Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Iginla trade possibilities

Old
07-12-2012, 08:49 AM
kernalbyrne22

vCash: 500
Iginla trade possibilities

Hey all, flyer fan here. Just wanted to get some feedback and see your thoughts on what it would take to get Iggy before the season, and what it would take at the deadline if the circumstances were right (Flames out of playoff contention). Would Couturier or Schenn have to be a baseline for any deal to be made? Could Iggy resign in CGY?

kernalbyrne22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 08:56 AM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 50
I think Couturier or Schenn is a perfect starting point. I would be willing to add to get Gustavsson as well.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 10:00 AM
Flamesarmstrong22

From Philly I would like:
Brayden schenn,Erik gustafson,Eric wellwood, conditional first if you guys make it to the cup finals. If you don't it's a 2nd.

Flamesarmstrong22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 10:07 AM
Johnny Hoxville
Dust Buster

vCash: 2403
I'd want Couturier and I'd do Iggy for him straight up. No offense, but there is no one else I'd want on the Flyers that would be available that would entice me to deal Iggy.

Giroux is obviously not in the conversation. JVR is no longer there. Slim chance the Schenn brother's get split up. Briere is to old and would not waive. Hartnell is a Flyer through and through, and is not a good rebuilding piece. Voracek is good, but IMO hasn't shown enough to say that he's gonna get to a 'high' level. Read is decent also, but not what I'd want for moving Iggy.

If Couturier was on the table for Iginla, I would pull the trigger. I know the Flyers love him, but I think that deal makes the most sense for everyone. It gives Philly a prototypical Flyer top line winger, and still leaves them with Giroux, Schenn and Briere down the middle. Unfortunately I don't see Feaster making that deal now and by the deadline Iggy's value won't be able to land a Couturier caliber prospect. We would likely be looking at Voracek and a 1st at that time.

Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 10:44 AM
Stewie Griffin
( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

vCash: 13000
I can't spell Couturier without looking up his name but I'd take him in a deal for Iginla. I also like Brandon Manning.

Perhaps Couturier with Manning and the previously mentioned conditional draft pick for Iginla+ (Backlund?)

Or swing for the fences, both Schenns for Iginla & Bouwmeester.

Stewie Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 11:03 AM
Johnny Hoxville
Dust Buster

I really like Stewie's deal where Backlund is included. That may be more enticing to Philly as well as they would 'somewhat' replace Couturier in that trade.

As much as I love Iggy, I would equate this trade scenario to the Seguin idea tossed around 1-2 seasons ago. Couturier may not have quite the ceiling Seguin has, but he pretty much has all the same tools. If we wait one more season and Couturier progresses to a higher level, he is suddenly off the table. If Holmgren would offer us Iginla, that is a deal I would absolutely make.

Old
07-12-2012, 04:46 PM
Beats By CoRD
Shoeless Hudler

Couturier + 2013 1st and conditional 1st for Iginla straight up. Add in Backlund maybe to sweeten the deal. Pretty good for both sides. I'd do it.

HawnzDynastyProductions.com
Beats By CoRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 04:49 PM
InfinityIggy
No Longer Flammable

vCash: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by kernalbyrne22 View Post
Hey all, flyer fan here. Just wanted to get some feedback and see your thoughts on what it would take to get Iggy before the season, and what it would take at the deadline if the circumstances were right (Flames out of playoff contention). Would Couturier or Schenn have to be a baseline for any deal to be made? Could Iggy resign in CGY?
IMO you absolutely have to start with Couturier.

Couturier
1st
3rd

for

Iginla
Tanguay (Package deal, Tangs + Iggy is magic)

InfinityIggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 06:23 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post

Couturier
1st
3rd

for

Iginla
Change the 3rd to a prospect like Manning or Gustafsson and we add 2nd.

Old
07-12-2012, 07:39 PM
Mike Jones

I'm not sure what it is but for some strange reason I can't see Iggy playing for the Flyers. Do they need someone like him?

If so then I'd suggest a couple of tier 2 roster players (2nd line forward and a second pairing defenseman for example) and a decent prospect.

Last edited by Mike Jones: 07-12-2012 at 07:49 PM.
Mike Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 11:53 PM
MarkGio

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post

Couturier
1st
3rd

for

Iginla
As much as I love Iggy, Couturier would be one sweet return. I think Iggy is exactly what the Flyers need since they lost Jagr.

MarkGio is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 11:55 PM
BVicious

Voracek + couturier + conditional pick on a cup win/ re-sign.

Otherwise Iggy doesn't go. Period.

BVicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 11:58 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVicious View Post
Voracek + couturier + conditional pick on a cup win/ re-sign.

Otherwise Iggy doesn't go. Period.
Thats brutal for Philly, Couturier straight up is very good value.

Old
07-13-2012, 12:24 AM
BVicious

What's brutal for Philly? Winning the cup? Losing couts is tough, voracek wont produce as much as iggy in the next 3 years. And they have no issues parting with a pick if they are legit cup contenders for 3 years.

You do know what iggy would do on a line with giroux? How his leadership could help the Schenns, Simmond, etc.

Philly is the clear perfect fit for iggy outside of the Flames. But the Flames need a huge return. Huge.

Couturier is still an unproven talent

Old
07-13-2012, 12:59 AM
Johnny Hoxville
Dust Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
Thats brutal for Philly, Couturier straight up is very good value.
Yup, exactly! When Couturier has a 50pt season as a 19 year old, he simply won't be available. He will go to Evander Kane/Seguin status and we will have no chance. If he was offered for Iginla now, I would strike while the iron is hot and make that deal now without hesitation and hope we can resign him.

Couturier is a hell of a young player and I often use the Toews comparison with him and think that's a very realistic projection. Seeing how Baertschi draws a lot of P. Kane comparisons, that combo may not workout to bad for us. Then throw Janko and Gaudreau on another line down the road, and away we go.

Old
07-13-2012, 06:30 AM
Mike Jones

Quote:
What's brutal for Philly? Winning the cup? Losing couts is tough, voracek wont produce as much as iggy in the next 3 years. And they have no issues parting with a pick if they are legit cup contenders for 3 years.

You do know what iggy would do on a line with giroux? How his leadership could help the Schenns, Simmond, etc.

Philly is the clear perfect fit for iggy outside of the Flames. But the Flames need a huge return. Huge.

He'd have to wear a wig or something. I think that would help him fit in.

Mike Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 08:54 AM
TheHudlinator

Quote:

Iginla only has 1 year left and getting him doesn't mean they will the cup. Do you remember the nieuwendyk trade? That is a more realistic trade then what you are asking for.

Old
07-13-2012, 04:58 PM
BVicious

I'm not asking to trade iggy. I'd prefer to resign him. If he went to Philly I'd expect that in return.

Old
07-13-2012, 06:26 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
I'm not asking to trade iggy. I'd prefer to resign him. If he went to Philly I'd expect that in return.
Thats foolish we will never see that kind of return. All my jersey's are Flames jersey's, I wear #12 in every sport and I became a Flames fan because of Iginla he is absolutely my favorite hockey player of all time and I never want to see him wear anything but the flaming C but he is not worth what you are asking.

Old
07-13-2012, 06:37 PM
BVicious

Maybe. Maybe not. Point is, over-payment or don't trade him. Voracek is considered a decent player at best. He hasn't broken out, and will probably only sign a 1 yr deal because you cannot sign him to Giroux type dollars.

I am also a full fledged Flames fan, but I consider Philly my 2nd team. I know that roster and the loss of Couts, would be huge. But I also know that Iggy would put up huge numbers on any contending teams roster.

Some Calgary Fans realize how great he is, and value him at par or above to what he really is. But some fans don't actually realize how few players in the league that are comparable to him, even at the 'old' age of 35.

See Teemu.

Old
07-13-2012, 06:49 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Maybe. Maybe not. Point is, over-payment or don't trade him. Voracek is considered a decent player at best. He hasn't broken out, and will probably only sign a 1 yr deal because you cannot sign him to Giroux type dollars.

I am also a full fledged Flames fan, but I consider Philly my 2nd team. I know that roster and the loss of Couts, would be huge. But I also know that Iggy would put up huge numbers on any contending teams roster.

Some Calgary Fans realize how great he is, and value him at par or above to what he really is. But some fans don't actually realize how few players in the league that are comparable to him, even at the 'old' age of 35.

See Teemu.
Uh what Voracek is a top 6 22 year old how in the hell is that decent at best? He is a great player but in no way is he worth a young top 6 player with first line potential and a top prospect with Toews like potential.

Old
07-13-2012, 07:16 PM
BVicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
Uh what Voracek is a top 6 22 year old how in the hell is that decent at best? He is a great player but in no way is he worth a young top 6 player with first line potential and a top prospect with Toews like potential.
It is not worth trading Iginla for a 'fair' deal. You need gross over payment. Simple. The guy is all Canadian, he loves Calgary. You build around him till he's done.
It's obvious this is the owners wishes. The team will listen to offers but it has to be gross for them to consider it.

I think they want to extend him. Try until he's done. They don't have the balls to move him. Iggy doesn't have the balls to ask to leave. So make it happen.

It has to be gross over payment. Yes Iggy needs the Stanley Cup, but think about what he's already done. He wants to win here, not go to a team for 3 months and lift a cup. He doesn't want to be a part of a rebuild. So we just rebuild around him, I'm fine with that. He is like 6 years younger than Salanne.

Old
07-13-2012, 07:19 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
It is not worth trading Iginla for a 'fair' deal. You need gross over payment. Simple. The guy is all Canadian, he loves Calgary. You build around him till he's done.
It's obvious this is the owners wishes. The team will listen to offers but it has to be gross for them to consider it.

I think they want to extend him. Try until he's done. They don't have the balls to move him. Iggy doesn't have the balls to ask to leave. So make it happen.

It has to be gross over payment. Yes Iggy needs the Stanley Cup, but think about what he's already done. He wants to win here, not go to a team for 3 months and lift a cup. He doesn't want to be a part of a rebuild. So we just rebuild around him, I'm fine with that. He is like 6 years younger than Salanne.
Couts is overpayment the kid is going to be a star maybe not Iginla level but the chance to have Couts for his career is worth 1 year of Iginla.

Old
07-13-2012, 08:23 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Dust Buster

Couturier IS an over payment, the Flyers may not even be prepared to offer that but then again they may be because they have Giroux, Schenn and Briere all as Centre's. If the Flyers offered Couturier for Iginla, we take that deal and run. Couturier should turn out to be a defensively sound, #1C with tremendous offensive upside for the next 15 years. I love Iginla as much as anyone, but we would be foolish and short sighted to pass on that deal.

Old
07-13-2012, 08:53 PM
InfinityIggy
No Longer Flammable

vCash: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
Couturier IS an over payment, the Flyers may not even be prepared to offer that but then again they may be because they have Giroux, Schenn and Briere all as Centre's. If the Flyers offered Couturier for Iginla, we take that deal and run. Couturier should turn out to be a defensively sound, #1C with tremendous offensive upside for the next 15 years. I love Iginla as much as anyone, but we would be foolish and short sighted to pass on that deal.
Pretty much this. It would be Intellectually dishonest if we didn't make that trade.

InfinityIggy is online now   Reply With Quote