HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

11'/12' Offseason/Trades/Proposals: FOR CRYING OUT LOUD WHERE ARE THE RUMORS!??

Closed Thread

Old
07-17-2012, 02:42 PM
The Thin White Duke

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Don Draper View Post
Not even worth entertaining the thought, we just don't have the assets to give up without hurting ourselves in the long-run.
Something based around Phaneuf may make sense, the extra pieces required shouldn't be crippling. Gardiner's a possibility with Rielly in the system now too you'd have to think.

Old
07-17-2012, 02:43 PM
Clark4Ever

Sure, why not. If Hasek declines, we can always sign Johnny Bower.

Old
07-17-2012, 02:44 PM
iPunch
Leafs Fan

vCash: 133
I'd rather Johnny Bower

Old
07-17-2012, 02:54 PM
delirium trigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thin White Duke View Post
Something based around Phaneuf may make sense, the extra pieces required shouldn't be crippling. Gardiner's a possibility with Rielly in the system now too you'd have to think.
I don't know if I "have" to think that...

Old
07-17-2012, 03:03 PM
LeafsColts13

vCash: 1400
Give him a tryout and if he can still play sign him for under 1 million.

Old
07-17-2012, 03:10 PM
tg12345*

Yay! I love the Hasek threads. Bring him back. I finally got to post in one of these before it gets locked. Sweet.

Old
07-17-2012, 03:12 PM
mooseOAK*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Don Draper View Post
Not even worth entertaining the thought, we just don't have the assets to give up without hurting ourselves in the long-run.
So Weber can't help the team that he is going to? I figured differently.

Old
07-17-2012, 03:20 PM
7even
Deus Ex Machina

Waste of an SPC.

Old
07-17-2012, 03:51 PM
delirium trigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseOAK View Post
So Weber can't help the team that he is going to? I figured differently.
I think what they guy meant was pretty obvious. Also isn't he a UFA next year? We can't just wait?

Old
07-17-2012, 04:13 PM
mooseOAK*

Quote:
Originally Posted by delirium trigger View Post
I think what they guy meant was pretty obvious. Also isn't he a UFA next year? We can't just wait?
No team can trade for Weber without giving up important assets, thought that was obvious.

Old
07-17-2012, 04:14 PM
Polk High

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7even View Post
Waste of an SPC.
You really think Hasek would demand a Student Price Card as part of his contract? Even so, I'd imagine he'd hava a tough time using it.

Old
07-17-2012, 04:18 PM
Griffski

Quote:
Originally Posted by delirium trigger View Post
Ya I hear weber is close to signing a one year deal...

This is Shea weber people. I'd do something like phaneuf, Mac, Gardiner. Sign him 8 yrs 8 mill

Old
07-17-2012, 04:18 PM
Dayjobdave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark4Ever View Post
Sure, why not. If Hasek declines, we can always sign Johnny Bower.
lol, logged in to post the same thing...

Old
07-17-2012, 04:26 PM
delirium trigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinz View Post
have a friend in hockey who has friends that are armature scouts... He hears a lot of rink chatter and tells me about it.
An electric motor scout?

Old
07-17-2012, 04:28 PM
GordieHoweHatTrick

Quote:
have a friend in hockey who has friends that are armature scouts... He hears a lot of rink chatter and tells me about it.
Did you mean armchair?

Old
07-17-2012, 04:31 PM
Pi

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordieHoweHatTrick View Post
Did you mean armchair?
I think he meant amateur scout, but completely butchered it.

Old
07-17-2012, 04:44 PM
Rockinz
Leafs 4 the cup

3 response's 1 typo

Old
07-17-2012, 04:45 PM
delirium trigger

Aren't we all technically amateur scouts?

Old
07-17-2012, 04:51 PM
Leafs at Knight
Fire Burn the Ice

Quote:
3 response's 1 typo
They were joking..

Old
07-17-2012, 04:56 PM
dimi78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffski View Post
Ya I hear weber is close to signing a one year deal...

This is Shea weber people. I'd do something like phaneuf, Mac, Gardiner. Sign him 8 yrs 8 mill
Of course you would.... When will people stop undervaluing Phaneuf furthermore giving up on Gardiner to boot with him. That type of trade benefits Nashville not Toronto with the goaltending question mark the Leafs have.

Weber is a stud but not the Crosby of D men, you make that trade and the goaltending quality stays the same the team wont do much better at all. What you've done is replaced Phaneuf who's top pairing D men himself for Weber at the cost of Gardiner yet zero improvement in the standings.

It's not that I wouldn't trade for Weber but not for both Phaneuf and Gardiner.... with the goaltending question marks I'm not sure the Leafs should entertain in making any a big splash trade that would also cost them this years 1st round pick, I've had enough of the debate of the Kessel trade but losing out on Nathan MacKinnon or Seth Jones would make losing out on Seguin look like childs play.

If I'm giving up that package to Nashville it's not Weber I want it's Rinne that I want and build from there.

Old
07-17-2012, 05:02 PM
stakesishigh
how swede it is

The lack of hockey news sucks : /

Thank god for the steam sale or I'd be going nuts.

Old
07-17-2012, 05:18 PM
Leafsforlife98

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErnieLeafs View Post
Just because someone looks similar, doesn't make another player expendable. Do you think if ANA had two Niedermayers on the back-end, that they would trade one? Just keep both, and know that you have two pairings that move the puck at an elite level, along with other things.

You move Percy, Finn, Franson first.

Phaneuf Rielly
Gardiner Blacker
Gunnar Holzer

Would you be upset with that if they all panned out?? I wouldn't.
But what are you gonna get Percy, Finn or Franson? Some people think Franson won't net a 1st round.

But if Burke puts Gardiner on the block, he is getting a nice package in return, especially if Gardiner is packaged with other players.

For Shea Webber I would do

Mikhail Grabovski, Jake Gardiner, a prospect like Nazem Kadri or Matt Frattin and 2013 1st and 2nd round picks.

That seems like a lot to me, but most will say it's too little, but I wouldn't give any more then that. Plus I doubt Poille wants a package centered around Phaneuf.

I like the prospect of having Phaneuf and Weber on the team whether they play together or on Seperate lines. In a couple of years the top 4 d core looks like this then I will be a very happy man.

Weber, Phaneuf, Rielly and Franson. Pretty solid and big in size.

But I doubt very much Burke can beat out other offers from other teams

Old
07-17-2012, 05:19 PM
Griffski

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimi78 View Post
Of course you would.... When will people stop undervaluing Phaneuf furthermore giving up on Gardiner to boot with him. That type of trade benefits Nashville not Toronto with the goaltending question mark the Leafs have.

Weber is a stud but not the Crosby of D men, you make that trade and the goaltending quality stays the same the team wont do much better at all. What you've done is replaced Phaneuf who's top pairing D men himself for Weber at the cost of Gardiner yet zero improvement in the standings.

It's not that I wouldn't trade for Weber but not for both Phaneuf and Gardiner.... with the goaltending question marks I'm not sure the Leafs should entertain in making any a big splash trade that would also cost them this years 1st round pick, I've had enough of the debate of the Kessel trade but losing out on Nathan MacKinnon or Seth Jones would make losing out on Seguin look like childs play.

If I'm giving up that package to Nashville it's not Weber I want it's Rinne that I want and build from there.
I'm all against trading 1st rounders.

Obviously phaneuf must be part of the deal but If Gardiner is the make or break I still pull the trigger. Weber is a massive upgrade on D. Way out of phaneufs league IMO. Him alone makes goalies look better. Who's to say we can't pick up weber and address the goalie situation as well anyways.

Old
07-17-2012, 05:34 PM
delirium trigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafsforlife98 View Post
But what are you gonna get Percy, Finn or Franson? Some people think Franson won't net a 1st round.

But if Burke puts Gardiner on the block, he is getting a nice package in return, especially if Gardiner is packaged with other players.

For Shea Webber I would do

Mikhail Grabovski, Jake Gardiner, a prospect like Nazem Kadri or Matt Frattin and 2013 1st and 2nd round picks.

That seems like a lot to me, but most will say it's too little, but I wouldn't give any more then that. Plus I doubt Poille wants a package centered around Phaneuf.

I like the prospect of having Phaneuf and Weber on the team whether they play together or on Seperate lines. In a couple of years the top 4 d core looks like this then I will be a very happy man.

Weber, Phaneuf, Rielly and Franson. Pretty solid and big in size.

But I doubt very much Burke can beat out other offers from other teams
Are you serious? I wanna trade that for 1guy just cuz his name is weber? How about for phanuef? His age, stats and size are similar. Yes weber is better... But that much? No thanks. Weber will get a huge over payed contract that he will struggle with earning on a yearly bases.

Old
07-17-2012, 06:39 PM
samwitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckWoods View Post
I am worried about seeing this board flooded with crap.

If I wanted this sort of info I would have just read Eklunds blog or Hockeybuzz and not come visit this website.

This use to be a good place to come and read some pretty articulate and educated posts about fans current opinions, but now this board is just being pointed in the wrong direction and its being allowed for some reason. At some point this "grain of salt" has to cross the line into what you guys call "trolling". Its a lot of crap, as Marleau + 17th was never in play along with Nik Backstrom (WSH), along with many other aspects of his posts, all that have yet to come to fruition.

Its impossible to avoid too since the "quotes" of his post cannot be "ignored". I have quickly lost interest in this board for this very reason.
I don't know man I still like reading and posting on these boards. I don't get caught up in rumours I read on here. People can say whatever they want on here and some people take advantage of that.

Closed Thread