1. In the end your team will consist of 13 forwards, 7 dman and 2 goalies. You should base your picks on positions: LW, C, RW, D, G. You may lose points from judges if you choose 13 centers, because your team will be dysfunctional. Base your picks on positions.
2. You must draft someone who played in the NHL this current season 2010-2011 regular season/playoffs. (So you cannot pick Yukapov for example). YOU CANNOT DRAFT RETIRED PLAYERS! NO Nicklas Lidstrom OR Alexander Radulov!
3. Once on the clock you will be given 2 hours to make your selection. However 12am eastern till 8am eastern will be considered dead time and no GM shall miss his pick between these hours. GM's will however still be aloud to make a pick during these hours if it is his or her turn to pick. Then once 8 am eastern rolls arround the GM who is due to pick next will be on the clock beginning at 8am eastern. If you are on the clock between 9:01 PM eastern and 12 am eastern your time will carry over into the morning and you will go back on the clock beginning at 8 am.
eg. It is 9:34 PM eastern and I am on the clock. I am aloud to make my pick no later then 8:34 AM eastern the next morning.
4. You must PM the GM picking next informing him that you have made your pick and it is now his or her turn to pick. The penalty for failing is you being a dick, and everyone hating you. If it happens enough I'll scream at you through PM for being a dick. If it continues to happen I come to your house and shove a cucumber up your ass and make you keep it there until it becomes a pickle.
5. If in the event you miss your pick by taking longer then your 3 hour limit, the next GM will be allowed to conduct his pick and the draft will resume. You will how ever be allowed to make your selection still at any point of time that you return to make your pick even if someone else is on the clock.
6. if you make a mistake and pick a player who is all ready taken the draft will resume and that GM will have to select a new player when he or she is made aware of the invalid pick. That GM will then be aloud to make his new selection at any time.
I will do my best to keep a close eye on this. I suggest that we all work together to make sure we keep an eye out for this and notify that GM right away through PM and let him pick again if he or she is contacted. Obviously if he or she makes the pick then goes off line they will be disappointed when they return at a later time. Lets try and be fair and not try and use an invalid.
7. It is up to you as the GM to watch the time that the previous GM makes his pick because once he makes his pick you have 2 hours to make your pick from the time posted of the previous GM's pick.
EG. I select Kyle Wellwood at 3 pm but I had till 5 PM to make my pick. The next GM now has till 6 PM to make his selection.
*I strongly recomend that if your not frequently on here you get an assistant GM or leave your pick preferences with a judge or someone you know to select for you.*
8. Once the draft is concluded the 24 teams rosters will go into a new judgeing thread. Judges will be given 2 days to examine the 24 teams and make their decision.
9. Their will be 22 rounds in the draft
10. GM's who pick back-to-back only have 2 hours to pick as if they had only 1 pick. You should know when you pick, you might as well make them both.
11. There will be no Cap!
All trades must be announced by all the GM's involved in a trade in the draft trade thread for the trade to be official.
1. TRADES MUST HAVE EQUAL AMOUNT OF ASSETS GOING TO BOTH SIDE. Eg. 1 for 1, or 3 players/picks for 3 players/picks
2. There will be no free agency until after the draft (22 rounds are complete) where you can drop players after the draft, to replace them with the ones that are available. First come first serve basis, but we will worry about this after the draft.
3. Trades must be CONFIRMED by both GMs in this thread
4. Only state team rumors here (don’t add any comment/complaints) and trade confirmations. Want to keep this thread clean and as easy as possible to follow.
1. In the event that a GM decides to quit in the middle of the draft and a new GM can not be hired for that team that GM's players will be removed from the draft like they never existed.
2. After the draft begins on Eastern any rule changes or additions will be done through a poll amongst the board of governors (All GM's) and Judges. This will avoid any body being upset of a necessary rule change if need be. Majority rules. I am hopping we don't have to do this but I feel it is good to have some sort of documentation of how to handle a situation should it a rise that we must change something on the fly.
3. If a GM misses a pick and his next pick is now due he or she doesn't get 3 hours to pick and the GM in the next slot can make his pick. The GM who has missed the picks can make his or her selections at any time when he or she returns.
The judging will be based upon the present ability of all current NHL players and not future potential. The team will be judged on its ability to win the cup as of now. The judges will take careful considerations of all strengths and weaknesses of the teams and together decide who wins the Lord Stanley. All players will be considered 100% healthy and playing to full potential. If players have had 1 bad year but is considered outside the norm, then they are viewed for their previous work. For example, Ryan Getzlaf and injury prone players like Gaborik are excellent picks.
Judges will also judge teams and hand out additional awards for Best Goaltending, best Defense and best Offense
Porn* will be our newest member to the game. He is what is called a Trade-Veto Judge. In the event that a trade is made, which is wildly unfair he, along with myself have the ability to veto it. We will take the opinions from others in the discussion thread to help sway our decisions.
*This is not a keeper draft so I wouldn't recommend loading up on all rookies*