HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

New Jersey - Vancouver

Old
07-12-2012, 10:34 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by LickTheEnvelope View Post

Man it's like the Sutters...
Except only Travis is any good among his brothers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrik To Daniel View Post
Add Larsson and maybe.
Wow, this sentence really should appear in only five or six out of the millions of possible trade proposals, and this is not one of them.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 11:24 AM
hollywood99
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMantzas View Post
Gonna play Devils advocate here (pun intended). Backups generally play against bottom feeders and avoid the physical and mental stress that comes from playing 60+ games
I specifically mentioned that Schnieder wasn't protected from tougher challenges...

And the physical stress should not be an issue as he was a starter in the AHL for a few seasons and played lots of games. The only challenge will be the mental grind of playing 50-60 games. But as far as goalies go, this kid is as even keal as you can get. He has a Carey Price like calmness on and off the ice. Not worried.

hollywood99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 12:39 PM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

Send a message via AIM to Zajacs Bowl Cut Send a message via Yahoo to Zajacs Bowl Cut
Zajac + Larsson for Schneider is a maybe

lol.

oh HFBoards

Zajacs Bowl Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 12:51 PM
hollywood99
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zajacs Bowl Cut View Post
Zajac + Larsson for Schneider is a maybe

lol.

oh HFBoards
Quick question for you. Where does Larsson fit next year? He was barely used in the playoffs and I'm just wondering who you think he jumps over in the depth chart next season? This isn't to diminish his value. I wouldn't do the trade above either if I was the Devils, just curious.

Old
07-12-2012, 02:15 PM
JerseyGuy276
An American Outlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywood99 View Post
Quick question for you. Where does Larsson fit next year? He was barely used in the playoffs and I'm just wondering who you think he jumps over in the depth chart next season? This isn't to diminish his value. I wouldn't do the trade above either if I was the Devils, just curious.
No, its not who he jumps over, its whos traded because its already been decided that he'll be on the roster.

JerseyGuy276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 02:21 PM
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce

Quote:
Mark Fayne is out until at least November with wrist surgery. When he comes back, Harrold comes out

Greene-Harrold/Fayne
Tallinder-Larsson
Salvador-Volchenkov

Larsson was playing very well until Subban cranked him into the boards and messed his back up. And don't forget he's 19 years old and had never played an 82 game season before. I expect him to take another step forward next year and get more responsibility.

AfroThunder396 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 02:22 PM
Henrik To Daniel

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGuy276 View Post
Did you just say add Larsson to make it Zajac+Larsson for Schneider? Are you out of your homer mind?
I already stated why Zajac is of no use to the Canucks.

1. He is a UFA next year, we aren't trading our stud goalie for a rental
2. Coming off a major injury
3. We don't need a $4M third line C

Last edited by Crimson Skorpion: 07-12-2012 at 02:29 PM. Reason: MOD EDIT
Henrik To Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 02:24 PM
MasterofGrond
No, I'm not serious.

I wouldn't trade Zajac for Schneider straight up.

Easier to find goaltending than a guy who can play 1C in the league, so unless the guy I'm getting is a proven, consistent goalie (Lundqvist, for example), I wouldn't offer significant value for a tender in today's NHL.

MasterofGrond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 02:33 PM
hollywood99
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterofGrond View Post
I wouldn't trade Zajac for Schneider straight up.

Easier to find goaltending than a guy who can play 1C in the league, so unless the guy I'm getting is a proven, consistent goalie (Lundqvist, for example), I wouldn't offer significant value for a tender in today's NHL.
Just remember there is a difference between "who can play 1C" and what is a 1C.

Bozak has played a lot of time at 1C but he is far from a #1C. Zajac is true #2C on most teams. He just happens to be the best the Devils have right now, unless Henrique can take another step forward. But if you look around at the #1C's in the game Zajac doesn't fit. ie. Stamkos, Crosby, Sedin, Kopiat, Getzlaf, Giroux etc.

Old
07-12-2012, 02:43 PM
MasterofGrond
No, I'm not serious.

Quote:
Just remember there is a difference between "who can play 1C" and what is a 1C.

Bozak has played a lot of time at 1C but he is far from a #1C. Zajac is true #2C on most teams. He just happens to be the best the Devils have right now, unless Henrique can take another step forward. But if you look around at the #1C's in the game Zajac doesn't fit. ie. Stamkos, Crosby, Sedin, Kopiat, Getzlaf, Giroux etc.
Getzlaf had 59 points last year. Zajac has topped that twice, for the record. The 30th center last year had 51 points, and Zajac given a full season, should comfortably beat that every year.

He's not an elite option at center, but he's either a low to mid 1 or a great 2 (and with Elias/Henrique that's enough for the Devils).

And so, since there really aren't that many players who you can count on for 50-70 points and selke level defense (and some chemistry with Kovalchuk), I'd rather not trade one of them for goaltending unless it's a top tier guy.

Old
07-12-2012, 02:47 PM
hollywood99
HFB Partner

Quote:
Getzlaf had 59 points last year. Zajac has topped that twice, for the record. The 30th center last year had 51 points, and Zajac given a full season, should comfortably beat that every year.

He's not an elite option at center, but he's either a low to mid 1 or a great 2 (and with Elias/Henrique that's enough for the Devils).

And so, since there really aren't that many players who you can count on for 50-70 points and selke level defense (and some chemistry with Kovalchuk), I'd rather not trade one of them for goaltending unless it's a top tier guy.
hahaha I knew I would take heat for putting Getzlaf in my list. I think he had a brutaly frustrating season last year and gave up at times. I expect a bounce back season this year. And if we're talking about topping 57 pts (his actual total) Getzlaf has done that every year and all but last and his rookie season was over a PPG.

We basically agree he's a great #2.

Old
07-12-2012, 03:50 PM
devilsrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfroThunder396 View Post
Mark Fayne is out until at least November with wrist surgery. When he comes back, Harrold comes out

Greene-Harrold/Fayne
Tallinder-Larsson
Salvador-Volchenkov

Larsson was playing very well until Subban cranked him into the boards and messed his back up. And don't forget he's 19 years old and had never played an 82 game season before. I expect him to take another step forward next year and get more responsibility.
You forgot Zidlicky!!! I guess at this point Harrold can play a different position or go back to Albany.

devilsrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 05:10 PM
hollywood99
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilsrock View Post
You forgot Zidlicky!!! I guess at this point Harrold can play a different position or go back to Albany.
I knew it didn't look as tough as I thought it was. So now including Larsson, who comes out of the top 6? When all are healthy.

Old
07-12-2012, 05:19 PM
GoodbyeLuongo

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinnishBabyJesus View Post
Umm... Potentially...
If you assume all players reach their full potential, then why would any team besides Edmonton bother playing for the next 10 years?
Seems like you are putting a lot of pressure on a goalie who hasn't played a full season.
Just curious, do all Van fans feel this way?
For the most part yes. Schneider will be a stud. He's been put into big situations and played well. He shut down the Kings in games 3-5. 4 goals in 3 games. 2 of them on odd man rushes, 1 on a terrible clearing job by the D and 1 off a rebound

GoodbyeLuongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 05:26 PM
Kip96

Quote:

Getzlaf had an insanely bad season last year so I wouldn't use that as any type of comparison

Zajac is a 2C at best on most contending teams

Kip96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 05:27 PM
Kip96

People need to watch Cory Schneider more closely, the guy is the real deal. I've been one of his biggest doubters but he's converted me over time.

People assume that the Canucks have strong defense but its actually Schneider and Luongo's stellar play. Their defense is below average in their own zone

Kip96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 05:39 PM
Duncanmac81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneiderman View Post
Sorry bud, but the Canucks would be ignorant to trade away a goalie that wants to be here only to be stuck with a goalie that wants out. Schneider is our future.
Luongo has never actually stated that he wants to go, its a business decision. Roberto sees the progress Cory has made under his wing and like all veteran plays he is going to let Cory take over in Vancouver.

All the while tho, Luongo still wants to be a number one goalie in the NHL, and he knows that he can still be a number one goalie on 75% of all remaining teams.

If Luo wanted out of Vancouver he wouldn't have signed his contract with the team for so long, he's a professional and he's been professional about all of this. He hasn't gone and done a Dwight Howard and tied his GM up and forced him to trade him to one team in particular, Luongo just sees that his time in Vancouver is over because the team doesn;t need him anymore, that a younger, goalie is ready to take over his job, all, scratch that, MOST veteran goalies eventually will run into that with the obvious exceptions of Brodeur, Roy other over the top superstars.

Duncanmac81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 05:41 PM
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJOpus View Post
Luongo's already stolen Brodeur's team Canada job, makes sense that Schneider would be able to steal Brodeur's NHL job given that he's stolent Luongo's.

I'd do the trade for Zajac either Luongo or Schneider.
both marty and moose are signed for 2 more years. there is no room for another nhl goaltender. sure we cold get schnieder, have him and marty split starts next season, then he cold take the reigns for marty's final year, bt where does that leave hedberg? he just signed a two year deal with a no trade clause so that he could have some security and move his family up from atlanta. lou lamoriello does not trade someone he just signed. especially not a highly respected veteran with a family and a no trade clause.

there is no room for schnieder, bernier, or any other of these goalies people seem to think nj is going to gt their team for. we have two more years of what we've got.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrik To Daniel View Post
Add Larsson and maybe. Gillis didn't sign Schneider to a multi year deal just to trade him.
Zajac is coming off a serious injury and not to mention he is a free agent next year
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGuy276 View Post
Did you just say add Larsson to make it Zajac+Larsson for Schneider? Are you out of your homer mind?
i...i think he did...

Rhodes 81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 05:41 PM
devilsrock

Quote:
I knew it didn't look as tough as I thought it was. So now including Larsson, who comes out of the top 6? When all are healthy.
We have to ship a few out. There will be a few d-man from Albany fighting for a spot as well.

devilsrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 05:42 PM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

Send a message via AIM to Zajacs Bowl Cut Send a message via Yahoo to Zajacs Bowl Cut
Quote:
pretty much all Devils fans believe one of Tallinder, Volchenkov, or Greene will be traded

most hope it is not Greene. we have too many guys.

Lou has said that Larsson will be a regular next season.

Old
07-12-2012, 05:47 PM
Virtanev
★★★

vCash: 55
Think about it like this Devils fans, Schneider is just as valuable to are organization as Larsson is to yours. Both organizations value there piece more, so let's just leave it at that.

Virtanev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 05:52 PM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Canuck View Post
Think about it like this Devils fans, Schneider is just as valuable to are organization as Larsson is to yours. Both organizations value there piece more, so let's just leave it at that.
sorry but that just isn't true

stud #1 DMen are harder to find and more valuable than stud #1 goalies

Old
07-12-2012, 05:57 PM
Virtanev
★★★

vCash: 55
Quote:

So your saying Doughty>Lundqvist? Vancouver organization values Schneider higher than Larsson, while New Jersey's values Larsson higher. Can't you just acknowledge that?

Virtanev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 06:01 PM
MasterofGrond
No, I'm not serious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kip96 View Post
Getzlaf had an insanely bad season last year so I wouldn't use that as any type of comparison

Zajac is a 2C at best on most contending teams
I was merely playing devil's advocate with that one.

And the "at best" wording is damn disingenuous to Zajac. How many teams are there in the league with two centers better than him? 4 or 5? Maybe? Zajac is a top 20 center and while you obviously would like to have a guy better than him on your first line, a team with him in a 1a/1b combo could almost certainly contend with the right wingers.

Old
07-12-2012, 06:03 PM
Kershaw

Quote:

This.

I am a Rangers fan, but Larsson has the smarts to pull it together for a long successful career as a #1 defenseman. He shouldn't be traded for any goalie in the league IMO.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote