HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hasek met with R&R face to face. Turned him down.

Old
07-13-2012, 07:42 AM
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GirgsAndGrigs View Post
If we don't nip this problem in the butt we'll be up to our balls in jugglers.
That's "bud", Rayzor. "Bud".

BackGroundMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 11:19 AM
FearRipSimonick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretip View Post
Although he probably never would have conceded such publicly, I'm sure Regier enjoyed the irony of Hasek asking him for a job after the hose job Hasek gave Regier 11 years ago by demanding a trade and the conditions under which Regier had to deal him.
That was my first thought. Hasek is my favorite Sabre of all time and probably the most dominating Buffalo athlete of my lifetime, but we had to take pennies from the Wings so they could go win a Cup with him, and now he comes back to the same guy he screwed over for help? Come on, that stupid Slava Kozlov trade set us back years. He can go talk to his precious Red Wings if he wants to play so bad. I sound like a bitter ex or something, but with the good comes the bad I guess. Hasek was always proof of that. I'd definitely tune in to any game he played though.

FearRipSimonick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 11:52 AM
Jame
Dream '16

When I was a young teenager, I tried to get Dom's autograph outside the Hartford Civic Center. There was a dozen or so people who recognized him, and we were following him down the street as he signed autographs (while walking).

As the crowd grew (and Dom continued walking), I got caught up in the crowd and knocked over into the bushes lining the street.

Dom kept walking
Gary Galley helped me up

It was one of Satan's first games with the Sabres if I recall...he definitely scored that night.

memories

Jame is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 12:42 PM
haseoke39
**** Cycle 4 Eichel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
When I was a young teenager, I tried to get Dom's autograph outside the Hartford Civic Center. There was a dozen or so people who recognized him, and we were following him down the street as he signed autographs (while walking).

As the crowd grew (and Dom continued walking), I got caught up in the crowd and knocked over into the bushes lining the street.

Dom kept walking
Gary Galley helped me up

It was one of Satan's first games with the Sabres if I recall...he definitely scored that night.

memories
On the day Dom got traded, I talked to all the russian kids who lived in my housing complex until one of them could tell me where the Dominator lived. Took over my hugely long, likely never read fan letter, knocked on his door. There were five guys in suits sitting around Dom's kitchen table. Dom was wearing cut offs and a holey tshirt. The dominator interrupted his meeting and made some pleasantries on the porch with me. Always thought that was pretty good of him. Still have the autograph.

haseoke39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 03:17 PM
HogtownSabresfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearRipSimonick View Post
That was my first thought. Hasek is my favorite Sabre of all time and probably the most dominating Buffalo athlete of my lifetime, but we had to take pennies from the Wings so they could go win a Cup with him, and now he comes back to the same guy he screwed over for help? Come on, that stupid Slava Kozlov trade set us back years. He can go talk to his precious Red Wings if he wants to play so bad. I sound like a bitter ex or something, but with the good comes the bad I guess. Hasek was always proof of that. I'd definitely tune in to any game he played though.
I agree 100%. I love him but the upside here is minimal for us. We'd have to trade Enroth (and risk that he could be our future starter) to give Hasek two years. It would leave us nothing to start right away when Miller goes UFA. If he had played to the end, I might make that sacrifice but not the way he left. Owe him zero.

HogtownSabresfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 02:41 PM
Olaf Fub

I thought it was a classy move to talk to him.

I don't need to see him in a Sabres uniform but I think it will be fun if he makes it back into the league.

Olaf Fub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 03:07 AM
Summit72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretip View Post
Although he probably never would have conceded such publicly, I'm sure Regier enjoyed the irony of Hasek asking him for a job after the hose job Hasek gave Regier 11 years ago by demanding a trade and the conditions under which Regier had to deal him.

It seems the Quinn influence is gradually wearing off - thankfully. Had he still been calling the shots for Regier, I suspect that both Semin and Hasek would have been given serious consideration for the roster and Roy would have been given a 4-year extension.
I agree 100% on both points.

I was wondering if Ruff's smile was not only for Dom's legendary "compete", but also for him essentially asking for his job back.

Summit72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 12:12 AM
CrazyMonkey1208

If he ends up in the NHL again as a player, he'll more than likely end up in a small market that really has no goalie right now. A place like Edmonton comes to mind for some reason...best of luck to him and thanks for the memories

CrazyMonkey1208 is offline   Reply With Quote