HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012 Offseason Roster Thread - Part II

Old
08-10-2012, 11:31 AM
The Yzerman
1983 - 4th Overall

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanOberg View Post
I dont know. Hes got a little competition in front of him for that last spot. Gudas and Aulie are in the mix too. Ill say this that he was impressive in the AHL last year and is probably ready to come up to the big team. He will just have a little competition if hes actually going to. Which isnt a bad thing if your TB fans. SFY did a nice job filling in the D this summer when there really wasnt much out there. Because of that these on the bubble guys will have to push that much harder to make the big club. As it should be.
So would say his chances are 50/50 that he'll make it to the big club? He's behind Lee and Mikkelson on the depth charts, but he's more an offensive player, like M.-A, Bergeron is, so he might be redundant, I guess.

The Yzerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2012, 11:41 AM
Drouin2Stamkos

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardingsJockstrap View Post
So would say his chances are 50/50 that he'll make it to the big club? He's behind Lee and Mikkelson on the depth charts, but he's more an offensive player, like M.-A, Bergeron is, so he might be redundant, I guess.
Yea you make a good point about Bergeron. Boucher really likes him because of that cannon he brings on the PP. Now that we have Salo that might change because MAB doesnt bring too much defensively if even at all. Lee will make the big club as a third pairing guy I see. Mikkelson showed some good play last year when he got the chance. Its gonna be tough for Barberio to make the team with all of these other guys wanting to make the team too. I might say its even less than 50/50 right now. If he has a great camp he will probably make it. We are hoping one of those guys really stands out and takes the job. Makes it easy on SY to put him with Tampa this year. It should be a great camp to watch for D this year.

Drouin2Stamkos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 11:44 AM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

https://twitter.com/LightningTimes
Quote:
Jersey numbers for some of the newest Lightning players: Crombeen 19, Salo 6 and Lindback 39.

Old
08-13-2012, 01:41 PM
KareemTrustfund
The Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaysOf 04 View Post
I wonder what number Brown will be using... 49 maybe?

KareemTrustfund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2012, 02:11 PM
stammerhammer91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Dover View Post
I wonder what number Brown will be using... 49 maybe?
Brown will be wearing number 23

stammerhammer91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 06:45 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

SY seems to have no inclination to rush him up. I want to see our shiny new toys as much as the next guy but since 1992, our plan has been "OH GOD PLAY HIM NOW" and for once its nice seeing them go slowly with these guys.

The Fear Boners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 04:26 PM
CC321

Statistically, these three young D look like up and comers we might be able to afford. In case some of our young D fizzle, it's good to have a backup plan ready. Gives the pro scout something to check into also.

Ryan Wilson, COL,
Andrew Macdonald, NYI
Brayden McNabb, BUF

Wilson used to play with Stamkos in junior, so he can give some insight into personality, etc...

CC321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 03:59 AM
LightningStrikes
Klutcherov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still All In View Post
SY seems to have no inclination to rush him up. I want to see our shiny new toys as much as the next guy but since 1992, our plan has been "OH GOD PLAY HIM NOW" and for once its nice seeing them go slowly with these guys.
Who, Brown?

LightningStrikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 02:38 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Rangers fan here. What would you guys say Brett Connolly will become? Points, physicality, defense.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 06:12 PM
shello
@WShello9

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC321 View Post
Statistically, these three young D look like up and comers we might be able to afford. In case some of our young D fizzle, it's good to have a backup plan ready. Gives the pro scout something to check into also.

Ryan Wilson, COL,
Andrew Macdonald, NYI
Brayden McNabb, BUF

Wilson used to play with Stamkos in junior, so he can give some insight into personality, etc...

Would love to get Andy McDonald but the Islanders won't consider moving him for nothing. He's very highly rated by them and should be, very underrated defenseman.

shello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 06:29 PM
bassassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningStrikes View Post
Who, Brown?
I'm guessing Barberio

bassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 06:32 PM
bassassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
Rangers fan here. What would you guys say Brett Connolly will become? Points, physicality, defense.
Potential is two way top line forward, capable of scoring say 40 goals at his peak IMO anyway.

His offensive potential is very very decent, not superstar level, for example he was the only 16 year old to score 30 goals since Patrick Marleau, pretty decent company.

bassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 03:01 PM
ThunderAlleyNomad

Carle gets #25 whenever there is a next season.

Quote:
Here is something sure to rile up some Tampa Bay Lightning fans. Newly acquired defenseman Matt Carle will wear No. 25 next season. It will be the first time a player has worn that number since then-captain Dave Andreychuk retired after the 2005-06 season.
http://www.tampabay.com/sports/hocke...-no-25/1246361

bleh

ThunderAlleyNomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 05:44 PM
LightningStrikes
Klutcherov

Quote:
Originally Posted by albatross View Post
Carle gets #25 whenever there is a next season.

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/hocke...-no-25/1246361

bleh
I'm ok with this. Yes, we won the Cup with Andreychuk but it's not like we won it only because of him. He was here for only 3.5 seasons, too. Our first retired jersey number should be #26.

LightningStrikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 05:51 PM
KareemTrustfund
The Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningStrikes View Post
I'm ok with this. Yes, we won the Cup with Andreychuk but it's not like we won it only because of him. He was here for only 3.5 seasons, too. Our first retired jersey number should be #26.
Agreed.

KareemTrustfund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 08:00 PM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

Quote:
Lightning defenseman Matt Carle wanted it clear he did not request to wear jersey No. 25 on a whim. He understands what the number — worn for four years by revered captain Dave Andreychuk and by no one since his 2006 retirement — represents to the team and its fans.
I don't like Carle getting 25. If he knows what that number means and why it's been untouched for so long then he should pick a different number like he's done here before and back in San Jose. No offense to Carle.... but he's Matt Carle.

I got over 19 when it was picked by Veilleux but I think Andreychuk is different. I'm also one who believes it should be retired, but even it hasn't been, up to now every player the past 6 years stayed away from it. It's very bold of Carle to ask for permission.

Quote:
So profound were his contributions, including helping a young team understand accountability and how to win, there was a belief No. 25 would be retired. It eventually could be, though the team was vague: "The organization fully recognizes Dave Andreychuk's impact as a Lightning player and as captain of the 2004 Stanley Cup champions," spokesman Bill Wickett said. "We look forward to properly saluting and celebrating him for his contributions to the franchise."
Not sure what this could be. If they were going to retire his number I think they wouldn't have told Carle he could have it the next 6 years. Maybe a ring of honor thing?

Last edited by TheDaysOf 04: 08-17-2012 at 08:05 PM.
TheDaysOf 04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 08:05 PM
ThunderAlleyNomad

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaysOf 04 View Post
I don't like Carle getting 25. If he knows what that number means and why it's been untouched for so long then he should pick a different number like he's done here before and back in San Jose. No offense to Carle.... but he's Matt Carle.

I got over 19 when it was picked by Veilleux but I think Andreychuk is different. I'm also one who believes it should be retired, but even it hasn't been, up to now every player the past 6 years stayed away from it. It's very bold of Carle to ask for permission.
Agree with this entire post.

Will also add that even though Andy was only here for a short time, he changed the entire attitude of the team. You could see it. In a lot of ways he epitomized to me what a captain should mean to his team.

ThunderAlleyNomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2012, 05:40 AM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

No jersey number is unwearable.

It's why I'm fine with Carle wearing #25. He just now has to live up to St. Andreychuk's legacy.

They're like onions.

Last edited by Felonious Python: 08-18-2012 at 05:55 AM.
Felonious Python is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2012, 06:09 AM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

This is as a good a topic as any for this.

EA Sports released their team rankings for NHL 13.

Tampa Bay Lightning (Offense: 3.5, Defense: 4.5, Goalies: 3.5): Steven Stamkos (91), Martin St. Louis (87), Vincent Lecavalier/Matt Carle (86)

For comparison, here's Pittsburgh: Pittsburgh Penguins (Offense: 4, Defense: 4.5, Goalies: 4.5): Sidney Crosby (95), Evgeni Malkin (91), Kris Letang (90), Marc-Andre Fleury/Tomas Vokoun (87)

I'm sure you may have noticed that they rate the both team's defenses as their biggest strengths. Well, that's the case for every team in the conference. (except Carolina, as Cam Ward is clutch)

Felonious Python is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2012, 07:22 AM
B2k3
#Yzerteam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felonious Python View Post

Tampa Bay Lightning (Offense: 3.5, Defense: 4.5, Goalies: 3.5): Steven Stamkos (91), Martin St. Louis (87), Vincent Lecavalier/Matt Carle (86)

For comparison, here's Pittsburgh: Pittsburgh Penguins (Offense: 4, Defense: 4.5, Goalies: 4.5): Sidney Crosby (95), Evgeni Malkin (91), Kris Letang (90), Marc-Andre Fleury/Tomas Vokoun (87)

I'm sure you may have noticed that they rate the both team's defenses as their biggest strengths. Well, that's the case for every team in the conference. (except Carolina, as Cam Ward is clutch)
Almost every one of the teams they rated seems wack-a-doo.

Must be a weird algorithm that determines what the overall is in each category...

B2k3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2012, 09:30 AM
Bolto
?

According to today's paper Matt Carle has asked for and will get the number. Apparently Dave's ok with it so for me it's not that big a deal.

That said, they should have retired Dave's old number a few years back.

Bolto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2012, 02:27 PM
stryfe604
Believes in Yzergod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felonious Python View Post

stryfe604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2012, 02:34 PM
stryfe604
Believes in Yzergod

Quote:
Originally Posted by stryfe604 View Post
Due to infractions couldn't edit but, Seriously EA has the worst freaking ratings ever. I saw that Ryan Miller is tied for with Lundqvist as best goalie in the NHL at 91. Kopitar is a 86, same as Gagne. Tavares is a 85, Karlsson is 86, Hamhuis/Edler 88 while Doughty is is 87, Brian Elliot is rank 80, Alex Pietroangelo is 87, and these are just the ones I remember. It is just brutal.

stryfe604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2012, 04:02 PM
2 Weekes Notice

I'm not gonna blame Carle for taking his number. It's not like Andy just recently retired or something. If the organization wanted to retire #25, they had a good 6+ years to do so.

2 Weekes Notice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2012, 04:41 PM
Maelmoor
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Maelmoor
Quote:
Originally Posted by stryfe604 View Post
Due to infractions couldn't edit but, Seriously EA has the worst freaking ratings ever. I saw that Ryan Miller is tied for with Lundqvist as best goalie in the NHL at 91. Kopitar is a 86, same as Gagne. Tavares is a 85, Karlsson is 86, Hamhuis/Edler 88 while Doughty is is 87, Brian Elliot is rank 80, Alex Pietroangelo is 87, and these are just the ones I remember. It is just brutal.
I miss playing NHL (as I just play games on a PC) but looking at those numbers I remember that some things were so annoying with the game!