HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

New York Rangers Hockey Cards

Old
08-14-2011, 03:22 PM
gotmonte

vCash: 500
New York Rangers Hockey Cards

I know it is a slow time of the year for hockey but I have been collecting cards lately (Hockey Cards, Upper Deck, Pinnacle, ect ect).

My question to the Hfboards Community is... Does anyone know where I can find a COMPLETE 1993-1994 New York Rangers Hockey Card Set?

I been tooling around on Google looking and ebay but I havent seen any.

Reason I ask is because on Upper Decks website they are selling a complete NHL Champions Boston Bruins 2010-2011 Set of Cards. I have seen other sets for other teams during their cup winning year. But I havent seen New York Rangers stuff.

I wasnt sure where to ask this on this board but I figured NEW YORK RANGERS would be a safe bet.

I am from New York myself and a Die Hard Rangers Fan and I definately want this set.

Does anyone know of/have one for sale?

I really dont care if it is by Upper Deck, Topps (unsure if they deal in Hockey related stuff or not), Pinnacle or Opee-Chee or whatever.

Thank you for your time and help.

Sincerley

gotmonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2011, 03:30 PM
Leslie Treff
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotmonte View Post
I know it is a slow time of the year for hockey but I have been collecting cards lately (Hockey Cards, Upper Deck, Pinnacle, ect ect).

My question to the Hfboards Community is... Does anyone know where I can find a COMPLETE 1993-1994 New York Rangers Hockey Card Set?

Reason I ask is because on Upper Decks website they are selling a complete NHL Champions Boston Bruins 2010-2011 Set of Cards. I have seen other sets for other teams during their cup winning year. But I havent seen New York Rangers stuff.

I wasnt sure where to ask this on this board but I figured NEW YORK RANGERS would be a safe bet.

I am from New York myself and a Die Hard Rangers Fan and I definately want this set.

I really dont care if it is by Upper Deck, Topps (unsure if they deal in Hockey related stuff or not), Pinnacle or Opee-Chee or whatever.

Sincerley
I would also check Beckett.com. You might be able to get a set through their marketplace.

Leslie Treff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2011, 03:46 PM
The Mouth

I'm a big time collector of Hockey cards and I am a subscriber of Beckett.com I will post in their forums to see if anyone can put a set together for you.

Also if any of you want ranger rookie cards/Game used/ or auto cards I have tons. I would be willing to sell them to ya at 75% of Book value in most cases. Just send me a PM.

On a side note Hugh Jessiman got his first Rookie card this year in the 2011-12 set as Panther.

The Mouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2011, 03:58 PM
gravytrain6t

Quote:

Sincerley
I have it. It's fleer however (which I think is Topps right?). Thing is, I don't remember where I got it. What I would do, is go into a few of your local hobby shops and see if someone can order it for you. I think I have a box of bee hive waiting to be picked up and it goes back to around that season or before. Good news is, if you find it, it's going to be relatively cheap compared to premium products of today, like "The Cup" or "SP Authentic." Good Luck!

Last edited by gravytrain6t: 08-17-2011 at 09:00 AM.
gravytrain6t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2011, 04:06 PM
gravytrain6t

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mouth View Post
I'm a big time collector of Hockey cards and I am a subscriber of Beckett.com I will post in their forums to see if anyone can put a set together for you.

Also if any of you want ranger rookie cards/Game used/ or auto cards I have tons. I would be willing to sell them to ya at 75% of Book value in most cases. Just send me a PM.

On a side note Hugh Jessiman got his first Rookie card this year in the 2011-12 set as Panther.
What's up with UD? I got a Matt Zaba Young Gun in Series two. I'm almost certain Grachev is in there as well but they don't have McDonagh, or Zuccarello!! Good job by UD Luckily they at least had Stepan. Not unless there's a late summer product out, and they're in there? Do you have them?

Old
08-14-2011, 04:22 PM
Leslie Treff
Hockey's Future Staff

I too am a collector and have a complete Topps set (over 500 cards) for that year. It is not for sale, but I am sure that if you keep looking, you can get a complete set and put your Rangers set together. The complete set is not worth more than $20 as a whole, so don't pay a lot of money for it.

Old
08-14-2011, 04:26 PM
Leslie Treff
Hockey's Future Staff

looks like someone has put sets together and made it available on eBay for $1.99.

http://cgi.ebay.com/1993-94-Topps-Pr...item35b4607920

Old
08-14-2011, 04:29 PM
gravytrain6t

That's cool well, thanks anyway The Mouth. It's first name Ryan and Mats respectively. They played a great portion of the season for the NY Rangers last season. They could be keepers imo!! We'll see what happens next year.

Old
08-15-2011, 01:58 AM
The Mouth

Zuccarello ,Mcdonagh, Dale Weise and yes even Chad Kolarik made into later set releases for this year. Mcdonagh and Zuccarello will not have UD Young gun rookie cards but their rookies have made into other sets after the season ended.

10-11 sets were made by two companies this year Upper Deck and Pinnacle. Each company produces 5-8 different sets. so it get crazy fast with about a dozen or more Hockey set releases for 10-11.

There is also about 2-3 still coming.

The only Ranger rookie available right now in the only 11-12 set that has been released is Cam Talbot.

I would also be cheesed too if I got Matt Zaba, I pulled him constantly last year.

Old
08-15-2011, 09:18 AM
skroob**

Quote:
Does Beckett still publish their monthly magazine, or is it all online now?

skroob** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2011, 11:02 AM
The Mouth

skroob they still do both.

Old
08-15-2011, 01:45 PM
gotmonte

Thank you everyone!

Funny thing. Last night my wife comes up from the basement (she new I was getting back into cards) and she found an old box of mine that I had cards just THROWN into a box when I moved to my new house from my parents waaay back when.

Anyways, I start to go through them.. some were baseball cards used for tooth picks (Ugh ) and some were hockey cards that looked great but equaled GARBAGE MONEY. My two best cards I pulled was a Mats Sundin Autographed card (authorized signature from the company) that pulled in 40.00 and I had a Joe Sakic Topps rookie card in mint condition for 15.00 and then I had a gretzky card that was limited to 16?! but only pulled in 10.00 and also a Vanbuesbrouck rookie Tops card allegedly though Topps didnt make a Beezer card till 1986 for some reason. Atleast that was what was told to me. It may be false, but the guy I got it from I dealt with for years and was a family friend. So I am unsure what to believe.
Anyways, on the BOTTOM OF THE BOX... In SLEEVES was a COMPLETE STANLEY CUP SET OF 1993-1994 RANGERS CARDS. Mint or near mint condition! I couldnt believe it.

the set was made by pinnacle but made in 1994-1995 .

I will take pictures and post up in a few minutes:

Here is a link to the pictures.

Here is the link:

Last edited by gotmonte: 08-15-2011 at 02:10 PM.
Old
08-15-2011, 02:11 PM
gotmonte

Yaaaaaaaa I did it! lol

Old
08-15-2011, 02:30 PM
Leslie Treff
Hockey's Future Staff

That's great. I am glad you got what you were looking for.

Old
08-15-2011, 03:02 PM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

Quote:

Does that count as his official rookie card, or is his draft card, or both?

CHGoalie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2011, 04:20 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Wow hockey cards, haven't done anything with them in a long time. I know I've got a Brian Leetch mint Rookie laying around at my parents.

Barbara Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2011, 04:48 PM
Leetch66

I used to own a Card shop called Cards In the Attic . We used to advertise in the SCD for a few years and they even did a story on us one year when Lindros attended his first Flyer camp up here on PEI that Fall .

We were able to get tons of autographs thus we were featured in the Column...Up Autograph Alley ,if my memory serves me correctly . I stopped collecting about a year after that . I wish I had of kept my Ranger team sets up to date if nothing else .I have some old Rangers from the 50's but not many doubles to spare . One of these Winters I will find a checklist of all Ranger players that I am missing and get back at it .
I still have a Gretzky RC that I pulled from a pack a long long time ago .Hopefully the card biz will pick up again someday and I can sell the stack of Rookie Cards I have from those years when things were booming like OPeeChee Premier cards LOL .

Leetch66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2011, 05:06 PM
Darrelle Lundqvist
Swagelin

I used to collect cards when I was younger, I wonder what I can find now...

Darrelle Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2011, 05:25 PM
gotmonte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Underhill View Post
Wow hockey cards, haven't done anything with them in a long time. I know I've got a Brian Leetch mint Rookie laying around at my parents.
I looked up the Mint Rookie Card of Brian Leetch TOPPS card.

Mint condition: $ 6.00

I was very disappointed as I have one in mint condition

Old
08-15-2011, 11:59 PM
Glennsoe
Horndog

Quote:
Zuccarello ,Mcdonagh, Dale Weise and yes even Chad Kolarik made into later set releases for this year. Mcdonagh and Zuccarello will not have UD Young gun rookie cards but their rookies have made into other sets after the season ended.

10-11 sets were made by two companies this year Upper Deck and Pinnacle. Each company produces 5-8 different sets. so it get crazy fast with about a dozen or more Hockey set releases for 10-11.

There is also about 2-3 still coming.

The only Ranger rookie available right now in the only 11-12 set that has been released is Cam Talbot.

I would also be cheesed too if I got Matt Zaba, I pulled him constantly last year.
Going to New York next week, anyone know where I can buy some hockey cards? I'd love to get Zuccarello's card, if he has one out there...

Glennsoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2011, 01:56 AM
Bulls9220

I have Matt Gilroys Rookie Card!

Bulls9220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2011, 02:16 AM
Mint Berry Crunch
hfbrods pls...

Send a message via AIM to Mint Berry Crunch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennsoe View Post
Going to New York next week, anyone know where I can buy some hockey cards? I'd love to get Zuccarello's card, if he has one out there...
If you're gonna be on Long Island, hit up the Tricounty Flea Market (3041 Hempstead Tpke, Levittown) - if you go upstairs to the sports memorabilia/comics section, you'll find a bunch of booths selling hockey cards and figures. Pretty cool stuff.

Mint Berry Crunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2011, 11:41 AM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
I looked up the Mint Rookie Card of Brian Leetch TOPPS card.

Mint condition: $ 6.00

I was very disappointed as I have one in mint condition
Haha yes unfortunately they are not very valuable.

Barbara Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2011, 11:48 AM
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence

It seems the card market is totally dead. It was ruined by the internet. Kids don't do anything that isn't online, anymore, and they can't afford most of the stuff out there, now.

All of the subsets, autos, game-used stuff made the old stuff worthless.

Now, book values are meaningless. You won't be able to get half of book-value if you try to sell it on e-bay. There just isn't a secondary market, anymore.

There just isn't a demand. Of course, the big companies will still make huge profits because there will still be hardcore collectors that like to open packs and collect.

KreiMeARiver* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2011, 12:14 PM
skroob**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hightide85 View Post
It seems the card market is totally dead. It was ruined by the internet. Kids don't do anything that isn't online, anymore, and they can't afford most of the stuff out there, now.

All of the subsets, autos, game-used stuff made the old stuff worthless.

Now, book values are meaningless. You won't be able to get half of book-value if you try to sell it on e-bay. There just isn't a secondary market, anymore.

There just isn't a demand. Of course, the big companies will still make huge profits because there will still be hardcore collectors that like to open packs and collect.
i have to agree with all of this. I have every players rookie card from about 1975 through 2002. I walked away at that point when guys still in the AHL had RCs numbered to only 500 and were going for $100.

skroob** is offline   Reply With Quote