HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Free Agency & General Offseason Discussion Thread: Part III - The Brenden Morrow Saga

Closed Thread

Old
07-15-2012, 01:02 PM
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy

vCash: 500
You don't pay 36 year old 2nd liners 7.5 til he's 40

You just Doant

Horrible idea

Old
07-15-2012, 01:03 PM
thinkwild
Veni Vidi Toga

Ewww, all you guys fantasizing over Semin, and now there's all this drool and, em, other deposits all over the thread. Next time bring a kleenex and clean up after you're finished will ya? I know it's been a long time this summer season, a long drought, and you're looking for some kind of slump-buster. But Semin? Have a little dignity man. Get a grip. Take a cold shower.

Will that cheap trollop get more than 2 year proposal from anyone on this continent? He could work on the Pens as a designated sniper for their stars in win now mode. Hard to imagine any bidding war though.

Character counts!

Old
07-15-2012, 01:06 PM
HSF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qward View Post
I don't understand this mentality.

A) It is not your money.
B) we are below the cap floor. What does it matter if they pay him 7.5 Million?
we wont be a cap team in 3-4 years? ya i dont want that 7.5 mill price tag on a non-elite player who is 39

Old
07-15-2012, 01:16 PM
Marvelous Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19sens11 View Post
You don't pay 36 year old 2nd liners 7.5 til he's 40

You just Doant

Horrible idea

Old
07-15-2012, 01:37 PM
WasTeD
Gettn Wiggy wit it

Send a message via Skype™ to WasTeD
I have a feeling its the Islanders who made the offer for Doan. Adding his veteran leadership to the already skilled but young locker room could be pretty decent and possibly worth the $$ depending on how he meshes with the rest of the locker room leadership.

Old
07-15-2012, 03:15 PM
Beville
#ForTheBoys

Quote:
As a spermatozoa, my rich mitochondrial density allowed lightning fast locomotion by means of my flagellum. After winning the race, I first penetrated the corona radiata, followed by the zona pellucida, allowing me to come into direct contact with my ovum's cell membrane. My acrosomal process penetrated the cell membrane, allowing my nucleus to enter the ovum's cytoplasm. The ovum completed meosis II, and the rest as we say, is history.

My life story, bros
If any of what you've just said is actually scientifically true,

then well done sir

Old
07-15-2012, 04:32 PM
Marvelous Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner

Quote:
As a spermatozoa, my rich mitochondrial density allowed lightning fast locomotion by means of my flagellum. After winning the race, I first penetrated the corona radiata, followed by the zona pellucida, allowing me to come into direct contact with my ovum's cell membrane. My acrosomal process penetrated the cell membrane, allowing my nucleus to enter the ovum's cytoplasm. The ovum completed meosis II, and the rest as we say, is history.

My life story, bros
How can someone so smart know so little about hockey?

Old
07-15-2012, 04:39 PM
Patvolcom65
@Patvolcom65

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyManked View Post
How can someone so smart know so little about hockey?

Because he google things not relate to hockey.

Old
07-15-2012, 08:00 PM
SaxPlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveChrisNeil View Post
I have a feeling its the Islanders who made the offer for Doan. Adding his veteran leadership to the already skilled but young locker room could be pretty decent and possibly worth the $$ depending on how he meshes with the rest of the locker room leadership.
Doan has been very clear that he wants to stay in the Phoenix area if at all possible. If that doesn't work, I'd be surprised if he signs with any of the northern teams. I would expect LA, San Jose, Anaheim, or Dallas - someone in the south/southwest.

Old
07-15-2012, 08:28 PM
TheOriginalSilf*
@real_saundies

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaxPlayer View Post
Doan has been very clear that he wants to stay in the Phoenix area if at all possible. If that doesn't work, I'd be surprised if he signs with any of the northern teams. I would expect LA, San Jose, Anaheim, or Dallas - someone in the south/southwest.
Err, I don't think his reasoning behind wanting to stay in Phoenix is because of it's geographical location. It's about staying with the same organization that he's been with his entire career.

That'd be like saying, "Daniel Alfredsson wants to stay with Ottawa but if he's going to play anywhere else, it'll be a Northern team." Why?

Old
07-15-2012, 08:33 PM
topshelfie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilfverBullet View Post
Err, I don't think his reasoning behind wanting to stay in Phoenix is because of it's geographical location. It's about staying with the same organization that he's been with his entire career.

That'd be like saying, "Daniel Alfredsson wants to stay with Ottawa but if he's going to play anywhere else, it'll be a Northern team." Why?
to stay close to family

Old
07-15-2012, 09:02 PM
playasRus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilfverBullet View Post

Because then Alfie could hop onto a plane after a game from TOR/BOS/BUF/MTL and be with his family within a couple hours.

Old
07-16-2012, 06:40 AM
Cujomi
Hart en Ziel

People still talking trash about Semin?

Saw some of this in the other topic. So I guess this makes it 2 - 2 on people that actually play and/or coach hockey that have something positive vs. something negative to say about him. Also it doesn't seem like his non-Russian teammates all hate him but w/e.

Quote:

When Arnott first got here, Semin's game changed for the better. When Hunter came in last year, Semin's game improved. This organization has always lacked something, and tried to get by with band-aids and patches. That hasn't and won't work until the core organizational issues are fixed. Remember Arnotts' comments after he first got here: "You know what, I've talked to him a lot," Arnott said. "I got to know a little bit about him just coming here from other guys, that he was a little different cat. He's very very talented, but for me, I just don't know if guys took the time enough to talk to him enough and make him feel a part of everything, and also get on him when he does things wrong. I think he needs the corrections and a little more discipline in his game, and he needs to know how important he is to this team to win. So it's just little things. I've been talking to him every day, and communication between linemates, it just helps a lot."

Old
07-16-2012, 10:52 AM
Captain_Cunney

Is this the Don Brennan booster club? The dumbest sports writer in the city, thats saying something, writes a tmz hockey column on team toughness & all the sheep eat it up.

Old
07-16-2012, 02:49 PM
GoSensGo765
GO SENS GO!!

I assume all the people that are against Semin would also strongly oppose the idea of Kostitsyn? Juuuuust asking....

Old
07-16-2012, 03:15 PM
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spezza19 View Post
I assume all the people that are against Semin would also strongly oppose the idea of Kostitsyn? Juuuuust asking....
Hell no to Kastitsyn.

He wouldn't even crack the top 9 anyway, would be a useless signing.

Old
07-16-2012, 03:20 PM
GoSensGo765
GO SENS GO!!

Quote:
Hell no to Kastitsyn.

He wouldn't even crack the top 9 anyway, would be a useless signing.
I honestly am just trying to think of which UFA's are left and after Doan, Semin he was the first name to come to mind. Can you think of anyone else that would be a good fit? I agree, Kostitsyn would be an awful signing, but I'd like to see someone add to the top 6 still.

Old
07-16-2012, 03:21 PM
The Waffler
Can wipe my own ass!

I'd be all for A-Kost if we didn't already have Latendresse.

Old
07-16-2012, 03:23 PM
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spezza19 View Post
I honestly am just trying to think of which UFA's are left and after Doan, Semin he was the first name to come to mind. Can you think of anyone else that would be a good fit? I agree, Kostitsyn would be an awful signing, but I'd like to see someone add to the top 6 still.
The team clearly doesn't want to go the free agent route. If they did, they would have signed a d-man and kept Foligno.

They don't want anyone old, or anyone expensive.

Old
07-16-2012, 03:51 PM
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Waffler View Post
I'd be all for A-Kost if we didn't already have Latendresse.
How does one make the other redundant? Maybe in their MTL days, when Kostitsyn was being bred for a top 6 role, but now Kostitsyn is one of the most ideal 3rd line skill players in the league, whereas Tender is top 6 or nothin'. In fact, Latendresse' inability to stay healthy makes Kostitsyn's versatility even more valuable.

Old
07-16-2012, 06:26 PM
Ed Wood

I kind of like Kostitsyn but he's always shown more talent than production. Maybe McLean is the coach to get the most out of him. I don't see anyone offering him a long-term contract so we could bring him in for a year and see what happens . Not a lot to lose.

Old
07-16-2012, 06:31 PM
saskriders
ColinGreening's#1fan

vCash: 1322
Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyManked View Post
I doan't

Old
07-16-2012, 06:50 PM
The Waffler
Can wipe my own ass!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The OttoMan View Post
How does one make the other redundant? Maybe in their MTL days, when Kostitsyn was being bred for a top 6 role, but now Kostitsyn is one of the most ideal 3rd line skill players in the league, whereas Tender is top 6 or nothin'. In fact, Latendresse' inability to stay healthy makes Kostitsyn's versatility even more valuable.
A-Kost is a top 6er. And while he would make a great 3rd liner, our bottom 6 is enough of a log jam already. Latendresse kinda took that last spot that would have been available in our top 6.

Old
07-16-2012, 07:00 PM
Fenix Rises 2026
Alfie forever!

Why do you guys want to turn us into the habs all of a sudden?

Old
07-16-2012, 07:03 PM
n0rthstar

Im on the fence about Semin.

1. Potential 80+point winger in his prime and regarded as one of the most talented players in the league.

2. Possible locker room Cancer who just happens to be Russian and lazy?

What are the chances we could acclimate this guy into our system? We dont have a lot of Russians to help him along the way other than Gonch but man, if we could find a way to make it work it could speed up our serious contender status immensely.

The more and more I think about it I say we give it a shot. Also I think the guy really needs to be forced to study english heavily, not being able to communicate is probably a large part of his prob, just speculation of course.

Closed Thread