HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sharks News/Notes #10

Closed Thread

Old
10-04-2012, 11:16 AM
Peter The Great

vCash: 500
A fun quote from a swedish newspaper today from Murrays legendary grandfather Lasse Bjorn. ;-)

- I've always told Douglas that "Everything in front of you must go." And it seems he listened.

And also a comment from Douglas himself:

Interviewer: What rating do you think you will get from grandfather?

- I usually do not get approved anyway, there's always something. I'm pretty used to it.

http://icehockey.wikia.com/wiki/Lars_Bj%C3%B6rn

Last edited by 21: 10-04-2012 at 11:26 AM.
Old
10-04-2012, 12:27 PM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

KKurzCSN 9:23am via Twitter for Mac Breaking: #SJSharks forward Joe Pavleski set to join KHL csnbayarea.com/hockey-san-jos…

Old
10-04-2012, 01:09 PM
Kitten Mittons

Why the head shake?

Old
10-04-2012, 03:45 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 1379
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten Mittons View Post
Why the head shake?
Because Pavelski is going to get infected with Russian work ethic. Duh.

Old
10-04-2012, 05:46 PM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

Got a response from Compton today -- first NHL governor who's responded to my letters. Here's hoping the rest of the governors listen and respond by getting a deal done sooner than later.

Old
10-04-2012, 06:30 PM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

KKurzCSN 1:36pm via Twitter for Mac Antti Niemi tells me he's been in contact with a few teams, and could very well be the next #SJSharks player to go overseas.

KKurzCSN 2:31pm via Twitter for Mac
#SJSharks Dan Boyle rips NHL owners and their tactics #SharksTalk csnbayarea.com/hockey-san-jos…

Old
10-04-2012, 07:15 PM
Oppa
#FunMustBeAlways

New videos up of Sheppard, Stalock, coach Robinson/ Johnson, Sateri and Stalberg

http://video.sharks.nhl.com/videocenter

Old
10-05-2012, 03:46 AM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

brodiebrazilCSN 12:18am via TweetDeck Antti Niemi's former Finnish team (Lahti Pelicans) says he is returning to play there: http://t.co/CXedvP3Q #sjsharks

Old
10-05-2012, 04:42 PM
redfish
awesome hockey dude

Tommy Wingels' KooKoo team won 3-2 in a shootout. It looks like Tommy may have had both the first goal and the shootout(or overtime) winner, but I will admit my Finnish is a bit nonexistent.

http://79.125.2.198/mpublic/index.ph...7eaee6afc5efd7

Last edited by redfish: 10-05-2012 at 05:04 PM. Reason: clarification
Old
10-05-2012, 04:52 PM
Graveland
HONE YOUR CRAFT

Pavs will dominate in Russia BOOK IT SON.

Old
10-05-2012, 06:00 PM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

Couture had assist in GCHC win today.

Old
10-08-2012, 10:39 AM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

Remembering Tom Cavanagh. RIP

Old
10-08-2012, 07:32 PM
rideaucrusher21

http://insider.espn.go.com/nhl/story...s-vaults-board

ESPN's top 25 players under the age of 25. Couture is at #3!

3. C Logan Couture
San Jose Sharks, 23 years old
Previous: Not ranked

Couture played just 25 games with the Sharks in the 2009-10 NHL season but followed up that campaign by finishing with 32 goals and 56 points en route to a nomination for the Calder Memorial Trophy. In 2011-12, he improved those boxcar stats to 31 goals, 34 assists and a relative Corsi of 10.6, indicating he tilts the ice in the Sharks' favor. The former first-round pick was also particularly proficient on the power play, where he racked up 7.15 points per 60 minutes, second in the league (behind Ryan Nugent-Hopkins) among players with at least 2:00 per game with the man advantage.

Old
10-08-2012, 07:49 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

I'm sorry, but how is Couture over Tavares?

Old
10-08-2012, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
Alphabetical comes to mind...

Old
10-08-2012, 10:57 PM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

I'd bet that Couture has more playoff games than Tavares as well.

http://sharks.nhl.com/club/blogpost....11532&navid=TW

Interesting look at what goes into putting on a Sharks TV broadcast. (How many cameras do you think are used?)

Last edited by LadyStanley: 10-08-2012 at 11:03 PM.
Old
10-09-2012, 10:45 AM
LeeIFBB
Teflon Doug

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
I don't know, they're both pretty ugly.

Old
10-09-2012, 04:18 PM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

Couture notched goal (GWG) and three assists (through first two periods!!).

Hearing Thornton was also scoring for Davos today.

(Pavs is still in US. Asked today when he was heading to Belarus and answer was "I don't know.")

Old
10-10-2012, 04:08 AM
sirMcDuck

Tommy Wingels has started his games pretty good in Finland. The club that he plays is biggest team in second division of Finland but they have been struggling early of the season.

In first game Wingels scored first goal of the game and also the game winner in SO. IMO he was clearly dominant player and had lots of scoring chances that he didn't capitalize. He was also brutal at faceoffs (14/18) Here are the highlights of the game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Uzcv...layer_embedded

Second game was just after the first and it was held in Vaasa against Sport which has been pretty hard place to Wingels team (KooKoo). And it was.. 3-0 lose and have to say that I didn't really even notice Wingels and he was also struggling at faceoffs (won just ~ 15-20% his faceoffs if I remember right). Maybe the jetlag got best of him + that he is still adjusting his game to play in Europe. Highlights: http://vaasansport.fi/videot/?vID=553

Well tonight is another chance for Wingels to shine when KooKoo is playing home against LeKi. I try to get better scouting report of him from this game.

Old
10-10-2012, 04:23 AM
WTFetus
Most popular combo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirMcDuck View Post
Tommy Wingels has started his games pretty good in Finland. The club that he plays is biggest team in second division of Finland but they have been struggling early of the season.

In first game Wingels scored first goal of the game and also the game winner in SO. IMO he was clearly dominant player and had lots of scoring chances that he didn't capitalize. He was also brutal at faceoffs (14/18) Here are the highlights of the game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Uzcv...layer_embedded

Second game was just after the first and it was held in Vaasa against Sport which has been pretty hard place to Wingels team (KooKoo). And it was.. 3-0 lose and have to say that I didn't really even notice Wingels and he was also struggling at faceoffs (won just ~ 15-20% his faceoffs if I remember right). Maybe the jetlag got best of him + that he is still adjusting his game to play in Europe. Highlights: http://vaasansport.fi/videot/?vID=553

Well tonight is another chance for Wingels to shine when KooKoo is playing home against LeKi. I try to get better scouting report of him from this game.
Thanks for the update. I know it's not the best league in Finland, but that doesn't take anything away from Wingel's sick wrist-shot in that shootout.

Old
10-10-2012, 02:57 PM
sirMcDuck

Well KooKoo played against LeKi and loss 1-3. LeKi's goaltender had about 50 saves and KooKoo shooted 96 times. Team is struggling with goal scoring problems and just with lack of luck.

Wingels played pretty well but was still bad at faceoffs and he was moved to wing after second period. He had couple of good scoring chances and one breakaway but all of his shots were all around boards. In other hand he was feeding his teammates with nice passes but they didn't capitalize from those chances. Also Wingels delivered couple huge hits and played very gritty. In one of his hits LeKi's defenceman was totally hammered and dropped his helmet also.

I was just thinking that maybe Tommy is still adjusting to role of keyplayer. He has given lots of playing time and role but it still seems that he doesn't know which style of playing to use. I'm meaning that sometimes it seems that the guy is playing like power forward or playmaker/goalscorer.

I try to post highlights when they are released.

Old
10-10-2012, 03:25 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

Quote:
Well KooKoo played against LeKi and loss 1-3. LeKi's goaltender had about 50 saves and KooKoo shooted 96 times. Team is struggling with goal scoring problems and just with lack of luck.

Wingels played pretty well but was still bad at faceoffs and he was moved to wing after second period. He had couple of good scoring chances and one breakaway but all of his shots were all around boards. In other hand he was feeding his teammates with nice passes but they didn't capitalize from those chances. Also Wingels delivered couple huge hits and played very gritty. In one of his hits LeKi's defenceman was totally hammered and dropped his helmet also.

I was just thinking that maybe Tommy is still adjusting to role of keyplayer. He has given lots of playing time and role but it still seems that he doesn't know which style of playing to use. I'm meaning that sometimes it seems that the guy is playing like power forward or playmaker/goalscorer.

I try to post highlights when they are released.
Thanks a ton for the review.

Firstly, I don't expect Wingels ever to be a center. He has winger written all over him to me. Secondly, I can totally understand his confusion right now. He's gone from playing most of an NHL season on the 4th line, to a scoring role in Europe. I assume it'll take a little while to adjust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFetus View Post
Thanks for the update. I know it's not the best league in Finland, but that doesn't take anything away from Wingel's sick wrist-shot in that shootout.
That shot was absolutely wicked.

Old
10-10-2012, 04:04 PM
SactoShork
The Youth Movement

vCash: 3565
Quote:
He goes through the same issues in the NHL. Guys like Wingels, McGinn, and even Setoguchi had a tough time figuring out what role they were supposed to be playing.

Old
10-10-2012, 04:48 PM
freddypuck

Watched Demers again and I have to say that his game has improved still playing upwards
of 26min...didnt think his defensive game was capable of doing this well , but i guess i was wrong....

Old
10-10-2012, 06:51 PM
Kitten Mittons

Quote:
Originally Posted by SactoShark View Post
He goes through the same issues in the NHL. Guys like Wingels, McGinn, and even Setoguchi had a tough time figuring out what role they were supposed to be playing.
Our coaching staff to blame. Oh you've got skill? Here, I'll put you on the fourth line and if you can't score with a bunch of nobodies, you better start hitting.

Closed Thread