HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Looking forward to?

Old
07-12-2012, 10:24 AM
Tortuga812

vCash: 500
Looking forward to?

With the season fast approaching I thought I would ask what everyone what thet are looking forward to this season (within reason). I am looking forward to Wilson welcoming Yakupov to the NHL.

Tortuga812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 10:27 AM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Postseason.

S E P H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 10:31 AM
Foppa Frossa

vCash: 50
I just hope there's not a lockout. As long as they play hockey I will be happy no matter what. Anything else is just gravy.

Foppa Frossa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 12:08 PM
the_fan

Another boring season, boring all star game, boring trade deadline, boring playoffs ( which won't have the Avs in it)

the_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 12:10 PM
Bonzai12

Send a message via Yahoo to Bonzai12
Finding out who really carried the Preds defense.

Was it Weber or Suter?

Bonzai12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 12:12 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

vCash: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_fan View Post
Another boring season, boring all star game, boring trade deadline, boring playoffs ( which won't have the Avs in it)
Don't you get tired of your constant whining? And if you find NHL hockey boring why do you watch it?

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 12:21 PM
GamingGiant

Seeing how/if our young core has progressed.

GamingGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 12:28 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
Report Spam @JWK Plz

For the avs, seeing Hishy prove people wrong (again), seeing Duchene prove people wrong and Varly continue his climb on become one of the best keepers in the NHL.

For the NHL as a whole, Malkin, Ovy, Lundqvist and other players I love to watch.

Duchene2MacKinnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 12:38 PM
henchman24
If and if...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzai12 View Post
Finding out who really carried the Preds defense.

Was it Weber or Suter?
Or Trotz. Don't get me wrong both are amazing defensemen, but they play in a very good system that MIGHT make them look better than they are

henchman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 12:41 PM
kento
Tulonto Blue Jays

For the avs, i'm looking forward to Duchene picking his game up enough to be considered the best player on our team. Hopefully the rest of the forwards pick up where they left off to end off the year. If mcginn, staz, jones, o'reilly and varly continue to do what they did to end off the year i'll be beyond satisfied. Also hoping for another step up from Landeskog. If he doesn't improve i'll still be happy, but 19 to 20 is a big jump so hopefully he leaps even more in the right direction. I would love to see forward movement from Elliott. I want this guy to be a constant member of our every day roster.

As for the rest of the league, i'm excited to see Sidney Crosby prove to everyone that he is the best player in the world. Other than that all I really want to see are all the Newfoundlanders do well, and see some good competitive hockey.

kento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 12:44 PM
the_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
Don't you get tired of your constant whining? And if you find NHL hockey boring why do you watch it?
We are all entitled to our own opinions. If I think the NHL has gotten boring thats my opinion. I will still watch it because there is nothing else to watch.

And I'm not whining. You guys are whining by constantly replying to my posts with arguments.

Old
07-12-2012, 12:48 PM
Glasscog

I want to hear about a possible We wanted Suter or Parise! Chant at the Pepsi Center.

Glasscog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 12:50 PM
BrickAHL
No More

I'm looking forward to everything, I mean this team is just so damn entertaining. Even if they aren't winning they are still fun to watch. But if I had to pick something then it would be Stastny getting back to being a 70+ point player, Johnson getting a lot of points to prove everybody wrong, Barrie or Elliott making the team out of training camp and the main thing is listening to Mike Haynes and Peter McNab again.

BrickAHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 12:51 PM
FoppaForsberg*

Quote:
We are all entitled to our own opinions. If I think the NHL has gotten boring thats my opinion. I will still watch it because there is nothing else to watch.

And I'm not whining. You guys are whining by constantly replying to my posts with arguments.
Because all you do is whine and turn any positive thread into a negative. Just leave troll.

FoppaForsberg* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 12:52 PM
Glasscog

Maybe one of our 2012 picks tears it up at training camp..

Glasscog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 12:59 PM
the_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRM93 View Post
Because all you do is whine and turn any positive thread into a negative. Just leave troll.
LOL did i hit a nerve?

Calm down little guy

Old
07-12-2012, 01:03 PM
iAvs
JUST WIN

I'm just hoping there isn't any sort of lockout that will delay the start of the season.

iAvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 01:07 PM
GamingGiant

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAvs View Post
I'm just hoping there isn't any sort of lockout that will delay the start of the season.
That's number one for me as well I suppose. Not much to look forward to without a season.

GamingGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 01:10 PM
FoppaForsberg*

Quote:
LOL did i hit a nerve?

Calm down little guy
It doesn't appear that I freaked out of any sort, so no. I just call em as I see em, troll.

FoppaForsberg* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 01:52 PM
Hennessy
Blank Space

vCash: 6908
I'm looking forward to a fanbase's disillusionment when their team drastically fails to live up to expectations. Hopefully not this one's.

I like schadenfreude.

Hennessy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 01:58 PM
Stories
Science!

Just interested to see who makes the roster.

Stories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 03:02 PM
RumpleSnipeSkin
Bar Down

I'd have to say I'm most interested in seeing how our young D prospects have progressed and matured, both physically and mentally. As such, I'd have to say training camp is something I look forward to.

As to the regular season, I am excited to see what the current roster can do with a full season together (hopefully healthy)

RumpleSnipeSkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 03:29 PM
ChibiPooky
Yay hockey!

It's looking tough for next season. Even assuming the Red Wings crash and burn, LAK, VAN, STL, SJS, PHX are pretty much the same teams as last year. They should take care of five playoff spots.
MIN's improved. CHG and PHX are still decent. NSH and DET could very well be in the mix. That's 11 competitive teams, more if CGY, ANA, or EDM surprise. CBJ is the only team in the West who looks out of it.

By contrast, the East looks weak as balls. Most of the top teams there got worse or stayed the same.

So I'll say that I'm looking forward to Colorado shocking one of the bubble teams by stealing their playoff spot.

ChibiPooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 03:56 PM
volaju

The moment when this board realizes that McGinn and Jones aren't 1st line players and melts down and everyone starts moaning and screaming and getting really nasty. Oh boy! I'll gladly eat crow if I'm wrong, but I just don't see them maintaining 1st line numbers/play well into the season.

What I'm actually looking forward to, though, is the development of our forward corps. I actually believe Duchene is motivated after an embarrassing year. Last summer, we got pics of him fishing -- this summer, it's him on the ice with Crosby. Hope that's a sign of things to come.

I also think signing PAP was a smart move. I'm excited to see how he gels with the team.

volaju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 04:20 PM
BrickAHL
No More

Quote:
Originally Posted by volaju View Post
The moment when this board realizes that McGinn and Jones aren't 1st line players and melts down and everyone starts moaning and screaming and getting really nasty. Oh boy! I'll gladly eat crow if I'm wrong, but I just don't see them maintaining 1st line numbers/play well into the season.

What I'm actually looking forward to, though, is the development of our forward corps. I actually believe Duchene is motivated after an embarrassing year. Last summer, we got pics of him fishing -- this summer, it's him on the ice with Crosby. Hope that's a sign of things to come.

I also think signing PAP was a smart move. I'm excited to see how he gels with the team.
Nobody expects McGinn and Jones to be 1st liners.

BrickAHL is offline   Reply With Quote