HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Keaton Ellerby

Old
08-19-2012, 09:43 AM
newfy

vCash: 500
Keaton Ellerby

I've seen him discussed as having the flyers interested in him, but the red wings were also apparently interested in a trade for him. I see he was a high pick and is still young but what is his value?

I see that he is a big hitter and fairly tough, althoug he isnt fighting much anymore. Hes got huge size as well. However he doesnt seem to have much in the way of offensive upside. Is he strong defensively? He got a little PK time per game last year but as a young guy and a call up it isnt expected to get a tonne.

I read that the wings have interest in him as well. A young, tough pairing of Smith and Ellerby could pan out in the future. So what is his value and what would the panthers be looking for? Prospects, picks, NHL players?

The article I read said potentially a pick and someone that can help the AHL team this year

newfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2012, 10:25 AM
Spitsfan67*

To Detroit:
Keaton Ellerby

To Panthers:
Jurco
Mrazek
3rd 2014

Spitsfan67* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2012, 10:46 AM
ProPAIN
I am the Danger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post
To Detroit:
Keaton Ellerby

To Panthers:
Jurco
Mrazek
3rd 2014

ProPAIN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2012, 10:59 AM
Smoky

Quote:
To Detroit:
Keaton Ellerby

To Panthers:
Jurco
Mrazek
3rd 2014
Counter offer:

To Detroit:

Huberdeau

To Panthers:

Kindl

That's fair right?

Smoky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2012, 11:47 AM
Marky9er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoky View Post
Counter offer:

To Detroit:

Huberdeau

To Panthers:

Kindl

That's fair right?
Its only fair cuz Huberdeau is nothing without Jurco.....oh wait.

Marky9er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2012, 02:33 PM
irishtemper

How about feraro + 2nd/3rd

irishtemper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2012, 02:38 PM
PWJunior
Beware the POOP!

I'm sorry if I'm ignorant of the state of the Panthers, but why would they want to part with Ellerby? I would think he's someone that the Cats would want to hang onto to going forward.

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2012, 02:46 PM
MillarWithASave
HUBY DOOBY SHUTUP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post
I'm sorry if I'm ignorant of the state of the Panthers, but why would they want to part with Ellerby? I would think he's someone that the Cats would want to hang onto to going forward.
Too many defenseman at the moment, decent amount of value, don't have space for him on the roster, will be a 7th defenseman on our team, if we could get a young forward for him it might be time to part with him. Then again, I'm not Dale Tallon I'm just guessing.

Plus, at the moment he has a lot of potential, he might be a bust but if the Panthers trade him before he is we can get away with decent value. (kinda joking)

MillarWithASave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2012, 03:28 PM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post
Especially when some of their D is getting long in the tooth, too much potential to trade for some B grade prospects.

WeridAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2012, 03:50 PM
Petes2424

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfy View Post
I've seen him discussed as having the flyers interested in him, but the red wings were also apparently interested in a trade for him. I see he was a high pick and is still young but what is his value?

I see that he is a big hitter and fairly tough, althoug he isnt fighting much anymore. Hes got huge size as well. However he doesnt seem to have much in the way of offensive upside. Is he strong defensively? He got a little PK time per game last year but as a young guy and a call up it isnt expected to get a tonne.

I read that the wings have interest in him as well. A young, tough pairing of Smith and Ellerby could pan out in the future. So what is his value and what would the panthers be looking for? Prospects, picks, NHL players?

The article I read said potentially a pick and someone that can help the AHL team this year
That's about what he's worth. He's a bottom 6 guy with slight potential to grow into a top 4. Someone asking for Jurco alone is ill advised but adding a pick and Mrazek is crazy. If dealing with Detroit they can probably fetch a Ferraro type prospect or maybe even a Emmerton/Eaves type NHLer.

He has little to small value to another NHL team.

Petes2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2012, 04:06 PM
WesNichols14

for 1 Jurco wasnt on a line with Huberdeau the entire time, i would give Burtuzzi, Cleary, Abdelkader, Miller, Eaves, Emmerton, with like a 3rd or 4th, you know what you take any of the 1st players and the 4th and we will give you Emmerton for free(you only have to pay extra shipping and handling)

WesNichols14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2012, 04:51 PM
newfy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes2424 View Post
That's about what he's worth. He's a bottom 6 guy with slight potential to grow into a top 4. Someone asking for Jurco alone is ill advised but adding a pick and Mrazek is crazy. If dealing with Detroit they can probably fetch a Ferraro type prospect or maybe even a Emmerton/Eaves type NHLer.

He has little to small value to another NHL team.
I think any bottom 6 forward besides Helm and Tootoo would be available. Abdelkader maybe not but guys like Drew Miller, eaves, Emmerton would all be available. They need to clear out forwards and would probably add a pick or prospect with a guy like that

newfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2012, 04:54 PM
ShootIt

IMO Ig he is traded it will be a package deal. No point in trading him straight up for a career bottom 6 guy.

ShootIt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2012, 05:06 PM
Matsi
got paws?

I don't get why Ellerby has so often been the no. 7 blueliner last season with the Cats. Is it a lack of progress in his development or was Weaver just extremely solid, hence pushing Ellerby out of the top-six?

Matsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2012, 06:37 PM
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!

Quote:
To Detroit:
Keaton Ellerby

To Panthers:
Jurco
Mrazek
3rd 2014

SoupNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2012, 08:56 PM
Beezeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheechoo14whitney View Post
I don't get why Ellerby has so often been the no. 7 blueliner last season with the Cats. Is it a lack of progress in his development or was Weaver just extremely solid, hence pushing Ellerby out of the top-six?
Exactly this. Weaver while unspectacular is the panthers best stay at home defenseman. Perfect for holding a lead late in a game and the PK. Ellerby is stuck in no mans land with the panthers. There is no room for him in the everyday lineup and he has nothing left to prove in the AHL.

I wouldn't move him for prospects, but would definitely move him as part of a package for a top 6 forward.

Until then he just has to wait for the inevitable injury to happen on the blue line. Having a guy in the press box who would play in many teams top 6 is a nice luxury to have.

Beezeral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2012, 09:31 PM
Dr Beinfest

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheechoo14whitney View Post
Well.. Weaver's definitely valuable but what blocks someone like Ellerby is a few things:

1. His own lack of development. He's been good for the depth role he plays, but he's not been what we wanted. Honestly nobody has ever really been high on Ellerby, from a Panther fan point of view.

2. Gudbranson is a much higher valued prospect, so his big minutes for development probably impede Ellerby's chances.

3. Old man Jovo.

Dr Beinfest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2012, 09:35 PM
thrillhouse99

I'm not sure he has a lot of value himself, but I could see him being an added piece in a trade. He's playing in the NHL and everyone can use an extra defenseman.

thrillhouse99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2012, 11:12 PM
MillarWithASave
HUBY DOOBY SHUTUP

Weaver is such a great defenseman, and I think thats why Ellerby has been pushed out. Weaver and Gudbranson were the two defenseman that impressed me most on the Panthers last season. I think if Jovo wants out in a year or two that spot for Ellerby is open.

MillarWithASave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2012, 11:56 PM
JohnWayne

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfy View Post

Man was the 2007 entry draft bad. 6 first rounders have yet to play a game in the NHL.(one past away before he had a chance to) and there were a lot of steals in the second and third roundr

JohnWayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 07:07 AM
ShootIt

Weaver is a good positional defenseman. Good with his stick and has good positioning to make up for his size and lack of physicality. He really is a good bottom pairing guy, who can be a # 4 depending who he matched with.

Ellerby has played well with Kulikov in the past, and is slowly developing.
With Weaver being 33-34 and one more year as an Ufa, he is not in our plans after this year. His lack of physicality hurt us at times when the opposing team would crash the net or around the boards.
Ellerby is far more physical in both facets and is a much better skater.

All Ellerby is lacking is confidence. When he would get multiple in a row starts, his play would improve.
I think he still may be a good 2nd pairing guy, but it depends if he has the mental part down

ShootIt is online now   Reply With Quote