HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

Pierre Gauthier hired as Director of Player Personnel

Old
07-10-2012, 04:07 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

vCash: 500
I feel bad for you Blackhawk fans.

Gauthier is the director of player personnel? So i take this as it's his responsibility to develop them?
Most sane Montreal fans put Gauthier right up there with manure,he was awful ,and former Habs players confirm it .

Hal Gill said recently :

Quote:
The prevailing sentiment is that the Canadiens have turned an important corner in their rebuilding with the hiring of Marc Bergevin as general manager to replace Pierre Gauthier. The Gauthier era was confounding, to say the least. What was your take on it?

(Almost 15 minutes of Gill’s reply was off the record. What follows was on the record.)

I think the way Pierre ran the team is what they’d teach you in business school about managing people. I think he went by the book, that that was kinda the funny thing (given the nature of a hockey team). … I’d ask Pierre every day why we had to do things a certain way, kinda have fun with it. But he didn’t mix very well with the team so communication was different. He’s a different person.

In Nashville, I’d go to (GM) David Poile, who’s the nicest man, so up front, and he’d say, “We’re all in this together, what should we do? Do you have any ideas? Do you think we handled this situation right?” It was a different world. I think Bergevin is going to be great. I don’t know his track record after his playing days, but as a player he was a first-rate beauty, a clown. … I think it’s going the right way in Montreal. I hope it is.

Last edited by Habaneros: 07-10-2012 at 04:19 PM.
Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 04:18 PM
ndgt10

Lol. All the good people leave the FO after Bowman comes in, now we hired this guy? Lmao!

ndgt10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 04:26 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teemu View Post
Such a BS article

The sources in Mon all came forward after he was fired

No surprise Montreal Media looked to shift blame off Hab legend and well liked Gainey onto Gauthier

Gainey's daughter died in 2006 ,, This claim that Gainey had stepped back 3 years is just garbage

Gainey took over coaching Habs that year as well ,,

For a guy who "Checked Out" he sure did alot of stuff. He also remained GM until 2010

Simple reality is Gauthier has horrid reputation for dealing with media , etc and the Montreal fans/Media all want to put all blame for every wrong on him

Just simple reality that Montreal Media/Fans are rewritting the worst trade in there teams recent history to move all the blame off beloved Hab Legend

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 04:30 PM
madgoat33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Such a BS article

No surprise Montreal Media looked to shift blame off Hab legend and well liked Gainey onto Gauthier

Gainey's daughter died in 2006 ,, This claim that Gainey had stepped back 3 years is just garbage

For a guy who "Checked Out" he sure did alot of stuff. He also remained GM until 2010

Simple reality is Gauthier has horrid reputation for dealing with media , etc and the Montreal fans/Media all want to put all blame for every wrong on him

Just simple reality that Montreal Media/Fans are rewritting the worst trade in there teams recent history to move all the blame off beloved Hab Legend
Besides, at the end of the day, GM still has final say.

madgoat33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Such a BS article

Hal Gill said this after he left town , and i put a lot of stock into what Gill said is true.Now you guys got Pierre in charge of developing your players? , when Hal Gill says

Quote:
I’d ask Pierre every day why we had to do things a certain way, kinda have fun with it. But he didn’t mix very well with the team so communication was different. He’s a different person.

Old
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

Also Gauthier's history isn't all that bad when it comes to actual evaluation of NHL talent

In Ottawa he pulled off trades that brought Redden/Rhodes , Kravchuk and others to Ott. He signed Tugnutt

In Anaheim he acquired traded for JS Giguere , Oleg Tverdovsky and Sami Pahlsson in trades. 2 of those guys were keys to the Ducks cup run.

What sunk him in Anaheim was his 1st round busts

Overall he has solid track record with regards to NHL talent evaluation (Even drafted Hossa as GM of Sens)

Old
07-10-2012, 04:31 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
Hal Gill said this after he left town , and i put a lot of stock into what Gill said is true.Now you guys got Pierre in charge of developing your players? , when Hal Gill says
And this quote means what?

Management aren't supposed to be your friends ,, They are your bosses

Old
07-10-2012, 04:38 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
And this quote means what?

Management aren't supposed to be your friends ,, They are your bosses
Well his personality won't change , and i tell you player development communication should be something very important.When Hal Gill says the guy is a freak, "different" and communication was a big problem, then ask yourself do ya got the right man?

This Gauthier guy is the same man who took cheese off the Habs flights....that what was said .

The same man who tried to charge Michael Cammalleri $1250 dollars for his Habs jersey....

Now you say management supposed to have no relationship with players, yet if you read the whole article Gil says the Nashville Gm was an awesome guy who he could talk to and discuss things ,the same way Stevie Y in Tampa has great relations with his players.

Gauthier is weird as Hal Gill said , not sure that works for player development ,where your doing one on one with players.

Anyways, enjoy him....and some tried to defend his record in Montreal, and you seen the disaster that followed.

Last edited by Habaneros: 07-10-2012 at 05:37 PM.
Old
07-10-2012, 04:40 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
Well his personality wonlt change , and i tell you player development communication should be something very important.When Hal Gill says the guy is a freak, "different" and communication was a big problem, then ask youself do ya got the right man?

Now you say management supposed to have no relationship with players, yet if you read the whole article Gil says the Nash Gm was an awesome guy ,the same way Stevie Y in Tampa has great relations with his players,Gauthier is weird as Hal Gill said .
And define weird for us?

Old
07-10-2012, 04:45 PM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

vCash: 50
I pray this doesn't harm the integrity of your club. You've recently won the Cup, please stay relevant!

irunthepeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 04:52 PM
Prust Y U MAD Bruins*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfever View Post
He's not that bad. He is a pretty good scout, but just hope that he never becomes GM.
Ryan Mcdonagh ............................

Prust Y U MAD Bruins* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 05:00 PM
kempie

Welcome to your nightmare.

kempie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 05:01 PM
MooseOllini
BobBarker

Habs fan here... I wouldn't wish this guy even for the Bruins.. At least he won't be GM

Good Luck

MooseOllini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 05:05 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
And define weird for us?
Well where do i start?Chris Nilan was the one who said Gauthier banned cheese on the Habs team flights.
So just because he didn't like cheese , no one on his team could eat any on flights .

Trading a player during a period of a hockey game?that happened last year .

You want to see the type of character he has?

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl...142600984.html

Quote:
Canadiens GM wanted $1,250 if Michael Cammalleri kept Montreal sweater after trade

former habs Jaro Spacek

http://www.hockeyinsideout.com/news/...surreal-season

Quote:
In talking with your former teammates here, the guys with whom you stay in touch, what’s the feeling about the hiring of Marc Bergevin as general manager, and will this exorcise the ghost of his predecessor, Pierre Gauthier?

From what I hear, hiring Bergevin is all positive. The organization was in the dark the last couple of years. … It was only Pierre’s way. He never asked anybody else, probably. He set up the strict rules we all had to follow.

Quote:
http://www.faceoff.com/hockey/teams/...725/story.html

“I packed for the trip and everything was fine in the (Friday) morning meeting,” Spacek said. "But then I walked by the (dressing-room) board and there was the lineup for practice. My number was outside the lineup and I thought, ‘Ah, here we go, something’s going on for sure.’ ”

Spacek shrugged and laced his skates shortly after 11 a.m. for 11:30 practice and was about to pull his stockings over his shin pads when assistant coach Randy Ladouceur told him he was wanted in head coach Jacques Martin’s office.

Off he went, still in skates.

“(Martin) said: ‘How are you doing?’ then started punching a number into his phone,” Spacek recalled. “I figured he was calling Pierre (Gauthier, the Canadiens general manager).

“Pierre told me I was traded, but the strange thing was, he didn’t tell me where because it hadn’t been approved by the league. He told me: ‘It’s not fair to the other team if I tell you where you’re going,’ and I said: ‘What the hell are you talking about? You’ve just traded me.’ ”

Please don't think it was Montreal media piling on him , read this from when he was let go by the Ducks in 2002 , a carbon copy in 2012....History repeating itself.
http://articles.latimes.com/2002/apr...rts/sp-pucin20

Last edited by Habaneros: 07-10-2012 at 05:20 PM.
Old
07-10-2012, 05:08 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

why did he ban cheese from the flights?

UsernameWasTaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 05:09 PM
MooseOllini
BobBarker

Gauthier is like The Silence from Dr Who. Once you stop looking at him, you forget all the crap he's done.

It happened in Anaheim, Montreal and now Chicago is his next target.

MooseOllini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 05:23 PM
Tone King
Atomic Punk

Exactly who in the Chicago organization hired him?

Tone King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 05:48 PM
Coldplay
Courage

My sincerest condolences.

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 06:34 PM
Chris G

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
why did he ban cheese from the flights?
Gave him the *****

But really good luck with him Chicago, Bowman's still running show but if Gauthier has any influence in the decision making you guys are in trouble.

Glad you guys gave us bergy, so we give you gauthier

Chris G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 06:39 PM
Hawkaholic

He's the director of player personnel, not the GM, not the Head Coah, not the president, etc.

A head scout, he isn't making trades, he is suggesting them.
He is a good talent evaluator, and can't be any worse than Bergevin.

Gainey made the Gomez trade, not Gauthier. Any speculation about who liked who is just that, speculation.

This guy was one of the main reasons Ottawa turned their franchise around.

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 06:40 PM
EmeticDonut

A big resounding meh from here. Hopefully he won't do anything stupid. If he's supposed to be the replacement for Bowman, who might be on a short leash until there's some success in the post-season, then the Hawks are utterly lost and will be irrelevant again in no-time.

EmeticDonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 06:53 PM
LaurentHabs
Galchenyuk2Collberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
He's the director of player personnel, not the GM, not the Head Coah, not the president, etc.

Gainey made the Gomez trade, not Gauthier. Any speculation about who liked who is just that, speculation.

I don't know about you, but I'd take McDonnagh above of Gomez. Weather he did the trade because of Gainey's daughter or not is another debate, but he had his say as an Assitant GM, and man it wasn't the right one.

I hope the best for you guys... I really do. Hopefully with this Role he won't have much of a say, and will obey the orders given to him. Hes not the guy you want making decisions.

I'm really surprised, wasn't expecting him to get a job in the NHL anytime soon

Also, Get used to hearing "Mister" A LOT. When he does interviews

Last edited by LaurentHabs: 07-10-2012 at 06:59 PM.
LaurentHabs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 07:13 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurentHabs View Post
I don't know about you, but I'd take McDonnagh above of Gomez. Weather he did the trade because of Gainey's daughter or not is another debate, but he had his say as an Assitant GM, and man it wasn't the right one.

I hope the best for you guys... I really do. Hopefully with this Role he won't have much of a say, and will obey the orders given to him. Hes not the guy you want making decisions.

I'm really surprised, wasn't expecting him to get a job in the NHL anytime soon

Also, Get used to hearing "Mister" A LOT. When he does interviews
Guess it is 2 way street

Bergervin clearly was the force behind Lepisto , Brunette signings for Hawks

Last edited by Blackhawkswincup: 07-10-2012 at 07:43 PM.
Old
07-10-2012, 07:14 PM
Hawkscap

If anyone is wondering what the DPP does, here an interview with Pittsburgh's DPP

http://www.pondrocketgear.com/web/ho...sburg-penguins

Hawkscap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 07:17 PM
1UP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post

No.

The reason why he has such a good drafting record is that both in Ottawa and in Montréal he had a guy working with him called Trevor Timmins.

You saw our draft this year. That's Bergevin telling Timmins to do his thing. If anything, Gauthier got in the way of us getting better picks.

1UP is offline   Reply With Quote