HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Dagenais to Europe..Ribeiro to follow?

Closed Thread

Old
01-09-2005, 03:06 PM
Traitor8

vCash: 500
Dagenais to Europe..Ribeiro to follow?

Pierre Dagenais en Europe

Pierre Dagenais Dimanche 09 janvier 2005 - MONTREAL (PC) -- L'attaquant Pierre Dagenais, du Canadien de Montréal, ira à son tour jouer en Europe.

Il quittera mercredi pour la Suisse, où il évoluera pour la formation d'Ajoie, dans la Ligue nationale B suisse.

Dagenais restera dans les Alpes jusqu'à la fin de la saison, soit le 15 mars.

Son coéquipier chez le Tricolore, Mike Ribeiro, envisage aussi d'aller jouer en Europe. Il se donne jusqu'au 20 janvier pour prendre une décision.

Old
01-09-2005, 03:24 PM
eddy

Heres the english link: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp...97&hubName=nhl

Only in the 2nd swiss divison can't be all that competitive.

Old
01-09-2005, 03:49 PM
HABitude

On a weak division, with weak goalies, weak defencemen, I imagine he will score a ton of goals with his tremendious shot.
The principle of Peter, which doesn't mean it would translate into NHL level.

My dream would be to combine the qualities of Petrov with the shooting of Dagenais.
I hope Kast will be that.

Old
01-09-2005, 03:56 PM
EaGLE1

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABitude
On a weak division, with weak goalies, weak defencemen, I imagine he will score a ton of goals with his tremendious shot.
The principle of Peter, which doesn't mean it would translate into NHL level.

My dream would be to combine the qualities of Petrov with the shooting of Dagenais.
I hope Kast will be that.
Tremendous shot?

Let's not overare his shot. It's a good strong shot, but tremendous is way too much...Brett Hull have a tremendous shot. Sakic have a tremendous shot...

Without Ribeiro, this guy is nothing at the NHL level.

Old
01-09-2005, 04:07 PM
Marksman

Ajoie, its a french speaking town, propably being the reason hes there, league level not a matter. Good for him, the important thing is hes playing and training with a hockey team, not falling too much behind with those who have done so for months.

Old
01-09-2005, 04:12 PM
Guriken

Quote:
Originally Posted by EaGLE1
Tremendous shot?

Let's not overare his shot. It's a good strong shot, but tremendous is way too much...Brett Hull have a tremendous shot. Sakic have a tremendous shot...

Without Ribeiro, this guy is nothing at the NHL level.
... did you watch La Caravane Mc Donald?

look, almost every time he was shooting, it was going in the net.. and not against weak goalies. It's a fact, he has a tremendous shot, accurate and really hard. He is a really good player, no doubt. If only he could become a better skater...

Old
01-09-2005, 04:30 PM
EaGLE1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guriken
... did you watch La Caravane Mc Donald?

No, that was too boring...
look, almost every time he was shooting, it was going in the net.. and not against weak goalies. It's a fact, he has a tremendous shot, accurate and really hard. He is a really good player, no doubt. If only he could become a better skater...

He's a good shooter, a guy who know how to score, but a really good player? This guy lacks everything.

Old
01-09-2005, 04:30 PM
markov`

Quote:
Tremendous shot?

... and Pierre Dagenais has a tremendous shot. A player that bad couldn't have this much goal with a *average* shot.

Old
01-09-2005, 04:33 PM
EaGLE1

Quote:
Originally Posted by markov`
... and Pierre Dagenais has a tremendous shot. A player that bad couldn't have this much goal with a *average* shot.
Andreas Dackell would have score 10 goals in 50 games last year if he was playing with Ribeiro.

I give all the credit to Mike. If we watch every single goal that Dagenais scored last year, 75% is due to Ribs perfect passes.

Sure, Dagenais have a good shot, but let's not start thinking he's the perfect sniper...His NHL career may be done. IMO.

There's no place for him in our lineup anymore.

Old
01-09-2005, 04:42 PM
markov`

Quote:
Andreas Dackell would have score 10 goals in 50 games last year if he was playing with Ribeiro.

I give all the credit to Mike. If we watch every single goal that Dagenais scored last year, 75% is due to Ribs perfect passes.

Sure, Dagenais have a good shot, but let's not start thinking he's the perfect sniper...His NHL career may be done. IMO.

Dagenais will be a good scorer in the NHL if he plays with a nice set-up man. But outside his shot IMO he is one of the worst player in the NHL for sure. If only he could use his size.

Old
01-09-2005, 04:48 PM
HABitude

Quote:

Fact no.1 : Ryder have a very good shoot, right?
Fact no.2 : Ryder also was pairing with Ribeiro, allowing Ryder many scoring opportunities, right?
Fact no.3 : Dagenais with less ice time and less games did score in a better rating pourcentage than Ryder, and I'm a great fan of Ryder's shooting.
Fact no.4 : If Ryder have a good shooting and Dagenais is even better, it means that Dagenais have one of the top 10 wrist shot of NHL. We (in this board) don't especially like Dagenais in the overall things he brings to the table but one thing is sure: his shooting is amazing/or tremendious. All my friends who watch hockey were deeply impressed by his shooting. Very strong shot. Plez don't compare him with Hull who had much more overall qualities. Hull was/and is a complete player, not marginal like Dagenais.

We'll see if hockey returns if Dagenais' career is done. I don't think so.

Old
01-09-2005, 04:52 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Good for him to be playing hockey. I hate to see a guy that needs to be working on his game just sitting around. It doesn't really matter what level of play, as he hopefully works on his skating while on the larger ice surface.

Old
01-09-2005, 04:59 PM
Westcoasthabsfan

Dagenais' days on the Habs are numbered unless he somehow improves his game a whole bunch.... He does have a good shot but what else.....

Old
01-09-2005, 05:15 PM
EaGLE1

Quote:
Fact no.1 : Ryder have a very good shoot, right?
Fact no.2 : Ryder also was pairing with Ribeiro, allowing Ryder many scoring opportunities, right?
Fact no.3 : Dagenais with less ice time and less games did score in a better rating pourcentage than Ryder, and I'm a great fan of Ryder's shooting.
Fact no.4 : If Ryder have a good shooting and Dagenais is even better, it means that Dagenais have one of the top 10 wrist shot of NHL. We (in this board) don't especially like Dagenais in the overall things he brings to the table but one thing is sure: his shooting is amazing/or tremendious. All my friends who watch hockey were deeply impressed by his shooting. Very strong shot. Plez don't compare him with Hull who had much more overall qualities. Hull was/and is a complete player, not marginal like Dagenais.

We'll see if hockey returns if Dagenais' career is done. I don't think so.
Dagenais in the top 10 of NHL for wrist shots?

That's hilarious :lol

Old
01-09-2005, 05:28 PM
CH Wizard

Send a message via MSN to CH Wizard
Quote:
Dagenais in the top 10 of NHL for wrist shots?

That's hilarious :lol
Not a long time ago , in the new jersey devils skills competion.He won the award of the hardest shot.

imo his shot isn't top 10 but , I never saw a hard shot like the Dagenais one.

Last edited by CH Wizard: 01-09-2005 at 05:34 PM.
Old
01-09-2005, 05:38 PM
Marc the Habs Fan

vCash: 597
Joe Sakic, Markus Naslund, Daniel Alfredsson, Milan Hejduk, Mats Sundin, Patrik Elias, Mario Lemieux, Ilya Kovalchuk, Dany Heatley, Ziggy Palffy, Ladislav Nagy, Brett Hull, etc

I think it's safe to say Dagenais does not have a top 10 wrist shot in the NHL. There are clearly a lot of players who have better wrist shots.

Old
01-09-2005, 05:43 PM
tritone

2 more NHL'ers stealing European jobs....go HABS go

Old
01-09-2005, 06:05 PM
Kasparov*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westcoasthabsfan
Dagenais' days on the Habs are numbered unless he somehow improves his game a whole bunch.... He does have a good shot but what else.....
Bob Gainey... is that you?

Old
01-09-2005, 06:06 PM
Kasparov*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan
Joe Sakic, Markus Naslund, Daniel Alfredsson, Milan Hejduk, Mats Sundin, Patrik Elias, Mario Lemieux, Ilya Kovalchuk, Dany Heatley, Ziggy Palffy, Ladislav Nagy, Brett Hull, etc

I think it's safe to say Dagenais does not have a top 10 wrist shot in the NHL. There are clearly a lot of players who have better wrist shots.
THANK YOU CAPTAIN OBVIOUS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol :lol :lol

Old
01-09-2005, 06:12 PM
tritone

Quote:

So top 13 then ? :lol

Old
01-09-2005, 06:14 PM
Kasparov*

Quote:
Originally Posted by tritone
So top 13 then ? :lol

Old
01-09-2005, 08:41 PM
chicpea*

Quote:
While I agree with you that Dags has a good shot I was astonished that he would have a higher shot percentage than Ryder considering that Dags shoots from centre ice, from behind the net, from the bench etc. - "low percentage spots" I think they call them.
Or do you mean he scored more goals in less games (gpg ratio?)

Old
01-09-2005, 09:50 PM
HABitude

Quote:

I would like to see a shooting competition between those players and Dagenais. Dagenais would beat some of the guys mentioned for the speed wrist shot.

Or like someone else mentioned, a top 13.

I predict: someday Dagenais will play for another team and will have a signifiant success. And we Habs fans will cry, like we did with Leclair and so many players. They leave Montreal and they have success elsewhere.

Old
01-09-2005, 09:55 PM
HABitude

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicpea
... considering that Dags shoots from centre ice, from behind the net, from the bench etc. - "low percentage spots" I think they call them.
Yeah, he even shoots when the game is over, he shoots from his hotel room, etc. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicpea
Or do you mean he scored more goals in less games (gpg ratio?)
That's more what I had in mind.
... not saying Dags is a better player than Ryder, Dags is too incomplete right now and maybe for ever. Just saying Ryder have a very good shoot and Dags even stronger.

Old
01-09-2005, 09:58 PM
Breenger

Ok, just for argument's sake, lets see what sort of stats Daganais may have had if you replaced ryder with Dags in ice time.

Dags: 50 Games, 17 goals, 27 pts 149 shots for 11.41 % 14:28 ice per game 723 total minutes.
Ryder: 81 games 25 goals, 63 pts 215 shots for 11.63% 16:37 ice/g 1346 total minutes.

therefore: 1346/723 (ice times) * 17 = goals he may have had = about 32 goals, 50 points and 277 shots! (6th in the league)

Ok, I know he may have cooled off if he played longer, but the fact is, based on what he did last season, he deserves another shot.

By the way, I actually like the fact that he shoots at any given chance. If you had a shot like his, wouldn't you?

Closed Thread