HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

11'/12' Offseason/Trades/Proposals: FOR CRYING OUT LOUD WHERE ARE THE RUMORS!??

Closed Thread

Old
07-20-2012, 02:35 PM
Budsfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckWoods View Post
Take it for what its worth to you guys as usual, but it sounds like Shane Doan and Phoenix are a quite a ways apart in contract negotiations.

Phoenix would like him to take a discount, especially with the new CBA pending, and Doan would like to get a good contract before this CBA negotation really gets rolling.

He's been having discussions with several teams that include New York Rangers, (he's visiting New York today), Vancouver, San Jose, Pittsburgh, Chicago, Winnipeg and the Leafs.

He's planning on visiting several other cities in the next couple days unless New York blows his socks off!

Looks like the Doan ball is finally rolling!
I wonder if that 4yr. 30 million dollar contract offer, was from the Rangers and seeing them first is to confirm that offer, should hear his signing soon.

Old
07-20-2012, 02:48 PM
Hawaiinleaf

We have accumulated every soft player in the NHL and just traded away Schenn and an oft injured but previously gritty Armstrong

Now people suggest we deal Frattin a physical solid player who when you have got a team with no physical forwards at all yes Frattin counts..

This team may be at this time the softest physical team to ever play in the NHL

And still posters here want to deal any player who shows an interest in finishing a hit

Old
07-20-2012, 02:57 PM
Bernier the Boats
Formerly BBurke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiinleaf View Post
We have accumulated every soft player in the NHL and just traded away Schenn and an oft injured but previously gritty Armstrong

Now people suggest we deal Frattin a physical solid player who when you have got a team with no physical forwards at all yes Frattin counts..

And still posters here want to deal any player who shows an interest in finishing a hit
I care about winning games, not throwing hits. If Frattin can be traded for someone I think will help the Leafs win more (ie. Bernier), then I'll drive him all the way to LA myself.

Old
07-20-2012, 02:59 PM
delirium trigger

Quote:

I think montreals held that one down for awhile now

Old
07-20-2012, 03:10 PM
Hawaiinleaf

I think our soft approach worked wonders last year

Also if you have ever watched the playoffs you will see teams play becomes a lot grittier and hard fought something our LA DEE DA approach should work wonders in

Montreal added Prust Armstrong Boullin this off season and likely by promotion Jarred Tinordi all 6'7" of him on D

Still think were a tougher team??

Our division is going to be a nightmare to play against this year every team increased its roster in tougher players..

WE have gotten softer

Good going Burke i should slap you around make you see some sense

Old
07-20-2012, 03:19 PM
delirium trigger

Leafs have 8 forwards over 200lbs, Montreal only has 4, and none of them are tough.. Montreal isnt tough. And 35 games from Armstrong isn't gonna help

Old
07-20-2012, 03:25 PM
Kyle Doobas
#groovystats

vCash: 1170
Quote:

Also if you have ever watched the playoffs you will see teams play becomes a lot grittier and hard fought something our LA DEE DA approach should work wonders in

Montreal added Prust Armstrong Boullin this off season and likely by promotion Jarred Tinordi all 6'7" of him on D

Our division is going to be a nightmare to play against this year every team increased its roster in tougher players..

WE have gotten softer

Yeah, trading for JVR was a huge mistake. We could've spent that money on adding fourth-liners like Montreal did, or traded Grabovski for Steve Ott before Buffalo made the Roy offer, or just done absolutely nothing like Boston.

Old
07-20-2012, 03:31 PM
Hawaiinleaf

Excuse me who is tough on leafs...

Montreal has Moen Prust Boullin all tougher than any Leaf forward and i am a Leafs fan

Moen 215lbs
Cole 211lbs
Bourque 211lbs
Staubitz 215
Darche 215lb
Pacioritty 200lb

Now add Prust very tough 200lb Boullin 200lb very tough and Tinordi 6'7" 240

Old
07-20-2012, 03:34 PM
The K Man

Quote:

WE have gotten softer

So Montreal added some 4th liners who take bad penalties and aren't very good at hockey? We're gonna have real troubles next year against them....

If you like to think that way we have Orr and Komisarek still, so cheer up!

Old
07-20-2012, 03:44 PM
The K Man

Quote:

Montreal has Moen Prust Boullin all tougher than any Leaf forward and i am a Leafs fan

Moen 215lbs
Cole 211lbs
Bourque 211lbs
Staubitz 215
Darche 215lb
Pacioritty 200lb

You've got to make a distinction between tough and being tough to play against.
Prust, Bourque, Staubitz, Darche and Boulin are not tough to play against. That's 5 4th liners they're going to have to fit on the 4th line that will play 6-8 minutes a game, hardly game changers.

And I really hope you're not calling Bourque tough in any way, he's half as tough as Bozak, and I'm not calling Bozak tough.

Old
07-20-2012, 03:44 PM
JMcLeaf
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:

Moen 215lbs
Cole 211lbs
Bourque 211lbs
Staubitz 215
Darche 215lb
Pacioritty 200lb

I don't really consider Cole, Bourque and Pacioretty to be tough players. Staubitz and Darche(he's not tough at all) are gone. Tinodri doesn't weigh 240 lbs.

Old
07-20-2012, 03:51 PM
number72

Quote:

Moen 215lbs
Cole 211lbs
Bourque 211lbs
Staubitz 215
Darche 215lb
Pacioritty 200lb

Montreal did in one summer what Burke has been trying for 4 years.

Old
07-20-2012, 04:30 PM
Asif16*

I approve of the JVR for schenn trade and letting armstrong go. But saying that we are indeed soft. Now whether thats a good thing or bad i dont know. i personally like a bit more physical and grittier team. At the end of the day, the leafs are gonna get BULLIED and ***** SLAPPED by everyone

Old
07-20-2012, 04:31 PM
Asif16*

Quote:
Originally Posted by number72 View Post
Im lookin forward too the Habs vs Bruins games next year. The physical play definetely wont be one sided next year. You might acctually see the habs stand up for themselves and fight back.

Old
07-20-2012, 04:33 PM
delirium trigger

Quote:
Are you kidding? The only one there that is tough is moen. The rest might as well be cheerleaders. Our current 4th line could beat up that whole team. I in no way am saying the leafs are tough, but Montreal is a team of smurf *****s. the leafs have a good 4th line and big wingers, the issue is only center. Montreal is ridiculously soft everywhere up front... Why else do you think they jumped armstrongs bones so quick, they are desperate and he's not even that big and always injured. This is a dumb argument

Old
07-20-2012, 04:36 PM
number72

Quote:
Originally Posted by delirium trigger View Post
Are you kidding? The only one there that is tough is moen. The rest might as well be cheerleaders. Our current 4th line could beat up that whole team. I in no way am saying the leafs are tough, but Montreal is a team of smurf *****s. the leafs have a good 4th line and big wingers, the issue is only center. Montreal is ridiculously soft everywhere up front... Why else do you think they jumped armstrongs bones so quick, they are desperate and he's not even that big and always injured. This is a dumb argument
Prust is a cheer leader.

Old
07-20-2012, 04:38 PM
Asif16*

Quote:
LoL are you kidding me. this is funny

Old
07-20-2012, 04:41 PM
shakes
Ancient Astronaut

Quote:
Get a bunch of 4th line players with no top end talent?

Old
07-20-2012, 04:43 PM
CmonLeafs

Quote:

Moen 215lbs
Cole 211lbs
Bourque 211lbs
Staubitz 215
Darche 215lb
Pacioritty 200lb

Pacioretty is not tough at all. Neither is Erik Cole. Neither is Chris Bourque. You could compare all 3 of those guys to any 3 of MacArthur, Kulemin, JVR, Lupul, Frattin, and Kadri and we come up the winners. And Mike Brown is tougher than any of Moen, Staubitz, or Darche.

Old
07-20-2012, 04:45 PM
delirium trigger

Quote:
Prust is a cheer leader.
What else do you think he's doing all game when he's stuck on the bench. Who cares about a guy that plays 5 min.. team toughness comes from strong on the boards and puck players who can hit and play significant minutes. Armstrong is an ok guy for that, but he won't be much use. Kulemin, frattin, JVR and lupul ain't being moved of the puck by anyone in montreals top 6, u could probably add Grabo to that list too.

Old
07-20-2012, 04:48 PM
ErikP803

Quote:
Prust is a cheer leader.
Orr>>> their entire team..if he works with Underhill this summer then he's got a legit shot at that 13th forward spot, assuming Carlyle would want to give him a role similar to what he gave Parros in Anaheim. Plus there's no way Burke's done with the roster moves, I think by the time the season starts the Leafs won't have to worry about getting outmuscled by any team in the division other than the Bruins.

On a side note though, now that Buffalo made the trade for Ott, I can't wait to see him and Komarov go at it, should be fun to watch! A battle for the NHL's best agitator hopefully?

Old
07-20-2012, 04:51 PM
delirium trigger

I love how canadiens fans are in this constant denial. There team is exactly where the leafs were a decade ago, ready to fall apart.. in fact they are worse off because they have gomez hahaha. That team has lacked direction for years and are entering their "JFJ" years as we speak. Hold on its gonna be a rough ride

Old
07-20-2012, 04:52 PM
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn

vCash: 166
I'll give the Habs one thing: Carey Price.

But toughness?

Far from it.

Old
07-20-2012, 04:56 PM
Duffman955

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asif16 View Post
I approve of the JVR for schenn trade and letting armstrong go. But saying that we are indeed soft. Now whether thats a good thing or bad i dont know. i personally like a bit more physical and grittier team. At the end of the day, the leafs are gonna get BULLIED and ***** SLAPPED by everyone
Exactly. I don't want to compare toughness to Montreal and their smurf ass team. For a Burke team this sucks.

We should be compared to the bruins in terms of toughness, yet 4 years of Burke has lead us to compete with the smurfs in terms of toughness.

We need players like backes, lucic, clowe. We have some prospects, but they are about 3-4 years from making an impact. We need toughness and we need it now.

Old
07-20-2012, 05:01 PM
blasted_Sabre
Global Moderator
Warden of the North

Quote:
I love how canadiens fans are in this constant denial. There team is exactly where the leafs were a decade ago, ready to fall apart.. in fact they are worse off because they have gomez hahaha. That team has lacked direction for years and are entering their "JFJ" years as we speak. Hold on its gonna be a rough ride
Theyve got a legit blue chip prospect at C and one of the best young goalies in the league locked up for a while. They're not even close to where we were.

calgary, on the other hand......

Closed Thread