HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

A season in review - James Reimer

Old
04-14-2012, 12:52 PM
Inferno31

vCash: 500
A season in review - James Reimer

Season in Review - James Reimer

Finding Francois

You'll find a few other specific game breakdowns on Budsboard
from specific games as well.

I'll also be reviewing Jonas Gustavsson and Scrivens/Rynnas and the future of the position in the 3 part series. Any thoughts/feedback would be great. Hope you enjoy the write ups.

Inferno31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 02:13 PM
Inferno31

Also a WSJ article talking about Lundqvist's puck tracking ability Stoping puckings without looking

Old
04-14-2012, 02:42 PM
Thomas Malthus
The Dismal Team

Thank you for posting those, I enjoyed the reading. This year really highlighted the interdependence of a defensive system and goaltending.

Thomas Malthus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 02:59 PM
Inferno31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Malthus View Post
Thank you for posting those, I enjoyed the reading. This year really highlighted the interdependence of a defensive system and goaltending.
Glad you enjoyed it.
It really is quite important, certain defensive schemes work best with certain goaltending styles. Reuniting Allaire and Carlyle is a reason for optimism going into next year.

Old
04-14-2012, 03:03 PM
Thomas Malthus
The Dismal Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno31 View Post
Glad you enjoyed it.
It really is quite important, certain defensive schemes work best with certain goaltending styles. Reuniting Allaire and Carlyle is a reason for optimism going into next year.
Since analyzing goaltending is your thing, which available goaltenders would you consider the best candidates to fit the Allaire and Carlyle system and complete the Reimer-xxxx duo for next season?

Thomas Malthus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 03:18 PM
Inferno31

Unfortunately there aren't a ton of good goalies available on the free agent market this year. In terms of fit, Martin Biron is currently playing backup on the rangers under the tutelage of Benoit Allaire. I can't imagine the transition from brother to brother would be one that is too difficult for him. He is a veteran keeper that the team desperately needs, but not exactly of the caliber most fans want.

Personally I really like Josh Harding. Injuries have really hurt his career, but hes got a phenomenal glove hand and almost baits shooters to taking a shot there. Given his natural agility and ability he may do quite well in Toronto if he can stay healthy. If he can't Reimer is also due for a better season next year, but I have my concerns about him as well.

In terms of who we can trade for, it's difficult to speculate. Schneider is seemingly more unlikely, Bernier would be nice but same old adage of young goalies in a rough market to develop and find yourself. It has been ages since the Leafs brought up an elite goalie through their own system.

Old
07-13-2012, 04:34 PM
DaveT83*

"Many Leaf fans like to point to the 4 wins in the first 6 games and a sparkling 2.29 GAA as the promise Reimer had before a concussion derailed his season. In those almost 6 games Reimer posted a 0.912 save percentage, good by Leaf goaltending standards but hardly adequate league wide. Had he continued to play that way the entire season he would rank somewhere between 25-35th in goalies who have played more than 20 games in save percentage."

"His season completely derailed when he returned from injury - and finished with a .900svp - and a 3.10GA"

Just saying

DaveT83* is offline   Reply With Quote