HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Notices

Sharks announce re-signing of McCarthy, signing of Matsumoto

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-12-2012, 03:24 PM
  #1
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go
 
LadyStanley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: North of the Tank
Country: United States
Posts: 55,244
vCash: 500
Sharks announce re-signing of McCarthy, signing of Matsumoto

http://sharks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=636967
McCarthy - two years


http://sharks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=637833
Jon Matsumoto


(After it was discovered they were signed back on 7/3.)

LadyStanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 04:32 PM
  #2
Rem
I am a ham radio
 
Rem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: 4-LIFE
Country: United States
Posts: 3,536
vCash: 500
Seto's Japanese ancestry legacy is about to be over shadowed by Mr. Shave Ice himself, Matsumoto

Rem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 04:50 PM
  #3
HOOCH2173
That HOOCH is Crazy!
 
HOOCH2173's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Anacrime
Country: United States
Posts: 4,341
vCash: 516
Boss - matsumoto!

HOOCH2173 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 05:10 PM
  #4
allheartsout
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Seattle
Country: Ireland
Posts: 32
vCash: 500
Sooooooo i'm guessing Matsumoto is an AHL signing?

allheartsout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 05:10 PM
  #5
210
Registered User
 
210's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Worcester, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 9,369
vCash: 500
If you follow me on twitter you read that I confirmed both these signings on July 6th at 7:06pm EDT.

210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 05:13 PM
  #6
Nighthock
**** the Kings...
 
Nighthock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Reno, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 15,773
vCash: 163
... okay

and why do they announce this 9 days later?

Nighthock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 05:20 PM
  #7
hockeyball
Registered User
 
hockeyball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 17,518
vCash: 500
OMG, did you guys hear??

The Sharks traded for Joe Thornton!!

...

hockeyball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 05:48 PM
  #8
sjshark91
Registered User
 
sjshark91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country:
Posts: 23,563
vCash: 2810
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
OMG, did you guys hear??

The Sharks traded for Joe Thornton!!

...
Too bad we gave up Brad Stuart.

sjshark91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 06:05 PM
  #9
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus
 
The Nemesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Langley, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 46,708
vCash: 500
Did you hear that we drafted Pat Falloon? I think that's going to pay off in a big way for us.

__________________

"Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent."

Sorry, I am not taking signature requests at this time.
The Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 06:18 PM
  #10
SactoShork
The Youth Movement
 
SactoShork's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 9,554
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjshark91 View Post
Too bad we gave up Brad Stuart.
We'll get him back someday....

SactoShork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 06:41 PM
  #11
drunksage
Moderator
#88: The Savior.
 
drunksage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Henderson, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 12,490
vCash: 1004
Quote:
Originally Posted by SactoShark View Post
We'll get him back someday....
Burst out laughing so hard.

drunksage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 01:03 AM
  #12
Phu
Registered User
 
Phu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 6,691
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid eye movemenT View Post
Seto's Japanese ancestry legacy is about to be over shadowed by Mr. Shave Ice himself, Matsumoto
Whatchu know 'bout Matsumoto shave ice??

Phu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 06:36 AM
  #13
matsyfan
Rookie User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2
vCash: 500
There's a well known shaved-ice company in Hawaii, but it has no connection to the hockey player Jonathan Matsumoto.

And response to allheartsout, doing well in the AHL does not mean he's a lifer there. Yes he has been twice nominated an AHL All-Star. First time won the shot accuracy contest but in 2010 had to move to San Antonio where he had just been traded. He was the AHL's first round leading scorer, and the Rampage got to the second round for the first time.

As an NHL rookie with Carolina 2 goals in 13 games is quite respectable. Since then new techniques have improved his faceoff win percentage. His defensive skills have also improved. (btw, old reports critical of his speed have been obsolete for some time.) Matsumoto has always been a smart team player, especially good at setting up scoring plays. He turned down Florida's re-sign offer because San Jose's was better. And if SA is smart, they'll use their new asset to create a productive 2nd or 3rd scoring line.

matsyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 08:25 AM
  #14
Fistfullofbeer
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Fistfullofbeer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Whidbey Island, WA
Country: India
Posts: 7,960
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by matsyfan View Post
There's a well known shaved-ice company in Hawaii, but it has no connection to the hockey player Jonathan Matsumoto.

And response to allheartsout, doing well in the AHL does not mean he's a lifer there. Yes he has been twice nominated an AHL All-Star. First time won the shot accuracy contest but in 2010 had to move to San Antonio where he had just been traded. He was the AHL's first round leading scorer, and the Rampage got to the second round for the first time.

As an NHL rookie with Carolina 2 goals in 13 games is quite respectable. Since then new techniques have improved his faceoff win percentage. His defensive skills have also improved. (btw, old reports critical of his speed have been obsolete for some time.) Matsumoto has always been a smart team player, especially good at setting up scoring plays. He turned down Florida's re-sign offer because San Jose's was better. And if SA is smart, they'll use their new asset to create a productive 2nd or 3rd scoring line.
When I first saw that we had acquired Matsumoto I did a bit of research on him and felt similar to this. The guy appears to have skill and has shown consistency in the AHL. 2 goals in 13 goals is definitely something that is respectable for a NHL 'rookie'. I will not be surprised if he gets a call up. I know its a very small chance and largely depends upon how he does in Worcester but I am not considering this as a purely AHL signing.

__________________
What?! Look, he thinks he's people!
Fistfullofbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:28 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.