HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Summer 2012 Free Agency: The 7 Signs of Semyonka (Part the 12th)

Closed Thread

Old
07-13-2012, 03:33 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancellor Vitale View Post
Yah I realized that after I posted that someone might think I was confusing him with a jr player, but didn't change it because I don't think the number of games will be that different unless he rips it up. He'll get a taste then be sent to WBS.
I doubt he gets any until someone is on IR at least. We aren't going to waive somebody to give Bennett a cup of coffee.

Old
07-13-2012, 03:35 PM
Warm Cookies
The Dynamic Duo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
Unfortunately that city has changed a lot over the last 17 years - and not exactly for the better. I could see them offering the money, but I don't see Doan going there. If he's going to leave the Yotes, I don't see him going to a team that isn't a contender.
I live an hour outside Winnipeg...it really hasn't deteriorated in any sense. I'm not trying to sell the city as any sort of high-culture metropolis, but it wasn't back in the mid-'90s either. The facilities Doan would see on a day-to-day basis would be about a million times better than when he left, I can guarantee that.

I don't see him signing in Winnipeg either for the reasons you mention, but I understand how it would make sense for the Jets to hugely overpay to try and lure him there.

Old
07-13-2012, 03:46 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Best signing of the off-season so far
Quote:
ROOT SPORTS also announced today the addition of award winning hockey director, John Szpala, as the new Director of Penguins broadcasts on ROOT SPORTS starting this fall. Before coming to Pittsburgh, Szpala, a native of Brantford, Ontario, spent 16 years directing Hockey Night in Canada, as well as directing the Ottawa Senators games on Rogers Sportsnet.
http://pittsburgh.rootsports.com/Vie...CLID=205502005

Old
07-13-2012, 03:49 PM
cassius

Maybe he can direct Steiggy and Errey not to be complete morons 99.999999% of the time and actually call the action on the ice.

I'm sorry but those guys are just awful and downright unprofessional..... Steiggy uses his position as a platform to tell a continual steam of lame jokes and nonsensical stories throughout each game. Most of the time he's so busy telling these lame jokes that he misses goal calls or key action on the ice.

Errey - the guy is just nuts. He makes some of the characters in One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest seem sane.

Old
07-13-2012, 03:52 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassius View Post
Maybe he can direct Steiggy and Errey not to be complete morons 99.999999% of the time and actually call the action on the ice.

I'm sorry but those guys are just awful and downright unprofessional..... Steiggy uses his position as a platform to tell a continual steam of lame jokes and nonsensical stories throughout each game. Most of the time he's so busy telling these lame jokes that he misses goal calls or key action on the ice.

Errey - the guy is just nuts. He makes some of the characters in One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest seem sane.
That's Steiggy's job. I don't know what people think Errey should do to fix it. He does his job and he does it well. Sure he's goofy but that doesn't mean he doesn't do a good job as a color guy.

Old
07-13-2012, 03:57 PM
Blitzburgh87*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogrezilla View Post

Very nice. Pens organization gets even classier.

Old
07-13-2012, 04:00 PM
cassius

Quote:
That's Steiggy's job. I don't know what people think Errey should do to fix it. He does his job and he does it well. Sure he's goofy but that doesn't mean he doesn't do a good job as a color guy.
Errey is ok... he is just a total wacko, haha. Some of the stuff that comes out of that guys mouth.... smh.

Old
07-13-2012, 04:04 PM
Fordy
the kid signify

I've grown to love Errey, but no amount of wrangling will fix Steiggy.

Old
07-13-2012, 04:14 PM
BustaKapanen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordy View Post
I've grown to love Errey, but no amount of wrangling will fix Steiggy.
Errey is definately a cook. But I love the dude. He actually has a lot of good insight. He just delivers it alil odd. Have you ever seen him on nhl network? He tries to not be a homer but you know where his heart is. However I seem to think when he's on the panel in a more toned down manor. He actually knows more about the league as a whole than most the regulars.

Old
07-13-2012, 04:17 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87isgod View Post
Errey is definately a cook. But I love the dude. He actually has a lot of good insight. He just delivers it alil odd. Have you ever seen him on nhl network? He tries to not be a homer but you know where his heart is. However I seem to think when he's on the panel in a more toned down manor. He actually knows more about the league as a whole than most the regulars.
he definitely knows what he's talking about and he does give credit to other teams. He's a homer, but not a blind homer. He is clearly rooting for the Penguins and he doesn't hide that fact, but he will call out bad plays from our guys and bad calls that go in our favor.

Old
07-13-2012, 04:22 PM
BustaKapanen

Totally off topic. But you ever catch during the broadcast. Steiggy wants to talk about erreys playing days more than errey does. That's always hilarious to me when steiggy references something from then and u can't hear a pause then steiggy will ask another question about it forceing bibs to answer. I dunno I chuckle to myself its like steiggy living vicariously through him.

Old
07-13-2012, 04:23 PM
Antaris
Totally Trustworthy

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger
Jets sign Wellwood. 1 year, $1.6 mil.

NHL Expert Picks ‏@NHLexpertpicks
The Anaheim Ducks have re-signed center Nick Bonino to a two-year, $1.4 million deal, avoiding arbitration

Anaheim Ducks ‏@AnaheimDucks
#NHLDucks sign first-round pick D Hampus Lindholm to three-year entry-level contract. http://*******/LlGeK5

Dallas Stars have re-signed D Maxime Fortunus to a 1 year, 2 way contract.

Montreal Canadiens avoid arbitration with D Raphael Diaz and have signed him to a 2 year, $2.45 million dollar contract.

Buffalo Sabres have signed first round pick Zemgus Gigensons to a 3 year, entry-level contract.

Old
07-13-2012, 05:01 PM
Jacob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antaris View Post

Montreal Canadiens avoid arbitration with D Raphael Diaz and have signed him to a 2 year, $2.45 million dollar contract.
Hahah.

Old
07-13-2012, 05:19 PM
Chiquito

Hoy about trading Paul Martín and his 5 million dollar contract to Minnesota for Dany Heatly and his 7.5 million dollar hit? It gives the penguins that sniper and Minnesota some defensive depth.

Old
07-13-2012, 05:19 PM
Uemoda
Formerly OminousGrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmelm View Post
You don't get it. There's a big difference between having a high skill level and high upside vs. being NHL ready. Bennett will wow people with his skill, but so has Bleuger -- is TB in cosnderation for a top-6 role?

I don't think Bennett is far away and he is certainly ready to make the step to pro, and based on the training & conditioning he has done, I expect him to be a high-impact player in WBS. But Shero & Co. are not going to hand a spot to a rookie by default, just because we don't have someone else. And the Pens have already shown they are not shy to send players down despite their skills and how good they were in camp (see Morrow, Despres).
TB is fresh off the draft board. Bennett is 20, not 18.

I think there is a legitimate shot Shero wants to take a page from the Read/Couturier playbook which helped jettison us from the playoffs. Rookies don't always need that much time. I think that Chancellor's assessment is about right - he earns a spot and then gets sent down to WBS for more seasoning. I honestly am not sure, but if am Bennett, I'm salivating at this opportunity. It's his for the taking, and Tangradi's for the losing.

I was so glad when someone said that Tangradi bit. I mean, he's not amazing, but MacIntyre? Holy hell. Took a lot of the heat away from me.

I just get excited about our prospects. I really feel confident in our group of players, although Bennett is the most "boom or bust" of them all. I'm trying to be overly optimistic, for once.

Old
07-13-2012, 05:20 PM
Riptide

Quote:
he definitely knows what he's talking about and he does give credit to other teams. He's a homer, but not a blind homer. He is clearly rooting for the Penguins and he doesn't hide that fact, but he will call out bad plays from our guys and bad calls that go in our favor.
In addition to this, they'll actually talk about some of the other teams players from time to time. It's not all 100% pens 100% of the time.

Old
07-13-2012, 05:25 PM
Darth Vitale
Dark Matter

Quote:

Praise Jesus... please please PLEASE let this guy teach Steigy and Errey how to do their job less like retards.

Old
07-13-2012, 05:33 PM
Blitzburgh87*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWTBoonies View Post
Hoy about trading Paul Martín and his 5 million dollar contract to Minnesota for Dany Heatly and his 7.5 million dollar hit? It gives the penguins that sniper and Minnesota some defensive depth.
No thanks. Then how do we replace Martin?

Old
07-13-2012, 06:19 PM
KaylaJ
I like stories

The scary part about that Doan tweet is it comes from the guy who broke the Nash to the Lakers news. And when I say scary, I mean beyond the cap hit for a 35+ player.

Old
07-13-2012, 06:41 PM
Riptide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzburgh87 View Post
I'd probably do that. We would have to trade for another D though to take Martin's place.

Old
07-13-2012, 07:09 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWTBoonies View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzburgh87 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
I'd probably do that. We would have to trade for another D though to take Martin's place.
of course you ****in do it, dany ****in heatley is a ****in all star.

Old
07-13-2012, 07:26 PM
jdc147
Black & Gold!

Eklund has reported that it wasn't the Flyers offering Doan that contract. IMO, i'd say it was the Rangers.

Old
07-13-2012, 07:35 PM
MrBurghundy
Relax

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdc147 View Post
Eklund has reported that it wasn't the Flyers offering Doan that contract. IMO, i'd say it was the Rangers.
IMO I'd say don't listen to a ****ing thing that Eklund says.

Old
07-13-2012, 07:35 PM
WhatsaMaatta

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdc147 View Post
It as to be a team like the Islanders or Panthers. No way a competitive team offers that outside off maybe Philly.

Old
07-13-2012, 07:36 PM
Crafton
Liver-Eating Johnson

vCash: 50
Quote:
of course you ****in do it, dany ****in heatley is a ****in all star.
all star or not you don't want him anywhere near your pandora's box. he's liable to get reckless.

Closed Thread