HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Chicago discussing Hjalmarsson package with Habs for Plekanec

Old
07-12-2012, 07:09 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontToewzMeBro View Post
You guys are going to hate it when you see...

Hjarlmasson
Bickell
Lalonde
Pirri
2nd

For Plekanec and Tinordi
Not close for me. I wouldn't actually trade Plekanec alone for all that. Again, it just ought to emphasize how important Plekanec is in his current role to the Habs. There's nothing in that package that replaces his impact to the team, and the Habs need him more than they need any of that other stuff (or any of that other stuff combined).

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 07:19 AM
OneSharpMarble

Chicago would have to overpay, not because I think plekanec is incredible but because he is our only top line centre. We would be essentially writing off this season.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 08:31 AM
otto bond

I would say that if the Hawks wants Plekanec, it's gonna cost them some one like Sharp, Bolland or Hossa.

Having said that, if Montreal likes Hjalmarsson, something around Weber and prospect like Bournival, Nattinen or Ellis.

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 08:43 AM
Hugo Sham

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayNah View Post
I think you mean 2013 2nd, which the Hawks don't own right now. If we could get one from another team via trade I'd like this deal. Don't see Mtl going for it though. Plek would be a perfect fit on the Hawks. Also instead if Mtl wants an NHL ready guy they could swap the prospect for a big forward like Bickell(great cap hit) or maybe Stalberg(take out the 2nd).

So something like:
Plekanec
Emelin

Hjalmarsson
Stalberg
Kruger
or
Hjalmarsson
Bickell
Kruger
4th rounder
keep dreaming. Bergevin hangs up the phone laughing

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 08:46 AM
massivegoonery

Couldn't see the Habs moving Plekanec without Bolland going the other way.

massivegoonery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 08:47 AM
Hugo Sham

Quote:

Hjarlmasson
Bickell
Lalonde
Pirri
2nd

For Plekanec and Tinordi
habs best center and a young, tough shutdown d man with huge size which habs have been looking for, for two decades. yeah deal makes sense

Old
07-12-2012, 08:49 AM
Hugo Sham

Quote:
Originally Posted by massivegoonery View Post
Couldn't see the Habs moving Plekanec without Bolland going the other way.
at the very least. this thread has taken a turn for the surreal. hawks fans are asking for exactly the same things the habs have lacked (quality centers) for years and assets they have finally started developing (tough dmen-tinordi,emelin)

Old
07-12-2012, 08:50 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
Sharp isn't going anywhere.

I wouldn't be opposed to Hammer + Bolland for Plekanec + (that + being something decent in value that is NHL ready)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
Sharp >>>>>> Plekanec
Quote:
Originally Posted by zytz View Post
get ready for it

sharp
Hjalmarsson

plekanec
Subban
Quote:
Originally Posted by needle View Post
Plekanec for Hjalmarsson sounds good.
Oh boy...

Clear examples of people only watching their team and having no clue about other players around the league.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 08:54 AM
Sawyer
Wheeeee

I don't even want Sharp, Toews or Kane in a package that Montreal has to make primarily based on the assets Montreal would be required to give up. Sharp is as valuable to the Hawks as Plekanec is to Montreal
I'd rather a deal around Hossa, he'd be able to replace what Plekanec does for the Habs and I would hope that his cost is a bit lower than Sharp but Hawks fans are in a better position to answer that than I.

Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 09:15 AM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
I don't even want Sharp, Toews or Kane in a package that Montreal has to make primarily based on the assets Montreal would be required to give up. Sharp is as valuable to the Hawks as Plekanec is to Montreal
I'd rather a deal around Hossa, he'd be able to replace what Plekanec does for the Habs and I would hope that his cost is a bit lower than Sharp but Hawks fans are in a better position to answer that than I.
The only reason I'd want Hossa is to play with Plekanec, otherwise I dont see why we'd get him. With Hossa it would be a case of being too late, time to move on to younger players.

Frozenice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 09:47 AM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
No he isn't.

Sharp is probably the Hawks 5th most important player (Toews, Kane, Keith, Seabrook all ahead of him) while Plekx is obviously the Habs' number 1 .

Not even close.

UniverStalinGraduate* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 10:03 AM
Clipitar

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniverStalinGraduate View Post
No he isn't.

Sharp is probably the Hawks 5th most important player (Toews, Kane, Keith, Seabrook all ahead of him) while Plekx is obviously the Habs' number 1 .

Not even close.
That doesn't say much other than Hawks being much more top-heavy in starpower. Sharp is still a more valuable player than Plekanec (in a vacuum, not to their respective team). And that's coming from a guy who's been in love with Tomas ever since I've seen him live in his first NHL preseason game.

Clipitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 10:08 AM
HawksFan37

Quote:

Hjarlmasson
Bickell
Lalonde
Pirri
2nd

For Plekanec and Tinordi
No way Montreal does that.

Something along the lines of Hjalmarsson, Stalberg and prospect for Plekanec and lesser prospect might work. But like the Montreal posters are saying, for them to give up Plekanec it makes things tough for them this season without their current best center.

At the same time, I'm not giving up Sharp for Plekanec either from our perspective.

HawksFan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 10:27 AM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipitar View Post
That doesn't say much other than Hawks being much more top-heavy in starpower. Sharp is still a more valuable player than Plekanec (in a vacuum, not to their respective team). And that's coming from a guy who's been in love with Tomas ever since I've seen him live in his first NHL preseason game.
How?

Plekanec is a better 2 way guy, and plays at the more valuable position.

Other than scoring more goals per season how the hell is Sharp more valuable than Plekanec?

He's also a year older so they wouldn't be getting any sort of youth injection back.

Old
07-12-2012, 10:28 AM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFan37 View Post
No way Montreal does that.

Something along the lines of Hjalmarsson, Stalberg and prospect for Plekanec and lesser prospect might work. But like the Montreal posters are saying, for them to give up Plekanec it makes things tough for them this season without their current best center.

At the same time, I'm not giving up Sharp for Plekanec either from our perspective.
Neither would Montreal.

Unless the prospect in your proposal is TT that trade is not happening. Hjalmarsson is so far from what the Habs need, Stalberg is not young enough to have much upside anymore, at all. And is really just not what the Habs need at all.

Old
07-12-2012, 10:32 AM
Frank Drebin

vCash: 735
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvisisalive View Post
Lets see, where to begin, well for one, my IQ is 145, second of all, I have no Canadian bias, If you had any real knowledge of Sharp you would then understand fully just the kind of leader he is, and why he's considered an untouchable by most Hawk fans. I do happen to have alot of inside knowledge of the NHL. I was a former scout for an NHL team, with 2 pics of mine currently playing in the NHL, one of which recently signed himself a lucrative contract. I am still in the game in a different capacity, and yes, when I'm in Montreal, I've seen Pleks play many times over the years. Im sorry, but his compete level, and his leadership qualities just dont match up with Sharp, Im not saying they are terrible, its just a comparison between the two, comparisons that i am trained, and was paid to do. I'm not perfect, i thought Angelo Esposito was going to be a star, but i also recognized that Maxime Lapierre was going to be an NHL player, despite his modest numbers in junior. At the end of the day, its just my opinion, but it does come from experience, My criticism of you is based on your stats only stance, which has been proven time and time again to be only one aspect when judging a player. The world is littered with players who lit it up in junior but couldnt translate that at the NHL level. i had to figure out the diference, sometimesi was right, and sometimes I was wrong, but overall, my record is a good one, and i stand by it. just guessing, but i doubt you carry the same pedigree
My IQ is 146.

Frank Drebin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 10:33 AM
GaryU

Never seen Sharp play, huh? very good 2-way player, very good PKer, best shooter on the team..Though I can see how Plekanec is more valuable on that squad...oh, and Sharp played #2C in 2010, no idea why Q isn't still using him there...

GaryU is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 10:39 AM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryU View Post
Never seen Sharp play, huh? very good 2-way player, very good PKer, best shooter on the team..Though I can see how Plekanec is more valuable on that squad...oh, and Sharp played #2C in 2010, no idea why Q isn't still using him there...
1:05 per game on the PK last year (27th PK in the league)
1:15 per game on the PK 2 years ago (25th PK in the league)
1:06 per game on the PK 3 years ago (4th PK in the league)
:45 per game on the PK 4 years ago (18th PK in the league)

Pretty amazing that a supposedly "very good PKer" has played SO little on the PK in the last 4 years eh?

Especially since in 3 of the 4 years they were a bottom 15 PK'ing team and the last 2 years they were bottom 5.

You'd think that with such a good PK'er getting so PK'ing minutes on a weak PK team they'd up his minutes eh?

Also, the most faceoffs he's taken in those 4 years was 566, so really not sure what you're talking about with him as the 2C. Quite obvious he has at no point played extensively as the 2C.

Old
07-12-2012, 10:42 AM
Clipitar

Quote:
How?

Plekanec is a better 2 way guy, and plays at the more valuable position.

Other than scoring more goals per season how the hell is Sharp more valuable than Plekanec?

He's also a year older so they wouldn't be getting any sort of youth injection back.
As I've said, I'm a big fan of Plekanec, so I'm not trying to downplay him.

Sharp is simply a better offensive player than Pleks, and a helluva goal scorer. He's almost as elite defensively and a constant PK threat, being one of the League's best SH goal producer year in year out.

I'm not going to argue intangibles because I believe Plekanec is an under-appreciated leader. Both are workhorses who can shutdown other team's top lines and change the course of a game with an offensive breakout.

All in all, Sharp has a bit more value because he has an edge offensively while Pleks has one defensively. They aren't far apart in both departments, but I don't think I have to convince anyone that offensive skills/production tend to be valued at least slightly more on the trade market.

Clipitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 10:44 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

if we get Plekanec, I'd give up Bolland for him....

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 10:50 AM
habs_24x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
if we get Plekanec, I'd give up Bolland for him....
if we get Sharp, I'd give up Plekanec for him...

habs_24x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 10:51 AM
Sawyer
Wheeeee

Quote:
No he isn't.

Not even close.
the comment is in regards to the amount of ice time used in all situations, not just star power alone

Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 11:08 AM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by IranCondraAffair View Post
Plekanec is 29 yrs old and is a 1a/1b centre. What the **** do you think the Habs should do? Ice a roster of rookies? Every team has a bunch of guys who will be "knocking on the door" in a few years. Ottawa has Noesen, Z-Bad, Silfverberg, Stone, Prince, Puempel, etc.. it doesn't mean we should trade Spezza to make room for them.

Maybe once even ONE of those players establishes themselves as a dependable top-6 person, you can think of a trade like this, but doing it now will tank the team. Without question.
Understood, but I'm relatively comfortable should the habs go that route.

I want the habs to be a perrenial playoff team, not a "are we gonna finish 6th or 10th this year?" I'm tired of it really. Speaking on my own behalf, I can deal with selling the present in order to have a stronger team top to bottom in the future.

My suggestion was:

TT
Beach
2nd or 3rd in 2013

This package is still doable come deadline 2013. Should habs be on outside looking in, I would not mind building for future.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 11:20 AM
gifted88
Dante the poet

Chicago would need to add someone significant to Hjarlmasson to get this done. Like Bolland.

No way Habs move forward without Pleks or a Pleks replacement and Chicago probably doesn't want to add someone like Bolland.

gifted88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 11:33 AM
zytz
lumberjack

Quote:

Yeah who cares about goals?

zytz is offline   Reply With Quote