HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Plekanec to Phoenix

Old
07-11-2012, 01:31 AM
Rabbit
Captain Cook

vCash: 500
Plekanec to Phoenix

Maloney is actively looking for a center, and i feel Pleks could be a go to guy for the Coyotes.

This is not really a proposal, because for some reason Hfboards mobile doesn't have "Value Of" anymore. However i will say that the Coyotes have a lot of money to work with and a lot if assetts (mainly defense and defense prospects) to offer. Could we work something around Rundblad and picks? Obviously pieces will need to be added, but i guess what I'm asking is what do the Habs want for him?

I would say our untouchable prospects and/or players would be:
Gormley
Hanzal
Boedker
Ekman-Larsson

And i don't believe he would trade Yandle for Pleks, so let's please not turn this into a Yandle thread. If he's going to trade Yandle, its going to be an offer he absolutely can't refuse.

With all that said, nobody is really untouchable these days, but let's try and stay realistic.

Thoughts? Proposals?

Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 01:57 AM
ECWHSWI
Spartan mic'

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit3119 View Post
Maloney is actively looking for a center, and i feel Pleks could be a go to guy for the Coyotes.

This is not really a proposal, because for some reason Hfboards mobile doesn't have "Value Of" anymore. However i will say that the Coyotes have a lot of money to work with and a lot if assetts (mainly defense and defense prospects) to offer. Could we work something around Rundblad and picks? Obviously pieces will need to be added, but i guess what I'm asking is what do the Habs want for him?

Gormley
Hanzal
Boedker
Ekman-Larsson

And i don't believe he would trade Yandle for Pleks, so let's please not turn this into a Yandle thread. If he's going to trade Yandle, its going to be an offer he absolutely can't refuse.

With all that said, nobody is really untouchable these days, but let's try and stay realistic.

Thoughts? Proposals?

No thanks.

Once you rule out those 4, there isnt much to offer from PHX for a C like Plekanec.

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 02:03 AM
Miller Time

Quote:

Gormley
Hanzal
Boedker
Ekman-Larsson

Thoughts? Proposals?
you won't like any of the proposals habs fans will put forward... Pleks is hugely valuable to us, would take a significant offer to be worth moving him, and with those 4 assets out of the equation, not much left...

Yandle
Rundblad
2013 1st

not that i think the yotes would bite, but that would be the kind of asking price it would take.

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 02:07 AM
ronaldo123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
you won't like any of the proposals habs fans will put forward... Pleks is hugely valuable to us, would take a significant offer to be worth moving him, and with those 4 assets out of the equation, not much left...

Yandle
Rundblad
2013 1st

not that i think the yotes would bite, but that would be the kind of asking price it would take.
That's a ridiculous price for Plekanec. Yandle alone is worth more. Im sure Phoenix would not move Rundblad and a 1st for him as well though I could be wrong

ronaldo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 02:10 AM
VegasSabreFan

Quote:

Yandle
Rundblad
2013 1st

Sorry but Yandle is worth more than a 2nd line center, no way Coyotes have to add Runblad and a 1st.

I know you guys don't have a lot of depth at the position but I would think Montreal would trade Plekanec straight for Yandle and try Galchenyuk now before they would even think of asking Phoenix to add to that deal. Not that Phoenix would ever offer the deal to begin with.

VegasSabreFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 02:14 AM
Playmaker09
Valar Morghulis

1) The Yotes don't have what we would want. We're just not good trading partners.

2) From a value standpoint start with Gormley, then add.

Playmaker09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 02:19 AM
ECWHSWI
Spartan mic'

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasSabreFan View Post
Sorry but Yandle is worth more than a 2nd line center, no way Coyotes have to add Runblad and a 1st.

I know you guys don't have a lot of depth at the position but I would think Montreal would trade Plekanec straight for Yandle and try Galchenyuk now before they would even think of asking Phoenix to add to that deal. Not that Phoenix would ever offer the deal to begin with.
huh...

Old
07-11-2012, 02:21 AM
Mr Misty
The Irons Are Back!

Yandle>Plekanec

Mr Misty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 02:25 AM
ECWHSWI
Spartan mic'

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasSabreFan View Post

thing is, Plekanec plays ALL the hard minutes in a game.
- Takes most FO in the defensive zone
- 1st unit PK
- play last minutes of most games (unless a blowout one way or another) in all situation - trailing - leading - tied
- is used on the PP
- asked to shutdown opponent first lines
- and finally, he's the ones we give ****** wingers to...

Old
07-11-2012, 02:30 AM
ronaldo123

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
thing is, Plekanec plays ALL the hard minutes in a game.
- Takes most FO in the defensive zone
- 1st unit PK
- play last minutes of most games (unless a blowout one way or another) in all situation - trailing - leading - tied
- is used on the PP
- asked to shutdown opponent first lines
- and finally, he's the ones we give ****** wingers to...
He is not a true clear cut no1 C. He is better suited for the no2 job. His D is good but not elite. Very good 2nd line C who can put up 50-60 points

ronaldo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 02:30 AM
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

vCash: 178
Quote:

Yandle
Rundblad
2013 1st

That is utterly ridiculous and I am a Habs fan. At best, Yandle and Plekanec are a wash value wise, otherwise you could make a case the former would covet more. I could see something around...

Rundblad
Lessio
2013 1st

Admittedly, I do not know Phoenix's prospect pool well excluding Rundblad or Gormley. Murphy may be another piece Montreal would target. Frankly, I do not believe asking for Gormley is unreasonable however Rundblad has significant upside from what Ottawa fans went on about, thus there might be interest there.

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 02:38 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Habs aren't trading Pleks for picks and prospects, because I doubt Bergevin wants to start his career as a GM by going into full tank mode before the season even starts.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 02:49 AM
CobraAcesS

Quote:

Gormley
Hanzal
Boedker
Ekman-Larsson

Thoughts? Proposals?

I have much love for Phoenix, but this is like any other team starting a thread asking for a center after removing every valuable piece they have from the table.

Realistically there is what? Two teams in the league with enough depth to move a top 6 center? SJ & COL?

Last edited by CobraAcesS: 07-11-2012 at 03:07 AM.
CobraAcesS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 02:56 AM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

Definitely would target Yandle.
Plekanec + Beaulieu + depth D if necessary.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 03:30 AM
ECWHSWI
Spartan mic'

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronaldo123 View Post
He is not a true clear cut no1 C. He is better suited for the no2 job. His D is good but not elite. Very good 2nd line C who can put up 50-60 points
trying to define Plekanec by points he puts on the board (and only that) would be like saying Hanzal is only an agerage 3rd line C since he only puts up 30 pts or so per season or saying Hossa is an average 1st liner since he rarely get above PPG seasons...

Old
07-11-2012, 03:31 AM
ECWHSWI
Spartan mic'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument90 View Post
Definitely would target Yandle.
Plekanec + Beaulieu + depth D if necessary.
you love Yandle enough to endure Gomez in the Habs line-up for another 2 years ?

Old
07-11-2012, 03:36 AM
MoldyCakes
Fight, Troll, Score

Plekanec is a very versatile forward for the Habs; he can do many things for the Habs and hence letting him go (never mind he has a NTC) would require substantial compensation in return. The Habs are losing a solid PKer, solid shutdown center, and a 50-60 center. To pry him away would likely cost a top prospect and a high draft pick or equivalent.

MoldyCakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 03:36 AM
Bourne Endeavor

Quote:
you love Yandle enough to endure Gomez in the Habs line-up for another 2 years ?
Galchenyuk
Desharnais
Eller

Rotate as necessary and I could live with it. Worst case scenario, we get a good player, possibly a pick and can draft MacKinnon.

Old
07-11-2012, 03:41 AM
ECWHSWI
Spartan mic'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
Galchenyuk
Desharnais
Eller

Rotate as necessary and I could live with it. Worst case scenario, we get a good player, possibly a pick and can draft MacKinnon.
can we wait till he plays his first pro game before asking him to do Plek's job please...

I mean, I know he's a top prospect, but the guy missed most of his last season, as a Junior...

Old
07-11-2012, 03:53 AM
Bourne Endeavor

Quote:
can we wait till he plays his first pro game before asking him to do Plek's job please...

I mean, I know he's a top prospect, but the guy missed most of his last season, as a Junior...
He does not have to do Plekanec's job. This would give Eller an opportunity to prove himself. Besides we are not a playoff team and have plenty of room to experiment.

Old
07-11-2012, 04:48 AM
Tacos
Wheeeee

vCash: 50
Not a chance
Might as well make Montreals top commodity in the league as the first round pick, Eller, Gomez and Desharnais as the top three....woot woot, top 5 pick, here we come

Tacos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 06:46 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronaldo123 View Post
It may be true but what you need to understand is that Plekanec is the Habs number one centre and they have no one to take his place at the moment.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 07:46 AM
Ginu

Plekanec not a true #1 center? Name 30 centers who are better.

Ginu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 08:07 AM
mkearney913
Bob Ross

I don't see Phoenix and Montreal as good trading partners.

While Phoenix needs a top-tier centre exactly like Plekanic to go over the top, they don't have a lot of prospects that are valuable to Montreal, due to their existing defensive prospect depth.

If Montreal is trading Plekanic, they will want a package that includes at least one top-six forward prospect and a first-round pick. Frankly, if Boedker is untouchable, Phoenix doesn't have a forward of that calibre to give away.

mkearney913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2012, 08:25 AM
alpine4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
Plekanec not a true #1 center? Name 30 centers who are better.
here are Centers I would prefer to Plekanec...

Ryan Getzlaf (ANA)
Tyler Seguin (BOS)
Patrice Bergeron (BOS)
David Krejci (BOS)
Eric Staal (CAR)
Jordan Staal (CAR)
Jonathan Toews (CHI)
Dave Bolland (CHI)
Ryan O'Reilly (COL)
Paul Stastny (COL)
Matt Duchesne (COL)
Derek Roy (DAL)