HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Most likely buying season tickets for next year

Old
05-09-2012, 03:20 AM
Primrose Everdeen
Libérée, Délivrée

vCash: 500
Most likely buying season tickets for next year

I don't exactly have deep pockets, but I really like the Coyotes, and have decided that I should actually, you know, help pay for the organization's existence here. The NHL isn't free, and watching on streams and then complaining about them possibly leaving (hopefully that nightmare is over, but anyway) is just kind of... dumb.

Anyway, I was looking at their season ticket pricing for next year just randomly, and thought to myself, "Hey, if I stop spending so much money on beer, I can afford that!" Can't beat $10 per game, and doing something like section 214 for $18 per game is also probably something I can afford.

Anyway, what can you guys tell me about season tickets that the Coyotes' website doesn't necessarily tell me? Main thing I'm interested in, do I have to pay for all 41 tickets at once, or can I pay in installments? If I can't, a summer of saving up as much cash as possible is most certainly in order.

Primrose Everdeen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 03:28 AM
BigGumby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricia McMillan View Post
I don't exactly have deep pockets, but I really like the Coyotes, and have decided that I should actually, you know, help pay for the organization's existence here. The NHL isn't free, and watching on streams and then complaining about them possibly leaving (hopefully that nightmare is over, but anyway) is just kind of... dumb.

Anyway, I was looking at their season ticket pricing for next year just randomly, and thought to myself, "Hey, if I stop spending so much money on beer, I can afford that!" Can't beat $10 per game, and doing something like section 214 for $18 per game is also probably something I can afford.

Anyway, what can you guys tell me about season tickets that the Coyotes' website doesn't necessarily tell me? Main thing I'm interested in, do I have to pay for all 41 tickets at once, or can I pay in installments? If I can't, a summer of saving up as much cash as possible is most certainly in order.
Also, if you purchase 2012-13 STs, you save money on playoff tickets this post-season.

As for payment, they allow payment plans and are very flexible with those.

Other than that, you get a dedicated service rep, access to the player meet-and-greet event, guaranteed give-aways, and they have been giving pins to STHs at least the past 2 seasons. Not sure if all STs get a parking pass, but I think they do.

Overall, it's not a bad deal if you can make it to that many games.

BigGumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 06:28 AM
TickleMeYandle
Not so fast,

You also get online access with season tickets - so you can leave your tickets on the plastic card and just use that, or you can e-mail the tickets to someone, sell them, or print them out from that control panel. It's very convenient if you can't make a game to give them to someone else. If you need to add tickets, you can also have them added right to the card.

If you need to purchase extras for a game, you can get them at the STH price - if you have 1 ST, you can add an additional ticket for any game. If you have 2ST, you can add up to 2 tickets for any game, etc.

It's great being able to talk to your dedicated rep. I had never met mine before, and I went up to a table at the game a month or so ago and the rep asked my name. I just said my first name, he immediately asked if I my last name was Frackiewicz, turns out he was my rep. So they really do know their customers.

TickleMeYandle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 07:04 AM
ScottsdaleYote

What I'd recommend is see if you can get someone to go in with you, because it can be tough to make it to all 41 games, and it helps defray part of the costs. The Coyotes do a great job of making it easy for you with the dedicated rep and allowing you to put it on your card like others have written.

Another option is that you can get the 20 game pak (they don't start selling it until later). You don't get as good of a seat option, and the per game rate is higher than the full season rate, but other than that it offers a lot of flexibility.

I wouldn't recommend the 11 game pak. I did it one year, and found myself just wanting more, so I bought tickets to additional games and probaby paid about as much as the 20 game pak (the rate goes up for the 11 game pak as well).

It's a really great deal, and the part I like the best is that you get to know your fellow STH next to you, so it becomes a mini-community which makes deep playoff runs even more fun.

ScottsdaleYote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 08:24 AM
Jamieh

The last 3 seasons have had a parking pass included in the package but so far it is not included in next year's package. My rep says they will not know about parking until new owner is in place. Another nice perk has been playoff tics are quite a bit cheaper if you commit to next season.

Jamieh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 09:32 AM
DirtyOldMan
Yotes still in AZ?

Another good benny is the deal where if you have unused tickets, there will be a subset of games (admittedly, the ones less well attended) where you can exchange those unused "dead" tickets for past games for these games. Good for taking larger groups to games... the first year they were in Glendale I took my whole beer league team to a game (your mileage may vary, they might not have that many seats together to game you'd want to attend)

DirtyOldMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 11:57 AM

Four years ago when I was a STH the best benefit they offered was switching out seats to games through the season. There were a few games excluded, but pretty much the opposite of today where only a few games were included. I ended up whittling it down to more like a 20 game season and used the extra tickets to take my nephews and other friends/family. If they did that again I would sign up today.

I'd really like to get them again, but I can't make it to many of the games and it's just not worth losing the money unless the right deal is available. When I called them and asked about it this morning they made it sound like you were not really able to upgrade on a game by game basis at the STH discount, and adding seats wasn't really a good option at the STH discount on a game by game basis. You'd think that kind of stuff would be covered if they wanted to sell tickets.

Guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 06:07 PM
AZcoyotes
So... Now what?

I got the 20 game package this year. Stepping up to the plate and getting full season next year

AZcoyotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 06:08 PM
moosemeister

If they actually stay I plan on getting a 20 game pack. Damn student loans lol

moosemeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 11:35 PM
Primrose Everdeen
Libérée, Délivrée

Been playing phone tag with someone from the Coyotes named Brian since Tuesday. He called me Tuesday morning before I woke up (I work in a business where I don't have to be up in the mornings, heh) and left a message. I called him back, and... left a message, since he didn't answer.

I honestly have no idea what I'm going to say to him once/if we actually get ahold of each other.

Old
05-12-2012, 12:00 AM
gorsk11

Quote:
Been playing phone tag with someone from the Coyotes named Brian since Tuesday. He called me Tuesday morning before I woke up (I work in a business where I don't have to be up in the mornings, heh) and left a message. I called him back, and... left a message, since he didn't answer.

I honestly have no idea what I'm going to say to him once/if we actually get ahold of each other.
Glad to hear you are jumping on board. I hope you do commit to doing a season tix or a partial game plan. I have had season tix for 4 full seasons and one parital season. I have not had st or a partial plan for the last two years...

If you don't get someone - I've worked with Drew for my tix.. call in and ask for Drew....tell him Bob recommended him.

Anyone interested.....
I put down a deposit for next year when the playoffs started. I am looking to share some season tix with someone - 2 seats or if not 1 seat - splitting them 20 games a year in the lower level in or around section 106. We can split up the games...you can have the first 6 games....I will likely go to a few extra anyway. PM me if you are interested.

gorsk11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2012, 12:14 AM
Naurutger
Free Max!

21 game plans are great, allows you to pick the games you want. But that could change next year.

Naurutger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2012, 12:28 AM
awfulwaffle

A bit off topic, as I know you are planning on getting season tickets, but if I wind up in Flagstaff, can I pick a game shortly before the game is taking place, or is it you have to pick your 20 games way ahead of time before the season starts?

Flagstaff is a bit of a drive for every home game, especially on back to backs, but if I have the disposable cash after moving and settling down, Coyotes have been on my list of things to do, and at the top. I can go without Xbox, and all that other stuff, cut back on the trips to the sports bars, and budget around tickets to this team live.

awfulwaffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2012, 12:35 AM
Naurutger
Free Max!

Yeah they make a deadline for you to pick all your games. So its not that flexible but if you search aaa and coyotes, they will usually sell discounted tickets through the aaa arizona site. You can always ask one of the season ticket holders to call in and buy tickets at their rate. I just ran into trouble with my season rep leaving and no one telling me so I had to track one down and he is spacey.

Old
05-12-2012, 09:34 AM
awfulwaffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by naurutger View Post
Yeah they make a deadline for you to pick all your games. So its not that flexible but if you search aaa and coyotes, they will usually sell discounted tickets through the aaa arizona site. You can always ask one of the season ticket holders to call in and buy tickets at their rate. I just ran into trouble with my season rep leaving and no one telling me so I had to track one down and he is spacey.
Yeah, i do that every now and then(made friends with season ticket holders behind the tickets I used to get from my brother in law's company), but they give playoff tickets to family, and I guess season ticket holders get cheaper playoff tickets than the single ticket buyers from what he told me? Or something like that?

awfulwaffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 05:36 PM
Primrose Everdeen
Libérée, Délivrée

Brian finally returned my phone call today and invited me to the open house on Monday night. Great timing, since I got paid from one job today and get paid from my other job tomorrow. I'll be walking into that building fully intent to throw down a deposit on a full season package next year. Can't wait!

Old
05-17-2012, 06:20 PM
Naurutger
Free Max!

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfulwaffle View Post
Yeah, i do that every now and then(made friends with season ticket holders behind the tickets I used to get from my brother in law's company), but they give playoff tickets to family, and I guess season ticket holders get cheaper playoff tickets than the single ticket buyers from what he told me? Or something like that?
I think playoff tickets cost 75% face value if you got a playoff package and 55% if you re upped for season tickets.

Old
05-17-2012, 06:28 PM
Flying Chalupa

pre-Congrats on your season ticket purchase.

I just moved my seats for next year and I'm super-psyched about my new location!!

Flying Chalupa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 06:41 PM

I'll be picking out my seats Monday as well. I put the deposit down last week so I could get the discount on the playoff tickets.

I am not sure if I am going to get cheap seats as I won't be able to go to all of the games or get the seats I really want. If I get the cheap seats then I will just upgrade for the games I do go to.

Guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 06:57 PM
fishbert

No love for the 4-game pack?

I'm down in Tucson and committing to anything bigger isn't really practical for me (folks complaining about the drive from Scottsdale are still wimps, though). And you still get a lot of the same season ticket benefits (online ticket access, ticket wallet card, access to playoff strips before public sale, etc.). I'd highly recommend it for folks in the Phoenix area, too, if they're on a limited budget.

fishbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 09:26 PM
ajmidd12
Know-It-All

What are the ST prices per section?

My grandparents are 'snowbirds' who own a home in Phoenix, I visit from time to time, wouldn't mind getting a set for when I'm there.

Call me greedy but I miss watching hockey when I'm not in Winnipeg, especially when someone else is sitting in my seats. Lol.

ajmidd12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 09:28 PM
Primrose Everdeen
Libérée, Délivrée

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmidd12 View Post
What are the ST prices per section?

My grandparents are 'snowbirds' who own a home in Phoenix, I visit from time to time, wouldn't mind getting a set for when I'm there.

Call me greedy but I miss watching hockey when I'm not in Winnipeg, especially when someone else is sitting in my seats. Lol.

Directly from their website. Hope that helps.

Old
05-17-2012, 09:59 PM
ajmidd12
Know-It-All

Quote:

Directly from their website. Hope that helps.
Thanks! is that per seat?!?!

That's awesomely cheap!!! You guys would lose it if you knew what we pay here for 41 games.

ajmidd12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2012, 10:02 PM
Primrose Everdeen
Libérée, Délivrée

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmidd12 View Post
Thanks! is that per seat?!?!

That's awesomely cheap!!! You guys would lose it if you knew what we pay here for 41 games.
While I later found out that it wasn't exactly the most reliable source in the world, the source did list the Jets as the most expensive team in the league with an average ticket cost of something like $250, so I do have an idea. It's pretty crazy.

Old
05-18-2012, 01:05 AM
fishbert

Quote:
While I later found out that it wasn't exactly the most reliable source in the world, the source did list the Jets as the most expensive team in the league with an average ticket cost of something like $250, so I do have an idea. It's pretty crazy.
Canadia; where the rich get to watch hockey in person. (but not in the post-season )

fishbert is offline   Reply With Quote