeed. (perimeter, flashy, no checking) I understand the appeal, but I think it's time to let the dream die.
Maybe it’s time to tweak the system; something that would already be rather beneficial. Maybe a little skill insert wouldn’t hurt. A little more Eric Tangradi, a little less Craig Adams. And it’s not like a line of Semin-Crosby-Dupuis wouldn’t be skating hard, back-checking, or working for pucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded-Fan View Post
In all seriousness though, Dupuis - Crosby - Semin is certainly a line that would work. Semin is not as bad a floater as he gets made out to be, and the real grit on that line would come from Dupuis, secondarily with Crosby. If Semin can just get open, use his creativity and that booming shot when Crosby gets him the puck, I doubt even Bylsma will complain. He does not have to carry a team, if you keep the expectations what I said above, pot a nice number of goals on Crosby's line, then no one will be upset with him, including Bylsma.
Yeah, what this guy said.

Quote:
I don't doubt he would produce. But he would be benched for some reason or another, eventually.
I’m kinda scratching my head here. He would produce but eventually he wouldn’t?

Quote:
And Semin completely trash-talked Sid in open media not long ago. Is he really itching to come here? Is Sid really itching to have Semin on the team?
You take that way too seriously. Evander Kane cold-cocked Cooke brutally. It doesn’t mean that Kane wouldn’t be a welcomed addition to the team.

Quote:
And Max Talbot got in fist fights with several members of the Flyers. As did Aaron Asham with the Isles, then with Philly, then with us and now with the Rangers. These guys are professionals. Even Bylsma pretty much dismissed that idea.
Right, what this guy said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimper View Post
Don't understand why those arbitration dates are at the end of the month. Surely, it'd make more sense to get it sorted out sooner?

Players on that list that I wouldn't mind if they went to UFA next year. Or we could offer sheet;

Mark Fistric
Nikolai Kulemin
T.J Oshie
Swooning…

I can't wait for my Semin dream to die. Then it'll quickly turn to, "well Neal-Malkin-Kulemin and Kunitz-Crosby-Oshie would be pretty solid!"

Old
07-12-2012, 01:26 PM
Antaris
Totally Trustworthy

Haven't seen it mentioned yet

Jesse Spector ‏@jessespector
Vastly underpaid, given general awesomeness level. RT @reallisa: The Teemu Selanne contract: 1 yr. $4.5 million

lisa dillman ‏@reallisa
The Teemu Selanne contract: 1 yr. $4.5 million
Retweeted by JoshuaCooper

Eric Stephens ‏@icemancometh
#NHLDucks announce that Teemu Selanne has signed a one-year deal.

The man is a beast.

Old
07-12-2012, 01:27 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
You Suck McBain!

Quote:
I don't talk to Internet nerds... Hurts my street cred.... Sorry playboy.

Old
07-12-2012, 01:35 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
this may be the best picture response I've ever seen.

bravo

Old
07-12-2012, 01:38 PM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

Selanne at $4.5m is a steal.

Old
07-12-2012, 01:40 PM
Shady Machine

"great guy to have in the room"? I thought Doan was a locker room cancer. Oh wait...

Old
07-12-2012, 01:42 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady Machine View Post
"great guy to have in the room"? I thought Doan was a locker room cancer. Oh wait...
Doan and Brown don't like each-other. no way they could play together.

Old
07-12-2012, 01:47 PM
Mr Jiggyfly

Quote:

Old
07-12-2012, 02:01 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
You Suck McBain!

Quote:
this may be the best picture response I've ever seen.

bravo
Quote:

Old
07-12-2012, 02:02 PM
rmartin65

Thinking outside the box here a bit...

I think Dwight King is a RFA. Could/should the Pens offer him a contract? Big player, plays big as well, and had a heck of a playoffs.

Old
07-12-2012, 02:10 PM
MrBurgundy*
Time to move forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
Thinking outside the box here a bit...

I think Dwight King is a RFA. Could/should the Pens offer him a contract? Big player, plays big as well, and had a heck of a playoffs.
Why wouldn't the Kings just match it?

Old
07-12-2012, 02:13 PM
Antaris
Totally Trustworthy

Yeah, no chance we're getting King. They're mighty big on him. He's turning into what we're hoping Tangradi will be turning into eventually.

Old
07-12-2012, 02:17 PM
MrBurgundy*
Time to move forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antaris View Post
Yeah, no chance we're getting King. They're mighty big on him. He's turning into what we're hoping Tangradi will be turning into eventually.
Yeah, all that needs to be done now is to actually give Tangradi that chance and see if he sinks or swims.

Old
07-12-2012, 02:34 PM
Mr Jiggyfly

Quote:

Closed Thread