Closed Thread

Old
05-28-2013, 02:27 PM
vsk92
Alltid IFK

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schalkenullvier View Post
I think they'd let him go with a decent offer this summer, and if not, let him walk then. I like the guy but don't think he's good for us.
I think he could contribute decently if given the chance and a proper run in the team.

This season he only got 2 starts and 436 playing minutes (according to the Bundesliga website)

Out of the 5 strikers who played this season, he got the 2nd lowest minutes and was still 2nd joint top goalscorer with 3 goals.

Old
05-28-2013, 03:19 PM
cgf

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsk92 View Post
I think he could contribute decently if given the chance and a proper run in the team.

This season he only got 2 starts and 436 playing minutes (according to the Bundesliga website)

Out of the 5 strikers who played this season, he got the 2nd lowest minutes and was still 2nd joint top goalscorer with 3 goals.
Obasi and Marica were completely terrible though. I actually kinda like Pukki, he's a hardworking player with good quickness and some skills to work with, but Schalke is the wrong club for him right now, as he's just not good enough nor does he play smart enough to contribute for them as the lone striker, and he's not skilled enough to beat out any of their attacking midfielders, a proposition that'll be even tougher next year with a healthy Farfan, a more experienced Meyer and Clemens coming in to join Draxler, Bastos and maybe Raffael if his loan gets extended. So either he needs to find a club that he will play more for, or Schalke need to find a better backup Striker so Pukki can just focus on his development as the third string striker.

If he's not ready to give up on Schalke, a loan to a club like Freiburg seems like the best move for him to me.

Old
05-28-2013, 03:19 PM
Mr Irreverent
Misunderstood

According to reports in Spain, Gerard Duelofue is going out on loan to Borussia this coming season. Personally I think it's a great idea... can you guys take Bojan and Afellay too?

Old
05-28-2013, 03:27 PM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

Hopefully Dresden fans are banned from the game in Kaiserslautern, or at least until they pay back the money

Old
05-28-2013, 03:29 PM
TheMoreYouKnow

Dynamo did it, thank god.

Old
05-29-2013, 11:37 AM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

Duisburg

See ya ****ers

Old
05-29-2013, 11:53 AM
The_Human_Atombomb

Wow, looking forward to the derby against Sandhausen next season

Old
05-29-2013, 12:24 PM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

Mainz fan?

Old
05-29-2013, 12:28 PM
The_Human_Atombomb

Nah, Karlsruhe

Old
05-29-2013, 03:22 PM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

Better then being a Mainz fan that's for sure

Old
05-30-2013, 05:49 AM
Schalkenullvier*

too bad... whereever you look, interesting Clubs going down, boring and grey teams staying up. looking forward to playing Augsburg next year... yawn

Old
05-30-2013, 11:55 AM
TheMoreYouKnow

Yeah, Duisburg's "disappearance" is bad news, even a KL fan should get why that is. I know Duisburg are aligned with Frankfurt and Waldhof Mannheim but one should put aside such pettiness when it comes to matters such as this.

The RB Leipzig ***** are soon going to be in the 2.Liga and play smalltown Bavarian and B-W teams while teams like Duisburg, Essen, Aachen, Hansa etc. are stuck at the lower levels.

Old
05-30-2013, 12:09 PM
vsk92
Alltid IFK

Are Greuther Fürth in a good position for promotion back to the Bundesliga for the 14/15 season? or are they selling their best players this summer?

Old
05-30-2013, 12:14 PM
cgf

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Yeah, Duisburg's "disappearance" is bad news, even a KL fan should get why that is. I know Duisburg are aligned with Frankfurt and Waldhof Mannheim but one should put aside such pettiness when it comes to matters such as this.

The RB Leipzig ***** are soon going to be in the 2.Liga and play smalltown Bavarian and B-W teams while teams like Duisburg, Essen, Aachen, Hansa etc. are stuck at the lower levels.
Why even have promotion/relegation if we're just going to bend the rules for "historic" clubs and let them run themselves into the ground?

Old
05-30-2013, 12:51 PM
HajdukSplit

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsk92 View Post
Are Greuther Fürth in a good position for promotion back to the Bundesliga for the 14/15 season? or are they selling their best players this summer?
Some will say they overachieved making it into the Bundesliga in the first place. They have already sold 3-4 players while the likes of Geis, Prib, Sobiech and Mavraj are for certain leaving.

I wouldn't put them among the favorites, but I don't really follow the 2. Bundesliga closely enough. My guess would be Kaiserslautern, Koln will be the favorites after not going up this season

Old
05-30-2013, 12:57 PM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

Quote:

Yeah it sucks for football in Germany etc (you'll find I've been one of the biggest critics on here of these smaller clubs in the higher divisions) so there is no need for the patronising comments, thank you

But I'm still not going to have sympathy for a club that put themselves in that position, more times then not it's pure incompetence by management that has caused it. Bigger clubs then Duisburg have gone bankrupt in Germany, it's not the first, nor last time it will happen, nor is it hardly a surprise Duisburg have gone bankrupt given all the reports over the last season.

And whether you like it or not, these richer 'plastic' clubs are going to rise up the leagues now, that's just the way football is going in the modern age unfortunately.

End of the day, Kaiserslautern are the only team I care about.

Old
05-30-2013, 01:17 PM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HajdukSplit View Post
Some will say they overachieved making it into the Bundesliga in the first place. They have already sold 3-4 players while the likes of Geis, Prib, Sobiech and Mavraj are for certain leaving.

I wouldn't put them among the favorites, but I don't really follow the 2. Bundesliga closely enough. My guess would be Kaiserslautern, Koln will be the favorites after not going up this season
Not sure if Köln would be a favourite, though they might be given how weak the 2.Buli is at the moment.

Köln are losing Clemens (IMO their best player) and their top scorer (Ujah) is going to return to Mainz after his loan spell (Köln yet to purchase him outright), and their manager is also rumoured to be leaving I think. And I don't think they have a transfer budget still which might make things problematic (around 40m debt IIRC).

And on Kaiserslautern, as long as Foda is in charge, we're not going up.

Old
05-30-2013, 01:19 PM
cgf

People should just not talk about the 2nd BuLi cause they keep saying things and I keep catching myself starting to dream of 1st league football for Union. Which a fan of die eiserne should not be doing regardless of how successful all of our youth clubs are doing and how smoothly the first arrivals from this new wave had stepped into the first team and contributed.

Old
05-30-2013, 01:25 PM
TheMoreYouKnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf View Post
Why even have promotion/relegation if we're just going to bend the rules for "historic" clubs and let them run themselves into the ground?
First of all, Duisburg haven't been relegated through competition, secondly I haven't asked for them to be exempt from the licencing rules either. I have said it's bad news and a pity, which it is.

I'm not going to say I'm happy for that club to go to the Oberliga Niederrhein because management has been bad. The fans are the heart of the club and they deserve better than that.

Old
05-30-2013, 01:30 PM
cgf

mq summed it up nicely, it's hard to have much sympathy for years of incompetent mismanagement.

Old
05-30-2013, 01:38 PM
TheMoreYouKnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf View Post
mq summed it up nicely, it's hard to have much sympathy for years of incompetent mismanagement.
Which has nothing to do with the fans....which was my entire point.

Old
05-30-2013, 01:43 PM
cgf

I don't see how the feelings of the duisburg fans represents "bad news" to anyone but them. The league thrives because this sort of perennial incompetence is not accepted the way it is in a stagnant league like italy.

Old
05-30-2013, 02:05 PM
TheMoreYouKnow

It's bad news because it's a pretty big club with a lot of tradition and a lot of committed fans who will now be gone from professional football. I personally want to see devoted and active fan scenes in German football and Duisburg certainly has that.

As a Hoffenheim sympathizer you might not care one bit, of course, and that is your right. I am just stating my point of view.

Old
05-30-2013, 03:34 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
(...) while teams like Duisburg, Essen, Aachen, Hansa etc. are stuck at the lower levels.
While I agree with your general sentiment that I'd rather see those teams higher up compared to Leipzig or others, you can't say they're stuck. Their heads are somewhat stuck up their rears, to varying degrees, or just now coming out. They still have a great base compaired to most of their competition, they're just managing to pull virtually nothing out of it. Especially Aachen and Duisburg basically took themselves to the gallows with insane stadium plans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyquack View Post
Not sure if Köln would be a favourite, though they might be given how weak the 2.Buli is at the moment.

Köln are losing Clemens (IMO their best player) and their top scorer (Ujah) is going to return to Mainz after his loan spell (Köln yet to purchase him outright), and their manager is also rumoured to be leaving I think.
Not a rumor. He's gone. On his own terms, without giving much of a reason, while the club was looking to continue with him. He was the guy they were looking at to bring in some badly-needed consistency. And the ONE TIME they actually suffer disappointment and don't headlessly overreact and fire the first (and second, third, etc) guy that comes to mind, he randomly quits on them. They'll have to rebuild their roster and get a new coach. Büskens was their primary target, apparently. Then the arch-rivals from Düsseldorf fired Meier and now they want him, as well. Great start to the rivalry year.

They're going to be another huge question mark that could go either way, depending on how their summer goes, especially. Right now, I don't think they'll good enough on paper to be an actual favourite. But as you said, those seem to be few, and they'll be in the group just behind however many are going to establish themselves as such.

Old
05-30-2013, 04:46 PM
Schalkenullvier*

Could see Jörg Schmadke taking over effzeh, that rumour has been around for years now every time speculation came up that he'd leave 96.

Closed Thread