Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old
07-12-2012, 06:23 AM
JabbaJabba

vCash: 552
Anaheim Ducks prospect ranking #4

Ranking so far:
1. Kyle Palmieri 37.04%
2. Sami Vatanen 41.38% (original poll) 50.63% (tiebreaker)
3. Emerson Etem 62.90%

Just to clear out something. The point of these polls is to find out the ranking of the prospect according to this forum. They are going to be ranked from the best to worse. It's not about who has the greatest potential or who mades the NHL first or who you like the best. These factors do affect on the ranking of course so I hope that you think about your vote from different aspects before you vote.

JabbaJabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 06:27 AM
ShadowDuck
Captain Anaheim

vCash: 150
Going with Holland whenever I get on a PC. He should be the runaway winner. But a lot of love as been shown for Lindholm.

Lindholm/Gibson/DSP are likely my next few.

ShadowDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 06:31 AM
JabbaJabba

vCash: 552
I voted for Peter Holland because he has the potential to become the 2nd line center in a year or so. He has size and skills to make it, and it seems like Holland is finally putting it together in the AHL. I would like to see him on the Ducks next season maybe starting as a 4th line center at first. I just hope they don't rush him straight to 2nd line.

JabbaJabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 10:27 AM
Kalvinators
Mindholm!!!!

vCash: 500
Holland.

He ranks 1st in the NHL in shot% last season

Kalvinators is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 12:14 PM
Clive Bixby
Killer Manson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalvinators View Post
Holland.

He ranks 1st in the NHL in shot% last season
I'd love to see more of that wrister next season.

Clive Bixby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 12:26 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

I'll probably be alone on this one, but I'm gonna say Gibson. Top SV% in the entire CHL last season as an 18 year old. Big frame. Was projected to be one of the first goalies picked last year, so he does have pedigree.

I doubt many will agree with me, and goalies are notoriously difficult to project. Especially with the shiny new toy.

Rationally it probably shouldn't be Gibson. He probably has "2nd line" potential. And goalies have big bust potential. Holland has 2nd line potential and put in a pretty good AHL season, and Lindholm has upper tier 2nd line potential. But I wasn't impressed with what I've seen of Holland in camps, and Lindholm is still a bit of an unknown. So I go Gibson.

snarktacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 12:41 PM
DuckshaveaRPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by snarktacular View Post
I'll probably be alone on this one, but I'm gonna say Gibson. Top SV% in the entire CHL last season as an 18 year old. Big frame. Was projected to be one of the first goalies picked last year, so he does have pedigree.

I doubt many will agree with me, and goalies are notoriously difficult to project. Especially with the shiny new toy.

Rationally it probably shouldn't be Gibson. He probably has "2nd line" potential. And goalies have big bust potential. Holland has 2nd line potential and put in a pretty good AHL season, and Lindholm has upper tier 2nd line potential. But I wasn't impressed with what I've seen of Holland in camps, and Lindholm is still a bit of an unknown. So I go Gibson.
from what ive read and seen from Holland i get the sense that even with his improved work ethic and now playing a more all round game that he probally aint the type of guy to go hard at a camp

DuckshaveaRPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 12:54 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

I struggled with the thought of where to put Gibson myself, as well. Quite honestly - I don't think it would be ridiculous to have Gibson and Lindholm as our two top prospects. There's no real ceiling for Gibson. He's got a great frame and outstanding technique. That's always an intriguing basis for a very good goalie prospect.

If you rank prospects with a certain emphasis on high-end potential, as is usual and makes sense (to a degree), Gibson could be quite high. I understand that the perception would be a little different with the common knowledge in the difficulty to project goaltending prospects.

Vipers31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 01:34 PM
DuckJet
Ducks are math=Bad

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by snarktacular View Post

Gibson is my next guy for sure.

DuckJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 01:45 PM
Kalvinators
Mindholm!!!!

Yeah, i`ll go with Gibson next to.

Huge potential.

Gibson
Lindholm
Devo
Roy

are the next ones for me.

Rakell, Wagner and Kerdiles should come right after, even though i think they all`ll be NHL regulars, just their defensive forwards with less offensive potential but they could turn out great 3d liners with ability to step i n on 2nd line.

Kalvinators is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 02:15 PM
Hockey Duckie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JabbaJabba View Post
Ranking so far:
1. Kyle Palmieri 37.04%
2. Sami Vatanen 41.38% (original poll) 50.63% (tiebreaker)
3. Emerson Etem 62.90%

Just to clear out something. The point of these polls is to find out the ranking of the prospect according to this forum. They are going to be ranked from the best to worse. It's not about who has the greatest potential or who mades the NHL first or who you like the best. These factors do affect on the ranking of course so I hope that you think about your vote from different aspects before you vote.
I'm lost on the criteria of how to rank the prospects. When you say rank from best to worst, based upon what criteria and how would you rank work done in NHL vs AHL vs Minors vs Euroleagues (their SEL vs FEL vs minors). Best prospect in projection of what? Best work done to date or where they will end up in the future. Is a projected top pairing defenseman rated higher or lower than a third liner who made the NHL club at a young age? So if you create a rubric/standard on how to analyze and rate our prospects, then the consensus would more or less be on the same frame of mind.

Hockey Duckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 02:28 PM
Spicy Porkins
Porkins the White

vCash: 1661
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Duckie View Post
I'm lost on the criteria of how to rank the prospects. When you say rank from best to worst, based upon what criteria and how would you rank work done in NHL vs AHL vs Minors vs Euroleagues (their SEL vs FEL vs minors). Best prospect in projection of what? Best work done to date or where they will end up in the future. Is a projected top pairing defenseman rated higher or lower than a third liner who made the NHL club at a young age? So if you create a rubric/standard on how to analyze and rate our prospects, then the consensus would more or less be on the same frame of mind.
I think Jabba is saying that the rankings are supposed to reflect the board's opinion of who is the overall best. To me, that's a combination of what kind of potential they have and what their likelihood of reaching that potential is. I don't see why it needs to be reduced to one aspect of prospect-hood.

Spicy Porkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 02:47 PM
Carelton CA

Holland
Lindholm
Wagner
DSP
Gibson
Rakell
Kerdiles

By the way I think the difference between any of these guys on this list is minimal. I hope they're all a part of the Ducks in the next 3-4 years.

Carelton CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 02:48 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

When Lindholm finally makes the big show, hopefully he's good at skating to the red line and dumping the puck in.

Then the arena could play the Humpty Dance. "Do the Hampty dump, come on and do the Hampty dump!"

snarktacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 02:51 PM
jax00
DangleSnipe&Celly

Holland. Kid has mad skillz.

jax00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 03:05 PM
Vaakou