HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Summer 2012 Free Agency: The 7 Signs of Semyonka (Part the 12th)

Closed Thread

Old
07-10-2012, 07:25 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC24 View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if two of those players are not even Pens in 2015.
Agreed. My point was, if Morrow, Despres or Domoulin aren't in our top 6 D by then its because they have been traded,not because they are in WBS.

Old
07-10-2012, 07:34 PM
redsono93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funk311 View Post
Inginla has been tearing up the Puerto Rican roller hockey leagues and has sick dangles.

Malikin is a Malik - Malkin Hybrid. Its tall, fast, lanky, and speaks incredibly odd english.
Hey at least my typos make you guys laugh lol Thats what happens when you send a message on your phone
I just want Semin and Doan and call it quits till the deadline. Is it possible to get both? Would Martin have to be moved if we did get both? If Martin is moved who is a cheaper defensmen we could target in his place? Thanks as always!!!

Old
07-10-2012, 07:34 PM
Crozbar

Sorry if this is a rehash, but bleacher report quoting the Toronto Sun and Sportsnet as saying Semin is very close to becoming a Penguin.

I see Hf doesn't like bleacher report or tiny url lol.. so I dunno how to post link ..

here's the Toronto Sun one ..

http://www.torontosun.com/2012/07/10...idering-offers

Old
07-10-2012, 07:36 PM
AgentM

Red Pandas Tweet?!?! Why isn't he keeping us up to date on Semin and Doan activity then???

Quote:
Behavior

Red pandas are territorial. Adults are solitary except during mating season. They are generally quiet except for some twittering, tweeting, and whistling communication sounds.

Old
07-10-2012, 07:39 PM
AgentM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crozbar View Post
Sorry if this is a rehash, but bleacher report quoting the Toronto Sun and Sportsnet as saying Semin is very close to becoming a Penguin.

I see Hf doesn't like bleacher report or tiny url lol.. so I dunno how to post link ..
Thanks, but that rumor has been debunked today.

If you want to post a link click on the 'Insert Link' button - it looks like a little planet with a chain link underneath it and then paste the website path there!

Old
07-10-2012, 07:39 PM
SEALBound

I'd quite honestly be comfortable with a 3yr $15mil offer to Doan.

Old
07-10-2012, 07:42 PM
wej20

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentM View Post
Red Pandas Tweet?!?! Why isn't he keeping us up to date on Semin and Doan activity then???

, and they can stand-up is there anything they can't do.

Old
07-10-2012, 07:45 PM
Crozbar

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentM View Post
Thanks, but that rumor has been debunked today.

If you want to post a link click on the 'Insert Link' button - it looks like a little planet with a chain link underneath it and then paste the website path there!
Ah I see, my apologies. BR just sent this out an hour ago. I guess there's a reason people do not care for BR. :p

Old
07-10-2012, 07:48 PM
Biz Nasty
Cooke 4 Lady Byng

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEALBound View Post
I'd quite honestly be comfortable with a 3yr $15mil offer to Doan.
Is Joe Nieuwendyk our new GM?

Yeah, there's no way we offer Doan anything beyond 1 year. I could honestly see him take a 1 year deal to play with a contender in the East and if Phoenix is still standing in 2013-2014, he goes back for a year to finish up.

Old
07-10-2012, 07:50 PM
SaturdayNightSlegr

I doubt doan or semin is coming here. Sure shero will make them offers, but they'll be on the pens terms (I.e. low ball, short term), which they'll reject. The team will move forward with what they have, hopefully making a major splash at the deadline and/or entering the weber/perry sweepstakes next summer.

Old
07-10-2012, 08:03 PM
Riptide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biz Nasty View Post

Yeah, there's no way we offer Doan anything beyond 1 year. I could honestly see him take a 1 year deal to play with a contender in the East and if Phoenix is still standing in 2013-2014, he goes back for a year to finish up.
Doan turns 36 in Oct. He's not over the hill by any means. There's no way we'll get him unless it's a 2-3 year deal. And honestly it wouldn't bother me to give him a 3 yr deal, as long as the cap hit is reasonable. Otherwise a 2 yr deal wouldn't be the end of the world.

Old
07-10-2012, 08:08 PM
Biz Nasty
Cooke 4 Lady Byng

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
Doan turns 36 in Oct. He's not over the hill by any means. There's no way we'll get him unless it's a 2-3 year deal. And honestly it wouldn't bother me to give him a 3 yr deal, as long as the cap hit is reasonable. Otherwise a 2 yr deal wouldn't be the end of the world.
If he's looking for that kind of commitment, he won't be a Pittsburgh Penguin.

Old
07-10-2012, 08:12 PM
KGpens

Quote:

Don't even bother making an offer to Doan if you're only going to go 1 year. He's going to be 35 in a few months, not 45. I have no problem going 3 years $15mill for Doan. He will score 20-25 and put up 50-60 points all 3 years of the contract too.

His game has not fallen off. Additionally he provides veteran leadership and grit. Doan would be a tremendous addition to the club.

To offer a 1 year deal is a complete waste of time...

Old
07-10-2012, 08:15 PM
KGpens

Quote:
If he's looking for that kind of commitment, he won't be a Pittsburgh Penguin.
This group of UFA's has shown that many players don't really care....it's all about the right situation and the right money. You can't be half in when it comes to making offers to top UFA's. You're either in or you're out...

Old
07-10-2012, 08:16 PM
Ragamuffin Gunner
Lost in The Flood

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEALBound View Post
I think Shero will salvage the season.

The only think I really hope is that we don't end up regretting not nabbing Forsberg or Grigs. A top notch forward prospect would do us wonders right now.

Please bring in Doan and Semin Shero! Please!
Same.

Everyone was fine with missing out on those studs because they assumed we'd sign ZP and it wouldn't matter. Not that we missed him we need to sign Semin and/or Doan to make up for out lack of O depth and almost no O prospects.

Old
07-10-2012, 08:25 PM
Rocket of Russia
Defender of Tang

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaturdayNightSlegr View Post
I doubt doan or semin is coming here. Sure shero will make them offers, but they'll be on the pens terms (I.e. low ball, short term), which they'll reject. The team will move forward with what they have, hopefully making a major splash at the deadline and/or entering the weber/perry sweepstakes next summer.
This is unfortunately most likely the case.

Old
07-10-2012, 08:27 PM
Hophog

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaturdayNightSlegr View Post
I tend to agree with this. For a lot of good reasons (as much as it sucks during these summer doldrums) the Pens will never be throwing around enough crazy money and term to land any players who happen to be the best free agent available at any given time. There will always be some nimrod gm that is willing to overpay, or in other words, take more risk than Shero. I think that's a good thing, to a certain extent, but sometimes I think you can play it a little too safe.

I'm not a big fan of getting excited about us being involved in any sweepstakes next summer or anytime in the near future for that reason. We're better off targeting a guy that's a little off the radar and sucking up to him while everyone else is slobbering over the bigger fish. IMO.

Old
07-10-2012, 08:28 PM
SirBrad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crozbar View Post

here's the Toronto Sun one ..

http://www.torontosun.com/2012/07/10...idering-offers
Damn this Semin story is turning legendary. Next thing you know Fox News and CNN will be reporting it.

Old
07-10-2012, 08:30 PM
clefty
What?

Quote:
Since one Canadian outlet picked it up, let me counter here: The Penguins and Alexander Semin, the free-agent winger, absolutely have NOT reached any kind of agreement. Dan Bylsma did bring up Semin's name today in talking to us up at Consol. He also mentioned Shane Doan. But I can tell you unequivocally that the Penguins have no agreement in place with any free-agent winger right now. Doesn't sound like they're close, either.
--Dejan

Old
07-10-2012, 08:40 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragamuffin Gunner View Post
Same.

Everyone was fine with missing out on those studs because they assumed we'd sign ZP and it wouldn't matter. Not that we missed him we need to sign Semin and/or Doan to make up for out lack of O depth and almost no O prospects.
drafting a forward would have had absolutely no effect on our current situation. zero. none.

Old
07-10-2012, 08:44 PM
Sivek

I think it's at the point where Semin is going to wake up one day and think he already signed with the Pens. He's just going to show up at training camp and since his signing has been confirmed so many times over, no one is going to think twice about him being there. Shero will be confused but just pass him off as Anton Zlobin.

Old
07-10-2012, 08:48 PM
Hophog

Quote:
Originally Posted by clefty View Post
--Dejan
Definitely more fun to see the same Russian version be regurgitated by a thousand different newsrooms than it is to read the truth that nothing is happening or even close to happening. Pretty much confirms what most of us suspected but were hoping against.

Gee thanks for the sobering reality.

Maybe someone will post another unlikely rumor soon so I get back to getting my hopes unrealistically high again. Come on people. Don't let me down. Someone has to be able to find an inkling of something out there burried in some obscure Russian site to fill my void

Although Semin's agent has said that he'd like to play with either Crosby or Malkin. I'll take that as a sure sign that he's coming

Old
07-10-2012, 08:51 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by hophog View Post
Definitely more fun to see the same Russian version be regurgitated by a thousand different newsrooms than it is to read the truth that nothing is happening or even close to happening. Pretty much confirms what most of us suspected but were hoping against.

Gee thanks for the sobering reality.

Maybe someone will post another unlikely rumor soon so I get back to getting my hopes unrealistically high again. Come on people. Don't let me down. Someone has to be able to find an inkling of something out there burried in some obscure Russian site to fill my void

Although Semin's agent has said that he'd like to play with either Crosby or Malkin. I'll take that as a sure sign that he's coming
Hearing unconfirmed rumors that Joe Pavelski and Joe Thornton asking for trades. Only willing to talk extension with Pittsburgh to join Joe Vitale and Joe Morrow revolutionize the sport with their "Hockey to the Power of Joe ™" campaign. #Hockey^Joe

Old
07-10-2012, 08:59 PM
Shady Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogrezilla View Post
Hearing unconfirmed rumors that Joe Pavelski and Joe Thornton asking for trades. Only willing to talk extension with Pittsburgh to join Joe Vitale and Joe Morrow revolutionize the sport with their "Hockey to the Power of Joe ™" campaign. #Hockey^Joe
This definitely seems reasonable. We just need one more Joe dmen and we can run the Joe line. We should see if Jose Theodore wants to sign as well.

Old
07-10-2012, 09:02 PM
HuskerTornado
Waiting for October

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogrezilla View Post
@DaReelHokeyInsidaa

Closed Thread