HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Florida-Edmonton

Old
07-10-2012, 08:04 PM
stryfe604
Believes in Yzergod

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SheasRebellion6 View Post
Top 10 pick, top 9 forward with top 6 potential, top 4 d-man, and prospect for future top 2 d-man on oilers and future top 6 d-man. That's what I see and I don't know why oilers need to do this or why Florida would do this. Seems to be somewhat fair, but I don't think it happens.
Far from fair sir. The Cats get sent to the pound in this one. They don't need kittens to turn into cats, they have a big and good enough litter as is. They need fully grown Cats to start now.

stryfe604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 08:07 PM
wej20

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheasRebellion6 View Post
Top 10 pick, top 9 forward with top 6 potential, top 4 d-man, and prospect for future top 2 d-man on oilers and future top 6 d-man. That's what I see and I don't know why oilers need to do this or why Florida would do this. Seems to be somewhat fair, but I don't think it happens.
possible top 10 pick, KHL player, top 4 dman with huge injury problems.

wej20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 08:14 PM
PBPantherfan
Here we go again

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
to be fair not many people thought Dmitri Kulikov would be as good as he is as quick as he is
Actually he was rated really high. Most teams were scared off because they thought he couldn't get out of his KHL contract.

And no to the trade.

PBPantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 08:36 PM
lakai17

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by rihard12345 View Post
To Florida:
Linus Omark
Ryan Whitney
Tyler Pitlick
Oilers 1st Round Pick (2013)

To Edmonton:
Dmitry Kulikov
Keaton Ellerby
nevermind Mackinnon.

Seth Jones > Kulikov
Ryan Pulock > Kulikov

lakai17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 08:37 PM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Quote:
Originally Posted by DropIt View Post
How can you say you haven't seen anything? Would you say you havent seen anything from Petry then? because Kulikov has shown much more then Petry has and at 2 years younger.

Whitney, healthy, MAY be as good as Kulikov now, but he wont be for long. Klefbom and Schultz right now are complete maybe players who have shown nothing at the NHL level, Kulikov is much better and worth much more than either of them.
Petry is more of that complete D and plays the PP and PK and was playing 22+ mpg towards the end of the season, he's also more of a physical player. It also scares me when it comes to Kulikov knee and ankle injuries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Quincy View Post
Then don't trade for him.
Don't want him, if he was needed, I would be all for it, but right now it would be debatable if he would be a improvement over Whitney

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillarWithASave View Post
Then we will hold onto Kulikov and you guys hold onto Whitney.. fair deal.
Fair deal

WeridAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 08:42 PM
Boooooth10

Besides being a terrible trade, I want nothing to do with Omark. The guy is a loser and I doubt Tallon would want anything to do with him either.

Boooooth10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 08:52 PM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boooooth10 View Post
Besides being a terrible trade, I want nothing to do with Omark. The guy is a loser and I doubt Tallon would want anything to do with him either.
Most Oiler fans have the same feelings.

WeridAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 08:56 PM
number72

Quote:
To Florida:
Linus Omark
Ryan Whitney
Tyler Pitlick

To Edmonton:
Dmitry Kulikov
Keaton Ellerby
Edmonton needs to add Hemsky or MPV

number72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 08:57 PM
rockinghockey

I would say Kulikov is a good dman but worth RNH, Hall, or Eberle please, not even close.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 09:24 PM
MillarWithASave
HUBY DOOBY SHUTUP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
I would say Kulikov is a good dman but worth RNH, Hall, or Eberle please, not even close.
Have you watched him play? Probably not.

NHL.com doesn't show how well they play defense.

MillarWithASave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 09:24 PM
Dr Quincy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
If you did a draft of every NHL player it's possible or probable that all of those guys go before him.

But that's not how real teams work. The Panthers drafted him. He was a high draft pick that has not only already established himself, but still has room to grow. He fills an important need (look at how much bad/avg dmen get in free agency). They have NO reason to trade him, at all.

Ok, if someone comes along and offers them a deal they can't refuse? Sure. But offering a bunch of stuff, none of which is equal in value to Kulikov isn't going to make a team very happy with its own player, trade him. You are happy with Eberle. Asking Pittsburgh for Malkin for him is crazy. He isn't worth it, but if Pitt offered you their 1st, Paul Martin and Pascal Dupuis, all pieces that would help your team, but none of which that would help you as much as Eberle... do you do it?

So why would you expect FLA to take a bunch of lessers?

Dr Quincy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 09:57 PM
Ryno
BEHOLD!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by number72 View Post
Edmonton needs to add Hemsky or MPV
Done...shipping COD
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1993_Mazda_Mpv-3.jpg‎ (139.1 KB, 1 views)

Ryno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 10:37 PM
PanthersHockey1
Bond.

Ever since some dumb OP suggested a trade between edmonton and florida and the 5 pages in that thread consisted of people saying, "Florida and Edmonton are not good trading Partners at this point."

Since then, we have seen 2 additional threads with trades being proposed with the two teams. People need to read.

PanthersHockey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 10:49 PM
gizmo12688
OTL To The Playoffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersHockey1 View Post
Ever since some dumb OP suggested a trade between edmonton and florida and the 5 pages in that thread consisted of people saying, "Florida and Edmonton are not good trading Partners at this point."

Since then, we have seen 2 additional threads with trades being proposed with the two teams. People need to read.
Nah, screw that.

Upshall for RHN. FAIR, RIGHT?

gizmo12688 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 10:51 PM
PanthersHockey1
Bond.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo12688 View Post
Nah, screw that.

Upshall for RHN. FAIR, RIGHT?
I hate to sound cliche but #YOLO

PanthersHockey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 11:02 PM
Alberta_OReilly_Fan
Bruin fan since 1975

Quote:
To Florida:
Linus Omark
Ryan Whitney
Tyler Pitlick

To Edmonton:
Dmitry Kulikov
Keaton Ellerby
there is a decent chance omark would clear waivers... cant imagine he has any value at all now

whitney is one heck of a player when healthy... but is no longer healthy and even oiler fans themselves are considering him a 5/6 dman. he is really highly paid if he is only a 5/6 dman

i suppose that pitlick and ellerby roughly balance out

but then it comes to kulikov for a first... and is there any chance edmonton will be picking top 5 again this year? maybe if you felt whitney can recover and edmonton is going to suck again then the trade might be ok... but there is 0 chance out of 100 that id do this trade if i was a florida fan

cant blame an oiler fan for wishing for it though... good trade for their pov

Alberta_OReilly_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 11:26 PM
FrolikFan67

kulikov was drafted in the first half of the 1st round, played in the nhl at 18yrs old, has 3yrs of experience and is only 21, he played good when he was 18 and has been getting better every year, but this year in particular...wow, he reallllly impressed me. im a panthers season ticket holder and go to every single game, before his injury he played like an absolute stud, extremely gifted. he has size and knows how to use it, people say hes not physical, idk why, maybe because he got hit hard in a few memorable hits like the berglund one but trust me, he has size and knows how to use it, ive seen him pop guys realllly hard (green, tropp, and more). i want tallon to extend him long term. wanna build that D around campbell, gudbranson, and kulikov for a very long time.
he need offense. the ONLY way we trade him, a D, only 21 w/ nhl experience and played absolutely amazing this past season (before his injury, and slowly got back to form after the injury, just a little rusty),the only way he gets traded, especially to the oilers, is for one of the big 4 forwards. it would be one of them for kulikov +, obviously not just kulikov, we would add to it, but thats the only way its gonna happen, at least in the oilers case. if any team wants him, its gonna be for offense. omark and pitlick do nothing for us. (fleischmann, huberdeau, bergenheim at lw. weiss, goc, bjugstad/matthias at center. versteeg, upshall, kopecky at rw.), the 1st rounder is nice, but just a D to help replace him in whitney (an older replacement), and a 1st is not gonna do it for tallon. it'd be eberle most likely, we'd want rnh probably the most since we need a center but we wont get him, we have flash and huberdeau (he's not a center) at lw, and the oilers would pick yakupov over eberle most likely at rw. eberle for kulikov +. thats the only way he goes to the oilers.

FrolikFan67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 01:36 PM
The rising cats
Rookie User

Why would Florida do this. It makes no sense.

The rising cats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 01:48 PM
lakai17

vCash: 50
Why would Edmonton do this? A healthy Whitney is effective and we have J.Shultztz and Klefbom coming up.

lakai17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 02:24 PM
oilwings

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
Why would Edmonton do this? A healthy Whitney is effective and we have J.Shultztz and Klefbom coming up.
As an Oiler fan I would think hard about this proposal. Every team needs at least 4PMD. J. Schultz, Petry, Klefbom, and Kulikov with N. Schultz and Smid rounding out the top 6. There's 4 terrific PMD. As for Ellerby, he gives up depth on D. If Whitney can recover 100% then we have more to offer in trades. I also like Ellerby a lot more than I like Plante. Maybe in a couple yrs Tuebert and Ellerby rounds out the top 6/7? All our Dmen are under 26yrs of age by then.

EDIT: If Luongo does goto Florida, I would call up Tallon and inquire about Markstrom.

Last edited by oilwings: 07-11-2012 at 02:31 PM.
oilwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 02:27 PM
Perro

Quote:
To Florida:
Linus Omark
Ryan Whitney
Tyler Pitlick

To Edmonton:
Dmitry Kulikov
Keaton Ellerby
Switch Omark with MPS, keep Whitney and change Pitlick to Klefbom.
Would that be more fair?

Perro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 03:05 PM
Vdhawan89
#FireLowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillarWithASave View Post
For the bazillionth time.

Kulikov/Gudbranson/Huberdeau/Bjugstad/Howden are not getting moved for spare parts. Let alone getting moved at all.

If you want Kulikov say goodbye to Eberle/RNH/Hall/Yakupov, simple as that.
lol you can get off your high horse buddy, only one Oiler fan has said this fair.

Vdhawan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 04:44 PM
MillarWithASave
HUBY DOOBY SHUTUP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vdhawan89 View Post
lol you can get off your high horse buddy, only one Oiler fan has said this fair.
It's in every Florida thread on these forums. If you search for a Florida proposal with another team, any one of those guys are in the proposal, and it's for scraps 99% of the time. Just putting the point across.

MillarWithASave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 04:51 PM
Aceonfire
Las Vegas Aces

Quote:
To Florida:
Linus Omark
Ryan Whitney
Tyler Pitlick

To Edmonton:
Dmitry Kulikov
Keaton Ellerby
Next years draft pool is considered the deepest and most talented since 2003. The Oil will not be moving their 1st unless its for a trade deadline pick up that will push them into the playoffs. And this deal isn't that bad for Florida. Edmonton's pick is still potentially a lottery pick, Omark has upside to him, and Whitney when healthy is a great D.

Aceonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 05:52 PM
AwesomePanthers
Go Cats Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
to be fair not many people thought Dmitri Kulikov would be as good as he is as quick as he is
He would have went a lot higher if he wasnt Russian and people wasnt sure about his KHL contract status. He was a top8, if not top6 talent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeridAl View Post
Everyone says Kulikov has got top pairing potential, but we haven't seen this. It's debatable if he is better then Petry or Whitney. With J.Schultz the Oilers have that PMD with top pairing potential like Kulikov and have no need for him. A healthy Whitney is better then Kulikov and with Klefbom coming next year I would pass.
He played as our #1 defenseman before we aquired Campbell. And his 22, he will only become even better. He's not going to Edmonton without one of the big4 coming back, not a chance.

AwesomePanthers is offline   Reply With Quote