HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dagenais to Europe..Ribeiro to follow?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-09-2005, 10:00 PM
  #26
SuperUnknown
Registered User
 
SuperUnknown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 4,611
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HABitude
I predict: someday Dagenais will play for another team and will have a signifiant success. And we Habs fans will cry, like we did with Leclair and so many players. They leave Montreal and they have success elsewhere.
I dont know... So far Dagenais has been given up on by New Jersey and Florida. He was signed as a FA because not many other teams wanted him.

Also, while some players left to have success in other places, some players also left to be quickly forgiven.

SuperUnknown is offline  
Old
01-09-2005, 10:03 PM
  #27
SuperUnknown
Registered User
 
SuperUnknown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 4,611
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HABitude
Yeah, he even shoots when the game is over, he shoots from his hotel room, etc. lol


That's more what I had in mind.
... not saying Dags is a better player than Ryder, Dags is too incomplete right now and maybe for ever. Just saying Ryder have a very good shoot and Dags even stronger.
Ryder has a quicker release on his shot than Dagenais. Dagenais has a powerful shot (and uses mostly the slapper), more powerful than Ryder.

Problem is Dagenais usually relies on other players to create his scoring chances. Ryder creates his scoring chances by himself.

SuperUnknown is offline  
Old
01-09-2005, 10:07 PM
  #28
Breenger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: St. Henri
Country: Canada
Posts: 326
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smail
Ryder has a quicker release on his shot than Dagenais. Dagenais has a powerfull shot (and uses mostly the slapper), more powerfull than Ryder.

Problem is Dagenais usually relies on other players to create his scoring chances. Ryder creates his scoring chances by himself.
Disagree, Dags uses his wrister as much as anyone else, and it is scary good. He can also shoot it off balance too (I remember a game where he scored firing a wrister while his back was basically facing the net).

Breenger is offline  
Old
01-09-2005, 10:30 PM
  #29
HABitude
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Laprairie, dans la belle Province
Posts: 2,561
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smail
Ryder has a quicker release on his shot than Dagenais. Dagenais has a powerful shot (and uses mostly the slapper), more powerful than Ryder.
Maybe Ryder have a faster release shot, by a small margin. I think it's mostly because Ryder have a much better hockey sense than Dagenais.
Dagenais is good with all sorts of shots. He does a kind of mix of wrist and snap. Ryder have an excellent snap shot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smail
Problem is Dagenais usually relies on other players to create his scoring chances. Ryder creates his scoring chances by himself.
Don't even think to make me say Dagenais is a better hockey player than Ryder. I'll take Ryder over Dagenais any day of the week. I'll even take Ryder over Patrice Bergeron.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breenger
Disagree, Dags uses his wrister as much as anyone else, and it is scary good. He can also shoot it off balance too (I remember a game where he scored firing a wrister while his back was basically facing the net).
Agree, Dagenais is scary good even unbalanced. Most shooters will be very balanced when they shoot. I saw Dagenais score unbalanced and it was a strong shot from hell. He is a “natural” for shooting, maybe the way his upper body is made. Just the use of his shoulders and arms are enough, when for others they need to have their both legs well balanced.

lol, ok Pierre, after what I wrote for you on this thread, will you give me my $$$? :lol

HABitude is offline  
Old
01-09-2005, 10:33 PM
  #30
montreal
Moderator
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Sark
Posts: 25,028
vCash: 500
Ryder has an insane wrister cause he can get it off so quickly, but more importantly he can make moves to put himself in prime scoring spots. Dags also has a great shot that's quick and hard but he lacks the mobility and stickhandling to get into prime scoring areas. Dags imo needs to be fed the puck, Ryder can create on his own. I'm not comparing just pointing out the differences I see in them.

I do think Dags should get another shot, even though he's a one trick poney, we need shooters on the team for now.

montreal is offline  
Old
01-09-2005, 10:34 PM
  #31
SuperUnknown
Registered User
 
SuperUnknown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 4,611
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HABitude
Maybe Ryder have a faster release shot, by a small margin. I think it's mostly because Ryder have a much better hockey sense than Dagenais.
Dagenais is good with all sorts of shots. He does a kind of mix of wrist and snap. Ryder have an excellent snap shot.
Okay... call me crazy but I think Ryder has the release of Brett Hull.

Obviously, I don't think Dagenais has the same release, but yep he's got an awfully good shot still.

SuperUnknown is offline  
Old
01-09-2005, 10:53 PM
  #32
HABitude
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Laprairie, dans la belle Province
Posts: 2,561
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smail
Okay... call me crazy but I think Ryder has the release of Brett Hull.

Obviously, I don't think Dagenais has the same release, but yep he's got an awfully good shot still.
I'm too tired for aguing, I'm agree with everything you say.
You write things that are true anyway...

We must have time to spend on arguing like that. How about the Renaissance of the Venitian Art? ...or do you prefer the Beatles or the Stones? À part de ça tes enfants vont bien? Les miens s'amusent comme des petits fous dans la neige. Pis ma fille veut que je lui achète un chaton. Chu pas sorti du bois si je fais ce move là.

HABitude is offline  
Old
01-09-2005, 11:04 PM
  #33
SuperUnknown
Registered User
 
SuperUnknown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 4,611
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HABitude
I'm too tired for aguing, I'm agree with everything you say.
You write things that are true anyway...

We must have time to spend on arguing like that. How about the Renaissance of the Venitian Art? ...or do you prefer the Beatles or the Stones? À part de ça tes enfants vont bien? Les miens s'amusent comme des petits fous dans la neige. Pis ma fille veut que je lui achète un chaton. Chu pas sorti du bois si je fais ce move là.
Hehe... ben disons que j'attends que les grattes arrêtent de passer à coté de chez nous (pis arretent de faire aller leurs sirenes) pour aller me coucher, alors en attendant, je parcourre les message boards...!

L'art j'apprécie mais je suis pas plus connaisseur qu'il faut.
A part de ca, les Beatles, mais les Stones sont pas mal du tout. Un peu vieux mais bon...
Hehe bonne chance avec le minet! Moi j'ai toujours vécu avec des chats ils m'ont appris comment me laver...

Bon j'arrête le déconnage, je crois que les foutus déneigeuses sont en train de quitter!

SuperUnknown is offline  
Old
01-10-2005, 05:08 AM
  #34
Marksman
Registered User
 
Marksman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Country: Finland
Posts: 3,628
vCash: 500
Dagenais is what, 26-27 year old? While I'd like to think hes one of these late bloomers and could suddenly put it all together, its very hard to believe with his character. One redeeming quality is simply not enough for modern day hockey. Habs are letting Yanic Perreault go and he had two specialties, being top faceoff man of the league and top corner accurate shot.

Marksman is offline  
Old
01-10-2005, 07:53 AM
  #35
jcpenny
Registered User
 
jcpenny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,878
vCash: 500
with Kosts, Higgins and Perezoghin coming theres no room for Dags anyways.

jcpenny is offline  
Old
01-10-2005, 08:27 AM
  #36
Stefan_Latulippe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,878
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by markov`
Dagenais will be a good scorer in the NHL if he plays with a nice set-up man. But outside his shot IMO he is one of the worst player in the NHL for sure. If only he could use his size.
How could he be the worst player in the NHL? Wayne Greztky said, and I am repeating myself, that the hardest thing in hockey is to score goals.... So if you are scoring goals, according to Gretzky, you should be a good hockey player!

Stefan_Latulippe is offline  
Old
01-10-2005, 08:43 AM
  #37
Breenger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: St. Henri
Country: Canada
Posts: 326
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan_Latulippe
How could he be the worst player in the NHL? Wayne Greztky said, and I am repeating myself, that the hardest thing in hockey is to score goals.... So if you are scoring goals, according to Gretzky, you should be a good hockey player!
He said he would be the worst player if it wasn't for his shot. Dagenais with an average shot = someone who wouldn't be able to buy a goal at the NHL level. A dagenais who can't score = the worst player in the NHL (as he doesn't really bring anything else to the table).

Breenger is offline  
Old
01-10-2005, 08:45 AM
  #38
EaGLE1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Quebec City
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,442
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan_Latulippe
How could he be the worst player in the NHL? Wayne Greztky said, and I am repeating myself, that the hardest thing in hockey is to score goals.... So if you are scoring goals, according to Gretzky, you should be a good hockey player!
Stefan Bergeron again

Hockey is not just about scoring goals. If so, Adam Oates would be considered as a marginal player.

Soft dumb shooters like Dagenais cannot be considered good hockey players

Damn, he only scored 17 goals (all because of Ribeiro), and some peoples start saying that he have a top 10 wrist shots, even though that he's a snap or slap shooter, most of the time...


Last edited by EaGLE1: 01-10-2005 at 08:54 AM.
EaGLE1 is offline  
Old
01-10-2005, 09:06 AM
  #39
Stefan_Latulippe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,878
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EaGLE1
Stefan Bergeron again

Hockey is not just about scoring goals. If so, Adam Oates would be considered as a marginal player.

Soft dumb shooters like Dagenais cannot be considered good hockey players

Damn, he only scored 17 goals (all because of Ribeiro), and some peoples start saying that he have a top 10 wrist shots, even though that he's a snap or slap shooter, most of the time...
Tiens, Eagle Cherry again

Never said it was all about scoring goal...I quoted #99 that said that the hardest thing in hockey was to score goals...... But you prefer puck dumpers and it is ok as well.

Stefan_Latulippe is offline  
Old
01-10-2005, 09:07 AM
  #40
Stefan_Latulippe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,878
vCash: 500
Here's a nice gesture by Ribs....he is growing up!! It was taken from another website about Ribs this weekend:

Wow!!! La classe de Mike Ribeiro.....Renversé
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ce soir, un athlete m'a renversé. C'était mon joueur préféré avec le CH et croyez moi pour un maudit bout de temps, si le hockey revient je vais regarder et prier pour qu'il arrive les meilleurs chose au monde a Mike Ribeiro.

Il a signé des autographes, pendant le jeu, sur le banc, entre les periodes, apres le match, etc..... Je me suis assis avec lui tout bonnement dans la chambre a coté comme si Lewis était assis la.....et on jasais hockey.....mais le HIT de la soirée....

Mike Ribeiro finit le match et en descendant les marches vers la chambre des joueurs, je lui fais signer une roulette de tape a hockey pour le @#%$ trainer de Louiseville pour superstition pour les séries, il accepte volontié comme il a fait toute la soirée.

Et la je lui demande, Mike ton baton avec lequel tu as joué ce soir pourrais tu me le donner ou il est déja réservé.....IL me dit: Désolé, il est déja réservé pour quelqu'un......oh merde dommage....il me repond: Bien attend, je prend ma ******, je me change et apres vient avec moi j'en ai un autre dans mon auto que je pourrais te donner.....Un Easton Synergy one piece qu'il signe et me donne.....Tiens et bonne chance dans vos playoffs.....

Merde le gars il a signé un paquet d'autographes, il aurait pu me dire: Non il est reservé Désolé.....et s'arreter la.....et foutre le camp et me signer un papier, ma bonne vieille casquette du canadien et dire Bye et a la prochain.....Bien non il finit de se changer vient me voir pour me dire Go es tu pret je vais aller te chercher ca....et me dis as tu un stylo pour que je te le signe rendu dehors!!!!!!!!!

Sacramen..........Renversé....je voulais vous partager le tout juste pour montrer que certains athletes sont différent et ce soir.....Ayoye....une drette au visage comme on dit....pire qu'une drette du HAMMER!!!!

Stefan_Latulippe is offline  
Old
01-10-2005, 10:31 AM
  #41
komisakick ass
Registered User
 
komisakick ass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Top Titty, Qc
Posts: 733
vCash: 500
Mike à pris beaucoup de maturité ca se voit dans les entrevues et espèrons qu'il va ramené ca sur la glace l'année prochaine

komisakick ass is offline  
Old
01-10-2005, 10:35 AM
  #42
CH74
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 330
vCash: 500
Ha ben, le mot d-o-u-c-h-e est censuré sur HF.

CH74 is offline  
Old
01-10-2005, 11:19 AM
  #43
Guriken
Registered User
 
Guriken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Quebec, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 443
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EaGLE1
Stefan Bergeron again

Hockey is not just about scoring goals. If so, Adam Oates would be considered as a marginal player.

Soft dumb shooters like Dagenais cannot be considered good hockey players

Damn, he only scored 17 goals (all because of Ribeiro), and some peoples start saying that he have a top 10 wrist shots, even though that he's a snap or slap shooter, most of the time...

... Dagenais just started to get regular shifts in the nhl last year... And he managed to do a good job offensively and defensively. Ribeiro and Dagenais were +15 at the end of the season, is it only because he was playing with Ribeiro?

He scored more goals then Alexei Kovalev, Ray Whitney, Jeff O'neil, Teemu Selanne, Mike Comrie. That's something... I don't care if it's because of Ribeiro, or Koivu ... he managed to score many goals in only 50 games! That's what i call producing.
He's still young and can improve his game. Wait until hockey begins then you will be able to judge him better.

Guriken is offline  
Old
01-10-2005, 11:57 AM
  #44
HABitude
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Laprairie, dans la belle Province
Posts: 2,561
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guriken
... Dagenais just started to get regular shifts in the nhl last year... And he managed to do a good job offensively and defensively. Ribeiro and Dagenais were +15 at the end of the season, is it only because he was playing with Ribeiro?

He scored more goals then Alexei Kovalev, Ray Whitney, Jeff O'neil, Teemu Selanne, Mike Comrie. That's something... I don't care if it's because of Ribeiro, or Koivu ... he managed to score many goals in only 50 games! That's what i call producing.
He's still young and can improve his game. Wait until hockey begins then you will be able to judge him better.
Exactly!

I think he deserves another try, or another shot (une autre shot, la pognez-vous?)

What can we expect from Dagenais? The best or the worst. Or in between like last season.
If his skating gets worse, he's over, done! If his shooting gets average, it's over.

If his skating and overall hockey sense (defensive and offensive) improves, let's keep him! He will score goals, which is a reason of existence of a Hockey Team if I'm right.

HABitude is offline  
Old
01-10-2005, 12:01 PM
  #45
Blackshad
Registered User
 
Blackshad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,242
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EaGLE1
Tremendous shot?

Let's not overare his shot. It's a good strong shot, but tremendous is way too much...Brett Hull have a tremendous shot. Sakic have a tremendous shot...

Without Ribeiro, this guy is nothing at the NHL level.
He have a trememdous shot thats for sure.

Blackshad is offline  
Old
01-10-2005, 01:12 PM
  #46
EaGLE1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Quebec City
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,442
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan_Latulippe
Here's a nice gesture by Ribs....he is growing up!! It was taken from another website about Ribs this weekend:

Wow!!! La classe de Mike Ribeiro.....Renversé
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ce soir, un athlete m'a renversé. C'était mon joueur préféré avec le CH et croyez moi pour un maudit bout de temps, si le hockey revient je vais regarder et prier pour qu'il arrive les meilleurs chose au monde a Mike Ribeiro.

Il a signé des autographes, pendant le jeu, sur le banc, entre les periodes, apres le match, etc..... Je me suis assis avec lui tout bonnement dans la chambre a coté comme si Lewis était assis la.....et on jasais hockey.....mais le HIT de la soirée....

Mike Ribeiro finit le match et en descendant les marches vers la chambre des joueurs, je lui fais signer une roulette de tape a hockey pour le @#%$ trainer de Louiseville pour superstition pour les séries, il accepte volontié comme il a fait toute la soirée.

Et la je lui demande, Mike ton baton avec lequel tu as joué ce soir pourrais tu me le donner ou il est déja réservé.....IL me dit: Désolé, il est déja réservé pour quelqu'un......oh merde dommage....il me repond: Bien attend, je prend ma ******, je me change et apres vient avec moi j'en ai un autre dans mon auto que je pourrais te donner.....Un Easton Synergy one piece qu'il signe et me donne.....Tiens et bonne chance dans vos playoffs.....

Merde le gars il a signé un paquet d'autographes, il aurait pu me dire: Non il est reservé Désolé.....et s'arreter la.....et foutre le camp et me signer un papier, ma bonne vieille casquette du canadien et dire Bye et a la prochain.....Bien non il finit de se changer vient me voir pour me dire Go es tu pret je vais aller te chercher ca....et me dis as tu un stylo pour que je te le signe rendu dehors!!!!!!!!!

Sacramen..........Renversé....je voulais vous partager le tout juste pour montrer que certains athletes sont différent et ce soir.....Ayoye....une drette au visage comme on dit....pire qu'une drette du HAMMER!!!!
I always thought Ribeiro was a player that cared about normal hockey fans.
We seen his positions regarding the CBA: ''stars players shouldn't be paid over 6$M a year...''.

Every time i hear his comments, he actually say something instead of what other hockey players say like ''we played 60 minutes tonight...'' etc..

I like him because of that. And he's a damn good hockey player too.

EaGLE1 is offline  
Old
01-10-2005, 04:13 PM
  #47
Habs13
Registered User
 
Habs13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: England
Posts: 5,591
vCash: 500
Dagenais vs. Ryder? Easy people!

Ryder is a complete player ; he scores, feathers pases, skates well, forechecks, hits hard and often.. I wouldn't be suprised to see him drop the gloves! It's about the only thing he hasn't done yet. He was robbed of the Calder trophy as far as I'm concerend. It isn't just his wicked shot that nets him goals, it's his vision. All great players has eagle-eye vision for the game. He knows where to go and when to get there.. his talented and gritty and I'm happy he's a Hab.

Dagenais is lazy, he floats and has poor skating skills. Has size but dosen't play the body much.. dosen't create scoring chances. Waits and takes passes.. he might have scored 17 goals in 50 games but many of them where knock in's off of Ryder's shots and plays and the rest where tape to tape passes from Ribeiro. I can't remember seing Dagenais back check at all.. he's a floater.. forget him.

Why waste time with Dagenais when we have Hossa that is much better suited for the spot. Hossa has a good shot, skates well and is everything Dagenais is not.

If not Hossa, Plekanec.. or Perezhogin or.. you know? Get rid of Dagenais, package him up with Sundstrom and see if we can get some new pucks. Those two spots would be much better with Plekanec and Hossa in them..

Habs13 is offline  
Old
01-10-2005, 04:53 PM
  #48
Stefan_Latulippe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,878
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs13
Why waste time with Dagenais when we have Hossa that is much better suited for the spot. Hossa has a good shot, skates well and is everything Dagenais is not.
So, how come such a grrreat player such as Hossa, played in the AHL iso Dagenais? I am sure that you will say that the Bulldogs needed him last season and Gainey wanted a real leader with the kids there????

Stefan_Latulippe is offline  
Old
01-10-2005, 07:08 PM
  #49
EaGLE1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Quebec City
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,442
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan_Latulippe
So, how come such a grrreat player such as Hossa, played in the AHL iso Dagenais? I am sure that you will say that the Bulldogs needed him last season and Gainey wanted a real leader with the kids there????
Hossa is 23 and is not fully developped yet. Dagenais had NHL experience under his belt and can't learn more at 26 or 27.

Dagenais could be a ''good'' player if he was using his big body, going in the corners, give bodychecks, play with intensity at all time and stop shooting on net when he enter the zone like a numb one-trick poney.

There's many ''if'' but it's only a question of desire. This guy can do more. And he will have to do more if he want to stay with our team.

EaGLE1 is offline  
Old
01-10-2005, 07:52 PM
  #50
Corey
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 3,300
vCash: 500
Switzerland would be a great place for Ribeiro to play. He might like it so much that he stays there.

Corey is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:20 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.