HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

11'/12' Offseason/Trades/Proposals: FOR CRYING OUT LOUD WHERE ARE THE RUMORS!??

Closed Thread

Old
07-19-2012, 02:16 PM
Doug Gilmour
Leafer Since '95

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger Mayhew View Post
I'd trade Kulemin+2nd round pick for Bernier, but would rather keep Frattin.

I have a feeling Frattin will have a breakout year this season, playing with Van-Riemsdyk and Grabovski.
I just can't justify trading Kulemin until the tradeline or ever, plus Kulemin has shown us what he is capable of doing in the NHL and that is worth more than having to add a 2nd to him to get a goaltender who plays backup to a 60 games a year, elite starter.

Frattin straight up for Bernier is a very, VERY tempting trade that you either do now or never mention again. I like what I have seen from Frattin and we need his style of play in our top 6 but we also need to solidify our goaltending.

We need to trade out Lombardi, Connolly and/or MacArthur if we want to start using our NHL-ready prospects, because we have too many forwards fighting for a few positions (but given the money tied up with MacA, Connolly, and Lombardi they get first dibs)

Old
07-19-2012, 02:30 PM
L Corncrick
NHL Outsider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Gilmour View Post
Frattin straight up for Bernier is a very, VERY tempting trade that you either do now or never mention again. I like what I have seen from Frattin and we need his style of play in our top 6 but we also need to solidify our goaltending.

We need to trade out Lombardi, Connolly and/or MacArthur if we want to start using our NHL-ready prospects, because we have too many forwards fighting for a few positions (but given the money tied up with MacA, Connolly, and Lombardi they get first dibs)
I think we could do Big mac for Bernier and let them swap prospects if need be to balance the trade a bit. Having a Reimer clone will be great in case ours turns out to be permanently broken.

Old
07-19-2012, 02:30 PM
delirium trigger

Burke seems very high on frattin, I can't see him trading him for a riemer doppleganger,

Old
07-19-2012, 02:36 PM
Pyromaniac3

So I proposed Mac+Ashton for Volchenkov and Devil fans said they would consider it. What about Leaf fans?

Old
07-19-2012, 02:37 PM
HockeyGuruPitka

Quote:
Originally Posted by delirium trigger View Post
I agree with keeping frattin, but honestly he's a Jeff carter/ dustin brown low-brid.
Haha agreed... That is if everything turns out as planned and obviously that never happens in toronto.

Old
07-19-2012, 02:38 PM
delirium trigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyromaniac3 View Post
So I proposed Mac+Ashton for Volchenkov and Devil fans said they would consider it. What about Leaf fans?
Lol, ya like the opinion of some one from jersey matters.. gross

Old
07-19-2012, 02:48 PM
SprDaVE

Quote:
...why?

Old
07-19-2012, 02:51 PM
Fearless Leaf*
Playiffs 2013!!!!!

Went to Kings board and asked couple of questions on Bernier, and this is what I gathered from there responses. They seem to be quite high on Bernier and think he will most definitely become a legit #1 G with more regular starts.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1233231

Old
07-19-2012, 03:01 PM
Pyromaniac3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprDaVE View Post
...why?
Top 4, Shut down defenseman for pk duties. Takes pressure of Phaneuf and Gunnarsson as the only good pk guys. We also have an excess of forwards.

Old
07-19-2012, 03:19 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Top 4, Shut down defenseman for pk duties. Takes pressure of Phaneuf and Gunnarsson as the only good pk guys. We also have an excess of forwards.
If we are going to use excess forwards on helping our team we shouldn't do it to get volchenkov. I like him but don't see the need for him.

07-19-2012, 03:19 PM
ErnieLeafs
LOVE & LIVE the Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupes View Post
Went to Kings board and asked couple of questions on Bernier, and this is what I gathered from there responses. They seem to be quite high on Bernier and think he will most definitely become a legit #1 G with more regular starts.

Of course they think that....

Old
07-19-2012, 03:20 PM
Orbital

Posted this on anotha thread: Kadri straight up for Bernier is better than Frattin and a 1st.The irrational Kadri-Love fest is getting old on these boards.Carlyle is gonna be brutal on this kid so we might as well get some real talent,not just flash.

Old
07-19-2012, 03:43 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErnieLeafs View Post
I dont still don't buy the bernier hype. I think he is really overrated. Carey price was in a similar position than Bernier was and he took the reins from Huet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orbital View Post
Posted this on anotha thread: Kadri straight up for Bernier is better than Frattin and a 1st.The irrational Kadri-Love fest is getting old on these boards.Carlyle is gonna be brutal on this kid so we might as well get some real talent,not just flash.
I personally think this isn't a well thought proposal, as in your proposal. One player, Kadri, has potential to be a top line player, while Frattin's ceiling is a great second liner. You tell me which then you want to part with. Not to mention one is just about to turn 22, while the other is 25. Patience is a virtue and it has helped a lot of the centers in the big leagues that are dominating for their respective teams. We must do the same with Kadri unless we are in a situation where we can get our own Mike Richards by bartering off a player of Kadri's talent.

Old
07-19-2012, 04:06 PM
LaPlante94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
I dont still don't buy the bernier hype. I think he is really overrated. Carey price was in a similar position than Bernier was and he took the reins from Huet.

I personally think this isn't a well thought proposal, as in your proposal. One player, Kadri, has potential to be a top line player, while Frattin's ceiling is a great second liner. You tell me which then you want to part with. Not to mention one is just about to turn 22, while the other is 25. Patience is a virtue and it has helped a lot of the centers in the big leagues that are dominating for their respective teams. We must do the same with Kadri unless we are in a situation where we can get our own Mike Richards by bartering off a player of Kadri's talent.
Its not really fair to compare Berniers situation to Prices. Price was what 22? And Huet was close to 30. Price was the better goalie of the 2 and a lot younger so Montreal would of been stupid to trade Price. Bernier and Quick are about the same age and Quick has just played way to good to even give Bernier a chance to play. I like Bernier and wouldn't mind if we got him but I just don't want to give up that much for him especially Frattin and a 2nd

Old
07-19-2012, 04:21 PM
threeGo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post
Who cares about other GM's?

I'd trade a 2nd. round pick for C.Wilson any day.

Tell me exactly how the Flyers offersheeting players has hurt them? Flyers have done this before, they still make trades with teams.

It is part of the CBA, no problem those teams agreed to it.
I'm not against it at all. I'm just against paying stupid money for an unproven player. Also with Weber's crazy contract that Nashville is unlikely to match heading out the door, Nashville will have plenty of money to match a 3m cap hit for Wilson. At the end of the day you get a failed attempt at an offer sheet which then makes Nashville's GM pissed off at us trying to take advantage of them while they are down. Also, with the way a lot of people on this board is claiming Wilson will be a #1 center, I don't see him signing a 5 year, 3mil cap hit offer sheet.

Old
07-19-2012, 04:31 PM
egd27
#freethebigpicture

Take this for what it's worth......(may be nothing)

Just spoke with someone from MLSE while on vacation in Georgian Bay who says that Halik is Burke's main target. Seemed like he knew what he was talking about. Guess it's as good as any of the other rumors out there.

Old
07-19-2012, 04:35 PM
Kyle Doobas*
#groovystats

vCash: 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by egd27 View Post
Take this for what it's worth......(may be nothing)

Just spoke with someone from MLSE while on vacation in Georgian Bay who says that Halik is Burke's main target. Seemed like he knew what he was talking about. Guess it's as good as any of the other rumors out there.
Halik? Did you mean Halak?

Not being a grammar Nazi, I'm just genuinely not sure.

Last edited by Kyle Doobas*: 07-19-2012 at 04:46 PM.
Old
07-19-2012, 04:38 PM
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn

Halak doesn't make sense.. They lost because of Elliot in the playoffs, they aren't moving their goalie who is a known playoff performer. Guess he doesn't, unless Burke pulls something outta a hat again.

Old
07-19-2012, 04:50 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaPlante94 View Post
Its not really fair to compare Berniers situation to Prices. Price was what 22? And Huet was close to 30. Price was the better goalie of the 2 and a lot younger so Montreal would of been stupid to trade Price. Bernier and Quick are about the same age and Quick has just played way to good to even give Bernier a chance to play. I like Bernier and wouldn't mind if we got him but I just don't want to give up that much for him especially Frattin and a 2nd
Price was putting up some dominant numbers and so was huet at the time but Huet was moved at the deadline if I recall, giving Price ample time in the playoffs when the habs went in the post season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDion03 View Post
Halak doesn't make sense.. They lost because of Elliot in the playoffs, they aren't moving their goalie who is a known playoff performer. Guess he doesn't, unless Burke pulls something outta a hat again.
If we get Halak I would be Overjoyed. However I agree with you that it makes no sense as he is more of a proven starter than Elliot.

Old
07-19-2012, 04:51 PM
delirium trigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDion03 View Post
Blues are blowing it up! halak and backes to Toronto

Old
07-19-2012, 04:52 PM
Grant
LL Genius

vCash: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupes View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErnieLeafs View Post
I have to agree with ErnieLeafs. LA fans will of course say right now that with more consistent starts Bernier will become a capable starter because he is still under contract with LA. If Bernier gets traded, I'm guessing we will begin to hear LA fans say that he won't become a legit starter because he was never able to earn more starts. Even LA fans say that Quick hasn't solidified himself as an established great starter until this season, so why hasn't Bernier been able to take over that role of starter if he is so good?

Bernier may be able to become a great goalie given more starts, but no player should be given ice time, they have to earn it. Bernier has not earned more starts in LA yet. I am not convinced that Bernier will ever become the goalie LA fans say he will if given the chance.

Old
07-19-2012, 04:57 PM
GordieHoweHatTrick

For anyone posting any hockeyinsider links

Old
07-19-2012, 05:10 PM
delirium trigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordieHoweHatTrick View Post
For anyone posting any hockeyinsider links
Oh but its going to tell us its name when it hits 25k followers :p dumb. Id like to see this guys incorrect to fact ratio, they might not make numbers that low.

Old
07-19-2012, 05:46 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Yea for those wondering, Hockey Insiders isn't considered as a source in this place.

Old
07-19-2012, 05:54 PM
egd27
#freethebigpicture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Mojo Declinin View Post
Halik? Did you mean Halak?

Not being a grammar Nazi, I'm just genuinely not sure.
Yes I meant Halak.

Closed Thread