HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Request for research as to cost of Hedman (to NYR)

Old
07-12-2012, 05:24 PM
bernmeister

vCash: 500
Request for research as to cost of Hedman (to NYR)

Many permutations, many possibilities involving Rangers.

Would Michael Del Zotto + Girardi be enough for Hedman?
If not, what would need be added?

See you improved but may still have concerns as to backliners.
MDZ has good track record w/Stamkos helps on offensive side of equation.
Girardi = defensive excellence

Heavy piece (Krieder, etc.) not on the table. Not looking to swindle or be swindled. Trying to see if there happens to be something close on value that might work as a fit with other possible deals.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts...

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 05:34 PM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

For some reason, I read your post in Mordin Solus' voice.

"Many permutations, many possibilities involving Rangers."

Felonious Python is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 06:31 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

That would be super, super tempting.

The Fear Boners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 06:34 PM
I Am Beat You

In a heartbeat.

I Am Beat You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 06:50 PM
Bolts265

Where do I sign on this deal!

Bolts265 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 07:02 PM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

Eh...needs a bit more.

(Never accept the first offer.)

Felonious Python is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 07:10 PM
zeykshade

LOL, Rangers never let that deal happen. MDZ + Girardi for Hedman would be absolute robbery for the Bolts.

zeykshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 07:24 PM
Follower of Yzlam
Believe the Yzerplan

vCash: 50
SFY hangs up the phone...

To go drive Hedman to the airport.

Follower of Yzlam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 08:15 PM
Callum
Kiwi

Interesting. I think SY polishes the deal and makes it happen. Although I cannot see Sather doing this.

Callum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 08:51 PM
HoseEmDown

As much as it seems that this deal is in our favor I don't like it. If we hadn't just signed Carle I wouldn't mind this deal bu MDZ is just a younger Carle who isn't as good defensively. Hedman will soon be as good as Girardi defensively and has more offensive upside and is much younger. I feel Hedman will be a beast pretty soon and not worth trading anytime soon.

HoseEmDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 09:20 PM
Follower of Yzlam
Believe the Yzerplan

I absolutely love Hedman and think he'll be a beast, but...

It's hard to pass up. Hedman may never reach his full potential, and two top-4 Dmen for 1 is a damn good deal.

Old
07-13-2012, 05:51 AM
Vasilevskiy
I've many surnames

it's good value but I would try to get McDonaugh and MDZ for him

Vasilevskiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 07:59 AM
HoseEmDown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasilevski View Post
McDonaugh is about as untouchable to them as Hedman is to us. I thought before we signed Carle and resigned Purcell that we'd try to move Teddy for one of their big 4 D.

Old
07-13-2012, 08:07 AM
Vasilevskiy
I've many surnames

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoseEmDown View Post
McDonaugh is about as untouchable to them as Hedman is to us. I thought before we signed Carle and resigned Purcell that we'd try to move Teddy for one of their big 4 D.
Unfortunately, yes

Vasilevskiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 12:24 PM
chasespace

Damn, that is very tempting.

chasespace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 12:38 PM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasilevski View Post
Massive overpayment with McD, so that is a no, thank you.

Trying to gauge how much overpayment the original proposal might be.

Thank you to all who posted, please keep em coming, will get back to you over/right after weekend.

I'm looking to see if a win-win can be created, the core pieces MDZ + Hedman. Feel free to add/take away any combos that suggest an offer we can both do.

Old
07-13-2012, 02:50 PM
HoseEmDown

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
Massive overpayment with McD, so that is a no, thank you.

Trying to gauge how much overpayment the original proposal might be.

Thank you to all who posted, please keep em coming, will get back to you over/right after weekend.

I'm looking to see if a win-win can be created, the core pieces MDZ + Hedman. Feel free to add/take away any combos that suggest an offer we can both do.
MDZ doesn't really have any value for us so I don't see a deal with him as the centerpiece. We just signed Carle and we have Barberio in the A who can be better than him. I don't see anything on the Rangets worth moving Hedman for.

Old
07-14-2012, 12:31 AM
Glide5

Quote:
MDZ doesn't really have any value for us so I don't see a deal with him as the centerpiece. We just signed Carle and we have Barberio in the A who can be better than him. I don't see anything on the Rangets worth moving Hedman for.
Ya I agree to this. A while back, people mused about Del Zoto for Connolly. Now with our current D situation, an MDZ centerpiece trade really isnt as much of a priority as it would have been.

I would love to have the kid, dont get me wrong, but Hedman wont be moved. He is on a good contract, and will only get better. Plus he has been the future of the defense for a few years now. would seem weird to move him at this point in his development, when he is the most likely to start breaking out.

Glide5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2012, 12:07 PM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glide5 View Post
Ya I agree to this. A while back, people mused about Del Zoto for Connolly. Now with our current D situation, an MDZ centerpiece trade really isnt as much of a priority as it would have been.

I would love to have the kid, dont get me wrong, but Hedman wont be moved. He is on a good contract, and will only get better. Plus he has been the future of the defense for a few years now. would seem weird to move him at this point in his development, when he is the most likely to start breaking out.
Bold: that would have to have been WAY WAY back. Peeps on NYR side, IMO, not seriously thinking of that.

As to the rest of it, again, I'm looking to see if something can be created that is basically MDZ + for Hedman.

I respect that sizeable part of the fan base that says, thanks, no thanks, we're keeping Hedman.

I'm interested in the head count from what is also a sizeable group of TBL fans saying if we get enough, let's make a deal.

I expect the size of the groups to be decided by the final consensus on a deal if any.

It appeared on basis of the above, most Bolt people would do MDZ + Girardi for Hedman; it is not clear most Ranger fans would do that this year, as it would thin us on the backline and we can probably do one or the other but not both. Nevertheless I wanted to see what you guys thought was fair as to value.

Thank you again, and now let's take one more crack at seeing if there is a match.
Nothing crazy on either side (e.g., Kreider/McDonagh from Rangers, no Stamkos/St. Louis from Lightning).

Del Zotto + X ____________________
for
Hedman + y _____________________

Can something be made we both can live with?

Old
07-17-2012, 12:46 PM
HoseEmDown

Quote:
Bold: that would have to have been WAY WAY back. Peeps on NYR side, IMO, not seriously thinking of that.

As to the rest of it, again, I'm looking to see if something can be created that is basically MDZ + for Hedman.

I respect that sizeable part of the fan base that says, thanks, no thanks, we're keeping Hedman.

I'm interested in the head count from what is also a sizeable group of TBL fans saying if we get enough, let's make a deal.

I expect the size of the groups to be decided by the final consensus on a deal if any.

It appeared on basis of the above, most Bolt people would do MDZ + Girardi for Hedman; it is not clear most Ranger fans would do that this year, as it would thin us on the backline and we can probably do one or the other but not both. Nevertheless I wanted to see what you guys thought was fair as to value.

Thank you again, and now let's take one more crack at seeing if there is a match.
Nothing crazy on either side (e.g., Kreider/McDonagh from Rangers, no Stamkos/St. Louis from Lightning).

Del Zotto + X ____________________
for
Hedman + y _____________________

Can something be made we both can live with?
It's not that I think Hedman is 100% untouchable it's that MDZ doesn't work for us. So there is no deal with MDZ + for Hedman. We have Carle, Salo and Barberio in the system there's not a need for MDZ anymore. You say no proposals with Kreider or McD but in order to get Hedman one of those two would have to be coming our way.

Old
07-17-2012, 07:52 PM
Follower of Yzlam
Believe the Yzerplan

Honestly, unless we're getting BETTER on the blue line from the trade (as Girardi+DZ would do), I see no point on trading Hedman. Hedman is right now a legit top pairing NHL defenseman, and he still has a lot of room to grow into a #1 and potential Norris level guy. DZ+ doesn't really do it for me (although Kreider is damn intriguing, but pretty much untouchable).

Also, and this is the secret behind all of the stuff SFY did over the past year... Tampa now actually has a lot of organizational depth at every position. Forwards we have a lot of guys that can step in and produce, Defenseman we have a set top 4 with a nice variety of 5/6 guys, and for goal, we don't have any true established stars yet, but we have a lot of potential studs in Lindback, Helenius, Vasiliwhateverrussianstuff, Tic and Janus. It's to the point where if we're making a trade or signing a player, it's to make us significantly better, and DZ for Hedman doesn't do that.

Old
07-18-2012, 06:55 PM
bernmeister

Quote:
It's not that I think Hedman is 100% untouchable it's that MDZ doesn't work for us. So there is no deal with MDZ + for Hedman. We have Carle, Salo and Barberio in the system there's not a need for MDZ anymore. You say no proposals with Kreider or McD but in order to get Hedman one of those two would have to be coming our way.
Thanks. Quite willing to give to get if the right match is there, but wanted to avoid Kreider or McD.

Acknowledge your vote/first impression that probably can't be done.

Old
07-18-2012, 06:58 PM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAB4Norris View Post
Honestly, unless we're getting BETTER on the blue line from the trade (as Girardi+DZ would do), I see no point on trading Hedman. Hedman is right now a legit top pairing NHL defenseman, and he still has a lot of room to grow into a #1 and potential Norris level guy. DZ+ doesn't really do it for me (although Kreider is damn intriguing, but pretty much untouchable).

Also, and this is the secret behind all of the stuff SFY did over the past year... Tampa now actually has a lot of organizational depth at every position. Forwards we have a lot of guys that can step in and produce, Defenseman we have a set top 4 with a nice variety of 5/6 guys, and for goal, we don't have any true established stars yet, but we have a lot of potential studs in Lindback, Helenius, Vasiliwhateverrussianstuff, Tic and Janus. It's to the point where if we're making a trade or signing a player, it's to make us significantly better, and DZ for Hedman doesn't do that.
Thank you. Very informative. MDZ and history working w/Stamkos is NOT pivotal, only degree of upgrade, if I understand you correctly.

Should we be thinking about Girardi + instead of MDZ + for Hedman?

If so, what do you want added, since my quick read on your post is you seem to have a little bit of everything at every position, including D, no severe gaps...

Old
07-18-2012, 07:54 PM
stryfe604
Believes in Yzergod

Quote:
Thank you. Very informative. MDZ and history working w/Stamkos is NOT pivotal, only degree of upgrade, if I understand you correctly.

Should we be thinking about Girardi + instead of MDZ + for Hedman?

If so, what do you want added, since my quick read on your post is you seem to have a little bit of everything at every position, including D, no severe gaps...
We have a gap on the top 6, and 3C imo. Hedman for 3C won't happen, so unrealistic homer in me wants Top 6, plus Hedman replacement for Hedman + Draft pick or prospect.

I'm not for moving Hedman, but if something were to go down I would prefer for it to be like this.

stryfe604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 10:29 PM
HoseEmDown

Quote:
Originally Posted by stryfe604 View Post
We have a gap on the top 6, and 3C imo. Hedman for 3C won't happen, so unrealistic homer in me wants Top 6, plus Hedman replacement for Hedman + Draft pick or prospect.

I'm not for moving Hedman, but if something were to go down I would prefer for it to be like this.
What gap in the top 6 are you referring too? I know Brown/Connolly or whoever gets that last spot isn't proven but I don't see a gap where we should move Hedman for. We had 5 20 goal scorers and several good young prospects we don't need to bring anymore fowards in. The D is looking stable and if we were to move one I'd prefer Brewer as he's getting older.