HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

2012 Leafs Board Prospect Ranking: #16

View Poll Results: Prospect Ranking #16
Petter Granberg 25 24.04%
Dominic Toninato 2 1.92%
Spencer Abbott 1 0.96%
Jamie Devane 3 2.88%
Mark Owuya 20 19.23%
Jussi Rynnas 6 5.77%
Garret Sparks 4 3.85%
David Broll 3 2.88%
Andrew Crescenzi 2 1.92%
Kenny Ryan 5 4.81%
Leo Komarov 9 8.65%
Josh Leivo 20 19.23%
Marcel Mueller 3 2.88%
Tom Nilsson 1 0.96%
Andrew MacWilliam 0 0%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Old
07-12-2012, 09:08 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant View Post
Wrote this in another thread but I guess it is much better suited for in this one haha. My apologies for the really forced bad puns haha.

I have Rielly Bigg hopes for some of our recent draft picks, my Percyption on them is that they will all be Frattintastic! Can't wait for them to Finnish Devaneloping. Once they are done developing, the 4th line will provide that Spark that lets us bring back Dechampsionship and we will all Loov the players who did it, Abbott time we win something in this city. Everyone would be celebrating together and become, atleast in spanish, D'Amigo's. We will fill up the cup with so much champagne and beer it will be like there was a McKegg in it. Later at the award ceremonies Phaneuf gets the Norris for Holzering down the fort while Kessel will win the Ross, what colour is that trophy anyways? Brown? Or is it a little Blacker? Anyways, I just hope nobody Leivo's town so we can repeat, if anyone did I would just Broll my eyes out, Scrivens if it is just our 13th forward, I would be upset. I want a Rynnassty to be Colborne and the only way that happens is if we all stay together.
beautiful. LOL!

07-12-2012, 09:10 AM
QMJHLfollower
Heart and soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty10 View Post
Granberg. Played on the WJC gold medal winning team and was very effective in his role, but he's only our 16th best prospect?! Well most people here will be in for a nice surprise.
We can say: Komarov. Played on the KHL Gagarin Cup Champion winning team(2011/12) and on the World Championship Gold Medal winning team(2010/11) and was very effective in his role, but he's not even yet ranked in our prospects ranking?!

QMJHLfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 03:09 PM
My Sweet Shadow

I'm going to go with Owuya. He dominated in the SEL as a 21 year old (very rare for a goalie especially). And then this year he tore up both the ECHL and the AHL, when he got called up. If we go with a Reimer/Scrivens combo on the Leafs, I feel that there's a strong chance Owuya eventually overtakes Rynnas as the Marlies' starter.

My Sweet Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 03:19 PM
Drew75

These boards are so funny ...

Certain guys get higher ratings because they are further along in their development than others (example: Frattin, Scrivens)

Others like Komarov who should be a beast for us this year get no love even though his development should be close to done, lol

Drew75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 03:26 PM
bobermay

I think this is my 6 time voting Leivo...

bobermay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 03:50 PM
Grant
LL Genius

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew75 View Post

Certain guys get higher ratings because they are further along in their development than others (example: Frattin, Scrivens)

Others like Komarov who should be a beast for us this year get no love even though his development should be close to done, lol
There is a difference between prospects and NHL ready though. If these polls were on NHL readiness it would be really different. The way these polls seem to voted on as is a combination of a players ceiling and NHL ready, more heavily weighted to a players ceiling.

Grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 04:24 PM
Whydidijoin*

Voted Granberg. Differences are so small at this point though.

Quote:
I have Rielly Bigg hopes for some of our recent draft picks, my Percyption on them is that they will all be Frattintastic! Can't wait for them to Finnish Devaneloping. Once they are done developing, the 4th line will provide that Spark that lets us bring back Dechampsionship and we will all Loov the players who did it, Abbott time we win something in this city. Everyone would be celebrating together and become, atleast in spanish, D'Amigo's. We will fill up the cup with so much champagne and beer it will be like there was a McKegg in it. Later at the award ceremonies Phaneuf gets the Norris for Holzering down the fort while Kessel will win the Ross, what colour is that trophy anyways? Brown? Or is it a little Blacker? Anyways, I just hope nobody Leivo's town so we can repeat, if anyone did I would just Broll my eyes out, Scrivens if it is just our 13th forward, I would be upset. I want a Rynnassty to be Colborne and the only way that happens is if we all stay together.

Whydidijoin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 06:09 PM
Grant
LL Genius

Decided to try and get all of our prospects names in that thing I was doing. I can't get the following in so if you want to help I would appreciate it haha.

MacWilliam
Mueller
Crescenzi
Knodel
Rupert

I also don't really know the pronunciations on Crescenzi and Knodel if anyone wants to tell me what it is.

Last edited by Grant: 07-12-2012 at 06:16 PM.
Old
07-12-2012, 06:11 PM
Troy Barnes

voted Levio, I like his potential

Troy Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 06:21 PM
Whydidijoin*

Quote:
I also don't really know the pronunciations on Crescenzi and Knodel if anyone wants to tell me what it is.
As far as I know, Crescenzi is pronounced like crescendo (the music term, gradual increase in volume), but with zi (zee, or how americans pronounce Z) at the end. Knodel has a silent K, and pronounced kind of like no-dull (kind of like how you say mogul - the ski hill bumps).

That might have made you more confused, lol. But I tried.

Whydidijoin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 06:22 PM
Grant
LL Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whydidijoin View Post
As far as I know, Crescenzi is pronounced like crescendo, but with zi (zee, or how americans pronounce Z) at the end. Knodel has a silent K, and pronounced kind of like no-dull (kind of like how you say mogul - the ski hill bumps).

Alright thanks, will try to fit them in.

Old
07-12-2012, 06:38 PM
My Sweet Shadow

Quote:
As far as I know, Crescenzi is pronounced like crescendo (the music term, gradual increase in volume), but with zi (zee, or how americans pronounce Z) at the end. Knodel has a silent K, and pronounced kind of like no-dull (kind of like how you say mogul - the ski hill bumps).

You are correct in both cases.

My Sweet Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 06:50 PM
Grant
LL Genius

Screw it I'm just going to put Crescenzi`s name in, can`t think of a word that is similar enough that can be used.

Got them all in, quite a few of them pretty forced but it`s done. Will save it for the next prospect thread.

Old
07-12-2012, 06:54 PM
calcal798

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty10 View Post
Granberg. Played on the WJC gold medal winning team and was very effective in his role, but he's only our 16th best prospect?! Well most people here will be in for a nice surprise.
Surprising. Never noticed how much Burke has actually rebuilt our prospect pool. We could have quite a large amount of talented kids coming up the system.

calcal798 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 07:06 PM
Leafs at Knight
Fire Burn the Ice

Quote:
Screw it I'm just going to put Crescenzi`s name in, can`t think of a word that is similar enough that can be used.

Got them all in, quite a few of them pretty forced but it`s done. Will save it for the next prospect thread.
What about Ashton ?

Leafs at Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 07:07 PM
Grant
LL Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs at Knight View Post
What about Ashton ?
He`s in there Not really in there well, but he`s in there haha.

Edit: Just changed how his name is used, I like it better now

Old
07-12-2012, 07:26 PM
dougieg93
flip for filip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew75 View Post

For me I'm not sure about that as my rankings are more based on potential and whether they continue to meet or go beyond expectations vs. they are NHL ready. I selected Granberg over Komarov because I would project him as a top 4 d, whereas Komarov to me is a potential solid bottom 6, which isn't a knock against Komarov at all - you need these kind of players.

dougieg93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 07:46 PM
LeafsMonster
MeowLeafs is awesome

Owuya

LeafsMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 09:52 PM
TheKingSlayer
He was in the way!

I remember about 3 years ago when we were all talking about how this team has no good d-men in the system. I told everyone to wait and see what we have in Gunnarsson, Mikus and Holzer when they come over. Look at what we have gotten with some patience. A solid top 4 guy in Gunnar and a nice bottom pairing physical player in Holzer (at the very least IMO).

Link to my comments from 2009: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...nnarson&page=2

I think the same thing is going to happen again soon. Granberg = Gunnarson, Macwilliam=Holzer, Loov=Mikus. We can only hope that of those three we can get 2 more solid NHL d-men.

If we put in the patience, ensure we have a great developmental system and make smart draft choices, we should be able to keep up our defensive depth for years to come.

My point being...More love for Granberg and MacWilliam! (And Leivo as well).

TheKingSlayer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 01:56 PM
BenchedGuy

Quote:

Crescenzi - (Cra-schenn-zee) is how its sounds by the Kitchener announcers.

Do not understand the lack of love for Marcel Mueller. Big body hitter. Would have thought there would have been more votes.

BenchedGuy is offline   Reply With Quote